Aerie Restaurant & Lounge
100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd
Acme, MI 49610Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Aerie Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandtraverseresort.com/dining
- Phone: 2315346800x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:pm
Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Private Dining Room at Aerie Restaurant & Lounge is perfect for groups up to 10 persons.
- Private Party Contact: Aerie Restaurant Manager 2315346800x
- Entertainment: Entertainment is featured in the Aerie Lounge on Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Aerie Restaurant & Lounge
Located on the 16th Floor of the Tower at Grand Traverse Resort & Spa, Aerie Restaurant & Lounge offers a premium casual dining experience like no other in Northern Michigan.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Aerie Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (44)special occasion (35)romantic (33)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (8)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Fantastic - 5 starsLuv2eatDined on 10/12/2014I couldn't have asked for anything better. Thank you for the wonderful evening with my wife. The views were magnificent from seeing the sun set to the lighting in the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Awesome!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Everyone and everything was great for our perfect engagement!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MotownbelieverMotownbelieverDined on 10/9/2014The view was great but we couldn't be seated to fully appreciate it. We were told we'd be seated at but not before our reservation time as to not overwhelm the kitchen-- REALLY? Taking and providing a beverage order would overwhelm the kitchen? FYI: The dining room had few patrons. The young waiter was very inefficient. We were served our entree more than an hour after ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Very nice place. Although not much food for the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placejetbuddyDined on 9/13/2014Outstanding experience. Great food, service, and ambience.Special Features:
- Great Food! Great Service!thatchryDined on 9/5/2014Aerie Restaurant & Lounge has great food and great service. It overlooks a gorgeous golf course and the Grand Traverse Bay. Absolutely terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, atmospherekamore1Dined on 8/27/2014The chef here is wonderful. Everything I have ever ordered has been superb. The service is usually good as well. Great wine list and variety of choices for salads, appetizers and entrees. Have not tried the dessert yet because I am always too full! I would suppose it is as good as the meals are.Special Features:
- Great food - Excellent ServiceLovelynightDined on 8/22/2014Had a lovely dinner having booked the Getaway Package at the Hotel. Larry, our server was exceptional. Food was excellent. The only negative we had was that we arrived to our reservation at 7:15 and with more than 2/3 of the restaurant's lovely window view seating available we were sat in a booth in the 2nd row of tables. The window seats were still available when we left at 9:15. Unfortunately we could not view the sunset where we were seated and the other diners in front of us were constantly giving us glares as we were trying to look over them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Aerie for the sunset...lookingforspecialmealsVIPDined on 8/13/2014We went at 9pm on a weeknight .... lovely, quiet night that started with a spectacular sunset. Despite the emptiness of the restaurant, though, we couldn't get a glass of wine until after the sun had set! Mussels were delicious, as was the toffee desert. Mostly efficient and friendly service.Special Features:
- Special in many ways.OtbtVIPDined on 8/12/2014The view is well known. The service ( provided and led by Jenny but the team deserves recognition) surpassed the views Tuesday night. The amuse bouche was a nice intro to the chef's tastes ( which we enjoyed). Both soups ( French onion and tomato) were delicious and hot ( it was a rainy chilly day in August). Salads were tasty ( beet, spinach and house). The entrees ( salmon, beef, and lamb) were very successful however one was ordinary (the cioppino) and could use something more. This was our first time as it takes a lot to pull us from the many great options in TC but we will return.Special Features:
- great view, great fooddinoDined on 8/7/2014Spectacular view of the bay and surrounding area, food and service was outstanding. Nice spot for a special occasion or just to enjoy a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceRenyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Except for the view, this restaurant was very disappointing from the food, friendliness of the staff, ambience, overall impact - everything else. I had read more WONDERFUL reviews than BAD, but I am weighing in on the BAD side to warn people OR at least to lower their expectations of dining here. If you want the view... I recommend that you go to their bar for a drink and then go down to Jack's Sport Bar to have good food that satisfies and isn't pretentious or pricey. I am surprised with such a wonderful view that they can not get their act together and have the "rest of the story" up to par.Special Features:
- BadDrettsVIPDined on 7/28/2014First off they served us raw dough balls then I spent 44$ on 2 bites of rack of lamb. $250 later still hungry! Gret view need new management!Special Features:
- Family togetherRDLBECDined on 7/26/2014Very pleasant surprise with fantastic food, service , specialty drinks and fabulous sunset view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinnerFinedining23Dined on 7/15/2014This is my second time at Aerie and I was delighted once again. The service was excellent and the view is the best in the area. The menu offers a very nice selection and I especially enjoy the chef's use of local fare. The risotto that was served as a companion to the scallops was delicious. Will definitely return next time we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was horribleOlivia007Dined on 7/15/2014Waitress was very short with us. Mind you it was us and another table to serve. The resteraunt was empty it was 6pm and only two tables with people. Back to the waitress so the place was not busy maybe bad day for her. But being in vacation and not knowing the area she really didn't care to promote the city. Also the food was OK. FOR TWO ADULTS AND 2 kids , no alcohol drinks, and we spent a total of $199.00 and I have had better. Over priced, ambience needed updating, and if it's empty leave that should have told me something at 6 pm a resteraunt should be hopping. Not empty and slow.Special Features:
- white linen and viewNycartsDined on 7/14/2014food was okay though not spectacular. view is wonderful across lake which made evening pleasant. service was uneven with long waits between orders, used bar ware and empty glasses, oddly, left on the table throughout meal. limited wine list. expensive given overall evening.Special Features:
- Did not live up to the hypeitfitzDined on 7/3/2014I decided to surprise wife on wedding anniversary with a sunset dinner at Aerie. We arrived 45 minutes early, checked in with hostess and went to the lounge for a glass of wine. We then went back to the hostess stand to be seated. The restaurant was way less than half-full. Our service was horrible. We waited 25 minutes after being seated before someone brought menus and took drink orders. Our waiter forgot the free chef's tasting and forgot to offer bread until we were nearly done. Food was good but not memorable. Portion size for the entrees was shockingly small. We're foodies and were really disappointed in Aerie - it certainly didn't live up to the hype.Special Features:
- Limited menuLovediningoutDined on 6/29/2014The food was fresh and good but not many options to choose from, of course the view is amazing and the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smoked fishformerbakerboy1Dined on 6/29/2014Well, I am sort of a foodie....and I don't eat out much, but this is well worth it, as the attention to detail for every aspect of the food was very impressive. Fresh, well made, well prepared, etc. IF you are looking to go out ONCE on a trip to Traverse City, this brunch is the thing you should do. Really, really, really............Special Features:
- Good foodBabsDined on 6/28/2014Dessert was outstanding rest of meals quite good. View was spectacularSpecial Features:
- The following 191 reviews are from the Aerie Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014brunch is about same cost as Staffords at Harbor View. Selection and types of available items are substantially less. Service was spotty at best, with coffee refills having to be requested from a passing employee. My assumption that the location is expected to carry the day, rather than a strong food menu--at least for brunch. On recommendation above, would do so due to scenic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014fair presentation of food, but with good service & unrushed. overpriced entrees not warranted, e.g., lamb rack looks good, but mine was tough for lamb (frozen?). NOt worht $44Special Features:
- Graduation bruncherfoodieDined on 6/1/2014Buffet presentation was creative and kept clean throughout the entire time. Never looked picked over. Our server was personable and well informed. A great place for the six of us to celebrate my daughter's graduation. The view was also a treat.Special Features:
- NiceLuv2eatDined on 5/30/2014Our waiter Larry was attentive and personable. The food was something we had not tried and found it to be excellent. The next night we came to have a night cap and had a pleasant conversation with the bar staff. Will definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent attention to detailOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014We visited the restaurant following a conference. The attention to detail, efficient personal attention and knowledge of wine making all added to a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbshadyfoodieDined on 4/27/2014Food was great and there were lovely menu options - all well explained by a very experienced and superb waitress. As a treat - during our entire meal, we were entertained by 2 soaring hawks and about 4 different changes in the weather. Great night out !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, but food was coldSargeDined on 4/26/2014Aerie sits at the top of the Grand Traverse Resort hotel and had a fantastic view of the bay. We enjoyed the sunset, but what should have been a really fantastic meal was marred by the fact that the food was a little cold. There was a very large party near our table, so I'm sure that the staff's attention was drawn there, but it is a shame that other customers were not attended to as much. I don't think we'll be dining there again.Special Features:
- New menu - not greatparistravelDined on 4/12/2014We were given a gift certificate and decided to have dinner. Some of the food was good, some not. I ordered french onion soup (good except too sweet) and a spinach salad with chicken. The server warned me that when chicken is ordered on a salad, they serve a half-chicken on the side. At first I turned it down as I was picturing a grilled chicken breast on top, but realized I would have zero protein so I did order it. It was okay but overdone, salty and very small. The spinach salad was DRENCHED in dressing. My husband ordered a beet salad and cioppino - he said both were delicious and they were generous with the mussels. In fairness, the server did tell us that the menu was just one week old so maybe they will work on it.
- Great flavorsGoodeatsDined on 4/4/2014The chef knows how to mix and compliment flavors. Very good dinner. Will definitely be going back. You get what you pay for and then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014It took 30 minutes to get our first drink. We had to ask for bread, everything was slow! Food was great!Special Features:
- We took a group of ten peopleim4diningDined on 3/23/2014We took a group of ten people to brunch. The food was awesome! All ten of us in the group were raving about the food quality and selection. The service was equally impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatRyanCuppDined on 3/22/2014The food was great but our bill was $99.21 and I left a 20% tip so total was 119.21 but after getting my credit card statement online the total was $129.21 someone got me for $10.00. Not real happy about that at all.Special Features:
- ServerNightingaleDined on 2/26/2014Our server was excellent, friendly and attentive. We enjoyed the Restaurant Week menu very much. The food was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We visited Aerie because adocndentVIPDined on 2/25/2014We visited Aerie because a work colleague was staying at the Resort and we were pleasantly surprised by the Restaurant Week menu and the regular menu. Every item we tried was delicious. Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. The next day one of the doctors said to me "that was great, we have to go back!" The pasta was done perfectly. The beignets were imaginative and delicious! The bartender was entertaining! A great night out!Special Features:
- Not worth the money or the drivejaneDined on 2/24/2014This was our 3rd time at Aerie.It was terrible.15min before the waiter took our drink order, another 15 min before he apologized for not having our drinks.5 min later the manager brought the drinks. Prosecco was flat.The manager returned with another one,claiming that the lemon peel had made the drink flat. That was not the case.Greek salad was bland, the Blacked Whitefish tasteless."Sauce Sharon" on white fish,the waiter didn't know what it was.Flavorless.Fried chicken with waffles,some flavor, needed some kind of syrup/gravy. Even for $25pp & $55/4 drinks,not worth the money.Waiter was nice, but clueless,it seemed he had just been hired for the night,no training,no knowledge. With all our great restaurants,there is No reason go to Aerie.
- special treatjaxsonDined on 2/8/2014Took my mother there for her birthday and it was fabulous, she said it would be a birthday that she would talk about for a long time. The service was excellent, the food was excellent there is not a single bad comment I could make. My husband I came there last year and we were pleasantly surprised. I would recommend this dining experience to everyone;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal I've Ever HadAlboyerDined on 2/4/2014I tend to characterize myself as a "foodie." I get excited when I have the opportunity to try new foods and new restaurants, and this place exceeded every expectation I had. Prior to arriving I had reviewed the menu and thought everything sounded amazing, but I had no idea just HOW amazing it would be! Every single item ordered just tasted better and better! The staff was very knowledgeable and very pleasant when answering any questions asked. It was an absolutely amazing experience and my significant other and I can not wait to go back!! I usually am not one to ramble on about something unless it is worth it, and trust me, it is worth every bit of praise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableRonaldoDined on 1/29/2014We make a trip to Aerie at least once a year, and are never disappointed. The food is always great,and the views are superb. We will be coming back for many years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Great food, went there for a special occasion with my girlfriend. Was happy with everything until I got my back statement seeing they charged me extra money for tip or something. I tipped 18%,( the server wasn't that great) and I got charged an additional 8 dollars. Please be advised because they do not advise you that they are going to add to their own tip.Special Features: