Affresco Pizzeria & Lounge
11 N. Northwest Highway
Park Ridge, IL 53638Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Affresco Pizzeria & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.affrescopizzeria.com/
- Phone: 8472920233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:Tuesday - Friday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM Sunday:10:00AM - 4:00PM. Dinner:Monday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM Friday & Saturday: 4:00PM - 11:00PM Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Sergio Lazzara
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Affresco Pizzeria/Lounge would like to welcome you to our catering program. We offer catering packages to fit all of your needs. From family style dinners to individually packed "lunch boxes," we have what you hunger after. From parties of 5 to 500, no job is too small or too large. Affresco is a full service caterer. We specialize in catering business luncheons/dinners, as well as, small and large scale private events. Before placing your order call and speak with Monica or Sergio. We have special offerings throughout the year. We want to make sure you get the best arrangement.
- Private Party Facilities: At Affresco Pizzeria/Lounge we offer a seasonal menu, serving only the best and freshest ingredients available. We are proud to serve fresh cheeses, pizza dough, pastas and sauces that are all homemade from scratch, every day. Our pizzas are Sicilian style thin crust, all made to order.
- Private Party Contact: Sergio Lazzara 8472920233
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment on select Friday and Saturday Evenings Affresco also hosts many special events throughout the year, including: Wine Dinners Prix-Fixe Menu Dinners Cooking Classes Wine Making Classes Holiday Parties and much more! Please visit our website or call for additional information.
- Cross Street: N Prospect Ave.
- Public Transit: The Northwest Line of the Metra stops 1 block from Affresco "Park Ridge" Bus access from Touhy or Northwest Highway
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Our private lot is located off Prospect Avenue, just 1/2 block North of the Touhy/Northwest Highway Intersection. Additional parking can be found on the South Side of Northwest Highway or in the adjacent public lot.
A word from Affresco Pizzeria & Lounge
AFFRESCO Pizzeria / Lounge CIAO! Welcome to Affresco Pizzeria/Lounge. We offer a seasonal menu, serving only the best and freshest ingredients available. We are proud to serve fresh cheeses, pizza dough, pastas and sauces that are all homemade from scratch every day. Our pizzas are Sicilian style thin crust, all made to order in our Wood-burning Oven. Please call for our daily specials, or to place your delivery/carry-out order.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Affresco Pizzeria & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2013Wonderful waitress and food was just the right amount and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza joint that thinks it's moreDannoDined on 8/8/2013We had dinner on the patio, which was the only bright spot in our visit. We ordered two different Risoto dishes - one of them the "special" for that day - and the pollo arrosto (brick oven roasted chicken). None of our dishes is anything we would order again or cause us to come back here. As we watched the wood fired pizzas being served to other patrons, I realized that we should have simply ordered pizza and beer. Service was spotty if somewhat attentive. Asked often if the food was OK, but brought us no oil for bread dipping or other standards. Prices were also high for Risoto and chicken (blame that on Park Ridge location) this place would not survive downtown.
- Smallest Italian menu everWAS1119VIPDined on 8/2/2013The menu had to have the smallest number of choices on it. It was really difficult to choose something, especially since the few choices did not seem so appealing to me. Ended up ordering pizza which was pretty good but not at all what I wanted to have.
- Yummy Dessert!!EmalyskoDined on 7/27/2013This was our first time at Affresco Pizzeria & Lounge. Our server was manning the bar as well, so we had to wait a little longer for him to serve us, but it was not a big deal. He was very nice and knowledgeable. We had the Cartocci-Italian donuts, which were to die for! They were sooo delicious!! We will definitely be coming back to try the pizza and for Cartocci, of course!Special Features:
- Fun place for a casual nightpopcornDined on 7/19/2013Fun place for a casual night with kids, family and friends. Great dessert!!Special Features:
- The place is surprisinglyMistyblueDined on 7/12/2013The place is surprisingly beautiful. Specially the outdoor area. To start with I am very happy with the parking area at the back. When I came inside it wasn't full since customers wanted to sit outside (of course) the weather is perfect. The bar in the corner is small but just right for the place. The staff is friendly and would accommodate any special request for food. The food is wonderful, salads are freshly prepared. Tried a fish entree (forgot what it was) that was recommended, it is good. The fish was fresh and cooked just right. Will surely come back at this place and will try more on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeDAW49Dined on 7/12/2013We ate outside the weather was great the food was great andthere waslive music.Enzo performed at 7 PMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at Affrescolove2eatDined on 7/9/2013We met with friends there and were very impressed with the decor, the food was very good, but not a lot of choices if you like beef. The menu is not standard stuff, so you need to like to try different things, we had four different meals and we were all happy. The house side salad was excelent. The wine list had wines we were not familure with, but they offered a taste first and again, we all liked the wine. We would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best everDanielDined on 6/30/2013Great food, great service. We love it. And we'll be back there for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/22/2013This was my second time comng to this restaurant and Im sorry to have to say that I was very disappointment at our recent visit. The server didnt mention that some dinner selections were not available as well some wines. We had to change our food order twice due to this. Perhaps this is why the place was so empty
- disappointedmshnDined on 6/21/2013The menu has changed from the last time we were there, and not for the better. The pizza was very doughy and lacked flavor. The appetizers were okay. We had the goat cheese, which we liked and the fried risotto ball which was creative but lacked consistency.
- Great Neighborhood Meeting PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/10/2013Nice setting and ambience with really fantastic service - great place to visit while in Park RidgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local SpotDiningLocalDined on 6/7/2013Really enjoy this small local spot for lunch or dinner. Our latest visit was a Mom's night out and it was perfect. Since I work locally too, I have introduced my co-workers to the place, as it is much less expensive than Rosemont, and quality of the food is good! Not a very big place, so that is the only thing to keep in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/21/2013They were out of wine and two different dishes. The pizza was mediocre at best, and the entrees were cold and flavorless. This place was a swing and a miss. A big miss, which is too bad because it could have so much potential. There are too many great Italian places around to waste money or calories here.
- WE FOUND THIS RESTAURANT THRUrichtervilleDined on 5/17/2013WE FOUND THIS RESTAURANT THRU GROUPON. THE MENU IS VERY LIMITED, BUT THE FOOD WAS GOOD. SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. OUR WAITER WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND. WE GOT THEIR EARLY AND THE PLACE WAS NOT CROWDED. CLOSE QUARTERS, SO I AM SURE WHEN IT IS FULL, IT MIGHT BE A LITTLE ON THE LOUD SIDE.Special Features:
- Different kind of Brunch StyleDebFoleyDined on 5/12/2013I am very used to a brunch being buffet style. This particular brunch has a preset menu so the only "choice" you get is what to put in your frittata and the dessert "bar" (which is only butter cookies, biscotti, and seasonal fruit). The food was excellent but I prefer to choose what I want to eat. If you want something different and you dont mind spending an hour having brunch, then give this a try. It was a bit pricey too-$30.00/person PLUS drinks. Mothers day brunch cost us close to 100.00 for the two of us which included tip, 2 coffees, and 2 Bloody Marys. The service was really slow too considering they were making the same thing for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered the half chickenLEG4Dined on 5/10/2013I ordered the half chicken and it was very overdone. I substituted the spinach for the potatoes and it was EXTREMELY salty. My friends seemed to enjoy their meals and the restaurant was very cute.
- While the service was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/28/2013While the service was lacking (we were comped a dessert for the extremely long wait), the pizza was very good. GREAT in-house made gluten-free pizza.
- Paleo-friendly restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013The owner and chef Sergio served us and was incredibly warm and generous. He also was educated on gluten-free and grain-free diets and took an interest in our dietary restrictions. After we mentioned what we called it he actually looked up the Paleo Diet on his phone while we were there and made excellent suggestions and delicious substitutions while we ordered. Amazing! He was also accommodating on the preparation methods including substituting olive oil instead of vegetable oil. The frittata could have used more herbs and perhaps olive oil since the ingredients were mostly unseasoned vegetables. My husband's frittata was delicious as it included all the prosciuttos and meats they had on hand. The gluten-free pizza was AMAZING -- PERFECSpecial Features:
- Affresco is a charming cozywinendineVIPDined on 4/22/2013Affresco is a charming cozy place. Love the woodburning pizza oven. Had the Margherita pizza and salad (they are all delicious). Nice choice of wines. Service friendly and attentive. A nice place to enjoy a meal and be able to talkSpecial Features:
- One word....AMAZING!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Amazing wood burning pizza! Sergio, the owner, is beyond friendly and greets the majority of the people. The restaurant is super cute and cozy and we had great service. Highly recommend Affresco!!Special Features:
- Small menu, not inexpensive.BabsDined on 4/5/2013Small menu, not inexpensive. Food not good enough to warrant a return visit. Our server was nice enough to bring us a yummy fried dough dessert, the best part of our meal.
- Won't be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2013First time here. Parking an issue. Lot totally full at 5:30 pm on a Wednesday. No valet even though I thought I saw valet offered on the website (I could be wrong about that). Seated in a small room that once filled, even partially, was ridiculously loud. I couldn't hear the person sitting one over from me. Server kept asking if we were ready to order. Like five times. Give us some time please! Food just o.k. and some things kind of expensive. I had the half chicken and it looked like pigeon on the plate; that's how small the pieces were. Also, a little overcooked, dried out. Others had the baked rigatoni. They all thought it was fine but not great. The half priced bottles of wine offered on Wednesdays was the high point.
- THIS PLACE WAS TERRIBLE. VERY,FOODIEDined on 4/2/2013THIS PLACE WAS TERRIBLE. VERY, VERY, OVERPRICED. THE FOOD WAS POOR. WE ORDERED PASTA AND A PIZZA. AT MOST ITALIAN RESTAURANTS YOUR PORTION IS SO LARGE THAT YOU CAN EAT AND TAKE A DOGGIE BAG HOME AND HAVE DINNER THE NEXT NIGHT. NOT HERE. BARELY, AND I MEAN BARELY ENOUGH FOR 1 PERSON. PIZZA WAS OKAY. DOUGH WAS GOOD. WE ORDERED THE FRESCA. 8 SLICES OF PIZZA. 3 SLICES OF PROSCUITTO. FOR $15.00. RIDICULOUS!! SERVICE WAS POOR. OUR WAITRESS DID NOT SEEM TO KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON. SHE SERVED US A DISH THAT ACTUALLY WENT TO ANOTHER TABLE. THEN SERVED OUR FOOD TO ANOTHER TABLE. TABLES ARE SO CLOSE TOGETHER THAT THE PEOPLE NEXT TO YOU SEEM TO BE PART OF YOUR TABLE. WHICH IS GOOD, BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SHARE THE OLIVE OIL, BUTTER, SILVERWARE.
- Delicious food, great find.KathieDined on 4/2/2013Delicious food, great find. Glad I bought the Groupon too.Special Features:
- Went there 3 Saturday nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013Went there 3 Saturday nights in a row - what more can I say ; )Special Features:
- Appetizers and food were great.FoodieVIPDined on 3/29/2013Appetizers and food were great. Went there with a group of 7 and everyone enjoyed it. Great atmosphere, too. Cannot wait to do again!Special Features:
- My cousin and I met at AffrescoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2013My cousin and I met at Affresco for dinner. She wanted to split a pizza but only if we ordered gluten free crust. I don't typically follow a gluten-free diet but went along to accommodate her. To my surprise, the crust was excellent. In fact, it was so good that I plan to come back to the restaurant again and will order the same crust! The chef made a point of asking us how we liked the pizza and crust, which I thought was a great personal touch. The entire evening was perfect - food, wine and ambiance. I'll be back again.Special Features:
- The food was very good, andMiamiMomVIPDined on 3/19/2013The food was very good, and the service was outstanding. It was a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Delicious food. All 5 dinersOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/17/2013Delicious food. All 5 diners greatly enjoyed dinner and 3 of us eat everything. We had nothing to bring home because it was soo good.Special Features:
- Location is not enough.Michaeljm4VIPDined on 3/16/2013Walking distance from the Pickwick Theater in downtown Park Ridge. We got a bread basket with no butter or oil and had to ask before some was eventually brought. The risotto we had was fairly good, but one of their specialty pizzas was very dry and you could barely taste the special toppings because all you felt you were chewing was dry crust. Their special soup of the day was a cream of mushroom which was the consistency of water or broth and far from a rich cream soup to remember. Liked the atmosphere, but would not return for the food, despite a convenient location for movie goers.
- The white fish dinner thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2013The white fish dinner that is on the daily menu omg!!!!! Been back three times for it!Special Features:
- The food is hit or miss. IOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2013The food is hit or miss. I had ghnocci which was pretty tasteless, my daughter had fish, that was very good, My son had something similar to a carbonara, I forget the name, that was almost flavorless and my boyfriend had a pasta with meat sauce. It ws good but again not flavorful enough. DON'T GO ON TURSDAY WHEN ENZO IS SINGING. Oh My God, how annoying. Unless you ask to sit upstairs or in the back, Enzo is in your face and you can't hear the conversation at your table. Service is slow and not very attentative. You also dont want to sit right in front near the dorr. At least in winter. You get This was our second visit. I wasn't happy the first time but the place is so cute I wanted to give it another try. It will be the last time
- MY NEW FAVORITE SPOT!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2013Our Second Visit-THIS WEEK! Was in on Tuesday for the first time. I have to say that I will become a perfered customer.We live locally & decided to give it a try with friends. We started out with a drink at the bar and intsead of moving to a table just stayed and ordered appetizers.Everything was great!We had a a wood burning pizza(best I have ever had),sausage&peppers.The bartender was very sweet and filled us in on all upcoming events and specials they run weekly.I especially liked how knowledgable she was with the wine list(as we are not big wine drinkers) but she was able to recommend something that suited everybody.Big Plus!Tonight we tried the Baked rigatoni and roasted chicken,fantastic!Will be back very soon for a cooking class!Special Features:
- This place is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Affresco is simply a great restaurant. The food is wonderful, the people are wonderful, and I have never failed to have a great experience there. I would strongly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Our group of six spanned 3OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Our group of six spanned 3 generations, and we all enjoyed dining at Affresco. The service was the best we have ever encountered anywhere, and although busy, the noise was not above moderate levels. The ambiance was Italian country - cozy and comfortable and friendly. We loved the arancini appetizer, homemade gnocchi and other pasta dishes, as well as the fresca pizza. The only negative from our party was that the veal medallions were a bit tough; this is the reason for the "very good" food rating, instead of "outstanding." We will definitely be back dining at Affresco.Special Features:
- Right in the middle of downtownDocdrcDined on 3/7/2013Right in the middle of downtown Park Ridge. The place is warm and inviting. The food was delicious and well presented Subdued lighting and cozy tables make the meal more intimate. This is a great date placeSpecial Features:
- The pasta specials are alwaysJosieDined on 2/22/2013The pasta specials are always inventive and delicious. Service was attentive without being overbearing. We felt welcome and appreciated. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Overpriced for small portions.bobhDined on 2/22/2013Overpriced for small portions. Food quality was good, service was good. Not worth the cost though, there are better choices nearby.
- Affresco has never failedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2013Affresco has never failed to hit the mark, whether for lunch or dinner. The food is always tasty, fresh and abundant and the service is always impeccable.Special Features: