Agaves Kitchen and Tequilla
200 Pine Avenue, Ste A
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Agaves Kitchen and Tequilla
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.agavesbar.com/
- Phone: 5624357700
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thursday 4.30pm - 11.00pm
Friday - Saturday 4.30pm - 2.00am
Sunday - 3.00pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: As per request
- Private Party Facilities: Agaves, a beautiful, modern Tequila Bar and Mexican Restaurant, provides an upscale yet casual dining experience. Agaves serves traditional Mexican food with a modern twist along with an extensive hand crafted specialty drinks menu, featuring 100 types of Tequila and Mezcal.
- Private Party Contact: Miguel. A. Baeza 5625064500
- Entertainment: Live bands, special guests dj's weekly
- Special Events: Coming soon, weekly events Fridays and Saturdays with entertainment and special promotions currently offered
A word from Agaves Kitchen and Tequilla
Agaves, kitchen | tequila serves Modern Mexican Cuisine, Mexico's culinary Icons with a modern twist. 100 tequilas + and great margaritas and bar mixology, happy hour all week, private events and take out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Agaves Kitchen and Tequilla - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Agaves Kitchen and Tequilla reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (5)special occasion (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- EXCELLENT AS ALWAYSBenjaminDined on 10/20/2014WE HAVE GONE AT LEAST 5 TIMES AND IT HAS BEEN EXCELLENT FOOD ALWAYS...BROUGHT FRIENDS, AND THEY WERE IMPRESSED. PARKING CAN BE AN ISSUE AT TIMES...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/4/2014The food was just OK, and the service was glacially slow. The only saving grace is that they do make very good margaritas. The restaurant becomes a club later in the evening and was jam-packed.
- Service UnEvenTimoVIPDined on 10/3/2014Service was not as usual this night and it was not busy - they had no chips - no salsa and food took extremly long from the kitchen. was not the ususal experience which is very good! something was going on in the kitchen!Special Features:
- Awesome food!MonaDined on 9/18/2014The food was delicious and the drinks were great! Karl was a great server and we enjoyed his suggestions. Great service from him.Special Features:
- Fantastic MenuMozsterDined on 8/30/2014This place was better than I expected. The seafood mix was outstanding. My wife had the chicken mole and was absolutely blown away by the flavor. I had the seafood chili relleno and loved every bite. The drinks were awesome as well.Special Features:
- Agaves Kitchen and TequilaAlexDined on 8/30/2014Went with a group of friends, food was delicious and the margaritas were delicious especially the spicy mango margarita. Definitely recommend it to go with friends or family to eat or for dancing on weekend nights.Special Features:
- GoodnaniDined on 8/22/2014Food and drinks are good. The bad part I got what I didn't order, but they changed it right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican Food in So. Cal.NotAShillDined on 8/16/2014This is my third time there and I have decided this place probably has the best Mexican food in all of Southern California. I would compare it to the quality of Javier's or even Las Brisas, but the prices are not as high.Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulous!LuvToEatDined on 7/22/2014Tried Agaves during restaurant week Dine in LA. Everything was amazing! They have a variety of about 130 tequilas. Food was amazing! Service was great, Sal & Micheal were awesome! Loved the decor. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The long wait was worth it....Love2DineDined on 7/20/2014We booked on Open Table and made reservations at 3:00pm. we showed up on time and guess what? I was told by one worker, " we don't open till 4pm" I was very disappointed, on how such an over sight was not noticed on open table. The server was very friendly....We paced the order and after the first bite, I was sold....Wow! The taste was very good for Mexican food. I did not have any negative comment on every dish I got...Every thing was just wonderful...After a bit the Manager came to our table and did his "service recovery" after a few minutes he came back with a "Free" Mango Margarita, which was out of this world, excellent! I would most definitely recommend this place, basically everything on the menu is very good..Special Features:
- First timeblucrooDined on 7/19/2014this was our first time here. We enjoyed the patio seating and the people watching! Food was tasty, though for a Tequila Kitchen I would have liked at least a few choices for a blended margarita. There was only one on the menu. All the other choices were on-the-rocks. The food was tasty but a bit cold by time it got to us. Nice mole. Ceviche was a bit bland. A little more heat!Special Features:
- Dine L.A. experiencelongbeachfoodieDined on 7/18/2014Decided to try out Agave for their dine LA menu and it was outstanding. The food was delicious but we especially enjoyed the spicy mango margaritas! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Staff was very friendly. The cocktail drinks were delicious...Special Features:
- The following 67 reviews are from the Agaves Kitchen and Tequilla reviews archive.
- Nice decor, poor customer serviceDedeluckeDined on 6/29/2014Customer service was very slow on a slow afternoon. Waited about 15 min, before deciding to leave. Bartender ignored me never said a word. I walked out, suddenly this guy runs after me and asks where I want to sit. Sat out in the patio no apologies, took another while to bring water, the entire experience was just slow, and server just seemed like he didn't like his job & didn't want to be there. Food was ok. Decor was nice. Would not go again, but maybe they just had a bad day.
- Agaves WOWS! Mexico's GastronomyJoyDeVivreDined on 6/18/2014Its cuisine and its drinks are as its décor ART! Although Agaves has a nightclub after 10:30 pm my review is about the absolutely MAGNIFICENT restaurant! In trendy Downtown Long Beach, it is close to the water front, promenade and Arts Center. Agaves is NOT a chips and salsa Mexican restaurant. It is Mexican Gastronomy and fine cuisine. Its head Chef is Abel Hernandez Lopez world renowned delegate of Mexican Gastronomy. Its acting Chef is Veronica Lopez and she is marvelous! Their drinks such as the Basil, Prickly Pear Margarita and dishes are truly Mexican Fine Cuisine, and the meals are priced incredibly conservative. The Nopalito Salad left me speechless. Their creative take on all dishes wowed us! The home made deserts exquisite. BravoSpecial Features:
- bad food too expensivedogfoodDined on 6/15/2014Sorry to say listen to the bad reviews they are right. servicr is all its got going for it. Food is very bland The steak was bland, burnt beans, and enough veggies To chock a horse. Not worth the 22 bucks they charge. I will never go back. Dont listen to the reviews that Are good i think they are fake. If you want good tasty Food go next door to the Argentinian spot right next door. Same pricing 10 times better food.
- Great food. Horrible service.FoodieDined on 6/8/2014Two servers with 20+ ppl waiting is unacceptable. There should be at least 5 servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaxsamDined on 6/6/2014Loved the decor and the interesting cocktails. But the food (carne asada and fish) was over cooked.
- Great service, not so great food.KluvsfoodDined on 5/31/2014I'm giving three stars because the service was top notch. The server was very attentive and checked on us multiple times. Unfortunately, I thought the food could have been better. I've had better food at cheaper mexican restaurants. We ordered Chicken Tortilla soup and Chicken Mexican Fajitas. I will say that the chunks of avocado in the soup really made it, but the actual flavor of the soup just tasted off. My date said that the chicken was very bland and we both thought the frijoles could have been better. The upsides are that they have great customer service and the decor and ambiance is great. The lighting and the tequila bottle displays really added to the atmosphere.
- wonderful food but a bit priceySammieDDined on 5/31/2014The food was spectacular! Best mole ive had. Taquitos were super delicious. However, how much we paid for such small plates, for us, isnt worth it. We would have had to get 3 plates to get full, and at $18-40 a plate,.thats way too much money. They were like appetizer plates/small plates. If you have the money, and want a super awesome snack, this is your place. Theres also a lot of parking structures right next to the place, so that was easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Agape Agaves!RondoffosDined on 5/25/2014The restaurant decor is modern, beautiful and upscale with a giant mural depicting the day of the dead. Great ambiance, from the host to the wait staff, all were pleasant and attentive. Celebrating our anniversary, we ordered one of everything off the happy hour menu along with a pitcher of the agave margaritas. They did not spare the tequila in those margaritas...it was definitely a healthy pour! All the food was fantastic. The ceviche was fresh and tasty, probably my favorite...the carne asada nachos were mouthwatering and the cauliflower dish was earthy and unique, we couldn't get enough of it! They claim to have over 100 tequilas...I might have to keep going back until I can try all of them! I know I won't be disappointed by the food!Special Features:
- Mexican with a twistSurgeDined on 5/15/2014Good mexican food, but definitely not the custom authentic Mexican food you are used to. The restaurant definitely had a great vibe to it. Had the fajitas chicken and shrimp, along with the Mar and Tierra Tablitas, everyone in my group though it was delicious, except for the steak meat was over done. The Margaritas were delicious, would definitely recommend this, only complaint is the Service was a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceDonteathereDined on 5/14/2014I purchased a living social deal. Worst mistake ever. The service was poor. We could not purchase a separate drink at the bar because we had a living social. The waiter sucked. I would not return.
- quality of food for the pricechumajjDined on 5/11/2014very expensive for the quality of food and the booster tables are not the bestSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014The manager was not very friendly! But the staff was great ! Mother's Day brunch included "live entertainment " which never showed up. Per manager they where in a "crash".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great but food is not.MichaelDined on 5/10/2014Great service and the waitress was very pleasant and she definitely knew the menu. The food was not good at all and the presentation on the plates was sloppy. The food was not flavorful and most of it was bland. I understand that this is not a typical Mexican restaurant but for the prices the food could have been more tasty. Nice to sit outside but I wouldn't go back.
- Lots of flavor!!HBSHELLDined on 5/9/2014We went for dinner and the food was delicious! Very flavorful and the service was also great! The cucumber watermelon infused tequila was very refreshing and tasty. Would defiantly recommend for date night and also girls night. Awesome atmosphere :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best meal of 2014JackDined on 4/26/2014Not your typical Mexican restaurant. Something you might find in trendy Los Angeles.Special Features:
- Lacks service, BUT tequila is...Shades721Dined on 4/17/2014Had reservation for 8:15p, I arrived at 8:05p and was not helped for several minutes. "Mind you, the servers and bartender seen us walk in." My party decided to sit ourselves...we waiting another 5 minutes so we decided to go to the bar instead. We stood there while the bartender was talking. Finally we were helped- we ordered our drinks then a server approached us to tell us that he will bring our drinks to our table. The food we order was ehhh... However, the tequila had to be the best part of the night. Although I am not a tequila drinker, I highly suggest their Cucumber & Watermelon Tequila and Hibiscous Tequila. I wouldn't go back due to horrible service.Special Features:
- Generally a good placeRaroDined on 4/12/2014Ate here with a group during the. Grand Prix of long beach,. Music was a little too loud, especially considering it was only 7 o'clock and there's no dance floor. Food was very good and nicely presented. Service was a bit slow, and some of the buss boys were overly keen on cleaning up the table, I guess it was because of the Grand Prix being in town since there's a lot of people coming and going and generally very busy. All In all a place I would come back too.Special Features:
- Worth the WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/3/2014We went for Eat LBC - Restaurant Week Long Beach, and thought the food was worth the wait, however, it was excessively slow. This restaurant would be greatly improved if they could work on better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Mexican Fare in the LBCRobinHoodsGirlDined on 4/1/2014Agaves has a hip, modern vibe, and is located on Pine Avenue, the LBC's downtown Restaurant Row. The prix fixe menu, offered for Eat LBC week, was a great way to go. The menu included suggested tequila flights to pair with each of the three courses, which enhanced our experience. For starters, we tried both the Agaves salad and the Ceviche de Mariscos (both fresh and delicious). We sampled each of the three Eat LBC entrees with the favorite being the super-fresh and delicious Marisco Chile Relleno. Our server was lovely and helped guide a few of our choices. The only disappointment was the churro served for dessert. It took *forever* to be served and was nothing special. Otherwise a 5-star experience. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible customer servicejb2015Dined on 3/29/2014Made reservations late afternoon. Arrived on time only to be told we had to wait 5-10 min for a table. I asked if there was an area we can sit while a table opens up. Was told we could sit at the bar (no luck) or at an open bar type table and order a drink while we wait. We selected the bar type table. 15 min later still sitting and no one has asked us for our drink order. Realized table had been open. I then see a couple come in and they were seated. I asked the hostess why were we passed up on the table. She commented she wasnt aware we had been waiting for a table.. really???. Bad service all night. 1st quest was whether or not we had a groupon, not even what do we want to drink. Overpriced. Wont be returning.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceloebtmcDined on 3/23/2014Took my (very senior) auntie to Agaves after the theater, not sure what we were getting into, because it seemed a bit pricey and date/youth-oriented for her. We ordered off the happy hour menu so we could sample. The food was very nice - some things better than others, but definitely several items hit out of the park. The guacamole is a standout. I loved the empanadas, my aunt loved the grilled cauliflower, we both devoured the "el gringo" soft tacos which are filled with flavor, and we shared good nachos (could use a little more cheese) and taquitos (beautifully plated too). But most of all, the young staff treated my aunt like a queen, made her feel like their special guest and made sure she was happy. I will go back for that alone.Special Features:
- a rising starsittingbytheriverDined on 3/22/2014Agave's has great potential------altho currently the service is very slow, the drink quality is uneven, and the hostess seemed unaware of the fact we made reservations (this happened 3 times in a row). Just iron out those kinks , and this little gem is gonna shine like a star. The food is unique and original and interesting---don't miss the desserts! We love the "Day of the Dead" decor in the bar area---edgy yet sublime. Give this place a try, but be patient, they are still developing their rhythm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeMermaidDined on 2/22/2014Great Brussels sprout appetizer! Really good, and different, Latin menu. Lots of really good tequilas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a managerWantedBetterDined on 2/21/2014Delicious food and some really friendly and knowledgeable waitstaff ruined by the lack of leadership or something. From the waiter standing in the street smoking a cigarette while wearing his uniform to a 30 minute wait for melted ice cream and blistering hot churro that obviously sat in the window too long (is there an expediter?) or the incessant thump thump music coming over cheap speakers so all we hear is the annoying parts of the music to lack of quality control over the food this restaurant could be really good for The LBC but some corporate decisions are missing the idea that a restaurant is about the experience and is greater than the sum of it's parts.Special Features:
- MmmmmLindaLuVIPDined on 2/16/2014I enjoy their food tremendously. But, I do appreciate using a coupon: prices are mod-high
- not a mid week spotmoniDined on 2/5/2014went on a Wednesday night and while the 6 seats at bar were all taken the restaurant was vacant at 7 p.m., not even a host nor waitress.. about 8ish all 4 tables around us got filled, but with only 1 waitress service was not what we expected. The food was delicious and the drinks amazing. Heard this place is great on weekends, think we'll come back & try thenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great get togetherBrunchersDined on 6/8/2013A group of 5 went on Saturday evening. We ended up ordering almost all of the appetizers, a salad and 3 desserts. The food was great. The drinks were wonderful. The desserts were super. Our waiter, Valentine, was perfect. It was a great outing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.