235 Healdsburg Ave
Healdsburg, CA 95448Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.affrontihealdsburg.com/
- Phone: 7074311113
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday - Friday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM
Wine + Food Pairings/Dinner:
Friday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM, Saturday: 11:30AM - 9:00PM
Sunday: 10:30AM - 3:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jude Affronti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Affronti is devoted to making your next get together memorable. Our per person pre-set menus and flat rate platters make planning easy as well as affordable; customized menu planning available as well.
- Entertainment: Check our web site for listings. Live Jazz every week for Sunday Brunch. Periodic Weekend Live Music featuring Jazz, Blues, Rock, Folk, Latin and Alternative.
A word from Affronti
Affronti offers 10+ wines by the glass, wine flights with paired bites and creative sake & wine aperitif cocktails. The small plates menu takes inspiration from the traditions of the Mediterranean (in particular Italy, France & Spain but also North Africa, Greece and the Middle East) and uses local, seasonal ingredients of the highest quality to offer fresh, flavorful, modern, Wine Country cuisine. Affronti has established a reputation as a fun, hip, comfortable venue for tasting wines from Sonoma County and around the world. Chef/Owner Jude Affronti is known for his artisan, ‘scratch’ cooking; stocks to sauces, pastries to pate, we do it the old fashioned way. In addition to serving Lunch, Dinner and Sunday Brunch, we offer Private Events, both on- and off-site. The full menu is available at the Bar, in the Lounge as well as in the lush, outdoor Courtyard. Affronti satisfies all your senses; beyond food and wine, we rotate work by local artists and offer live music every Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Affronti reviews from OpenTable diners
- Affronti is no longer in operation.SeanMcDVIPDined on 1/11/2013Affronti is no longer in operation. But Open Table still takes reservations for this restaurant. Suggest remove Affronti from your list of restaurants in Healdsburg CA
- For some reason this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2012For some reason this place felt too unpopulated on a beautiful Sunday morning. It might be the brunch selections - the food was good but not great. Same with the service - he'd do what we motioned him over to do, but he never asked if we wanted more coffee or water. On the plus side, there was nice jazz and outdoor seating, and the price was reasonable.Special Features:
- Ok for Wine and SnacksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012Nice place -- however food offerings were lacking -- advertised as a Tapas location, in actuality, it's a bit light for Tapas...more like snacks. Wine was good -- Prosecco was very good Server was attentive and engaging -- however throughout most of the evening we were the only people in the store Recommendation: Plan for nothing more than wine and snacks -- if you need more sustance, recommend trying Vin or BaciSpecial Features:
- Uncomfortable chairs, frigidAuPifDined on 5/5/2012Uncomfortable chairs, frigid air conditioning on a cool evening and pre-made, reheated food. We won't be back.
- service? what service?OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 4/27/2012I probably needed to RTFM, but I didn't realize Affronti is mostly a small (and limited) plate place. That said, the bites were tasty. The atmosphere is very casual (almost coffee cafe style). Service is very hard to rate as there was none really to speak of. It was probably just misplaced expectations. They indicated and we expected table service. But we hardly received any.Special Features:
- I chose Affronti because theyLoveswine59VIPDined on 3/24/2012I chose Affronti because they offered small plates. We enjoyed some good local wine, but the quality of the food was disappointing. The restaurant was cozy, but only two tables were full for lunch on a Saturday. We all agreed that the crespelle with kale and squash was the best dish that we tried. None of the meat dishes were home runs.Special Features:
- Good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2012great service and food. I don't quite understand why it is so lonely.Special Features:
- This is sort of a modifiedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/17/2012This is sort of a modified tapas place - serves small plates and wine. Good for a small meal and some nice drinks. Lovely patio which is separate from the street (courtyard). Not fit for a big meal or if you are really hungry, but good food, decent prices, nice wine.Special Features:
- We made our reservation basedNiRodVIPDined on 3/3/2012We made our reservation based on the menu on their website, which turns out had been changed (we made our reservation 4 days in advance, not weeks). Affronti had some very good qualities, but we didn't enjoy it as much because we were stunned by the menu (only small plates basically). Also, considering it was Barrel Tasting Weekend, the restaurant was very dead at 7 pm on Saturday.
- Affronti has a short menu,CleanyourplateVIPDined on 3/2/2012Affronti has a short menu, and that may be its biggest issue. The food is good, the wine list is also short, but interesting. Service and the room (as well as a lovely little patio) are inviting.Special Features:
- Love the Flights and Bites!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/18/2012This was our second trip to Healdsburg, and we had eaten at Affronti the last time and I couldn't wait to go back. We were not disappointed! We love the small plates, especially when paired with perfect wines in the "Flights and Bites" section of the menu. Between my parents and my hubby, we each sampled a different one of the flights and were all more than impressed. The beef empanadas and pumpkin crespelle were particularly delicious. In addition, we ordered a couple more small plates as well as the duck cassoulet. The duck meat was divine. Dessert, as you would imagine, didn't disappoint. At the end of our meal, chef/owner Jude came out to check on us--such a nice gesture, and made us feel as if we were in his living room. Eat here!Special Features:
- AvoidOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/4/2012Had the wine flights and food pairings. Mushrooms dry, dry, dry, and seemed like it was heated in a microwave. Hummas on a cracker that was soggy due to being pre-made. The duck rillettes were also pre-made and dried out..didn't even eat it. When the waiter asked why I didn't eat it I told him it was dried out. He told me that was because I left it sitting on the plate. Really? I'm a trained chef and now I guess i don't know when something was dried out upon arrival! It was a very busy Saturday night in Healdsburg and this place had parties at two tables, including us. Should have been a clue.
- Affronti was a BIG disappointment.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/4/2012Affronti was a BIG disappointment. They have changed their menu to be a wine bar with munchies. The menu is VERY limited. We were able to find enough to get us through, but it was definitely not the experience we have had before. I don't see them making it.
- We were very happy to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/26/2011We were very happy to have stumbled across this restaurant, with its innovative, interesting and delicious food. The service was great, the chef-owner came out to talk to us after our meal, and we were happy with almost everything. It was a little strange how empty the place was, however. We were one of two tables at dinner and one at brunch the next day. Affronti is a little hard to find, but we really can't understand why there was no one there. At least it's easy to get a reservation.Special Features:
- wonderful, inventive food!otgalVIPDined on 11/20/2011wonderful, inventive food! lovely light jazzy music by chris foley and friend was a wonderful accompaniment.Special Features:
- It made for a great startOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2011It made for a great start to a wonderful Saturday afternoon.Special Features:
- The menu was limited and notLifeisGoodDined on 11/11/2011The menu was limited and not at all what we expected from a Mediterranean restaurant. The best part was the artisan cheese appetizer. Our waiter had very little knowledge of the menu but he was friendly enough to want to get answers to our questions.Special Features:
- We weren't blown away, yetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2011We weren't blown away, yet we quite enjoyed the fare. The cheese filled pepper was to die for, yet the African chicken was a puny and quite funky in taste, though I do have a less adventurous palate than many. What I thinked we liked most was the open Pateo, which lends itself to a very laid back and warm vibe.Special Features:
- Tucked away off the beatenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2011Tucked away off the beaten path, our experience at Affronti was wonderful. The food and service was outstanding. The outside courtyard made for wonderful ambiance. When the evening chill came upon us, they turned on the outdoor heaters. We will be back!Special Features:
- A perfect place for our FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2011A perfect place for our Friday night. Great wine list and delicious food!Special Features:
- Great Potential -- by almost empty!GerpVIPDined on 10/7/2011This place has great potential but some serious flaws. The food was excellent as was the setting both inside and outside. However, the posted menu did not match what was actually on the menu inside. Several items on the actual menu were not available. The most serious flaw is lack of marketing. There was only one other couple inside and only a few people outside on a Friday night. The location is off the main street not far from Healdsburg Square, but it is not visible and a bit confusing to enter through the courtyard. Our waitress was good, but it was really a shame that no one is paying attention creating a vibrant atmosphere with customers.Special Features:
- They were out of three ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2011They were out of three of the wines we chose. The one recommended by the waiter was not good either. The appetizer was bad, the entrees were worse. I would not recommend this place to anyone...terrible.
- They double charged me andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2011They double charged me and I am still trying to get my money that was over charged back. Nice out door seating and service was friendly.Special Features:
- Great food but tables areTrayVIPDined on 8/27/2011Great food but tables are just a little close together in the outside area. Neighbors were chatty and we wanted to celebrate our wedding Anniversary privately. Otherwise great food and wine.Special Features:
- Relaxing and delicious lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2011Great outdoor setting. Service was outstanding. Fresh and varied menu. Wine flight of local favorites was very good.Special Features:
- stuffed eggs too cold warmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2011stuffed eggs too cold warm octopus good crespelle ai (pepperoni?)heavy tomato sauce overpowered nicoise sparse and some lettuce rotted loud couple seated adjacent table in otherwise empty patio
- Quiet, out- of- the- way location.MommaDDined on 8/13/2011Quiet, out- of- the- way location. Live music in outside patio area left my husband and I just about the only customers inside...which was perfect. We just wanted to sit and reconnect and not have to shout to be heard. Food was delicious. Owner stopped by to check-in with us and make certain everything was meeting our expectations. Nice place.Special Features:
- the sea bass was good butdeliciousDined on 8/6/2011the sea bass was good but the vegetarian lasagna wayyyy overcooked and actually burnt!!Special Features:
- All's Quiet on the Western Front!VincenzaVIPDined on 8/4/2011We had dinner on a Thursday evening, the first week of August. Our food was very good, waitress cheerful and helpful, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was eating in a "ghost town!" Hardly anyone was there! I like a quiet restaurant like the next guy, but this was a little too empty. Hopefully, this review will help pick up business and Affront will fill up their lovely outdoor seating area for dinner on a week night as they deserve.Special Features:
- My wife and I had a very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2011My wife and I had a very enjoyable dinner and especially liked the small plates. We were able to sample multiple dishes and enjoyed all of them. It was a fun and delicious experience and the service was superb.Special Features:
- We were delighted by our mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/2/2011We were delighted by our meal at Affronti. We walked into their beautiful courtyard with three tired children in tow. When I looked at the sophisticated menu I thought, "It looks great for me, but what will the kids eat?" The waiter cheerfully offered to modify the roast chicken to be kid-friendly and the result was three happy children eating a much healthier meal than the usual kids-menu fare. Meanwhile my husband and I enjoyed our dishes, mine was a deliciously light salad with the sweetest fresh cherries, as well as the lovely wines.Special Features:
- We chose Affronti the nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2011We chose Affronti the night before dining for an anniversary dinner. The greeter told us there would be a wedding party starting towards the end of our dinner. We were grateful for the warning because the quiet time immediately became too much once it started. Still the service was attentive, the food showed care in the preparation, and the wine recommendations were helpful; all which made for a very good start to our weekend celebration.Special Features:
- We have been on a missionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/27/2011We have been on a mission to check out all the places in Healdsburg and this was one of the ones we had missed since they are kind of hidden off the street in a new office building. The place is stark and somewhat sterile, sort of warehouse looking with sheetmetal and AC ducts about. Small only seating about 40 inside, limited menu,offering small portions. My wife ordered fish papillote which is suppose to keep the juices inside by steaming with aromatics. It arrived dry and unseasoned probably because the bag had been ripped during the cooking. I had the mussels which were good and tasty served with grilled bread. Decent local moderately priced wine list, service was ok, the best part of the meal was the coffee.Special Features:
- Why Bother?ThomasVIPDined on 5/21/2011Lunch menu is limited to appetisers and sandwiches. There are a total of five diners and one child there during the time we were seated. The whole restaurant is an after-thought!