Aged Bar & Grill - Upper West Side
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Aged Bar & Grill - Upper West Side
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://agedsteakhouse.singleplatform.com/today.php
- Phone: 2127120700
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thu ; 4pm - 11pm
Sat & Sun ; 11am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Aged Bar & Grill - Upper West Side
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aged Bar & Grill - Upper West Side reviews from OpenTable diners
- A quick callOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/24/2013They had to close for the day and did not notify anyone with a reservation. A simple phone call would have been nice. Or even a follow up call or email after the fact. Nothing. So you get one star.
- I took my hunny there forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2013I took my hunny there for the first time to celebrate his birthday. We enjoyed the food and the service. We will definitely come back. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its a nice restaurant butBMacDined on 3/16/2013Its a nice restaurant but not for a romantic dinner for two. Its too noisey for a romantic dinner. I did enjoy the jazz music that was playing and they have a full bar.Special Features:
- A good meal and serviceJeffBVIPDined on 3/2/2013We arrived at 5:30 and were given our choice of tables. The service ws excellent all evening although the place began to fill up by 7. My meat platter with a small filet, hangar steak, lamb, and grilled shrimp was plentiful and my wife's scallops were very good although there were only 3 large scallops. She loved the shaved brussell sprouts and avocado appetizer and I enjoyed the onion soup although it was a bit sweet. A jazz combo began playing a 6 and added to a very nice atmosphere on a Saturday night. I would definitely return when on the UWS. weSpecial Features:
- Don't yell with your mouth full!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/1/2013Too noisy and resonant. Lost my voice trying to talk to the person mext to me. People have to learn to respect diners' wish to have a decent conversation without having to yell!! I am nit opting for a dead atmosphere, but a buzz if energetic background noise is more than enough for a restaurant!Special Features:
- we enjoyed their steaks -JRineDined on 2/26/2013we enjoyed their steaks - the appetizers were also very good. service was good, but, it wasn't busy - so, that helped. also, the decor is very cool. we will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Uninspired. Portions wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/21/2013Uninspired. Portions were generous to be fair, but lacked in taste all across the board. I've eaten years ago at the big sister restaurant in Forest Hills, and enjoyed the meal. This location missed the mark. The bar also had a narrow selection. One positive note, the Hostess was very very helpful. She explained that the menus on the website are incorrect and that te actual menu isn't posted on open table. One needs to go the company website to see the current menu. If you want to check out the Upper West Side Aged, do it soon because it may not last.
- Terrible service, incrediblyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Terrible service, incredibly expensive, disappointing food. Avoid!
- reviews did not do this restaurantdebski22VIPDined on 1/31/2013reviews did not do this restaurant justice- we all LOVED everything we ate- I had the best oysters that I have had in the city (including the oyster bar!) my salmon was perfect- so were all steaks and other dishes- top notch!Special Features:
- We came in on Sunday whenCountessVIPDined on 1/27/2013We came in on Sunday when fairly quiet around 7 PM. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary which was posted on reservation through Open Table. We weren't expected anything but one would think plausible that it be acknowledged and small gesture be comped. We frequent the Post House, Cesca, Il Mulino, etc. And are very loyal customers. Service was good but the host or hostess should have checked in our foursome given the evening and our celebration. I will say the Scallops were marvelous as the Beet Salad and our guests Branzino.Special Features:
- Not a neighborhood gem.RichardDined on 1/20/2013This is a neighborhood restaurant which was good mind you, but the prices didn't match the service we received. For these kind of prices I would have preferred a more recognized name for steak which would of had us better served. Bread, no real choice just a loaf. Porterhouse was probaby 25-30 dollars too much for what they offered. Salmon dish and filet although good and well portioned didn't offer anything other side for this pricey neighborhood stop. There are better places for the money that certainly offer better service and give you better value.Special Features:
- pretty good all around forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/14/2013pretty good all around for food, courteous service, great beer...........will be backSpecial Features:
- reasonable priced for bigNycnanciVIPDined on 1/9/2013reasonable priced for big portions of delicious food and an inventive menu for a steakhouse.
- good meal, service wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012good meal, service wasn't fabulous but it was NYE and the waiter seemed new, so I won't hold that against them too much.Special Features:
- Good food, good service. AmnsgDined on 12/30/2012Good food, good service. A reliable place to eat. Their beef/steak dishes are quite good. I usually order wine here, their cocktail list doesn't include anything I am really tempted to try.Special Features:
- If you want a steak on theDuckFatVIPDined on 12/28/2012If you want a steak on the UWS, this is the place!
- Great atmosphere and decor.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2012Great atmosphere and decor. Not too pricey for a steakhouse.Special Features:
- Where Else to Spend a Birthday?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012What better place to take a significant other with a sense of humor for her birthday, than a restaurant called Aged. From the moment we sat down, the staff was eager to please. When he saw sitting alone waiting for my guest of honor, the maître d' came over to tell me that he had done his homework and noticed from Open Table that it was my girlfriend's birthday this evening. He offered to send over two glasses of Champagne, and had a bouquet of lilies waiting for Katherine when she arrived a few minutes later. Now that's claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass! If I would offer one criticism, it is that the busboys need to be instructed not to hover.Special Features:
- Food was great Service goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/20/2012Food was great Service good and the ambiance was very Nice!! We can 't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Food was quite good but HangersusanVIPDined on 12/7/2012Food was quite good but Hanger steak portion VERY small. Drinks over priced. Waitress excellent.Special Features:
- Totally Lo sly neighborhoodNYDinerVIPDined on 12/1/2012Totally Lo sly neighborhood restaurant. Comfortable ambience. Good enough wine. Unpretentious. Not inexpensive. All around pleasant experienceSpecial Features:
- Decent, but "B" graded.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2012Only been to the restaurant once. I had onion soup and chicken Caesar salad. My companion had steak and a stuffed potato. My food was good. He thought his steak was not served as ordered...he ordered medium rare and received a close to well-done steak. He was not impressed. Ambience is nice...sorta dark, kinda romantic. Tables and round booths. Bar in the front of the restaurant. I didn't notice upon entering but the health dept. score for this restaurant is a "B". I normally won't eat at "B" grade restaurants, but the sign was place very low on the glass on the side of the restaurant to the left of the front door. Unless you are approaching the restaurant from that corner, you will probably miss it.Special Features:
- Enjoyable and TastyTLDubbsDined on 11/16/2012The good was amazing, the service was quick and efficient. All the waitstaff was amazing. The food was spectacular. I will definitely go here again.Special Features:
- the food overall was good;OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/6/2012the food overall was good; the rib eye steak was very good the mac and cheese was one of the best I've had EXCEPT it was supposed to be "truffled" mac and cheese and it was completely void of truffle flavor no real ambiance; kind of cold and darkSpecial Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012The service was very good as well as the food. The steaks are really good. I took my boyfriend there for his birthday and he love it. It is a really good romantic spot.Special Features:
- Had two very well cooked steaks.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Had two very well cooked steaks. Very good flavor and char. The menu had several other things I wanted to try. My largest complaint is that you really pay a premium here. Very expensive for what you get. $100 for two people with no alcohol and we both left slightly hungry. The meal was delicious but the price was just a little too high.Special Features:
- Not a neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2012The waiter knew nothing about the wine list when asked for advice. The waiter also seemed to know little about the food, and answered one question with "it's pretty good". The restaurant has a "B" from the Health Dept. - why? We were given stale bread; we asked for fresh bread and were told our bread was fresh.
- MeatyocreBruceVIPDined on 10/18/2012The good news-lots of nice lighting. And now the bad, Very average. Got the Porterhouse, which was hardly 42oz. Gristle and lots of fat. Very heavy salt rub. Worst of the 4 steak houses we've tried in NYC. The waitress lost interest when we didn't order a more expensive wine or dessert. Never came back with bill or a thank you. We still tipped 18.5%
- good but over priced. It hasfineVIPDined on 10/14/2012good but over priced. It has letter of B. I found metal strip in my mashed potato. I am glad that I didn't swallow it! They made it up with free dessert.
- Dry xnd chewy steakOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2012The steak was terrible! Dry and chewy! Fir $40 I would expect to have a decent steak. It was the worst steak ever' will never visit the place again!Special Features:
- Unpretentious neighborhood pleasantNYDinerVIPDined on 10/6/2012For inexplicable reasons, this restaurant is often reviewed badly. It's fine. The food was good, the service was lovely, the restaurant is comfortable. It's a very nice place. We had wonderful onion soup, a fine salad, a decent steak and good gnocci. Great sundae for desert. Good bottle of wine. Because its not a hit spot, we ate on Saturday night comfortably as opposed to being rushed because it was crowded. Recommend if you're not in the mood to be "dazzled," and just want a decent dining experience in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Recommend, but a "B" ratingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/5/2012Server was attentive. Loved the char grilled octopus app! Steak cooked perfectly. Expected a larger pour for a $12 scotch. My second time there and they still had a "B" rating, which gave me pause, but had a good experience. I think Open Table should include a restaurants rating.Special Features:
- You had to ask for bread,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/26/2012You had to ask for bread, prices are on the high side food better than averageSpecial Features:
- Maybe it was because it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/24/2012Maybe it was because it was a Monday night, but the place was a ghost town and their second floor was dark. The food was fine - nothing special - and certainly not worthy of a top 25 NYC steakhouse consideration. Service was pleasant, but bumpy (forgotten items, slow with the check, etc.) Overall, I'd drop in if I happen to be in the neighboorhood, but would not make a special trip.
- tasteless expensive foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2012The dry aged NY strip was too cooked (ordered medium rare, got medium, my friend asked for black&blue and got something close to medium rare), not juicy at all and rather bland. Quite under our expectations. We took half dozen oysters to share for appetizer, we didn't regret not taking the dozen. It was an overall tasteless dinner and outrageously expensive for the food quality. Service and wine were good. Very disappointing.
- Not worth the money.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/7/2012AC doesnt work and apparently has been out all summer, smallest glasses of wine ever.
- Attentive staff, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Attentive staff, good food, located on the corner, easy to find, the only draw back was the air conditioning was broken but the had plenty of fans to keep us coolSpecial Features:
- THOMASMETGUARDVIPDined on 9/6/2012I JUDGE ALL STEAKHOUSE BY THEIR PORTERHOUSE BUT THIS PLACE DIDN'T HAVE ONE ON THE MENU. I ORDERED THE RIBEYE MED RARE INSTEAD. IT WAS JUST OK, NOT GREAT AT ALL.
- We really liked the steaks,DuckFatVIPDined on 9/1/2012We really liked the steaks, but the accomodating service and friendly staff really made the experience great.Special Features:
- Good Steak House - O.K. PricesIrishfe53VIPDined on 8/21/2012Enjoyed a late warm summer night dinner at this Broadway Restaurant about 88th St. At suggestion of waiter had an excellent porterhouse steak for two for $70 which actually served three. Good wine by the glass. Have eaten here several times and each time we have left feeling we had a good dinner with acceptable steak house prices. About half the price of Porter House in the Time Warner Building. Children welcome earlier in the day.Special Features: