Agave Restaurant at Desert Diamond Casino
1100 West Pima Mine Road
Sahuarita, AZ 85629Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Agave Restaurant at Desert Diamond Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ddcaz.com/index.php/sahuarita/dining-nightlife/agave
- Phone: 5203422328x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Hours: 11AM-2PM
Dinner Hours: 4PM-9PM (Friday and Saturday open until 10PM)
Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Prime Rib, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Pascual Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Sports Bar-Dancing to D.J. or Live Music Fridays and Saturdays. Diamond Center-live entertainment/concerts. (www.ddcaz.com for information)
A word from Agave Restaurant at Desert Diamond Casino
Agave Restaurant features Beef, Seafood, Pasta and Specialty dishes using the freshest ingredients, cooked to order. Dine in our casual atmosphere or go “al fresco” and enjoy the spectacular Arizona sunset in our courtyard facing patio.Continued
Agave Restaurant is located at our Sahuarita location.
Agave Restaurant is located at our Sahuarita location.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Agave Restaurant at Desert Diamond Casino - Best Restaurants in Sahuarita ›
Agave Restaurant at Desert Diamond Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)good for groups (35)great for lunch (34)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (18)romantic (18)scenic view (10)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (1)Show More
- A good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Good service. OK ambience. I would go back very convient when attending a show on site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it gets...CopyfoxDined on 8/23/2014The Agave never fails to please and make you want to come back. Shauna was our server and proved, once again, what a tremendous asset she is to the enterprise. All, in all, a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a slow that nightbats057Dined on 8/23/2014Service was a little slow that night, we had to ask where our drinks were. It was not busy at that time. It would have been nice to have some wine with the appetizers. But the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Great service, great food....With the exception of the bread. Fresh bread with a tasty hard crust and warmed would have made it perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Agave menu problemsddinerDined on 8/9/2014Very disappointed that when we got there found that the regular menu was not available because there was a concert in nearby auditorium. We had looked at the online menu and decided to go because my companion liked the seafood menu. No such luck. When seated we were handed a single page menu and told that was all that was available because they were too busy because of the nearby concert. This was never stated when making the reservation or on their website. Decided to stay because it was too late to go anywhere else. The food available was fine but check their concert schedule before you go. They never looked that busy and I saw very few patrons that looked like they were headed to a Pink Floyd concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The server was freindly & helpful. Our meal took a very long time to be served which gave us concern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyEsmeraldaDined on 7/26/2014We arrived earlier than our reservation time and were seating quickly. My husband and I both ordered the filet mignon and it was fabulous! We finished our meal with a slice of cheesecake to celebrate our anniversary. We will be coming back soon!Special Features:
- The Best Filet!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014A group of six met at the Agave for my husband's birthday. Most of us had the filet - best anywhere! Excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Thank You!!NootsDined on 7/26/2014We had a party of 10 people celebrating a 60th birthday and had a wonderful dinner! Britney was our server and she did an OUTSTANDING job. I stopped at the restaurant the day before to ask about the seating and Britney recommended the area were it would be a bit more private. I also dropped off some "60th" decorations and they had everything ready when we arrived. THANK YOU - BRITNEY!! Some of our friends had never eaten at the Agave Restaurant and said they would definitely be back. Great menu selections and all priced well. Great food presentations and very good portions. No one went away hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- agaveemmyanddrewDined on 7/18/2014The food was great and the service was very good. We were able to have an enjoyable romantic meal before catching a concert at the Diamond Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Good food, but pricey. Server was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs down this time!SophieDined on 7/10/2014We have eaten here many times, particularly enjoying their summer specials. These specials have gone down in quality each year. While I understand prices have gone up, they have reduced what they offer; first dropping the glass of wine, next year the salad. Now it's an entree & dessert. And the price was $29/pp....not much of a bargain. We even had to keep our fork between salad and entree. Not a sign of a first class restaurant. Won't be going back; at least Not until we hear of an improvement. Really a disappointment!Special Features:
- On the right nightFrederickCharlesDined on 7/9/2014It can be romantic when it's not terribly busy. Particularly during the summer weeknights it's a very nice restaurant for romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Lots of choices on the menu.D48JDined on 7/6/2014We always go to the Agave on special occasions, i.e. birthdays or anniversaries and the experience has never been disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just all rightdaveDined on 7/5/2014We have gone there for years. This was not the best experience we had there. The food was okay but expensive for what you got. The service seemed slow.Special Features:
- Overpriced & super small portionseatoutDined on 7/4/2014We have eaten at this restaurant before; the food was excellent, good portions.This time the server kept asking if we would like more bread, we finally found out why.The price was over 25.oo for the entrée. 1st-2 tiny carrots, 2 small shrimp, 2 small mussels, 3 tiny bay scallops, half lobster tail smaller than my little finger and 2 little stalks of broccoli with no heads, just stems.2nd-4 tiny shrimp with a 1/4 slice of very thin bacon, a small scoop of mashed potatoes & a smaller scoop of sweet mashed. We asked for manager who told us "we charge what the food cost" She was so rude and sarcastic, we will never set foot in Agave again.Special Features:
- Delicious!SunshinegirlDined on 7/3/2014The portions are generous so bring a doggie bag....and a cooler. My favorite is the Louisiana Cajun pasta.Special Features:
- Good Food And Drinksluv2dineDined on 7/3/2014We had the Cedar Planked Salmon and Agave Margaritas. It was great. We will be returning for another special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningRECannonDined on 7/3/2014A well kept secret. Great place to have dinner with a very good wine list. We eat there at least once a month and always receive great service and food.Special Features:
- Good FoodPumpkinDined on 7/3/2014Six of us had a very good experience when we ate lunch there. The food was very good. The dining room is attractive and quiet.Special Features:
- food underwhelmingtucsondinerDined on 7/2/2014This was said to be the best of the town, however I had scallops that were the consistency of a rubber ball and beef wellington that was cooked well done.Special Features:
- Great specialsTOMADined on 6/25/2014We had the 2 for $30 dinner and it was excellent. Our server was great and the food presentation is as good as any I have seen. Great value and excellent food. We have never been disappointed with this restaurant.Special Features:
- A Good ChoicewhatzupDined on 6/25/2014The Chef does an excellent job on taste and presentation. Their "specials" are well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxinggoing2dineDined on 6/22/2014Wonderful meal, wonderful and friendly service, and wonderful ambience. The meal and over all experience was very relaxing. The waitress did not rush us, and with our coffee she just let us sit before the bill came. Most places diners are rushed , they bring the bill so the hint is 'it's time to go'. We enjoyed our evening out, as for us it was a nice getaway.Special Features:
- bats057Dined on 6/21/2014H, we had great service and the food was fantastic. We will be back!Special Features:
- SophieSophieDined on 6/20/2014Food. Was not as good as usual. The prime rib was just so-so, and the salmon stuffed scallops was not as filling or tasty as before.Special Features:
- coyoteDined on 6/18/2014Food presentation was exquisite, no noise distraction. Food looked fresh and crisp, which explains why the taste far exceeded my expectation. The price for the meals are more than fair compared to the overall product. We will be going back again, and we will be recommending The Agave to fanily and friends. It is now our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceRobertDined on 6/14/2014The waitress was courteous and very attentive to our requirements. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a good time!GaryDined on 6/14/2014There were very few guests at the restaurant when we went in so we were seated right away even though we were earlier than our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/Service Excellent, no ambienceDesertDwellerDined on 6/7/2014Haven't been to Agave before and was very disappointed in the cafeteria style seating and decor. The server was fantastic; friendly/personable, checked back on us so although it was busy we didn't feel ignored. Took a long time to get our food but the hot dish was warm, the salad was crisp and the presentation of the food was overall very pleasing.
- Great Food; long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We had reservations for a party of 6, after a concert show at the same location. Predictably, the restaurant was busy, but a 45 minute wait seemed too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014We were taken to our table, no one came by for 15 minutes. We waved down an employee and asked for water. She brought water and bread. The waistress finally came after 15 minites to take our order. She then came by another 15 minutes later to tell us that the special that we order was still going to be quite a while. After a total of 50 minutes at our table, we were served bread and water. We left without eating dinner.
- LukewarmLukewarmDined on 6/7/2014Disjointed reception: guests with reservation that arrived early after the concert were told no changes earler than 1hr-1hr 10min..new guests were being told 20-30 minutes. We were arrived at 1745 for an 1815 reservation..were seated at 1825. Food seemd a bit slow to arrive...when mine arrived the plate was hot but the food was lukewarm...I was 1/3 thru the meal before server re-visited the table to check...she promptly returned it to the the kitchen...when it returned it was amazing...well presented and hotI would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eatpeglovesDined on 6/6/2014Great place to eat, good service, reasonable prices and close to where i live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improved experienceGregSVIPDined on 6/5/2014Last time we were there with friends and our experience was very sad. Food wasn't hot, and they wanted to piecemeal fix the meals and no apology from the manager. This time, although our special meal requests weren't accommodated the meal was enjoyable.
- tobysmomDined on 6/5/2014Great food,enjoyable place for friends to gather for lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fine meal!chuckbDined on 6/5/2014Food and presentation were excellent. Service was good and overall, a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightrareoccasionDined on 6/5/2014We generally always have good food at Agave. That being said, the service is generally just the opposite. I really don't understand why a nice restaurant like this doesn't step it up when it comes to service. Whenever we have gone here, it is NEVER full. I truly believe that is due to the sub-par service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place for a special dinner.EATOUTFOLKSDined on 6/1/2014I live in Rio Rico, Arizona. The Agave serves as a special occasion retreat for my wife and me. The food is beautifully presented and always to the specific order. We have been accompanied by other couples and all the varied food choices that were ordered were relished by all. The personnel with whom we interact all are warm and sociable. The personnel, food choices, and ambience are the reason we travel from Rio Rico to celebrate a special occasion with you. Today is my 80th birthday and my wife's birthday is September and my children are working with JULIETA ALVAREZ to have a special family birthday at the AGAVE in September. You do not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CANUKDined on 6/1/2014We go to the Desert Diamond every time we come to Southern Arizona either the Buffet or the Agave. Both are very good with the atmosphere being very different in each. The Agave in our opinion is a very nice restaurant and for our 57th wedding anniversary we went last Sunday afternoon and had the "2 for 30" special. This was one of the nicest meals we have every had not only here but elsewhere in our travels. The presentation was excellent and the food was also excellent. The service was very good. The background music(?) was too loud. This was not anything special they made up just for us as they did not know it was our anniversary. Both my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the meal on our special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.