Agami Contemporary Sushi
4712 N. Broadway
Chicago, IL 60640Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Agami Contemporary Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.agamisushi.com/
- Phone: 7735061845
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi
- Executive Chef: Kye An
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Packages available, call (773) 506-1845 for more details!
- Private Party Facilities: Agami offers a semi-private dining room that comfortably seats up to 45 people. The room is perfect for rehearsal dinners, birthday parties and corporate events.
- Private Party Contact: Stan or Judy 7735061845
- Entertainment: Two big screen projectors at the bar!
House, Jazz, Upbeat, Pop to match the ambiance!
- Special Events: Book your parties at Agami Contemporary Sushi! Group packages, catering, and more available for any special occasion! Send us an e-mail at email@example.com~
- Cross Street: Leland
- Public Transit: Lawrence stop on CTA Redline; 1 block to restaurant. CTA #36 bus to Broadway/Leland; stops in front of restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Free All Day on Sunday!
Free neighborhood parking in rear off Leland (after Racine), Magnolia, and as far back as Malden!
A word from Agami Contemporary Sushi
This hip Uptown contemporary Sushi restaurant housed in the former Goldblatt's building continues to impress their guests with innovative Maki rolls, incredibly fresh Nigiri and Sashimi, Asian inspired Entrees from the kitchen and delectable Signature Cocktails. With an Urban/Underwater theme, Agami features a chic lounge, and semi-private and private booths that allow for a more intimate dining experience. No BYOBContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSushi
Agami Contemporary Sushi - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Agami Contemporary Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)romantic (7)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)good for groups (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great Birthday Dinner!AnnaMarieDined on 8/2/2014I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday. It was such a great experience! We arrived and they had decorated the booth with a happy birthday sign and balloon for him! Our server was wonderful as well, I honestly cannot remember his name. The sushi was the best we have both ever had. We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Great service!NewbDined on 7/26/2014Went there for date night & enjoyed the atmosphere. It wasn't busy for a Saturday night so we were able to hear each other & rave over the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South of the border sushiMylesVIPDined on 7/5/2014This place is awesome. Great such that has a latin american flare! Seriously, go check it out!Special Features:
- MameVIPDined on 7/5/2014We were a little worried about our choice of restaurants at first but after the drinks and first dishes came, we were won over. Very different and enjoyable experience. Will certainly return. Pretty casual place, fun and delicious. Molly the waitress was very good - great suggestions.
- Solid Sushi SpotAmateurFoodie221Dined on 6/23/2014It's a great date spot. It's moderately priced but worth it. Good wine selection. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising findScottr10rDined on 6/19/2014I was surprised at how tasty the sushi here is! Drinks are great as well. Fresh tasting food, a little expensive, but very good. Cool interior. Much bigger than I expected. Our waiter was awesome. Recommended stuff and was attentive but not annoying. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 180 reviews are from the Agami Contemporary Sushi reviews archive.
- Wife's bday dinnerKingstonDined on 5/19/2014Everything was great. Great sushi, service, and Atmosphere. They even took our picture and had a it in a frame by the end of our dinner as a souvenir, great touch!! Will be back!!Special Features:
- GREAT service, good food!sylver3VIPDined on 4/18/2014I was looking for a spot in my grandma's neighborhood and she likes sushi. Our waiter Nick was very attentive and gave some great recommendations on food. It was grandma's birthday and at the end of the meal they brought 2 scoops of green tea ice cream, a lit candle and a balloon! It was so sweet. Then, Nick took our picture and a few minutes later came out with a framed picture of us for her to take home! OUTSTANDING service. The food was GREAT! We had the softshell crab buns which were enormous and chockful of good greens and softshell crab. The spicy tuna crispy rice app was generous and delicious. We also had the bulls maki which was an interesting combo and quite good. Thanks Agami (& nick) for helping me make grandma's day so special!Special Features:
- Awesome ambiance!LindsayDined on 4/11/2014Went here with a bunch of girlfriends-- a group of 10 of us. The service was amazing and the food was just as good. Great drink menu, the sushi was delicious and everyone left happy. The calamari salad and the chicago bulls roll were the group favorites! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!!ashleyDined on 3/21/2014William was AMAZING!! My friend and I arrived earlier than the rest of our group, but they sat us any way. William was funny, attentive, polite, and extremely knowledgable. My friends and I were there from 8p-11:30p. He remained attentive, kept checking on us, and never made us feel like we were over staying our welcome. WONDERFUL server. I will request him if I come back to Agami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Agami for InnovationChicagoFoodieVIPDined on 3/9/2014It often seems as if many Japanese restaurants have the same menu, and the same names for the rolls. Agami has a much more original and indeed fusion menu. Much more innovative than most, surely worth a visit or two. We try to get there 2-3x per yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience!sushihoundDined on 3/1/2014had a great dinner with friends - delicious food, and the staff made the birthday girl feel extra special. fun / hip vibe! can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and OriginalAlexKDined on 2/15/2014I really loved the layout of the restaurant...the bar is beautiful and my friend and I were seated in a cute and quiet booth which still faced the dining room so we could enjoy the ambiance of the restaurant. The layout of the menu was very cool, they had a list of the classic rolls they offer and then a separate menu with pictures of their more creative and unique rolls...it made the decisions much easier because we would not have known what to expect when ordering their non traditional rolls. Definitely try the Garlic Crunch Roll! Our server William was outstanding! He was very knowledgeable about the food as well as the wine. I can honestly say that having him as our server added something extra to the meal. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timerfooder27Dined on 2/14/2014Food was awesome. Presentation was great. Service seemed slightly slower than should have been, but the kitchen and sushi bar chefs seemed busy so this could be a reasonable explanation. Overall the experience was good and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff is witty!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/9/2014Though the restaurant was a little slow to deliver a couple of our plates, we didn't mind! Our server was entertaining and we all had a good time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014This was the first time eating at Agami and it lived up to the reviews. It is a great place for a date or hanging out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is in an areaYayaDined on 2/7/2014This restaurant is in an area with a lot of traffic making it very difficult to park. The restaurant did not offer valet. The restaurant is very spacious and it was nowhere near full, however the service was slow. As far as ambiance, I would take down the television to make it more like a restaurant and not sport bar.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/7/2014I came here before a concert at the Riv and had a pretty mediocre experience. The server was pleasant enough, but after she took our order we didn't see her or any part of our sushi order for 40 minutes. Then, she brought our sushi and ran off before we could point out our missing silverware and soy bowl. We tried to get her or someone's attention for several minutes before we could start eating. The sushi was just fine, but very overpriced for what it was. The special rolls are all $17, but I would say they were worth $14, tops. The booth seating looked really cute, but was actually not very comfortable--I felt like i had to sit up really, really straight the whole time. The lighting was dim without being that cozy. All told, just ok.Special Features:
- NYE diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013My girlfriend loves sushi. And this place came highly recommended. I would totally visit it again.Special Features:
- Great food service not so muchbbarreseDined on 12/26/2013No question the food is great especially the signature rolls. They have excellent cocktails and the ambience is fine. Unfortunately our server although very nice was somewhat forgetful and showed an alarming inattention to important details like our gluten intolerant guest. His responses of "I think so" showed a lack of understanding that a gluten allergy is not a choice but a medical condition. Also did not like the fact that they snuck in with no mention an automatic 20% tip for a group of 6.I ended up over tipping the poor server who will learn no lesson.
- Great ambience, great food!RomaDined on 12/18/2013Great Sushi place for dinner with friends or a perfect date night! Nice decor inside and great service! Overall, pretty good place to eat. Prices are a little on the high side for some sushi rolls, and some deals could be given depending on day & time of eating there. Overall, very good and a neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uptown sushichitowngrrlVIPDined on 11/30/2013The décor is refreshingly different, going for a modern loft feel with Asian accents, and big comfortable booths in the front room. Our server was the appropriate balance of friendliness, helpfulness and the sushi was very good, with some unusual and distinctive specialty rolls. Very pleasant dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to this restaurantz77lDined on 11/2/2013We went to this restaurant for the first time on Saturday to celebrate my bf's birthday. When we arrived they had our booth ready complete with decorations (banner and a birthday balloon). The waiter took a picture of us in the booth and by the time we were ready to leave he had the picture framed for us, which we thought was absolutely great. We also received a free dessert since it was his birthday. They went above and beyond to make our experience there special. The food was great (We ordered a few different rolls).Special Features:
- Great experience at AgamiatenkassVIPDined on 11/2/2013We did a pre-theater show, so it was pretty quiet, but I'm guessing the disco beats get pretty bumpin' later on. The food was delicious, and our server was fantastic. I would highly recommend, especially as there are few choices in this neck of the woods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fresh sushiJmillDined on 9/5/2013The server was very nice and recommended many good rolls and side dishes for our table. I enjoyed the vibrant ambiance. Great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best sushi in towntgirl9Dined on 9/2/2013Agami exceeded all my expectations! The sushi was the best I have had so far in Chicago; split 3 specialty rolls with my date and we couldn't stop raving about how fresh, unique and delicious they were! Our server was amazing and knew the sushi and drink menus up and down and gave us plenty of time as we were quite indecisive :)The vibe was trendy and would be great for a date night or night out with friends. I can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must go here!RainbowmayaDined on 6/27/2013Loved everything about this plAce. Food, service, ambiance, decor, music, tables... Everything here exceeded my expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2013The food was amazing!! Service was great!! Overall just great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemLKCandACCVIPDined on 6/8/2013I've been to Agami about a half dozen times, and it never disappoints. The service is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They have a lot of options for vegetarians, probably the biggest I've ever seen at a sushi restaurant. I never understand why this place isn't more busy, but I'm glad we can go there anytime, even Saturday night, and stroll in and be seated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum.ShibaerDined on 6/6/2013Food: Hooray for the specialty rolls! We had the Kiss of Fire and the Dark Knight- both really delicious. Add on a bowl of edamame and a veggie tempura appetizer and we were absolutely stuffed. The hot sake is super cheap compared to other beverages on the menu, and since we're not connosieurs, that suited us just fine. Total came out to $69 with tip- a little spendy, but totally fine for a special night out. Service: Professional and friendly staff. Our waiter pushed the booze with every pass, but that was only a minor annoyance. Ambiance: Lovely, though at 6:30, we were the only ones in the restaurant. The big red round booths are a great visual. Giant TVs over the bar are a bit distracting, but a minor complaint.Special Features:
- Beautiful and taste beyond plateOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2013The sushi rolls were not only creative in ingredients, full of fun flavor combinations and well plated, but the portion sizes were incredible. At most sushi venues we can easily eat 3 rolls and find ourselves mildly full. At Agami, 2 rolls are plenty, but if you're like us, you find you won't want to stop. It's that good! Try the Agami Volcano, The Red Alert and The Sand Storm rolls. It's also a great spot for romantic occasions. It was our anniversary and we found the ambiance to be quite fitting for the event. We were treated so well by everyone, from the hostess to the bartender to our server. Definitely will be going back!Special Features:
- It is very good but a smidgeCregVIPDined on 3/12/2013It is very good but a smidge pricy. Great for a group though!Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Fantastic restaurant! Great for groups of people, airy and nice trendy decor. Would be a great date spot, awesome service. They brought out roses for all the ladies in our party and took a picture of us. Love this place, I will definitely be back! Try this place out!Special Features:
- One of the most bizarre restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013One of the most bizarre restaurant experiences I have ever had. I made a reservation for 8:45 on Valentine's Day. When we arrived, we were told we'd have to wait for another few minutes, which was fine. When we were brought to our table, I saw that the restaurant was only about 50% full, making it seem odd that we'd had to wait... Right away, two things happened: 1) A random woman who did not work there approached our table to ask us to donate to something. We said no thank you. 2) A server came by to drop off a dish of edamame. As she did, she asked if we were leaving (???) and I said no, we'd just arrived. She left without saying anything else. 20 more minutes passed as we sat there without menus. Eventually we left.
- I made reservations for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I made reservations for Valentine's day. We were shown to our table on time, but after that, not a single person came over to wait on us. We waited 25 minutes and then walked out. The table next to us didnt last quite as long, they walked out for being ignored for 15 minutes. We ended up at Fat Cat (down the street) and had terrific service there.
- I've loved Agami's Sushi forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013I've loved Agami's Sushi for quite a while, so I was incredibly disappointed by our most recent visit. I made reservations to take my wife there for their Valentine's Day fixed menu. Since it's a busy day we expected service to be a bit slow. We were at our table for 45 minutes without our waiter ever coming by. Since we only were given water by the bus-boy, we left. On our way out another couple said they wish they'd gotten up and left too. They're food order had been taken an hour ago and still hadn't arrived.Agami ruined a pretty special day for my and my wife. I won't be returning.
- I would recommend this restuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013I would recommend this restuarant for take out or delivery only.
- The wait staff was a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2013The wait staff was a little slow and not on his game. But he was friendly and polite!!! The drinks special were amazing and the sushi was spicy and good. Had three rolls and they were all great. Would got back again!Special Features:
- Always a great sushi option,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/15/2012Always a great sushi option, especially on the north side of the city.
- Four years, and I keep coming back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/3/2012I love sushi and go to other restaurants, but I find I keep coming back to Agami. Great food, service and atmosphere puts it at the top of my list of sushi places to visit.Special Features: