242 Boulevard SE
Atlanta, GA 30312Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.agaverestaurant.com/
- Phone: (404) 588-0006
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest
- Executive Chef: Jack Sobel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Agave
Established in October of 2000 and set in the historic Cotton Mill general store, Agave has been named the Best Southwestern Restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia. This eclectic southwestern eatery appeals to a wide cross section of taste and styles while focusing on guest satisfaction in the high energy dining room & bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Agave reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (76)fit for foodies (66)good for groups (44)hot spot (41)special occasion (36)vibrant bar scene (32)romantic (29)late-night find (14)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Second time 1st dateGigiDined on 11/20/2014We arrived a few minutes before our reservations & were seated shortly after. I love that we were greeted immediately. We had a cozy table in the loft area & had an excellent view of the dining room. We had the calamari as an appetizer; pork chops & the veal meatloaf for dinner. Everything was excellent & our server Kenean was extremely efficient and overall excellent. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2014Great food and service. The atmosphere is really nice. I would definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love this place!DeForceDined on 11/17/2014I've been going to Agave for years. Casual dinner with friends, family celebrations, and date nights. I've never been disappointed. Great food. Good drinks. Excellent service. A bit noisy but cozy and friendly. Sign up for their newsletter and be in the know about events and perks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!BettydVIPDined on 11/15/2014Absolutely loved this place and already have plans to return this week. The 45$ uber each way was worth it when I bit into the lobster appetizer- I would like about 10 of them. Great wait staff, bartenders and margaritas. Wish I could walk there- I would eat there every other day! The Barbacoa tacos and chicken tortillas were really tasty as well as the Mac n cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you haven't you shouldLocalistoDined on 11/12/2014We have been cominghere for years. The menu, food, service is always everthing we expect. So glad to have these folks on our side of town. The staff is very professional and acommodating. The menu is unique and take the mex concept up in to outer space. If you like flavor and you haven't been to Agave, you should. One of the best restaurants in the coty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southwestern Flare in AtlantaGMontDined on 11/4/2014Simply Outstanding touch and taste. We are from South Texas and the taste profile here was spot on! We enjoyed every bite and the attention to detail was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2014The food is amazing at a very affordable price. Service is always great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coming HomeWayneVIPDined on 11/1/2014We hadn't been to Agave for a couple of months, but as soon as we were greeted at the door it felt like we were returning home. We introduced Agave to another couple and they were as impressed as we with the quality and comfort of our meal. We ordered the stuffed trout, the sea scallops, the swordfish and the pork tenderloin special. Large portions, well seasoned and delicious. A special shout out to the collard greens. As wonderful as the food is, it's the friendly, helpful waitstaff that makes the Agave experience so enjoyable. And, of course, if you get there before six, all entrees for twelve dollars makes it the best deal in town and allows you to afford an extra margarita with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CK2eat2Dined on 10/30/2014Other than having a little difficulty finding the restaurant (we drove right by it without seeing it--we like to blame it on the GPS!) our Thursday date night was very enjoyable. The food and service were excellent. One of us ordered the beef medallions and the other ordered the scallop entree. We split a key lime pie to finish off the meal. All were nicely plated and very good. We were sitting near the bar and the noise level was a little higher than we would have liked at times. All in all it was a very pleasant evening; we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my FAVStrwilliamsVIPDined on 10/25/2014Love this place! Food, and service is good. I would come again for sure.
- Excellent food and drinksParkerDined on 10/23/2014The food was amazing, our server was very attentive and made great recommendations for both food and drinks. I would go again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- A constant go toShortyDined on 10/18/2014We've been to Agave several times and they always impress me. Great ambience, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mustFirstchoiceDined on 10/17/2014I just love Agave and everything it has to offer. I live in Florida and it is one of my "must" sgo to places when visiting Atlanta. I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back againtstokerDined on 10/12/2014WE have enjoyed Agave for several years. We particularly like it on nights other than Friday and Saturday, which can be very busy. The staff are knowledgable about the menu, friendly and don't rush you out the door. The food is outstanding, every time!Special Features:
- Great Eatsluv2dineinatlDined on 10/11/2014Been here twice, both times food a day service were good. With a group, it can be hard to hear others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!tooexpensiveVIPDined on 10/10/2014We have been to Agave several times and always enjoyed the whole experience! The wait staff is terrific; the food outstanding. Even the guys who park the car are attentive, very energetic and genuinely nice. The seating in the bar area is more noisy than the 'restaurant' part; you can still talk and enjoy your evening, but if you are really wanting to have a more intimate conversation, opt for the 'restaurant' area (its separate from the bar area). All in all, we love the consistency of the service and the food. Make reservations!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!RMO14VIPDined on 10/10/2014Loved Agave - some of the best service I've had in Atlanta, and one of the best menus, too. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- SW Foods with a Southern FlareBrandon2014Dined on 10/4/2014AWESOME FOODS & GREAT SERVICE! THE STAFF IS FRIENDLY!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeKKJJVIPDined on 9/30/2014Best place in town. Never fails to deliver. Great food, great service, well run establishment. Best appetizer menu to be found anywhere, and the entrees offered are a wide variety. Top it off with the best key lime pie in town.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceJulesVIPDined on 9/26/2014Absolutely wonderful food. Reasonable prices and outstanding flavors. The appetizer came fast but the entree was a little slow. However, it was certainly worth waiting for and the appetizer (calamari) was enormous. Classic margaritas are probably the best I've had.Special Features:
- Margaritas & Food - DE-licious!ProsperityIIVIPDined on 9/16/2014My out-of-town guest who loves margaritas and southwestern food, was a bundle of moans and groans - as he experienced Agave for the first time! I'm not even a margarita fan, and I joined in-to the tune he was humming! We did the fried lobster appetizer, the scallops/grits (he had salmon) entree, and shared the key lime dessert. WOW, WOW, WOW!! With a reservation, we were seated in the bar area (as there was a private affair in the main dining area) -- and it was indeed noisy and electric. The service was terrific, although I wished for a quieter experience! AGAVE....you did it again!!! We left delightfully happy with the evening. When you go....ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticbesttorontoVIPDined on 9/15/2014One word sums it up and nothing else needed Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedLunchLoverDined on 9/15/2014What a great find! I was nervous because I was hosting a dinner for a number of clients and had never been there before. The service was wonderful and the food is excellent. Unique takes on old favorites as well as dishes that I wouldn't have expected in a Southwestern restaurant.Special Features:
- AtldeuceVIPDined on 9/11/2014Good food but service was spotty. Also we were in the enclosed patio room. Horrible lighting. Bring a flashlight. Plus it was too warm. A large crowd was there, but I don't know why.
- Big disappointmentSavtahVIPDined on 9/8/2014We were promptly greeted and seated when we arrived 5 minutes before our reservation. Our server was pleasant. Chips were promptly brought to the table with a nice salsa, the menu was interesting the quinoia salad was very good, but our entrees did not arrive for 55 minutes. During that time it became so noisy that it was impossible to hear the server's apologies, and we had to strain when the manager came over and finally did not charge us for the meal. He mentioned that Sundays are like this. When I asked why they did n't limit reservations if he knew the kitchen couldn't handle it, he said didn't want to lose the business, but I am afraid he has lost ours.
- Good Food but Too LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014The food is great at Agave, no question, but if you want to be able to talk to the people at your table forget it. It was so loud we couldn't hear each other. Frankly we ate quickly and went down the street for a drink in order to talk. It was very busy on this Saturday night but the service was good and we were seated right away with our reservation. I'll return, just on a quieter night.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining experience!Foodie1970Dined on 9/5/2014I cannot say enough about Agave, but I will try to sum it up. The food is phenomenal! I have ordered numerous dishes from the menu and not once been disappointed. From appetizers to dessert just consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood gemRegstirDined on 9/4/2014My wife and I enjoyed the food and service at Agave; she had lobster tails as a starter and chicken enchiladas. I had lamb and should have stuck with the food they are best known for (southwestern cuisine). Overall very good experience and I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FUN & Great FOODUrsulapjDined on 9/4/2014The food was wonderful. We ordered our won and shared a few things. Drinks are the best, ambiance is energetic, great friendly service! They say everything on the menu is great, so of course, I'll be back!Special Features:
- Hidden nook!!DonnaDined on 8/31/2014As usual my visit met my expectations. Had out of town family visiting and they were equally impressed with my recommendation. Excellent wine pairing as recommended by our waiter. ..good on par, as usual. ...left overs didn't make it to next day!!! A must visit in Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never lets me downOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014I love Agave...it's a great neighborhood gem with excellent food. I've been coming here for years and they never let me down. The food is consistently excellent and the margaritas are the best in town!Special Features:
- Amazingspencer2879Dined on 8/30/2014The food and service was amazing. We had reservationa for eight and was well accomodated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great food and great service. But if you want to have a conversation, it's just too hard. It's VERY noisy in the dining area.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong hereBArkaeDined on 8/22/2014This place rarely lets me down. It's pretty consistent. Great food, fantastic margaritas and love the atmosphere. This is a favorite go-to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing againNoCPUTimeVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Always a favorite!LJames01VIPDined on 8/16/2014We love going to Agave. Everything is high-quality and easy, including valet, check-in, service, etc. The food and drinks are AMAZING - nothing beats fresh seafood or a good steak and a delicious margarita! Whether for a special occasion or just a good dinner, Agave is a must-go.Special Features:
- A favoriteYukiDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful restaurant! Excellent food and drinks! Busy and can be a bit noisy but still a great place to dine and to meet friends after work or before and after an event.Special Features:
- Fantastic southwestern food and barCOHSDined on 8/11/2014Don't miss this one. You will return again and again. Food has a kick but many dishes can be cooled down for those who need it. Every dish we have tried the 3x we have gone- home run! Kudos to chef and kitchrn staff. Wait staff terrific. Margaritas addictive! Get a reservation, it's always a crowd. Great energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AgaveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014First time at agave, food excellent service fantastic, my new gem in atlantaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food! Great ServiceBrandon2014Dined on 8/9/2014The best fried chicken in ATL, GA! Great margaritas! Great Service! Ask for Mandy!Special Features: