242 Boulevard SE
Atlanta, GA 30312Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.agaverestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4045880006
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest
- Executive Chef: Jack Sobel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Agave
Established in October of 2000 and set in the historic Cotton Mill general store, Agave has been named the Best Southwestern Restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia. This eclectic southwestern eatery appeals to a wide cross section of taste and styles while focusing on guest satisfaction in the high energy dining room & bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Agave reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (83)fit for foodies (71)special occasion (43)good for groups (39)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (34)romantic (27)late-night find (11)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- fantasticbesttorontoVIPDined on 9/15/2014One word sums it up and nothing else needed Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedLunchLoverDined on 9/15/2014What a great find! I was nervous because I was hosting a dinner for a number of clients and had never been there before. The service was wonderful and the food is excellent. Unique takes on old favorites as well as dishes that I wouldn't have expected in a Southwestern restaurant.Special Features:
- AtldeuceVIPDined on 9/11/2014Good food but service was spotty. Also we were in the enclosed patio room. Horrible lighting. Bring a flashlight. Plus it was too warm. A large crowd was there, but I don't know why.
- Big disappointmentSavtahVIPDined on 9/8/2014We were promptly greeted and seated when we arrived 5 minutes before our reservation. Our server was pleasant. Chips were promptly brought to the table with a nice salsa, the menu was interesting the quinoia salad was very good, but our entrees did not arrive for 55 minutes. During that time it became so noisy that it was impossible to hear the server's apologies, and we had to strain when the manager came over and finally did not charge us for the meal. He mentioned that Sundays are like this. When I asked why they did n't limit reservations if he knew the kitchen couldn't handle it, he said didn't want to lose the business, but I am afraid he has lost ours.
- Good Food but Too LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014The food is great at Agave, no question, but if you want to be able to talk to the people at your table forget it. It was so loud we couldn't hear each other. Frankly we ate quickly and went down the street for a drink in order to talk. It was very busy on this Saturday night but the service was good and we were seated right away with our reservation. I'll return, just on a quieter night.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining experience!Foodie1970Dined on 9/5/2014I cannot say enough about Agave, but I will try to sum it up. The food is phenomenal! I have ordered numerous dishes from the menu and not once been disappointed. From appetizers to dessert just consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood gemRegstirDined on 9/4/2014My wife and I enjoyed the food and service at Agave; she had lobster tails as a starter and chicken enchiladas. I had lamb and should have stuck with the food they are best known for (southwestern cuisine). Overall very good experience and I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FUN & Great FOODUrsulapjDined on 9/4/2014The food was wonderful. We ordered our won and shared a few things. Drinks are the best, ambiance is energetic, great friendly service! They say everything on the menu is great, so of course, I'll be back!Special Features:
- Hidden nook!!DonnaDined on 8/31/2014As usual my visit met my expectations. Had out of town family visiting and they were equally impressed with my recommendation. Excellent wine pairing as recommended by our waiter. ..good on par, as usual. ...left overs didn't make it to next day!!! A must visit in Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never lets me downOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014I love Agave...it's a great neighborhood gem with excellent food. I've been coming here for years and they never let me down. The food is consistently excellent and the margaritas are the best in town!Special Features:
- Amazingspencer2879Dined on 8/30/2014The food and service was amazing. We had reservationa for eight and was well accomodated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great food and great service. But if you want to have a conversation, it's just too hard. It's VERY noisy in the dining area.Special Features:
- Amazing againNoCPUTimeVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Always a favorite!LJames01VIPDined on 8/16/2014We love going to Agave. Everything is high-quality and easy, including valet, check-in, service, etc. The food and drinks are AMAZING - nothing beats fresh seafood or a good steak and a delicious margarita! Whether for a special occasion or just a good dinner, Agave is a must-go.Special Features:
- A favoriteYukiDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful restaurant! Excellent food and drinks! Busy and can be a bit noisy but still a great place to dine and to meet friends after work or before and after an event.Special Features:
- Fantastic southwestern food and barCOHSDined on 8/11/2014Don't miss this one. You will return again and again. Food has a kick but many dishes can be cooled down for those who need it. Every dish we have tried the 3x we have gone- home run! Kudos to chef and kitchrn staff. Wait staff terrific. Margaritas addictive! Get a reservation, it's always a crowd. Great energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AgaveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014First time at agave, food excellent service fantastic, my new gem in atlantaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food! Great ServiceBrandon2014Dined on 8/9/2014The best fried chicken in ATL, GA! Great margaritas! Great Service! Ask for Mandy!Special Features:
- Happy Hour A Mustlove2eatmexicanDined on 8/9/2014If you have have dinner make sure you get there early enough to have your appetizers at the bar during happy hour they are half off!!! Spicy fried lobster tail is awesome!!! The dinner was not that bad I have been to Agave for happy hour many times but this was my first for dinner. It was a little upscale for Mexican/South Western. It was good but I prefer the happy hour at the bar. The drinks and tequilas are really the claim to fame. However, it is definitely a staple on the list.Special Features:
- Awesome as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Haven't had a bad meal or experience yet. Been coming for years and the 5p-6p $12 entree special is such an amazing deal! We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!ATLCollegeKidDined on 8/2/2014Took one of my good girlfriends here for dinner. Food was awesome, service pretty good, and a great atmosphere. Will definitely be going back. Not too expensive, either, for a young college student.Special Features:
- Used to be GreatChinapans1Dined on 8/2/2014The margaritas are still wonderful but the food quality is not as good as it used to be. We ordered the famed fried chicken which wasn't crispy and had little flavor. It was perfectly tender but was missing all the other "fried chicken" yumminess you'd expect. I wouldn't go back after the last time there. It was t horrible but wasn't memorable. There are so many good restaurants to choose from in Atlanta. Hopefully it was just a bad night and Agave will resume its fried chicken standard!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MarthaeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was great, service great, atmosphere great. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I really enjoyed my grouper. It was one of the dishes recommended by my waiter. The food is the reason I go here. The dishes always have interesting ingredients. The reccommend for anyon e who enjoys interesting food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time but it...HoneybuttazDined on 7/26/2014won't be the last. Enjoyed everything. My drinks (pomegranete martini) were perfect each time. The chips and salsa were great. My main dish, salmon was delectable and it was a joyous occasion overall. Prices for the food quality was actually decent as well.Special Features:
- Love service was Terrible!NotgreattimeDined on 7/26/2014I love eating at this restaurant . but I am now having second thought of going back. I have been eating there for years and recommending to friends and family of mine.. But after the service that Love rendered on Saturday evening, I will think twice about it. She rushed us through the entire meal and basisly told us to leave the table after we finished eating and she removed our water and told us that we could chat up front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Food is excellent! Lobster appetizer (grilled or fried) & the shrimp & grits are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014my 12th visit wasn't so good this time. My waiter was very stoic and didn't offer any suggestions to my new guests. the table next to me broke a glass and it hit my leg. the shrimp was overcooked. In all fairness I did not talk to hey manager. But hopefully he will read this. my other 11 experiences were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a little smokey...lb2014Dined on 7/17/2014Came right after work with a group of friends. While waiting for our table we sat at the bar and had drinks. The bartender and drinks were excellent, wish she was our waitress. She was very personable and happy to serve our drinks and conversation. Once we got our table in the room with the exposed kitchen, we realized that although it may be cool to see the chef the smoke from the cooking was quite overbearing. Our waiter was nonchalant and not very helpful with choosing menu options. One appetizer came after wee received our food, but the manager quickly rectified the situation by removing it from her bill and boxing the plate up so she could take it home. Everyone enjoyed their food so no complaints there. I recommend the street corn!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SW flavors with a southern twist!CindyADined on 7/16/2014Our family has been coming to Agave for at least 8 years. We have been with large groups (22) just my husband and I and everything in between. We have never had a bad experience and the food is always phenomenal. 7/16 we came with a small group. Try the Higgins margarita to start. The lobster tail appetizer and the calamari are my favorites. I have tried almost everything on the menu and while it's all good I'm a lifetime fan of the scallops. They are perfectly paired with grits and the best spicy/sweet collard greens. My husband's favorite is the meatloaf. A few people in our party had the special (burger) and said it was great. This will continue to be on our favorites list!Special Features:
- Longtime favoriteMitchDined on 7/15/2014I've been going to Agave for years and it never disappoints. My guilty pleasure is the Cayenne Fried Chicken. Yummm!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently greatMstumpeVIPDined on 7/13/2014Always welcome, consistently great service. Hadn't been in a while but they participate in the dinner and a cause card so I decided to go and get the 20% discount off our table's meal. Then I remembered why I always loved this place and it's worth the drive even though we live further away now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014I made reservation thru open table but when I got there they didn't have me in the list. I should them my email confirmation and they sat u down immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JustSayinDined on 7/12/2014I was disappointed moreso because I expected items on the lunch menu to also appear on the dinner menu. I believe we just ordered the wrong food items. My beans were dry and the rice was undercooked. Lobster tail was just OK. Chips and salsa were great. We will give it another try, however for lunch and not dinner. Wait staff was busy working, they were cold and focused.Special Features:
- Get the trout, best I have hadFastaVIPDined on 7/12/2014I changed our reservation by phone late in the day from 4 to 8 and it was no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLavonlinVIPDined on 7/12/2014This was our first time at Agave and we were impressed. The drinks were good, the food was good and the service was great. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:
- ExperiencePrudenceVIPDined on 7/12/2014The items on the menu was very appealing. However, the food was just OK in my opinion. No flair whatsoever.Special Features:
- Excellent food and affordableButterbeanDined on 7/11/2014Agave was the site of a first date and the restaurant did not disappoint. I put "date" on the reservation and they put us in a cozy corner spot perfect for a date. The food was excellent and the portion size was perfect. I do not like going to a restaurant that gives you so much food that you have to drag half of it in tow for the rest of the night. The margaritas were also tasty. Service was prompt for a busy night. Most important, the food was not over priced. A wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Great vibe but toooo spicyKimboDined on 7/11/2014Service was great . Ambience great. The food was over spiced not just the salsa but even the foods they deemed mild very unfortunate as we were really looking forward to good southwestern.Special Features:
- Enjoyable first visitfrank44Dined on 7/11/2014For some reason, I have lived in the area 5 years never having visited Agave. I took the girlfriend there this past weekend and had an enjoyable dining experience all around. The dishes were unique and the service was great.Special Features: