1830 Main Street
Irvine, CA 92614Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.agoranow.com/
- Phone: 9492229910
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday Lunch 11:30am-2:00pm Dinner 5:00pm-10:00pm Saturday-Sunday Dinner 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Agora Churrascaria
Agora Churrascaria is a Brazilian Steak House in the "Rodizio" style, where waiters, dressed as Gauchos (local ranchers from the South), move from table to table carrying skewers of meat, from which they slice portions for their guests. Agora serves 12 different cuts of meat, including beef, pork, lamb and chicken. The restaurant prepares each cut as it has been for centuries: seasoned with rock salt to accent the individual tastes of each cut, and slow-roasted over an open flame. Upon being seated, every guest is given a green and red-sided circular chip to control their fixed price, continuous tableside service. The green side signals the Gaucho to "bring it on," while the red side stops the service. For additional servings, guests simply flip the indicator back to the green side. In addition to the succulent meat selections, Agora offers an outstanding hot and cold salad bar, comprised of Brazilian and seafood specialties as well as a variety of tempting side dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Agora Churrascaria - Best Restaurants in Irvine ›
Agora Churrascaria reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)good for groups (67)fit for foodies (49)romantic (35)great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (14)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (10)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Agora has a great atmosphere, the servers were on top of things, very friendly and attentive. the food is amazing, all you can eat with a nice choice in the salad\starch bar. Loved the skirt steak!Special Features:
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Food is great. Love the fact that folks who are not big time meat eaters have a choice in a salad bar which also had a pretty good selection. In general, happy with the quality. Also should thanks to the management as this was my birthday dinner. They gave us a Birthday Flan to enjoy on the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicealwaysonthelookoutDined on 10/21/2014The food was really good, the service was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this resturantPegahDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I have lunch in this restaurant at lease twice a week! this time we had dinner with friends. it was great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014food very salty the first cut on the meat inedibleSpecial Features:
- Always fantastic!marzdogVIPDined on 10/17/2014Cannot say enough about the quality of service and food at Agora. It keeps me coming back!Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent. From the salad bar to all the meat choices this was hands down the best place I have ever eaten. The servers were attentive and very observant to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicekennyDined on 10/11/2014Will recommend to my friends. Great good and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch priceyummyformytummyDined on 10/10/2014There are less options for meat during lunch such as no pork and no beef ribs. But for the selection that you get, it is worth the lunch price.Special Features:
- Great food at a moderate priceFatFerretDined on 10/8/2014For carnivores only!! For the best value skip the salad bar!! All the meat was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantJamieDined on 9/27/2014Recently went here for an anniversary, and it was perfect! The salad bar is fresh and has the highest quality ingredients, and you will NOT leave hungry! There was no shortage of waiters coming by with exquisite cuts of meat... a great experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014We have never been disappointed with the food or service. Everything was excellant. Our group of 5 had fun and the two new members wer pleasantly surprised at the service. The manager even came around to check on us and when we ask for a special meat that had missed us, he got it to us immediately. Service is great here.Special Features:
- Low-Carb Lovers DreamLowCarbLuvrDined on 9/23/2014Being on a low carb diet, finding places to eat without stressing over the menu is difficult, but Agora took that away. Meat galore and side salads = excellent low carb paradise! The atmosphere was nice and intimate, and I loved the element of surprise given you don't know what meat is coming next! The food was tasty, and the ambiance was great. I can't wait to go back again, but with the somewhat high price (you are getting endless meat after all haha), it isn't an "everyday" type of restaurant. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but slow serviceNellaDined on 9/20/2014I've been here several times before and didn't seem to have any of the issues I had on this visit. They must have changed their staff/servers. There were several servers who would serve the food across myself and across the table. Several times the carving knife was too close to my face/hands than I was comfortable with while the server reached across to place the meat onto the plates. It was not just one server who did that. Several of them were doing the same. I will say, one of the veteran server would move appropriately around the table to serve the food. At one point, there were no servers with the skewers of meat to be found for about 10-15 mins. When your plate is empty for that long, it ruins the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time hereskirtsteakwasbombDined on 9/19/2014A little disappointed. Been here before and loved it. The meat selections were less than my first time there. Also the meat servers skipped us even though our cards were green. Busboys seemed to be rushing us out and cleared off our silverware before we were done eating. Waiter dropped off a dessert menu before we were done eating. Felt rushed the whole time and there wasn't even a wait. Will probably not come back for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014The breads was awesome and meats tasted great!! Loved the salads bar too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AgoramaniaforzadimangiareDined on 9/14/2014The servers were attentive and the presentation was unique and fun. You can't go away feeling unsatisfied (unless you're a vegan)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but good!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2014We love this place. The only issue that it's pretty expensive for the person that doesn't eat that much meat (me). I mostly come to accompany our family, but I just don't eat that much and I there's no small portion option. But if you like meat, you'll love this place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLuv2eatDined on 9/3/2014Service was good, people were polite but expected more attention to detail. Some of the featured meats were not as we imagined and not to our liking. It was my wife's b-day and I noted it on the reservation, but no special recognition was made, disappointing. It's not our first time dinning at a Brazilian steak house, in comparison to others, this one needs work.Special Features:
- A nice Churrascaria to go toMeAtL0vEr6Dined on 9/1/2014We went to the restaurant for a special event. Most of the food was great. It was pricey but overall great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better than last timeFoodlover220Dined on 9/1/2014This was my 3rd time to visit this restaurant. First time was dinner, but the meat were not juicy, over cooked, not good at all. Second time, happy hour was OK. And this time was much much better than previouse times. The meat are so juicy and tender, all the salad and hot bars are good. I really enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Too expensive - Expect lessKenAfricaDined on 8/31/2014I took friends here even after reading reviews. Most negative reviews were all on point. I went here expecting too much. I thought they would have alot of meat selections. They had the norm, Chicken, pork sausage, skirt steak, Filet maignon, lamb, pork and i ordered chicken hearts (secret menu). Service is good, servers are nice but the quality of meat is not as expected. Friend ordered a spicy magarita and they brought spicy water, returned that and got an ok magarita and this time instead of salt it was sugar. OK we didn't bother to complain. Desert is extra, not included in buffet. They should have more variety, add BBQ, Fried,......just something to increase meat choices and use more fresh meat.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong here.pickydiner231Dined on 8/31/2014I have probably eaten here about six times. The food is always amazing and it is a great treat for special occasions. Highly recommend for meat lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive Restauant, poor serviceGiselleDined on 8/30/2014Once in a while we are going to Agura Steakhouse, especially when we have a something to celebrate! We have never been on a Saturday before and we will never go on a Saturday again! The restaurant was overbooked and looked like a hall with hundreds of people! Once in a while you've got your neighbors chair in your back, because the tables were standing very close to each other! All the waiters were wet from sweat because they'd run around to try to bring all the meat to the tables! You've got 3 seconds to grap the meat, dirty plates and empty glases were in front of us for more than 30 minutes. All the waiters were stressed out and we had not a good service at all! Also, it was so freezing cold inside! There was no need to stay or drinkI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it use to be?DaveTDined on 8/30/2014I've been dining at Agora for Years. In the beginning everything was perfect. As of this visit it confirms what I thought about my last few visits. The quality of the meats has declined substantially. It use to be in the league of Fogo de chao or Texas de Brasil, it's not even close anymore. The prices have increased and the quality has decreased, not a good combination!
- Excellent steak houseFrogprinceDined on 8/30/2014Excellent steak house with great service, large salad bar, and all the steak, chicken, pork, and salmon you can eat. White table cloth. Good special occasion restaurant because of the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat ParadiseKuatDined on 8/28/2014Delicious meat served on swords by attentive staff, with a good salad bar and decent drinks. Went there for a birthday party, was not disappointed. Would recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Birthday lunch for a friendMelCDined on 8/27/2014Very nice restaurant. Good food and excellent service. I went for birthday lunch. The restaurant prepare a dessert for my friend. It was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food was great and the service was wonderful! The salad bar was also notable with exceptional choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Mostly everything was perfect! The only thing that went south was that I orders an specific type of meat and it never came. The waiter said they would bring it shortly, and it didn't happen. Besides that, everything else was great! I would totally go back to this location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodMeatheadDined on 8/23/2014The service is great. Very friendly and attentive. Agora should consider a dress code. To many people go in shorts and flip flops. A bit of a turn off. At least a polo shirt and jeans should be required.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AjebaDined on 8/16/2014Perfect place to celebrate any occasion. Love this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDined on 8/14/2014Great place to eat. Fun with a big group, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevenDined on 8/8/2014First time there and was a great experience and there were so many choices of meat and great foods!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be.NogoraDined on 8/8/2014Really disappointed in the serving of the cooked meats, at few items came out at first (chicken, sausages, wrapped meats), then a long wait (10 minutes or so) before the better cuts of meat came out (skirt steak and sirlion), by then we had already paid the bill and most were full. Not worth bring a large party here.
- Omar and Carlos were fantasticAgoraVIPDined on 7/27/2014I eat at Agora about once a month. Esteban was on vacation for this trip, but Omar and the rest of the Gaucho crew took fantastic care of me. Carlos (server) made sure I had a full coke throughout the dinner. The bus staff also did an excellent job of keeping my water glass full and bringing me new plates. The skewered meats were delectable as always. The Pichana is my favoriate cut, but all the beef is wonderful (although, the kebabs are usually over-cooked for my taste). The salmon is also another favorite. Thanks again Agora staff for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We love the food but our waiter was busy taking care of large group and it was little irritating to wait for a while until we actually have him come to our table.Special Features:
- Great food and servicemarzdogVIPDined on 7/24/2014If you are a carnivore, this is your place! All meat, all the time. Great salad bar, exceptional service!Special Features:
- EKG1Dined on 7/22/2014Excellent food, impeccable and friendly service, and a lovely ambience make Agora one of Orange County's best finds. Since I attended a business lunch at Agora, I found the atmosphere perfect for that purpose, but can easily see that this restaurant would also offer an ideal setting for a romantic dinner, a great brunch, or dinner with a small group of friends. The wine list looked to be very high quality, as was everything about the dining experience. Our group fully enjoyed our meal at Agora and would gladly recommend it to other business lunchers and groups of friends as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDavidDined on 7/20/2014Not a typical churrascaria. Service is slow, drinks came out late, food is not served right away. I suppose the strategy is for everyone to feast on the buffet before serving the meats. Would highly recommend Fogo de Chão in Beverly Hills. Definitely not going back to Agora.Special Features: