269 Columbus Ave
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.agkitchen.com/
- Phone: 2128739400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Coming soon Dinner: Sunday - Thursd!ay: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Coming soon!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Alex Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A.G. Kitchen is part of The Restaurant Group which caters on and off premise events for parties of 20 to 500. We offer the American and Latin cuisine of A.G. Kitchen as well as casual Italian, French, or any cuisine you desire. Our versatile chefs will prepare an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Our lounge area can be book for private events of up to 30.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Faup 2128739400
A word from AG Kitchen
"Hi there, it's chef Alex Garcia. In my kitchen there are no borders just fun delicious food made from the best ingredients I can get my oven mits on! As a native Cuban I grew-up appreciating the simple joys of food and conviviality centered around the family table, so here at AG Kitchen you'll find the food I enjoy cooking and eating with my friends and family. It's my take on American and Latin classic comfort food. There's my signature ceviches, and other starters and salads, a collection of burgers done my way, a delicious take on Roasted Chicken served Brazilian style, plus a paella style dish for 1 or more and mix and match surf and turf. It's always a dinner party at A.G. Kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
AG Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (13)good for groups (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)special occasion (1)Show More
- Noisy!WeezieVIPDined on 10/17/2014I don't mind noise, but this was loud. Of course, it probably had to do with the fact that there were many children there. The food was good, but not exceptional. I had the crab sliders and the fish tacos. My husband had the ceviche and the paella. It was okay. I don't think I would go back. I can get this food any place else and it would be better.
- Just what we were looking forOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/5/2014Looking for a nice, casual but tasty brunch place on the Upper West Side and this was great.Special Features:
- Very Disappointinglrs3432Dined on 9/23/2014i once had a drink here, and some sort of appetizer, and was really looking forward to going back for dinner. but i'm sorry to say i was very disappointed. i ordered a mojito, which was quite small, weak, and overly sweet. i then ordered the ceviche, which i actually sent back - something i almost never do. the menu says shrimp and lobster. there was no identifiable lobster. even more shocking was finding what appeared to be surimi - the fish that is sometimes passed off as seafood. i pointed it out to the waiter who whisked it away but did not argue, leading me to believe i was right. the plaintains were nice, but it's pretty hard to mess that up. very disappointing.
- avoidcharlieDined on 9/20/2014Went here on a Saturday night - place was packed with children. Every table with the exception of about 3 had any where from an infant to a preteen, if you have kids this is great but as someone who doesn't have children this was not pleasant. ON TOP OF THAT the food was HORRIBLE. Calamari was overly sweet, chicken was dry & had zero flavor. My boyfriend ordered the surf & turf. - lobster was bland, ribs were ICE COLD. Our waitress didn't help to improve the experience. She asked my BF how he wanted his lobster cooked & recommended he get it "medium". THEN when he told her the ribs were cold she said oh that's not so good,no apologies at all. So someone else came out, took the ribs heated them up quick and gave them back. Don't go here.Special Features:
- very good burgersdani63VIPDined on 9/12/2014cooked exactly as you ask them to be cooked. guacamole is fresh and it's a great addition to a neighborhood where culinary choices are limitedSpecial Features:
- Brunch Food - Both Good & BadNYCbruncherVIPDined on 8/29/2014I live in the neighborhood and had walked by AG Kitchen many times and finally decided to give it a try for a Friday lunch with my mom. I started with the A.G. Fiery Bloody, which was quite good and had just the right amount of spiciness. I ordered the Belly Bomb - so delicious that I didn't want to share half with my mom. Unfortunately, my mom ordered the Divorced Eggs, which were pretty horrible. I overheard a lady say the Guacamole was the best she had ever had, so I was disappointed that we did not try it, but I guess there's always next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't take a salad!OrelolivDined on 8/21/2014the positive note is that their burgers are good, tasty and the sizes are generous. the very negative one is that when you take a salad, you will pay $13 for green salad and almost nothing else. it is really disapointing, especially if you are hungry! and it takes about 15 minutes to get this very poor salad....Special Features:
- Enjoyed it with old friends!shushubefDined on 8/17/2014I made a reservation for 4 women who don't see one another often and warned them we had vegans, picky eaters, etc. I didn't mention that we talked a lot and that we wanted to be able to sit and catch up, though. They gave us a booth in the back where we wouldn't bother anyone and pretty much left us alone - all the while making sure the water glasses were filled and plates were cleared! We enjoyed AG Kitchen very much and would recommend it not just for the flavorful food, but for getting out of the way and letting people enjoy one another!Special Features:
- Best burger in NYC?lonneatingDined on 8/14/2014We were recommended this place because "they probably serve the best burgers in NYC". And we didn´t get disappointed! Classical burgers of top quality served with crispy french fries.Special Features:
- not great, no reason to returnnonicknameVIPDined on 8/2/2014A very mediocre Sunday brunch. I should of been a little suspicious when most restaurants had waits and this one was half empty. Very small portions, and a very indifferent waiter makes for a restaurant that you wont go back to. In addition the menu was very weak with only a couple of choices.
- The perfect burgerSwede5Dined on 7/27/2014Reasonably fast and friendly service. Sport television. High noise level. Best burgers so far, very juicy and tasty. Good local beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of Potential, but...michieDined on 7/27/2014On a very hot summer day, the front doors remained opened defeating the purpose of the air conditioners. It was uncomfortably warm in the restaurant. Seated near kitchen which was most distracting. Waiter never asked if we wanted a beverage. The guacamole was one of the best I'd ever had, but served with very commercial chips. The rest of the food was very mediocre - how can you mess up French fries? Will not be going back.Special Features:
- Loved it!ToivoDined on 7/11/2014We had heard AG Kitchen is good but it was better than good! Delicious burgers, fantastic fries and fast service. Would recommend. Thank you guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentUWSResiDined on 7/5/2014The food is always great at AG Kitchen even if the service is sometimes spotty. The decor is bright, the neighborhood is charming & they are fairly accommodating with getting you a table quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great addition to the uwsuwscosmoDined on 7/2/2014Fun atmosphere and very tasty. Great service and nice menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 194 reviews are from the AG Kitchen reviews archive.
- DissappointingIreneDined on 6/22/2014This is my second visit for brunch, the first time was ok. I decided to give it another try thinking that it would be much better. The food again was just okay. Unfortunately, the service was terrible. We received coffee without sugar...had to wait for the waiter to return. Then, we received our food with no utensils. I had to get up twice to ask for utensils because our food was getting cold. Finally 10-15 minutes later they arrived from the hostess. When the waiter finally arrived back at the table, he didn't even acknowledge it. I won't be going back.
- sunshineVIPDined on 6/22/2014a pleasant spot and wonderful for brunch with lots of good choices and lovely presentations and the prices are pretty fair.Special Features:
- Poor service this time.upperwestsideDined on 6/21/2014Poor order service today. The table on either side served before our order arrived. That table ordered burgers. We ordered burgers. the waitress said they wanted to bring all the food out at the same time. We just ordered burgers. When they came out it was all wrong. Wrong side dishes. Instead of leaving what was right, they took everything back. It came back luke warm. The food was good, as it always is. They kept the water flowing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a constant problemOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2014This restaurant is convenient so we keep giving it a shot, but the service is consistently horrible. I do t get it. Either we are ignored or the order is wrong. They need to up their game.
- guacamole trioOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2014What delicious guacamole ... the trio is a bargain and enough for 6 peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014been to this place several times and it's always been a good neighborhood go-to. in terms of the food, i would still say the same thing, but the service was pretty poor. VERY slow and inattentive.Special Features:
- Cute spot, bland foodbeforetheshowDined on 6/5/2014We were meeting friends here before a show and chose it because they took reservations. They had lots of seating and cute decor, but most of our food (milkshakes, hanger steak, burger, salmon) was really boring and bland. The milkshakes sounded amazing but seemed to just be some ice cream/milk with a poor quality sauce poured in. The guac and cocktails were fine and the service was decently fast, though not very attentive--we had no knives and with several of us waving and making eye contact with multiple waiters couldn't get any help. Eventually (almost 10 minutes later) someone went and asked for the knives, which should have come out with food like a steak.Special Features:
- AG Kitchendebsteve1Dined on 6/2/2014We had a really good meal here - love the menu choices. The service was terrible though just as all of the review I had read stated. Sloooowwww and when our server did pop over, he always seemed like he was doing us a favor. We started out with two friends and ended the last hour with just the two of us yet the 5 dirty glasses and napkins left by our friends stayed on the table all through our dinner until we left even though it was obviously cluttering us. The server took our paid check and left - never said thank you or came back despite a 20% tip. Not sure if we will be back although a craving for the Cuban could definitely motivate us. The next time we will try sitting at the bar, maybe the bartenders are friendlier?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty but too loudPeggyDined on 5/24/2014Food was excellent. The Samba chicken was good but the plantains were outstanding. My friend liked her burger and the fries were nice and crisp. Chocolate empanadas were a nice finish to the meal. Lots of other menu options were appealing and I look forward to returning to the restaurant to check out the paella and the ropa vieja. But the noise! We could hardly have a conversation. I'll try to make that return trip at an off hour.Special Features:
- We enjoyed itBubbaVIPDined on 5/24/2014We went here for late brunch. Not too busy and nice enough atmosphere. The menu is pretty eclectic with guacamole, cuban sandwiches and burgers. My son ordered the tummy buster burger which he pronounced "delicious" even without putting on ketchup. I had the mushroom tacos, also pretty good. I can say that the cuban sandwich was huge, but certainly not the best in town. Needs to to hotter. But, overall, we'd go back as a local neighborhood place.Special Features:
- JeffJeffHDined on 5/23/2014Great local spot great service. Food was very goodSpecial Features:
- Just FineKathrynDined on 5/20/2014The food was okay, and pretty quick to be served but overall I wasn't really impressed. I think it was fine for the price but I'm not sure I would go back with so many other restaurants in the area.
- Good food / Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/19/2014The burgers are terrific -- the food is generally very good, but the service may be the slowest in the City. Especially the bar. My husband and I have been many times now and more than once we've been almost done with dinner before we get the drinks we ordered before the food! We've been there on nights where we swear there are only two servers in the whole restaurant.
- BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014The specialty of AF Kitchen are definitely burgers. There are at least a dozen varieties. It seems as though they are very well prepared and quite generous for a very reasonable price. The service was only adequate, but that may have been because I arrived at the transition between the late afternoon lunch service team and the evening dinner team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good FoodRobertVIPDined on 5/15/2014An interesting menu, with very nice and helpful service. Found it by chance on open table and we we not disappointed. Felt welcomed, great choices on the menu, food was delicious. It would be a great choice for pre-theatre at Lincoln Center. It's a welcome stroll after dinner.Special Features:
- StarfishLadyVIPDined on 5/13/2014Best burgers ever! Outstanding guacamole, too! Yum!Special Features:
- Upscale casualUWSiderDined on 5/11/2014A bit expensive for what it is though not outside the limits of what is offered in the neighborhood. Good for kids in that it is loud. Good for parents since they have a full bar! When busy service is slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, moderate foodpriorserverDined on 5/11/2014We made a last-minute reservation, showed up a few minutes early and were seated immediately by the hostess, who was so gracious and energetic. Our server was also fantastic. The food was ok--we all had the divorced eggs with crabcakes, and being from Maryland, we have high standards. I would go back again if I am ever in the area, if only for the excellent service.Special Features:
- Nice spot for pre moviesMiniJBDined on 5/9/2014AG Kitchen had a good variety in both the food and drink menu. Our waiter was very informative and honest (let us know what was great but more importantly what to skip-good to know he cared rather than just selling). I was happy that the light was dimmed rather than bright cafeteria style. I have had a hard time finding restaurants near the movie theatre that are not over priced and average, and AG was a good price point for the level of menu options and quality. The garlic Hollywood fries are also knockout. Get them even if you don't order a burger. I would like to try whatever dish looks like nachos and pizza that shows up on the website. Forgot to ask what it was but it looked delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst CubanoSouthOrangeDinerDined on 5/1/2014I gt the Cubano which looked like the bread was hotdog buns. The bread was limp even though it had been cooked on the flat top. the cheese had melted and disappeared into the bread - not in a good way- and it tasted like nothing with a hammy aftertaste. The roasted pork was one thin slice and it was dry, hard and had no flavor. At all. I eat cubanos all the time and they have great flavor, the pork is well spiced juicy, certainly equal to the ham. This sandwich was beyond lame. My husband got the wild mushroom tacos which were supposed to have huitlacoche. They were crimini and button mushrooms, very disappointing. He liked his tuna burger, but wasn't wowed. Maybe other things on the menu are better but my dinner was a poor.Special Features:
- Will be back!HappydinerDined on 4/12/2014We visited AG Kitchen for the first time on a Saturday night and were very pleased with the restaurant. I scanned the plates that were being delivered to nearby tables before we ordered, and everything looked (and smelled) great. After visiting with our waiter about favorite dishes, I ordered the Manhattan Latin burger, and my husband ordered fish tacos. Both of us were very pleased with our selections. I chose the Manhattan Latin because it had guacamole on it, and our waiter said they were famous for it. I wasn't disappointed! Had a glass of white sangria to go with my meal, which was very good also. We will definitely be back soon to try some of the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to done with teenagersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2014I took three teenage girls here before a concert at the Beacon. I at really delicious food while they got burgers and milkshakes. The guacamole was amazing -- very fresh. The girls raved about the shakes and burgers. I had the take 2 with grilled lobster and shrimp and chimichurri. All delicious. The girls had dessert. They went crazy for the Banana Mania. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Great place for a burger and a drink. Service was a little slow but only occasionally, burgers and drinks were great. Overall a very solid 4 out of 5.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert dinneronly1bcDined on 4/2/2014We arrived on time and were seated promptly. Wait staff was very friendly, and accommodated our request for quick kitchen turn-around, due to concert tickets. Food was very good, and served in an attractive manner. Would definitely go back again, when the opportunity presents itself.Special Features:
- Nice SceneDCNineVIPDined on 3/29/2014They have a fun and tasty brunch lunch menu. It is a local place so there are older people and some strollers. The tables can be a bit close, but overall it was a fun dining experience.Special Features: