5553 N. Clark
Chicago, IL 60640Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.adriatic-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7738288889
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Order food for cary-out. Available for small or big parties.
- Cross Street: Bryn Mawr Ave.
- Public Transit: Bus stop is across the street, at the corner of Clark St and Bryn Mawr St.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have parking available for our customers. Parking is located at the back of the restaurant and entrance is from the Bryn Mawr St.
A word from Adriatic Restaurant
Wonderful family run Mediterranean spot in Andersonville! Our friendly and helpful staff is spectacular and brings fluffy bread and oil to start. Choose from a plethora of salads and soups to start out as well as delicious entrees. Relax at the full bar and bring a date or some friends and enjoy this neighborhood Adriatic Restaurant!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Adriatic Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (9)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Keep expectations modestRetiredTraveler01VIPDined on 8/15/2014Don't expect a gourmet meal and you'll enjoy the perfectly adequate, satisfying dishes and pleasingly modest menu prices. It's affordable and although it won't surprise you it won't disappoint you, either, if you keep your expectations modest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if the service was better...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014I would go back but as it is, good food can be found elsewhere. The garden seating area, is, however, very unique and lovely.Special Features:
- Neighborhood findiliketoeatDined on 7/28/2014We've passed by this restaurant for years and finally decided to take a look after reading some good Yelp reviews. Also, we have several vegetarians in our group so I was looking for a place that would satisfy omnivores, vegetarians, and meat-on-the-bone lovers. This is the place. The food was delicious, nicely presented, the prices are reasonable and we were delighted by the unexpected lush water scene, complete with koi, turtles, and even some orchids. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot of just OKSoAmazingDined on 7/12/2014Made reservations...first time dining and for a birthday. Everything struck me as just OK; the food was ok but not memorable (in fact the calamari was really tough and the shrimp overcooked), the server was kind but not really attentive and a little slow, the drinks were ok but not worth the price. Perhaps it was because there was a party in the same room as the dining room that may have required a lot of attention. Dining outside might have been a better option, but not planning to return to find out.
- A Real FindchitowngalVIPDined on 5/28/2014Adriatic Restaurant has excellent food, knowledgeable wait staff, and a spacious dining area. There is also a lovely garden patio space. The food is excellent, the portions are generous, and prices are reasonable. We loved the bruschetta. We had wonderful seafood dishes. The menu includes everything from pizza to filet mignon. And there is even a parking lot in back. I will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great foodjoemuszynskiDined on 5/24/2014A neighborhood restaurant in a neighborhood filled with great restaurants, Adriatic goes a step further with a fine, well-priced menu sure to satisfy. The wine list has some Serbian options that after trying one has me craving more. Our waitress was wonderful! It was a touch cold when we went, so we didn't sit outdoors, but that area looked large and relaxed. And there is a parking lot for diners behind the restaurant - quite a coup for Andersonville!Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2014The food was delicious, with generous portions. Service was friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt. The decor was lovely. The outside of the restaurant doesn't indicate all the wonderful things that lie within! So glad we tried it!Special Features:
- Quiet in Andersonville2eat2Dined on 5/5/2014We were here latish on a Monday night so it was very quiet. We had a great server who friendly and prompt. We ordered an assortment of 3 appetizers on one plate: hummous, eggplant and a red pepper dip. The plate arrived with 3 "scoops" as tho they'd been made with an ice cream scoop. It was unappetizing to me. There was no garnish or vegetables on the plate and it was rather tasteless. Our main course of chicken was much better. Very generous portions and pretty flavorful. There is no explanation of the flavors or origins of the food, so I don't know anything about the ethnicity or region it represents.Special Features:
- The following 56 reviews are from the Adriatic Restaurant reviews archive.
- Neighborhood SurpriseKaimadaDined on 3/22/2014We found Adriatic Restaurant looking for a place that had some Croatian food as our group is planning a trip. The restaurant is in Andersonville and when we arrived they confirmed our reservations. It was a slower night but that worked out to our advantage as the wait staff was very attentive, helpful and patient in allowing us to try a few wines before ordering, offering solid recommendations on menu items and they were incredibly friendly. I will say that most of the dishes were very good and the others were still good and tasty. We left knowing we would return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening - wonderfuljenniferVIPDined on 2/15/2014Great evening - wonderful food! Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayFlyBoyIcarusDined on 2/14/2014So, I admit that I was late in planning my Valentine's Day reservations but I am so glad that I did. They obviously knew we were celebrating the day, and made it memorable. We took forever to order but they did not care. I would say that their Valentine's prix menu was a little light but they allowed us to move to the standard menu. The place was not exceptionally busy, but there was a large birthday party and steady Valentine's lovers... The service was impeccable and cheerful. The drinks, could have been a touch more carefully crafted, but the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adriatic has become one ofDinerDined on 1/25/2014Adriatic has become one of our favorites. The menu contains options suitable for just about any taste or food preference of this sort of regional cuisine. The sea scallops entree is our favorite. It is consistently delicious. The service is warm, friendly, and diligent.Special Features:
- Adriatic suits 3 different tasteskuantiDined on 12/25/2013My husband is not adventurous, my sister prefers vegetarian choices, I like variety and seasonings. Adriatic did it all for us. We enjoyed the neighborhood ambience, obviously a favorite spot for locals, but our server was most welcoming and friendly throughout. It was Christmas Day and not busy when we arrived shortly after 3p.m.; however, when the traffic picked up, our waiter managed to keep up with several tables. We enjoyed a delightful pumpkin soup, a feta cheese spicy appetizer, and each of us had a special entree--extremely generous servings. A carmel broulee was a superb dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adriatic on ClarkJeffortlessDined on 12/19/2013We went for dinner on a Thursday evening at 6. It was pretty early so the restaurant was anything but crowded. Service was efficient and the food well-prepared and tasty. We started with an enormous cold meat and cheese mezze plate (at least a meal's worth of food). My guest had lobster ravioli and I had salmon. Both entrees were very good with good-sized portions. I'd recommend this place for a neighborhood meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic menu reflects regionSouthernEurophileDined on 12/15/2013Italy, Croatia and Greece border on the Adriatic Sea. The cuisines of each country are represented by a wide variety of fish, meat, pasta, chicken and vegetarian dishes on the menu. With such variety comes a challenge - should the dishes remain distinct or be fused into a regional cuisine? Adriatic Restaurant maintains the distinctiveness of each country's flavorful approaches. And they are successful. You can enjoy a creamy seafood pasta, a delightful pork schnitzel, or a succulent lamb shank that compares favorably to the same dishes at an Italian trattoria, a Greek restaurant or Croatian cafe. Outdoor dining is available in the warm weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!denisedivDined on 11/16/2013Would highly recommend! Lots of good choices on menu. Decent wine list. Service was very attentive and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment all aroundSandynTheoVIPDined on 10/11/2013We were initially attracted to the outdoor seating area, so looked to Open Table for reviews. Given fairly good reviews we made reservations. Unfortunately, there was nothing we ordered that was memorable. The bacon on the bacon wrapped dates was 100% fat. The cheese in the stuffed banana peppers was bland and did nothing to compliment the pepper itself. Two people in our part ordered the specialty, Adriatic Chicken. It was dry, overcooked and salty. The wine list looked reasonably priced and we had a nice Barbera. Maybe we'll come back in the summer for a glass of wine on the patio......
- So sononameDined on 10/6/2013Good food, excellent service, maybe because there were no other patrons the entire time we were there.Terrible music, discordant with the decor. Chuck Berry? James Brown?Laughable bread, looked and tasted store-bought, like buns from Dominick's that you have to pull apart. Maintenance staff noisily wheeled a mop and bucket right by us to clean the room next to us.Completely unacceptable!Finally, I ordered coffee and when the waiter offered to make a "very special coffee for the lady because it is not busy" I completely misunderstood that this was not on-the-house. There was a $3.50 charge on the check for something I really didn't want, but accepted because the waiter was so nice. I told them it was my friend's birthday but they did nothingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting / Fabulous FoodHappyDinerVIPDined on 9/22/2013A first time visit to this restaurant to celebrate a birthday and we will definitely be back. We tried a variety of starters and enjoyed them all. We each had a different entree and everyone was pleased again. The scallops and lamp chops were both outstanding! And the desserts.... We all thought we won that competition. The crepes were spectacular (Nutella and strawberries) OMGSpecial Features:
- GardenLynandKirbieVIPDined on 9/7/2013Love this place. The water-garden is beautiful. The owner takes pride in treating and feeding the fish. The food is always great and the service as well. I tried a new drink last time - a "Ginger Martini". Quite tasty. In addition, they allow dogs on the patio and as soon as they see you with the dog, they immediately bring a water dish. Now that's service. My dog goes everywhere with me --- what will be do in the winter?Special Features:
- A wonderful fineoutonthetownDined on 9/6/2013I was looking for a neighborhood place to take my niece for dinner when I saw Adriatic. I really did not know what to expect when I got there but from the beginning the staff was friendly and helpful and the food was amazingly good. My guest and I had a leisurely dinner and were never rushed. I would highly recommend Adriatic for its combination of interesting and delicious food and excellent staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphere and foodnycpogoDined on 8/30/2013The outdoor dining was what caught our eye and we had to try it! We were extremely satisfied. The food was delicious, service was fast, would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, affordable price pointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2013I have never had a bad meal at Adriatic. Service is always good and atmosphere is nice casual environment. Great for large parties!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last minute anniversary reservationKatieDarwinaGizmoSkaiDined on 8/17/2013We had a wonderful all around experience. We were looking for a different taste to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and Boy, this restaurant sure fitted that requisite. Parking was easy since the restaurant was not in the most hectic part of andersonville. As soon as we stepped in, we were nicely and warmly greeted. Contemporary yet adriatic decoration theme. To our delight, we were offered seating in their outdoor patio. It was beautiful outhere. Concrete flooring that led to a adriatic water garden. It had turtles, koi fish, and native vegetation. Our waiter Adam, was super attentative and knowledgable about the menu.Food did not fail, amazing flavors + quality ingredients+ good portion sizes. Prices well worth it! Will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great outdoorOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2013We really lived our dinner (lamb chops and paella). Beautiful outdoor area. Only problem is we ordered red velvet cake for dessert and it was stale. Told they don't make it in house but should have tasted before giving to customers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 7/22/2013A small group of girls went to Adriatic for dinner. It was a beautiful summer evening and we wanted something with an outside patio that wasn't curbside. This was perfect. Service was great -- although I think they only had one waitress for the entire patio which was pretty full, but she did a great job of keeping up with everything. she was also spot on with her recommendations. She recommended the sampler platter for an appetizer - we got our choice of 3 spreads. They were all yummy. I had the lamb shank with plum sauce. Yum Yum. There some other things on the menu that looked good for a cold winter evening. Can't wait to go back and try them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful! Great food, service,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2013Wonderful! Great food, service, ambiance ! Had a fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2013We hosted our rehearsal dinner here and were quite satisfied with the experience. The service was a little slow, for instance getting refills, and our bill took a little while... and another thing that bothered me was that the waitress had spilled over an entire glass of champagne because she overfilled 2 or 3 glasses at the table, and she laughed about it... I was upset that we paid for a bottle of champagne and lost an entire glass due to her not paying attention to what she was doing. I think it was because she laughed about it that it really bothered me. Other than that the food was excellent! I would say if you don't have somewhere to be or a large group then it's a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2013we had a good time-the food was delicious and the menu had a nice selection and the price was very resonable-we will come back next time with our family to enjoy a nice dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why have'nt you been there?fabfoodDined on 6/16/2013This was our second time and it was just as enjoyable. The food was excellent, Dominick, our server, was very informative, attentive. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PatioLynandKirbieVIPDined on 6/8/2013This place is great for having fun with friends AND with your pet on the beautiful well kept patio. There is a wonderful pond in the back of the patio with fish and frogs. So relaxing. I love this place and go again and again.Special Features:
- The server was very nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/21/2013The server was very nice, but she messed up our order twice. We ordered slad with dressing on the side and she brought it with the dressing on it. She fixed the problem immediately. We also ordered eggplant parmasen and she brought us chicken parmasen. I kept the chicken since I like Chicken also.Special Features:
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Was hoping to enjoy this restaurant as it would be good to have a successful business in this location on Clark Street. However, the food was not good - particularly not for the prices being charged. When we complained about the food, the response from both the waitstaff and the manager was that we were wrong. When I did not like my dessert (it was stale), the waiter's response was that maybe I needed a massage. Inappropriate, to say the least. We will not be returning to this restaurant.
- A refreshing gem with amazingjohnnyboyDined on 1/28/2013A refreshing gem with amazing food and service. The Saganaki, which we dubbed "cheese candy" was the best we've ever had. Our waitress was so attentive and awesome. We're going back next week with more friends. A great blend of Serbian-Greek-Italian cuisine.Special Features:
- Great food and reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Great food and reasonable price, place was empty which I was surprised to see. I dont think people realize how good it is, I will return.Special Features:
- Unique Balkan cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Some reviewers on other sites have complained that Adriatic's menu seemed inconsistent. This is actually a product of the fact that it is a Balkan (primarily Serbian and Montenegran but also Slovenian) restaurant and not a Greek or Middle-Eastern one. There is much on the menu that's familiar, but often with a unique twist. For this reason alone, it's well worth a try. I had lamb chops, a basic enough dish, but they were done perfectly, seasoned richly, and served on a wonderful bed of vegetables. My wife had sea-scallops which were served with a champagne risotto that was out of this world. The wine and beer choices reflect the ethnic focus of the menu, and the waitstaff was helpful in making selections.Special Features:
- Warm comfortable atmosphere.NanBDined on 12/7/2012Warm comfortable atmosphere. Service was exceptionally attentive and courteous. The food was very good, we had their Grillia appetizer which was grilled octopus and shrimp with spinach. I order the bacon wrapped stuffed pork. I could have done without the bacon but that was my mistake. The stuffing of spinach and feta was light but flavorable. My husband order the grilled mahi mahi with curried rice. That was excellent. The curry was delicate, not overwhelming. The mahi was cooked perfectly. We'll go again especially if our favorite Swing Band, The Flat Cats are there. It was their debut at Adriatic. Fairly spacious dance floor.Special Features:
- Very Friendly wait staff..YoungoneintownDined on 10/16/2012Very Friendly wait staff.. Gave good recommendations and spent time explaining menu items and history of the place.. I really enjoyed my time there...Special Features:
- Had an excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012Had an excellent experience from the moment I walked through the door until I left out. My sister and I decided to try a new place for her birthday, and it was amazing! We were greeted with warm smiles and happy hellos and were seated outside, since the weather was amazing! The food was ultra delicious! The service was Phenomenal! I will be back! And I have been telling others to try this place!Special Features:
- Although the outdoor patioOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/25/2012Although the outdoor patio is very pleasant and quiet for early diners, the food is quite mediocre. A bad sign is when the bread is bad. Each of the four in our party took one bite of the very uninteresting, white bread puffy rolls, and found them inedible. Bread usually is a harbinger of what is to come. Salad was ok and the grilled calamari also met expectations. Two of the three main courses were sub-par. One met expectations. Good but limited wine selection.