Agave Restaurant at Desert Diamond Casino
1100 West Pima Mine Road
Sahuarita, AZ 85629Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Agave Restaurant at Desert Diamond Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ddcaz.com/index.php/sahuarita/dining-nightlife/agave
- Phone: 5203422328x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Hours: 11AM-2PM
Dinner Hours: 4PM-9PM (Friday and Saturday open until 10PM)
Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Prime Rib, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Pascual Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Sports Bar-Dancing to D.J. or Live Music Fridays and Saturdays. Diamond Center-live entertainment/concerts. (www.ddcaz.com for information)
A word from Agave Restaurant at Desert Diamond Casino
Agave Restaurant features Beef, Seafood, Pasta and Specialty dishes using the freshest ingredients, cooked to order. Dine in our casual atmosphere or go “al fresco” and enjoy the spectacular Arizona sunset in our courtyard facing patio.Continued
Agave Restaurant is located at our Sahuarita location.
Agave Restaurant is located at our Sahuarita location.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Agave Restaurant at Desert Diamond Casino - Best Restaurants in Sahuarita ›
Agave Restaurant at Desert Diamond Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)good for groups (32)great for lunch (29)neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (19)romantic (14)scenic view (9)late-night find (6)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)Show More
- Was expecting moreDBfromGreenValleyDined on 9/27/2014The drinks were good and average price. We waited an hour for our food and that was disappointing. I had the crab stuffed shrimp and didn't see or taste any crab. I might try this place again and give them a second chance but overall it wasn't worth what we paid. Our waitress didn't have it together. Plus they made us late for a concert next door because the food took too long.Special Features:
- Under staffed212LadyDined on 9/27/2014This can be a good restaurant however why they did not have the outdoor open and were understaffed when it was a concert night is hard to understand. Our waitress did her best, but the appetizers were cold (cold calamari is never good) and dinner took WAY tooo long. The positive review on service is particularly for Shawna (?) our waitrss as she really tried but was stymied by the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 hour wait - no main courseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014My wife and I chose Agave for dinner prior to catching a show at the Desert Diamond - a 30 second walk across the plaza. The show began at 8 PM and our reservation for dinner was for 7 PM which was the earliest available. We were seated at 7:05 and served wine, bread and salad within a reasonable 10 minutes. We told the waitress we needed to make the show at 8 and she understood because most people were at Agave prior to the show. At 7:55 still no main course and the couple who came in 10 minutes after us were being served. We paid for the wine and salad and left. The concert was great! (Natalie Cole)
- Agave RestaurantAgaveReviewDined on 9/27/2014The ambiance was cafeteria like. Very noisy. Dinner rolls were unappetizing....struck me as store bought. The calamari was chewy. The main course "mediterranean seafood" was fairly good. Service was good. Convenient for a quick meal prior to a concert but not someplace I would go out of my way for dinner.Special Features:
- Very AccommodatingPhillygirlDined on 9/25/2014I must be on a yeast-free/gout diet and they were extremely accommodating. The dinner the chef made was awesome.Special Features:
- The experienceBobbyDined on 9/21/2014We always enjoy eating at Agave and believe that it represents great value (a subject not addressed by your survey, but should be)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time customernoneDined on 9/19/2014We've continued to be customers, though concerned about what seems to be a significant increase in historical prices. Staff is always well trained, courteous and quite good. Interested that the restaurant at this time of year holds down its wait staff levels making meeting our preferred time for eating impossible to reserve...though Agave was at best 1/4 of capacity inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Our meals were delicious, great value and super service too. Thank you.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDinnerDined on 9/12/2014As usual the DDC Agave was comfortable with overall ambiance, hostess staff greeted us with a smile, promptly to our table; menu selection is good, and presentation of the appetizers was wonderful; great special (2 for $30) with filet mignon, a bit tough, but good; demi glaze reduction a bit on the salty side; fresh vege's included steamed beets, turnips and brocollini, all VERY delicious, great value, location and eveningSpecial Features:
- Luv2dineoftenDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant is very nice and the food was good. The staff could show that they care that customers are there a little more. Seemed to be concerned that it was getting close to 2pm and closing time. But we will return thank you.Special Features:
- WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I believe the waitress name was Ana. She took our dinner order, never saw her again. I had to ask two different employees to please have Ana bring the bill to our table. Eventually, after a 10-15 minute wait, another waitress brought us the bill and stated that something had happened to our bill on the computer(?). Maybe just an excuse for Ana's lack of quality customer service. Other than the lack of quality waitress service, everything else was very good. Hope to return some day. thanks....gilbertSpecial Features:
- Were Back!suzyzoo74Dined on 9/6/2014We returned back to the Agave Restaurant due to the great fine dining experience, the food is always good and the staff and the atmosphere is Great!. You offer specials but you also offer them on concert night so many more people would take advantage of it a nice dinner before the show make it a package why don't you then. I will be back and check out the new and great specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Good service. OK ambience. I would go back very convient when attending a show on site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it gets...CopyfoxDined on 8/23/2014The Agave never fails to please and make you want to come back. Shauna was our server and proved, once again, what a tremendous asset she is to the enterprise. All, in all, a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a slow that nightbats057Dined on 8/23/2014Service was a little slow that night, we had to ask where our drinks were. It was not busy at that time. It would have been nice to have some wine with the appetizers. But the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Great service, great food....With the exception of the bread. Fresh bread with a tasty hard crust and warmed would have made it perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Agave menu problemsddinerDined on 8/9/2014Very disappointed that when we got there found that the regular menu was not available because there was a concert in nearby auditorium. We had looked at the online menu and decided to go because my companion liked the seafood menu. No such luck. When seated we were handed a single page menu and told that was all that was available because they were too busy because of the nearby concert. This was never stated when making the reservation or on their website. Decided to stay because it was too late to go anywhere else. The food available was fine but check their concert schedule before you go. They never looked that busy and I saw very few patrons that looked like they were headed to a Pink Floyd concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The server was freindly & helpful. Our meal took a very long time to be served which gave us concern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyEsmeraldaDined on 7/26/2014We arrived earlier than our reservation time and were seating quickly. My husband and I both ordered the filet mignon and it was fabulous! We finished our meal with a slice of cheesecake to celebrate our anniversary. We will be coming back soon!Special Features:
- The Best Filet!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014A group of six met at the Agave for my husband's birthday. Most of us had the filet - best anywhere! Excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Thank You!!NootsDined on 7/26/2014We had a party of 10 people celebrating a 60th birthday and had a wonderful dinner! Britney was our server and she did an OUTSTANDING job. I stopped at the restaurant the day before to ask about the seating and Britney recommended the area were it would be a bit more private. I also dropped off some "60th" decorations and they had everything ready when we arrived. THANK YOU - BRITNEY!! Some of our friends had never eaten at the Agave Restaurant and said they would definitely be back. Great menu selections and all priced well. Great food presentations and very good portions. No one went away hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- agaveemmyanddrewDined on 7/18/2014The food was great and the service was very good. We were able to have an enjoyable romantic meal before catching a concert at the Diamond Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Good food, but pricey. Server was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs down this time!SophieDined on 7/10/2014We have eaten here many times, particularly enjoying their summer specials. These specials have gone down in quality each year. While I understand prices have gone up, they have reduced what they offer; first dropping the glass of wine, next year the salad. Now it's an entree & dessert. And the price was $29/pp....not much of a bargain. We even had to keep our fork between salad and entree. Not a sign of a first class restaurant. Won't be going back; at least Not until we hear of an improvement. Really a disappointment!Special Features:
- On the right nightFrederickCharlesDined on 7/9/2014It can be romantic when it's not terribly busy. Particularly during the summer weeknights it's a very nice restaurant for romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Lots of choices on the menu.D48JDined on 7/6/2014We always go to the Agave on special occasions, i.e. birthdays or anniversaries and the experience has never been disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just all rightdaveDined on 7/5/2014We have gone there for years. This was not the best experience we had there. The food was okay but expensive for what you got. The service seemed slow.Special Features:
- Overpriced & super small portionseatoutDined on 7/4/2014We have eaten at this restaurant before; the food was excellent, good portions.This time the server kept asking if we would like more bread, we finally found out why.The price was over 25.oo for the entrée. 1st-2 tiny carrots, 2 small shrimp, 2 small mussels, 3 tiny bay scallops, half lobster tail smaller than my little finger and 2 little stalks of broccoli with no heads, just stems.2nd-4 tiny shrimp with a 1/4 slice of very thin bacon, a small scoop of mashed potatoes & a smaller scoop of sweet mashed. We asked for manager who told us "we charge what the food cost" She was so rude and sarcastic, we will never set foot in Agave again.Special Features:
- Delicious!SunshinegirlDined on 7/3/2014The portions are generous so bring a doggie bag....and a cooler. My favorite is the Louisiana Cajun pasta.Special Features:
- Good Food And Drinksluv2dineDined on 7/3/2014We had the Cedar Planked Salmon and Agave Margaritas. It was great. We will be returning for another special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningRECannonDined on 7/3/2014A well kept secret. Great place to have dinner with a very good wine list. We eat there at least once a month and always receive great service and food.Special Features:
- Good FoodPumpkinDined on 7/3/2014Six of us had a very good experience when we ate lunch there. The food was very good. The dining room is attractive and quiet.Special Features:
- food underwhelmingtucsondinerDined on 7/2/2014This was said to be the best of the town, however I had scallops that were the consistency of a rubber ball and beef wellington that was cooked well done.Special Features:
- Great specialsTOMADined on 6/25/2014We had the 2 for $30 dinner and it was excellent. Our server was great and the food presentation is as good as any I have seen. Great value and excellent food. We have never been disappointed with this restaurant.Special Features:
- A Good ChoicewhatzupDined on 6/25/2014The Chef does an excellent job on taste and presentation. Their "specials" are well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxinggoing2dineDined on 6/22/2014Wonderful meal, wonderful and friendly service, and wonderful ambience. The meal and over all experience was very relaxing. The waitress did not rush us, and with our coffee she just let us sit before the bill came. Most places diners are rushed , they bring the bill so the hint is 'it's time to go'. We enjoyed our evening out, as for us it was a nice getaway.Special Features:
- bats057Dined on 6/21/2014H, we had great service and the food was fantastic. We will be back!Special Features:
- SophieSophieDined on 6/20/2014Food. Was not as good as usual. The prime rib was just so-so, and the salmon stuffed scallops was not as filling or tasty as before.Special Features:
- coyoteDined on 6/18/2014Food presentation was exquisite, no noise distraction. Food looked fresh and crisp, which explains why the taste far exceeded my expectation. The price for the meals are more than fair compared to the overall product. We will be going back again, and we will be recommending The Agave to fanily and friends. It is now our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceRobertDined on 6/14/2014The waitress was courteous and very attentive to our requirements. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.