Afternoon Tea at the Briarwood Inn
1630 8th Street
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
Afternoon TeaPrice: $30 and under
Afternoon Tea at the Briarwood Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://thebriarwoodinn.com/
- Phone: (303) 279-3121
- Hours of Operation:
Afternoon Tea: Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Afternoon Tea
- Executive Chef: Tom Morris
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether it's tea for two,a romantic interlude,an outing with the girls, a shower for the bride to be or expectant mother, The Briarwood Inn will always strive to accommodate your personal needs and make your afternoon tea a memorable occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy Reeves 3032793121
- Special Events: Join us for a special Halloween Witches Tea. Featuring fun and delicious tea trays inspired by Halloween. Witches hat and costumes welcome and encouraged! SATURDAY SEPT 29th from 11-2 pm.
A word from Afternoon Tea at the Briarwood Inn
Experience the elegance of afternoon tea at the award wining Briarwood Inn. For over 30 years one of Colorado's finest dining traditions. Nestled in the foothills of Golden, The Briarwood Inn offers classic dining amidst the grandeur of old world charm and European ambiance. Our tea menu offers a selection of teas from around the globe, freshly baked scones, soup du jour, warm flakey tartletts, an array of savories and tea sandwiches. Your afternoon is completed with homemade sweets, and a refreshing fruit sorbet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Afternoon Tea at the Briarwood Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
- Beautiful but tasted badFoodLoverDined on 7/5/2014This place has soooo much potential. I absolutely LOVED the ambiance, the multiple courses brought out for brunch, the tea was outstanding. The food, while it looked great - tasted horrible. It was as though it was a frozen meal heated up. If they could change their recipes into something tasty - I'd be here every week. It was beautiful. The champagne drink with a flower in it was awesome & tasted great. The lobster bisque, quiche’s, etc. - were not good. Even their scones tasted like they were from a box. If they fixed the food - they'd beat out the brown palace tea time every time.Special Features:
- special timesHappydinerDined on 12/14/2013Our waitress seemed to be a bit flustered, we waved her down after waiting about 15 minutes and nobody acknowledged us. Her response was flustered as well, stating that they had seated us and didn't tell her. (she had walked past us several times however) The place was Beautifully decorated, the food was great! I had requested a table by the fire place and was delighted that my request was honored! The waitress did become friendlier :) . Will definetely make this holiday tea a annual tradition!.Special Features:
- My husband and I enjoyed AfternoonHonuVIPDined on 9/7/2013My husband and I enjoyed Afternoon Tea.....felt like we were in England. Scones were delicious - followed by soup and "finger sandwiches". Enjoyed a delicious, leisurely meal. You have your choice of numerous teas. Sweets also included. Wonderful, relaxing afternoon. Time to reflect and talk to each other while enjoying delicious food. Plenty to take home for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJaneDined on 6/15/2013Our tea was fantastic. Hardly any customers. We were very surprised, it is usually crowded. Maybe Father's Day made it slow. Our waiter was great. Will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful spot for Tea. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2013Wonderful spot for Tea. We really enjoyed ourselves. A person in our party was 45 minutes late and they could not have been nicer about it. They were great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Open Table reservation?ham89sneDined on 5/4/2013I made a reservation through Open Table and got 2 confirmations via email but when I arrived at the restaurant the hostess said she had no reservation! She said are you sure that you made reservations here? This bothered me. She asked us to wait in the bar and, when she came out, I showed her the confirmation on my phone and she said "oh, it is today's date!". I was concerned as it said reservations were required for the tea. She, then, reassured me that it was no problem and we got a wonderful table. It was a birthday celebration for a 13 year old and the waiter was wonderful. He even brought out some extra desserts with a candle for her. I would had rated the whole experience higher if there wasn't the reservation issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely tea at thegailbroDined on 2/23/2013We had a lovely tea at the Briarwood. The food was good, the ambiance wonderful, the service excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/29/2012Wonderful time at High Tea...will definitely do again. Liked it better than the High Tea at the Brown Palace Hotel. The restaurant was decorated beautifully for the holidays. A fun time was had by all in our partySpecial Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2012We thoroughly enjoyed the Saturday afternoon tea! The food was very good and filling with soup, quiche, selection of sandwiches and desserts. The service was also very attentive. The Briarwood has great ambiance! I continue to have the Briarwood at the top of my list for Tea!Special Features:
- Waitress needed more training,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2012Waitress needed more training, food not traditional tea fare, over priced
- The food was terrible. ThejessiejamesDined on 5/12/2012The food was terrible. The scones were like muffins and the rest was just poor quality. Very disappointing. We usually go to the Brown Palace and from now on will only go there.
- Everything was just lovely,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2012Everything was just lovely, so elegant! Would love it if the price was lower. High tea always seems over-priced no matter where I go but this experience is stellar!Special Features:
- Afternoon Tea Baby ShowerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012We went to the Briarwood for a baby shower. The staff was very accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed for afternoon tea. The atmosphere was very appropriate for tea. The piped in music was a little lame. They would have been better off sticking to purely classical and skipping the easy listening but this is just a minor complaint and obviously more musical preference. The food was mainly good. A couple of the tea sandwiches were a bit dry but the little cakes and chocolates were delicious.Special Features:
- Bring a friend or this will be badOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2012I really enjoy drinking tea and talking with friends.Special Features:
- Our visit was for Christmas.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/10/2011Our visit was for Christmas. It was crowded and we felt a bit rushed. But overall still a great experience
- To start beautiful ambiance.ImhungryDined on 12/3/2011To start beautiful ambiance. The food was delicious,variety of food was more than we expected. The service was impeccable. Yes we will return again and again and again.Special Features:
- Quaint little spot for afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2011Quaint little spot for afternoon tea and all the works.
- This is a fun place. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2011This is a fun place. The deserts were phenomenal but the undercooked shrimp in the soup took it down a bit. Overall a very nice way to spend an hour.Special Features:
- Food was inspired and creative,NeutDined on 10/22/2011Food was inspired and creative, with a spooky Halloween theme and autumn produce. Fantastic pumpkin soup! Waitress was friendly and helpful. The experience makes me want to go for dinner. The only off note was when the Hostess was reluctant to accomodate our request for one of several open booths, but she complied.Special Features:
- We have always spent our Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2011We have always spent our Mother's Day Tea at the Brown Palace. We were unable to get in this year (we normally book months in advance). We didn't call in time this year. We then decided to give the Briarwood a try this year. It was wonderful! The only thing that the Brown Palace had over the Briarwood would be that a Champagne Kir Royal was not part of the Tea. I think this should be part of it. At least give a Champagne to the Mothers on Mother's Day. That was the only thing I'd change. Everything else was fantastic.Special Features:
- I took my daughters thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2011I took my daughters there for tea to celebrate their birthdays. The food was excellent(we even had to take some home as we couldn't finish it all) and our pots were kept filled with tea. All in all a wonderful afternoon!Special Features:
- Our group of five went toVancoreDined on 7/31/2010Our group of five went to Afternoon Tea, and it was really nice. There were lots of delicious sandwiches pastries and quiches to eat...you won't go away hungry! The soup the day we went was Gazpacho and it was pretty good. We also ordered a bottle of champagne as we were celebrating our friend's birthday. They have a pretty extensive wine selection and I was able to make a good choice for our table. We all had a wonderful time and would go again for tea.Special Features:
- On a whim, we decided to driveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/10/2010On a whim, we decided to drive out to Golden for a relaxing afternoon tea/snack after wanting to check out the Briarwood Inn for some time. We made our OpenTable reservation and immediately headed out to catch the last seating (tea service stops around 2:30pm), and we were very glad we did. The staff was very friendly and attentive, and each course was more delicious than the next. From the white asparagus soup to the variety of savory finger sandwiches and petit pastries to the pomegranate sorbet to finish off the meal, we were thrilled with the exceptional quality of food and lovely ambiance at the Briarwood. It's worth noting that enough food is served for a lunch meal, we left satisfied (full, but not stuffed), will definitely return!Special Features:
- I love dinner at the Briarwood,MrsOllieDined on 2/13/2010I love dinner at the Briarwood, and afternoon tea does not disappoint either. The service was excellent, the food was excellent, the dessert was excellent. Although the price range lends itself better to special occasions, afternoon tea with the girls was a winner for our group!Special Features:
- In the beautifully decoratedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/23/2010In the beautifully decorated main roon, we were allowed to enjoy our tea at a very leisurely pace. We had an absolutely delightful afternoon, enjoying everything to the last crumb and drop of tea.Special Features:
- What a lovely way to spendOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/2/2010What a lovely way to spend an afternoon having Tea at the Briarwood Inn. The food and the presentation was wonderful and the restaurant was still beautifully decorated for the holidays.Special Features:
- The Briarwood Inn AfternoonLuanDined on 11/14/2009The Briarwood Inn Afternoon Tea is "fun" for celebrating a "friends" birthday!Special Features:
- We hosted a baby shower andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2009We hosted a baby shower and had a wonderful experience. The high quality teas, housemade pastries and petit fours, tartlets, tea sandwhiches were gorgeous. This tea also comes with a soup course! The service was tops and the atmosphere perfect. This is an experience not to be missed.Special Features: