269 Columbus Ave
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.agkitchen.com/
- Phone: 2128739400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Coming soon Dinner: Sunday - Thursd!ay: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Coming soon!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Alex Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A.G. Kitchen is part of The Restaurant Group which caters on and off premise events for parties of 20 to 500. We offer the American and Latin cuisine of A.G. Kitchen as well as casual Italian, French, or any cuisine you desire. Our versatile chefs will prepare an unforgettable experience for you and your guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Our lounge area can be book for private events of up to 30.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Faup 2128739400
A word from AG Kitchen
"Hi there, it's chef Alex Garcia. In my kitchen there are no borders just fun delicious food made from the best ingredients I can get my oven mits on! As a native Cuban I grew-up appreciating the simple joys of food and conviviality centered around the family table, so here at AG Kitchen you'll find the food I enjoy cooking and eating with my friends and family. It's my take on American and Latin classic comfort food. There's my signature ceviches, and other starters and salads, a collection of burgers done my way, a delicious take on Roasted Chicken served Brazilian style, plus a paella style dish for 1 or more and mix and match surf and turf. It's always a dinner party at A.G. Kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
AG Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)kid-friendly (14)great for lunch (13)good for groups (11)great for brunch (10)fit for foodies (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- don't take a salad!OrelolivDined on 8/21/2014the positive note is that their burgers are good, tasty and the sizes are generous. the very negative one is that when you take a salad, you will pay $13 for green salad and almost nothing else. it is really disapointing, especially if you are hungry! and it takes about 15 minutes to get this very poor salad....Special Features:
- Enjoyed it with old friends!shushubefDined on 8/17/2014I made a reservation for 4 women who don't see one another often and warned them we had vegans, picky eaters, etc. I didn't mention that we talked a lot and that we wanted to be able to sit and catch up, though. They gave us a booth in the back where we wouldn't bother anyone and pretty much left us alone - all the while making sure the water glasses were filled and plates were cleared! We enjoyed AG Kitchen very much and would recommend it not just for the flavorful food, but for getting out of the way and letting people enjoy one another!Special Features:
- Best burger in NYC?lonneatingDined on 8/14/2014We were recommended this place because "they probably serve the best burgers in NYC". And we didn´t get disappointed! Classical burgers of top quality served with crispy french fries.Special Features:
- not great, no reason to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014A very mediocre Sunday brunch. I should of been a little suspicious when most restaurants had waits and this one was half empty. Very small portions, and a very indifferent waiter makes for a restaurant that you wont go back to. In addition the menu was very weak with only a couple of choices.
- The perfect burgerSwede5Dined on 7/27/2014Reasonably fast and friendly service. Sport television. High noise level. Best burgers so far, very juicy and tasty. Good local beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of Potential, but...michieDined on 7/27/2014On a very hot summer day, the front doors remained opened defeating the purpose of the air conditioners. It was uncomfortably warm in the restaurant. Seated near kitchen which was most distracting. Waiter never asked if we wanted a beverage. The guacamole was one of the best I'd ever had, but served with very commercial chips. The rest of the food was very mediocre - how can you mess up French fries? Will not be going back.Special Features:
- Loved it!ToivoDined on 7/11/2014We had heard AG Kitchen is good but it was better than good! Delicious burgers, fantastic fries and fast service. Would recommend. Thank you guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentUWSResiDined on 7/5/2014The food is always great at AG Kitchen even if the service is sometimes spotty. The decor is bright, the neighborhood is charming & they are fairly accommodating with getting you a table quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great addition to the uwsuwscosmoDined on 7/2/2014Fun atmosphere and very tasty. Great service and nice menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointingIreneDined on 6/22/2014This is my second visit for brunch, the first time was ok. I decided to give it another try thinking that it would be much better. The food again was just okay. Unfortunately, the service was terrible. We received coffee without sugar...had to wait for the waiter to return. Then, we received our food with no utensils. I had to get up twice to ask for utensils because our food was getting cold. Finally 10-15 minutes later they arrived from the hostess. When the waiter finally arrived back at the table, he didn't even acknowledge it. I won't be going back.
- sunshineVIPDined on 6/22/2014a pleasant spot and wonderful for brunch with lots of good choices and lovely presentations and the prices are pretty fair.Special Features:
- Poor service this time.upperwestsideDined on 6/21/2014Poor order service today. The table on either side served before our order arrived. That table ordered burgers. We ordered burgers. the waitress said they wanted to bring all the food out at the same time. We just ordered burgers. When they came out it was all wrong. Wrong side dishes. Instead of leaving what was right, they took everything back. It came back luke warm. The food was good, as it always is. They kept the water flowing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a constant problemOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2014This restaurant is convenient so we keep giving it a shot, but the service is consistently horrible. I do t get it. Either we are ignored or the order is wrong. They need to up their game.
- guacamole trioOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2014What delicious guacamole ... the trio is a bargain and enough for 6 peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014been to this place several times and it's always been a good neighborhood go-to. in terms of the food, i would still say the same thing, but the service was pretty poor. VERY slow and inattentive.Special Features:
- Cute spot, bland foodbeforetheshowDined on 6/5/2014We were meeting friends here before a show and chose it because they took reservations. They had lots of seating and cute decor, but most of our food (milkshakes, hanger steak, burger, salmon) was really boring and bland. The milkshakes sounded amazing but seemed to just be some ice cream/milk with a poor quality sauce poured in. The guac and cocktails were fine and the service was decently fast, though not very attentive--we had no knives and with several of us waving and making eye contact with multiple waiters couldn't get any help. Eventually (almost 10 minutes later) someone went and asked for the knives, which should have come out with food like a steak.Special Features:
- AG Kitchendebsteve1Dined on 6/2/2014We had a really good meal here - love the menu choices. The service was terrible though just as all of the review I had read stated. Sloooowwww and when our server did pop over, he always seemed like he was doing us a favor. We started out with two friends and ended the last hour with just the two of us yet the 5 dirty glasses and napkins left by our friends stayed on the table all through our dinner until we left even though it was obviously cluttering us. The server took our paid check and left - never said thank you or came back despite a 20% tip. Not sure if we will be back although a craving for the Cuban could definitely motivate us. The next time we will try sitting at the bar, maybe the bartenders are friendlier?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty but too loudPeggyDined on 5/24/2014Food was excellent. The Samba chicken was good but the plantains were outstanding. My friend liked her burger and the fries were nice and crisp. Chocolate empanadas were a nice finish to the meal. Lots of other menu options were appealing and I look forward to returning to the restaurant to check out the paella and the ropa vieja. But the noise! We could hardly have a conversation. I'll try to make that return trip at an off hour.Special Features:
- We enjoyed itBubbaVIPDined on 5/24/2014We went here for late brunch. Not too busy and nice enough atmosphere. The menu is pretty eclectic with guacamole, cuban sandwiches and burgers. My son ordered the tummy buster burger which he pronounced "delicious" even without putting on ketchup. I had the mushroom tacos, also pretty good. I can say that the cuban sandwich was huge, but certainly not the best in town. Needs to to hotter. But, overall, we'd go back as a local neighborhood place.Special Features:
- JeffJeffHDined on 5/23/2014Great local spot great service. Food was very goodSpecial Features:
- Just FineKathrynDined on 5/20/2014The food was okay, and pretty quick to be served but overall I wasn't really impressed. I think it was fine for the price but I'm not sure I would go back with so many other restaurants in the area.
- Good food / Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/19/2014The burgers are terrific -- the food is generally very good, but the service may be the slowest in the City. Especially the bar. My husband and I have been many times now and more than once we've been almost done with dinner before we get the drinks we ordered before the food! We've been there on nights where we swear there are only two servers in the whole restaurant.
- BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014The specialty of AF Kitchen are definitely burgers. There are at least a dozen varieties. It seems as though they are very well prepared and quite generous for a very reasonable price. The service was only adequate, but that may have been because I arrived at the transition between the late afternoon lunch service team and the evening dinner team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good FoodRobertVIPDined on 5/15/2014An interesting menu, with very nice and helpful service. Found it by chance on open table and we we not disappointed. Felt welcomed, great choices on the menu, food was delicious. It would be a great choice for pre-theatre at Lincoln Center. It's a welcome stroll after dinner.Special Features:
- StarfishLadyVIPDined on 5/13/2014Best burgers ever! Outstanding guacamole, too! Yum!Special Features:
- Upscale casualUWSiderDined on 5/11/2014A bit expensive for what it is though not outside the limits of what is offered in the neighborhood. Good for kids in that it is loud. Good for parents since they have a full bar! When busy service is slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, moderate foodpriorserverDined on 5/11/2014We made a last-minute reservation, showed up a few minutes early and were seated immediately by the hostess, who was so gracious and energetic. Our server was also fantastic. The food was ok--we all had the divorced eggs with crabcakes, and being from Maryland, we have high standards. I would go back again if I am ever in the area, if only for the excellent service.Special Features:
- Nice spot for pre moviesMiniJBDined on 5/9/2014AG Kitchen had a good variety in both the food and drink menu. Our waiter was very informative and honest (let us know what was great but more importantly what to skip-good to know he cared rather than just selling). I was happy that the light was dimmed rather than bright cafeteria style. I have had a hard time finding restaurants near the movie theatre that are not over priced and average, and AG was a good price point for the level of menu options and quality. The garlic Hollywood fries are also knockout. Get them even if you don't order a burger. I would like to try whatever dish looks like nachos and pizza that shows up on the website. Forgot to ask what it was but it looked delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 175 reviews are from the AG Kitchen reviews archive.
- Worst CubanoSouthOrangeDinerDined on 5/1/2014I gt the Cubano which looked like the bread was hotdog buns. The bread was limp even though it had been cooked on the flat top. the cheese had melted and disappeared into the bread - not in a good way- and it tasted like nothing with a hammy aftertaste. The roasted pork was one thin slice and it was dry, hard and had no flavor. At all. I eat cubanos all the time and they have great flavor, the pork is well spiced juicy, certainly equal to the ham. This sandwich was beyond lame. My husband got the wild mushroom tacos which were supposed to have huitlacoche. They were crimini and button mushrooms, very disappointing. He liked his tuna burger, but wasn't wowed. Maybe other things on the menu are better but my dinner was a poor.Special Features:
- Will be back!HappydinerDined on 4/12/2014We visited AG Kitchen for the first time on a Saturday night and were very pleased with the restaurant. I scanned the plates that were being delivered to nearby tables before we ordered, and everything looked (and smelled) great. After visiting with our waiter about favorite dishes, I ordered the Manhattan Latin burger, and my husband ordered fish tacos. Both of us were very pleased with our selections. I chose the Manhattan Latin because it had guacamole on it, and our waiter said they were famous for it. I wasn't disappointed! Had a glass of white sangria to go with my meal, which was very good also. We will definitely be back soon to try some of the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to done with teenagersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2014I took three teenage girls here before a concert at the Beacon. I at really delicious food while they got burgers and milkshakes. The guacamole was amazing -- very fresh. The girls raved about the shakes and burgers. I had the take 2 with grilled lobster and shrimp and chimichurri. All delicious. The girls had dessert. They went crazy for the Banana Mania. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Great place for a burger and a drink. Service was a little slow but only occasionally, burgers and drinks were great. Overall a very solid 4 out of 5.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert dinneronly1bcDined on 4/2/2014We arrived on time and were seated promptly. Wait staff was very friendly, and accommodated our request for quick kitchen turn-around, due to concert tickets. Food was very good, and served in an attractive manner. Would definitely go back again, when the opportunity presents itself.Special Features:
- Nice SceneDCNineVIPDined on 3/29/2014They have a fun and tasty brunch lunch menu. It is a local place so there are older people and some strollers. The tables can be a bit close, but overall it was a fun dining experience.Special Features:
- Good for brunchYumYumVIPDined on 3/23/2014But NOT for dinner. Do not fail to make reservations for brunch or you'll be waiting a long time. Also ask for the patio -- it's much quieter.
- Could be better.dineoutlessandlessDined on 3/23/2014I like AG Kitchen. It's close, kinda hip w/decent food. However, food is just ok. Egg white omelet watery and tepid. Quac was exceptional though. Good service. Food just needs an overall lift! We weren't feeling burned by this place, but just so so.Special Features:
- First time visit. Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2014First time visit. Great food and service. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice addition to the neighborhoodsunshineVIPDined on 3/19/2014a nice addition to the neighborhood although the menu is rather small and limiting. a good place to have a real conversation at lunchtime is a treat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceTheswedesDined on 3/10/2014We had this place recommended from a blog and as we we're staying in the neighbourhood we decided to give it a try. It was great the service was excellent and the food as well. We tried their guacamole trio, which was perfect for 5 people, extra nachos was brought whwn the first lot was finished. The burgers was the best, juicy and oerfectly cooked. Will definately go here again next time we are in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time AroundChoc0Dined on 3/7/2014Second visit was not too bad but I guess it depends on your server and who is mixing the drinks. I had Moscow Mule which was too limey. It tasted mainly of lime. But like I said, it depends on who is serving you on that day. First time definitely better. Will see what happens on my third visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.