1830 Main Street
Irvine, CA 92614Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.agoranow.com/
- Phone: 9492229910
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday Lunch 11:30am-2:00pm Dinner 5:00pm-10:00pm Saturday-Sunday Dinner 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Agora Churrascaria
Agora Churrascaria is a Brazilian Steak House in the "Rodizio" style, where waiters, dressed as Gauchos (local ranchers from the South), move from table to table carrying skewers of meat, from which they slice portions for their guests. Agora serves 12 different cuts of meat, including beef, pork, lamb and chicken. The restaurant prepares each cut as it has been for centuries: seasoned with rock salt to accent the individual tastes of each cut, and slow-roasted over an open flame. Upon being seated, every guest is given a green and red-sided circular chip to control their fixed price, continuous tableside service. The green side signals the Gaucho to "bring it on," while the red side stops the service. For additional servings, guests simply flip the indicator back to the green side. In addition to the succulent meat selections, Agora offers an outstanding hot and cold salad bar, comprised of Brazilian and seafood specialties as well as a variety of tempting side dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Agora Churrascaria reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)good for groups (72)fit for foodies (43)great for lunch (30)romantic (29)kid-friendly (20)neighborhood gem (17)great for brunch (16)hot spot (14)notable wine list (11)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Too expensive - Expect lessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014I took friends here even after reading reviews. Most negative reviews were all on point. I went here expecting too much. I thought they would have alot of meat selections. They had the norm, Chicken, pork sausage, skirt steak, Filet maignon, lamb, pork and i ordered chicken hearts (secret menu). Service is good, servers are nice but the quality of meat is not as expected. Friend ordered a spicy magarita and they brought spicy water, returned that and got an ok magarita and this time instead of salt it was sugar. OK we didn't bother to complain. Desert is extra, not included in buffet. They should have more variety, add BBQ, Fried,......just something to increase meat choices and use more fresh meat.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong here.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014I have probably eaten here about six times. The food is always amazing and it is a great treat for special occasions. Highly recommend for meat lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive Restauant, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Once in a while we are going to Agura Steakhouse, especially when we have a something to celebrate! We have never been on a Saturday before and we will never go on a Saturday again! The restaurant was overbooked and looked like a hall with hundreds of people! Once in a while you've got your neighbors chair in your back, because the tables were standing very close to each other! All the waiters were wet from sweat because they'd run around to try to bring all the meat to the tables! You've got 3 seconds to grap the meat, dirty plates and empty glases were in front of us for more than 30 minutes. All the waiters were stressed out and we had not a good service at all! Also, it was so freezing cold inside! There was no need to stay or drinkI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it use to be?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014I've been dining at Agora for Years. In the beginning everything was perfect. As of this visit it confirms what I thought about my last few visits. The quality of the meats has declined substantially. It use to be in the league of Fogo de chao or Texas de Brasil, it's not even close anymore. The prices have increased and the quality has decreased, not a good combination!
- Excellent steak houseFrogprinceDined on 8/30/2014Excellent steak house with great service, large salad bar, and all the steak, chicken, pork, and salmon you can eat. White table cloth. Good special occasion restaurant because of the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat ParadiseKuatDined on 8/28/2014Delicious meat served on swords by attentive staff, with a good salad bar and decent drinks. Went there for a birthday party, was not disappointed. Would recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Birthday lunch for a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Very nice restaurant. Good food and excellent service. I went for birthday lunch. The restaurant prepare a dessert for my friend. It was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The food was great and the service was wonderful! The salad bar was also notable with exceptional choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Mostly everything was perfect! The only thing that went south was that I orders an specific type of meat and it never came. The waiter said they would bring it shortly, and it didn't happen. Besides that, everything else was great! I would totally go back to this location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodMeatheadDined on 8/23/2014The service is great. Very friendly and attentive. Agora should consider a dress code. To many people go in shorts and flip flops. A bit of a turn off. At least a polo shirt and jeans should be required.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AjebaDined on 8/16/2014Perfect place to celebrate any occasion. Love this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDined on 8/14/2014Great place to eat. Fun with a big group, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevenDined on 8/8/2014First time there and was a great experience and there were so many choices of meat and great foods!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be.NogoraDined on 8/8/2014Really disappointed in the serving of the cooked meats, at few items came out at first (chicken, sausages, wrapped meats), then a long wait (10 minutes or so) before the better cuts of meat came out (skirt steak and sirlion), by then we had already paid the bill and most were full. Not worth bring a large party here.
- Omar and Carlos were fantasticAgoraDined on 7/27/2014I eat at Agora about once a month. Esteban was on vacation for this trip, but Omar and the rest of the Gaucho crew took fantastic care of me. Carlos (server) made sure I had a full coke throughout the dinner. The bus staff also did an excellent job of keeping my water glass full and bringing me new plates. The skewered meats were delectable as always. The Pichana is my favoriate cut, but all the beef is wonderful (although, the kebabs are usually over-cooked for my taste). The salmon is also another favorite. Thanks again Agora staff for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We love the food but our waiter was busy taking care of large group and it was little irritating to wait for a while until we actually have him come to our table.Special Features:
- Great food and servicemarzdogVIPDined on 7/24/2014If you are a carnivore, this is your place! All meat, all the time. Great salad bar, exceptional service!Special Features:
- EKG1Dined on 7/22/2014Excellent food, impeccable and friendly service, and a lovely ambience make Agora one of Orange County's best finds. Since I attended a business lunch at Agora, I found the atmosphere perfect for that purpose, but can easily see that this restaurant would also offer an ideal setting for a romantic dinner, a great brunch, or dinner with a small group of friends. The wine list looked to be very high quality, as was everything about the dining experience. Our group fully enjoyed our meal at Agora and would gladly recommend it to other business lunchers and groups of friends as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDavidDined on 7/20/2014Not a typical churrascaria. Service is slow, drinks came out late, food is not served right away. I suppose the strategy is for everyone to feast on the buffet before serving the meats. Would highly recommend Fogo de Chão in Beverly Hills. Definitely not going back to Agora.Special Features:
- Very good, but a bit overpricedKelbyDined on 7/19/2014The food and service were excellent. While the restaurant deserves to be a higher-priced restaurant, I felt the prices were about 15-20% higher than they should have been. I went with my wife and three kids, so an extra 15-20% adds up. It was a nice dinner, but the next time I take my family to a nice dinner, there are very nice restaurants in town that are just as nice but 15-20% cheaper. That's not a knock on the quality, though. My only nit with the food would be that, while they have many varieties of meats, it seemed only 5 of them ever made their way to our table. Those 5 were very good, but a little more variety at the table would have been nice. Service was spectacular.Special Features:
- good foodDASfoodieDined on 7/19/2014great quality. good food. fast service. very pricey.Special Features:
- dimnerfoodDined on 7/15/2014manager not friendly, he did not really acknowledge us arriving nor leaving. however food was great and staff was excellent at their jobs. fun place for foodies, was fun way to celebrate anniversary. bummer no free dessert.Special Features:
- Food good. Staff not so much.unwelcomingDined on 7/11/2014Food is good. Staff was not very friendly or focused on service. Starting with the hostess non-greeting and a rude manager who sat us with a stone face. When we asked to top sit closer to the buffet area, he pretty much said no to us. When you get sat in the back in this place, you don't get the same experience. Our check was $400 plus. For that type of check, we would expect some service and not like we're eating at a casual burger joint. Actually, they have friendlier people at most burger joints.Special Features:
- Variety of Meatskaito2013Dined on 7/11/2014Service was amazing and food was great. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great beefOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2014I took my husband for his birthday because he craved a meatfest. Very nice place EXCEPT they don't really honor their dress code so I was irritated that I had changed out of my nice jeans after I saw people come in wearing shorts dressed for Islands or Applebee's. All of the beef was so tender and delicious. The chicken was not so great so focus on the beef since you have to prioritize or else you'll leave full of what's not the most important part or most delicious bits! Plenty of sides and salad bar but don't fill up or you will not get your money's worth!Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationJuly4Dined on 7/3/2014My husband and son treated me to a birthday dinner at your restaurant.... Only issue is that the restaurant never even acknowledged it was my bthday. The reservation was placed on line where it asked if we were celebrating anything special. My bthday was on July 4th:(Special Features:
- Sunday Night SpecialSundaySurpriseDined on 6/29/2014We generally do not eat out on Sunday evenings -- But this was a special occasion -- The Agora was outstanding and very quite for as busy as they were -- Don't overlook them for a great eating venue --Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeitaDined on 6/27/2014Great place and amazing meat !!!!!! Be hungry as meat flying aroundSpecial Features:
- Food and serviceServiceDined on 6/27/2014The service was great always there when you need them no need to wait. The salad bar has alot of variety and everything taste good.Special Features:
- Always a treatBibimgirlDined on 6/26/2014I have been to Agora several times and it has been consistently good. If you are at any point craving meat- this is great option. For the price, I think it is a better value than some of the upscale steak houses. Great place to a big group.Special Features:
- Great foodCoot58Dined on 6/24/2014Tuesday nights dinner at Agora was great. The smoked salmon at the bar was really fishy but other than that, the good was perfect. The only negative thing I have to say was where they sat us. We had reservations at 6:30 and when we arrived, it was 1/4 full. They sat us in the front and had to deal with everyone walking by our table the whole night. There was plenty of tables in the middle. Kind of ruined a anneversiary dinner. That is minor and does not take away from the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner review, Friday, 20 2014yellowtrollDined on 6/20/2014I found the restaurant to be very good on all categories. The staff was attentive, but not over attentive, the food was very good, and there was a great variety to select. The restaurant was very clean, and the ambience very nice. Although salmon was offered, there was no other fish offered.Special Features:
- wonderfuliLuvfoodDined on 6/15/2014food was great and service is great. the kids had a lot of fun meat was stupendous and the salad bar was fresh. The one thing was i had to wait for my meat a lil too long but besides that B+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meat, rest is averageEpicureDined on 6/15/2014If you're looking for great meat, and a great variety of it, you won't be disappointed. It's cooked perfectly, and it's so good that you find yourself eating it by itself, without any of the side dishes from the buffet/salad bar. The latter is good, but not great. The table service is good and friendly, but the hostess has a bit of an attitude. The wine list features only California wines and as such, is totally overpriced. With wine and tip, the bill came to $75/person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of meat is not the bestBBQloverMVDined on 6/15/2014In general, all meat we tasted was not tender as we expected. It seemed that meat quality was not so good but they marinated meat to make it tender. Some parts are overlooked and dry. Salad bar and buffet choice was not so good either. Ambiance of restaurant is good, but it's not worth for what they charge. This was my 3rd time here and I was never impressed much, but boys seemed like it because they could eat as much as meat they wanted.Special Features:
- foodfunDined on 6/15/2014All I can say is amazing! This was our first visit and I plan to return. While the price does keep this from being an all the time place for my family, it is now the top of the list for special dinner spots! The food was excellent and ALL of the staff was friendly and fun to talk to.Special Features:
- FoodSteakLoverDined on 6/15/2014The steaks, and the lamb chop were great (we did eat anything with bacon or pork). The salad bar was excellent. The Argentine wine was perfect for our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL OCCASION/HOLIDAY SUPERSPOThawaiicoupleDined on 6/15/2014We were treated on Father's Day to this beautiful and outstanding all-you-can-eat Brazilian BBQ restaurant. The restaurant itself is a pleasure to view with high beam ceilings and massive river rock walls. The ambiance is that of a top restaurant in a 5 star hotel. After perusing the colorful salad and seafood bar which looks into the kitchen through a glass wall, you are seated and treated to the unending parade of fine cuts of BBQ meats, flank, skirt, top sirloin, roasts, beef, pork and chicken plus sausages, some wrapped with bacon, others like lamb rack enhanced with French herbs and Dijon mustard. Excellent service, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special eveninglmdmDined on 6/14/2014The food and service were excellent. We were celebrating my son's graduation and we had a wonderful time and felt well cared for. The atmosphere was relaxing and we were able to sample all the wonderful types of meat. The servers came back often enough that we were able to have seconds (and thirds) of our favorites. And our waitress checked with us to see if there were any we wanted to come back again. Water glasses were filled constantly, without being disruptive. Clean plates were brought when they were needed. I never felt rushed to leave (and there were people waiting for tables).Special Features:
- Poderia ser muito melhorMariaDined on 6/12/2014Para ser uma churrascaria brasileira falta muita coisa. Pouca variedade de carnes no almoço.Special Features: