242 Boulevard SE
Atlanta, GA 30312Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.agaverestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4045880006
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest
- Executive Chef: Jack Sobel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Agave
Established in October of 2000 and set in the historic Cotton Mill general store, Agave has been named the Best Southwestern Restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia. This eclectic southwestern eatery appeals to a wide cross section of taste and styles while focusing on guest satisfaction in the high energy dining room & bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Agave reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (73)fit for foodies (64)special occasion (39)good for groups (36)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (32)romantic (22)late-night find (11)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- CathyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great food and great service. But if you want to have a conversation, it's just too hard. It's VERY noisy in the dining area.Special Features:
- Amazing againNoCPUTimeVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Always a favorite!LJames01VIPDined on 8/16/2014We love going to Agave. Everything is high-quality and easy, including valet, check-in, service, etc. The food and drinks are AMAZING - nothing beats fresh seafood or a good steak and a delicious margarita! Whether for a special occasion or just a good dinner, Agave is a must-go.Special Features:
- A favoriteYukiDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful restaurant! Excellent food and drinks! Busy and can be a bit noisy but still a great place to dine and to meet friends after work or before and after an event.Special Features:
- Fantastic southwestern food and barCOHSDined on 8/11/2014Don't miss this one. You will return again and again. Food has a kick but many dishes can be cooled down for those who need it. Every dish we have tried the 3x we have gone- home run! Kudos to chef and kitchrn staff. Wait staff terrific. Margaritas addictive! Get a reservation, it's always a crowd. Great energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AgaveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014First time at agave, food excellent service fantastic, my new gem in atlantaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food! Great ServiceBrandon2014Dined on 8/9/2014The best fried chicken in ATL, GA! Great margaritas! Great Service! Ask for Mandy!Special Features:
- Happy Hour A Mustlove2eatmexicanDined on 8/9/2014If you have have dinner make sure you get there early enough to have your appetizers at the bar during happy hour they are half off!!! Spicy fried lobster tail is awesome!!! The dinner was not that bad I have been to Agave for happy hour many times but this was my first for dinner. It was a little upscale for Mexican/South Western. It was good but I prefer the happy hour at the bar. The drinks and tequilas are really the claim to fame. However, it is definitely a staple on the list.Special Features:
- Awesome as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Haven't had a bad meal or experience yet. Been coming for years and the 5p-6p $12 entree special is such an amazing deal! We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!ATLCollegeKidDined on 8/2/2014Took one of my good girlfriends here for dinner. Food was awesome, service pretty good, and a great atmosphere. Will definitely be going back. Not too expensive, either, for a young college student.Special Features:
- Used to be GreatChinapans1Dined on 8/2/2014The margaritas are still wonderful but the food quality is not as good as it used to be. We ordered the famed fried chicken which wasn't crispy and had little flavor. It was perfectly tender but was missing all the other "fried chicken" yumminess you'd expect. I wouldn't go back after the last time there. It was t horrible but wasn't memorable. There are so many good restaurants to choose from in Atlanta. Hopefully it was just a bad night and Agave will resume its fried chicken standard!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MarthaeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was great, service great, atmosphere great. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I really enjoyed my grouper. It was one of the dishes recommended by my waiter. The food is the reason I go here. The dishes always have interesting ingredients. The reccommend for anyon e who enjoys interesting food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time but it...HoneybuttazDined on 7/26/2014won't be the last. Enjoyed everything. My drinks (pomegranete martini) were perfect each time. The chips and salsa were great. My main dish, salmon was delectable and it was a joyous occasion overall. Prices for the food quality was actually decent as well.Special Features:
- Love service was Terrible!NotgreattimeDined on 7/26/2014I love eating at this restaurant . but I am now having second thought of going back. I have been eating there for years and recommending to friends and family of mine.. But after the service that Love rendered on Saturday evening, I will think twice about it. She rushed us through the entire meal and basisly told us to leave the table after we finished eating and she removed our water and told us that we could chat up front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Food is excellent! Lobster appetizer (grilled or fried) & the shrimp & grits are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014my 12th visit wasn't so good this time. My waiter was very stoic and didn't offer any suggestions to my new guests. the table next to me broke a glass and it hit my leg. the shrimp was overcooked. In all fairness I did not talk to hey manager. But hopefully he will read this. my other 11 experiences were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a little smokey...lb2014Dined on 7/17/2014Came right after work with a group of friends. While waiting for our table we sat at the bar and had drinks. The bartender and drinks were excellent, wish she was our waitress. She was very personable and happy to serve our drinks and conversation. Once we got our table in the room with the exposed kitchen, we realized that although it may be cool to see the chef the smoke from the cooking was quite overbearing. Our waiter was nonchalant and not very helpful with choosing menu options. One appetizer came after wee received our food, but the manager quickly rectified the situation by removing it from her bill and boxing the plate up so she could take it home. Everyone enjoyed their food so no complaints there. I recommend the street corn!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SW flavors with a southern twist!CindyADined on 7/16/2014Our family has been coming to Agave for at least 8 years. We have been with large groups (22) just my husband and I and everything in between. We have never had a bad experience and the food is always phenomenal. 7/16 we came with a small group. Try the Higgins margarita to start. The lobster tail appetizer and the calamari are my favorites. I have tried almost everything on the menu and while it's all good I'm a lifetime fan of the scallops. They are perfectly paired with grits and the best spicy/sweet collard greens. My husband's favorite is the meatloaf. A few people in our party had the special (burger) and said it was great. This will continue to be on our favorites list!Special Features:
- Longtime favoriteMitchDined on 7/15/2014I've been going to Agave for years and it never disappoints. My guilty pleasure is the Cayenne Fried Chicken. Yummm!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently greatMstumpeVIPDined on 7/13/2014Always welcome, consistently great service. Hadn't been in a while but they participate in the dinner and a cause card so I decided to go and get the 20% discount off our table's meal. Then I remembered why I always loved this place and it's worth the drive even though we live further away now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014I made reservation thru open table but when I got there they didn't have me in the list. I should them my email confirmation and they sat u down immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JustSayinDined on 7/12/2014I was disappointed moreso because I expected items on the lunch menu to also appear on the dinner menu. I believe we just ordered the wrong food items. My beans were dry and the rice was undercooked. Lobster tail was just OK. Chips and salsa were great. We will give it another try, however for lunch and not dinner. Wait staff was busy working, they were cold and focused.Special Features:
- Get the trout, best I have hadFastaVIPDined on 7/12/2014I changed our reservation by phone late in the day from 4 to 8 and it was no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLavonlinVIPDined on 7/12/2014This was our first time at Agave and we were impressed. The drinks were good, the food was good and the service was great. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:
- ExperiencePrudenceVIPDined on 7/12/2014The items on the menu was very appealing. However, the food was just OK in my opinion. No flair whatsoever.Special Features:
- Excellent food and affordableButterbeanDined on 7/11/2014Agave was the site of a first date and the restaurant did not disappoint. I put "date" on the reservation and they put us in a cozy corner spot perfect for a date. The food was excellent and the portion size was perfect. I do not like going to a restaurant that gives you so much food that you have to drag half of it in tow for the rest of the night. The margaritas were also tasty. Service was prompt for a busy night. Most important, the food was not over priced. A wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Great vibe but toooo spicyKimboDined on 7/11/2014Service was great . Ambience great. The food was over spiced not just the salsa but even the foods they deemed mild very unfortunate as we were really looking forward to good southwestern.Special Features:
- Enjoyable first visitfrank44Dined on 7/11/2014For some reason, I have lived in the area 5 years never having visited Agave. I took the girlfriend there this past weekend and had an enjoyable dining experience all around. The dishes were unique and the service was great.Special Features:
- OK ExperienceFoodLoverDined on 6/29/2014This was my second time eating at Agave and the food was not as good this time around. I ordered the lamb chops medium well; however, they were cooked very well. The sides were just ok not much flavor. It was b'day so I was really looking forward to a really nice meal with my boyfriend, so I was a bit disappointed. It was his first experience and he was not impressed. Maybe we will try again in the future, just not sure. I will still recommend to friends/family as it could have just been an "off" day....we all have them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014I was at Agave with a party of 8 to celebrate my wife's birthday. We experienced GREAT service that was only topped by the GREAT FOOD and COCKTAILS! A perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!!HappyEaterVIPDined on 6/21/2014We generally love this cuisine but if not already lovers of it, we would now. Very dish ordered exceeded our expectations. Will definitely return. But the outstanding food was only enhanced by the superb service from Emir (?).Special Features:
- Cheers spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Bartenders are awesome especially Lisa, like talking to your best friend, Scallops are goodSpecial Features:
- trfinediningDined on 6/15/2014one of our favorites. first choice for any celebration. excellent menu and great drinks. Agave is not a Mexican place. southwest offerings. the service is always excellent. Their their jalapeno rita. None betterSpecial Features:
- luv2dineDined on 6/14/2014The food was great. I enjoyed the atmosphere. Everyone was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ADDICTED TO AGAVEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014This was my 1st visit, and I'm hooked!! Not only did the food taste superb, the presentation was beautiful!!! Everyone, from the valet to the entire restuarant staff were awesome!! I'm addicted and will be returning many, many, many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy but great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014agave is very busy so I always make reservations. Food is great and the service is good too. I can eat anything on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came from Denver to eat here!grizgirlDined on 6/13/2014We love the food here. Great flavors with a natural, fresh taste. It was too loud -- people need to remember that we don't all want to hear their conversations, but the food was awesome!Special Features:
- Every Bit of DeliciousItaliDouglasvilleDined on 6/13/2014Every dish was scrumptious to the last drop. We had no doubt that the meals were prepared from scratch. We had 10 persons dine. The waiter was very professional and considerate with her interactions with us. Considering the group size, the meals arrived timely and we were all very pleased that each dish had a unique flavor. The pictures on the website are complimentary. I had the lamb chops well done. The outside was beautifully crisp though not burned and the taste very soft and unforgettable. The flavor was evident in every bite. The scallops with grits; salmon; and fried chicken was also VERY good. Each dish having it's own unique yummy flavor. Only downside - the smokiness from the cooking does intensify. But it is worth it.Special Features:
- Summer DinnerNew2AtlDined on 6/8/2014My husband and I had dinner at Agave on a Sunday night. Our server, Phil, was very helpful in selecting meals and attentive throughout. I had the southwestern Burrito & Stew which was very good, and a large portion, so I had some to take home). I think my husband had the Veal, Chorizo & Green Chile Meatloaf - and since he didn't offer me any - it must have been good! Agave has a nice casual feel to it. We plan to go back.Special Features: