Adriatic Grill - Italian Cuisine & Wine Bar
4201 S. Steele St.
Tacoma, WA 98409Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Adriatic Grill - Italian Cuisine & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.adriaticgrill.com/
- Phone: 2534756000
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Mon - Sun 11:00am - 4:00pm DINNER: Sun - Thurs: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Dining Room, 11:00 pm Bar Fri - Sat: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Dining Room, 12:00 am Bar HAPPY HOUR: Everyday 3:00pm - 6:00pm & 9:00pm - close Sunday All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Owner Bill Trudnowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: 1/2 Price Bottled wine every Sunday! Happy Hour all day Sunday in our Wine Bar.
A word from Adriatic Grill - Italian Cuisine & Wine Bar
Adriatic Grill Italian Cuisine & Wine Bar is brought to you by a team of owner/operators with passion for food, wine and hospitality that exceed every Guest's expectations. Chef Bill Trudnowski has been a chef in the Seattle-Tacoma area for over 20 years. With his wife, Monique, they have partnered with longtime friend and restaurant owner, John Howie, and award winning Sommelier Erik Liedholm to bring you a restaurant that has a rich environment with European style and family run restaurant hospitality. Adriatic Grill features a lunch and dinner menu influenced by the many countries surrounding the Adriatic Sea. Th menu uses local products when in season and menu items are made fresh daily using the highest quality ingredients from hand made pizza dough to desserts. Award winning Master Sommelier Erik Liedholm brings a balance to all food selections with his hand picked wine list, featuring a variety of wines from both Washington state and Italy being offered.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Adriatic Grill - Italian Cuisine & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
Adriatic Grill - Italian Cuisine & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (17)great for lunch (16)romantic (12)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/12/2014Large menu selection, prices very affordable. Great wine list. Food and service were top notch. Used a Groupon, so even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014The food is consistently great and lunch was no exception but the server did not match the quality of the food. She finally turned on the "nice server" when it was time to pay the bill and add a tip. A smile during the meal would have gone a long way. By the way, since when does a request for pepper merit a scowl? Very weird... Otherwise, enjoyed it very much. Food was well worth the lukewarm service.Special Features:
- Menu changeBrymerDined on 9/3/2014I've entertained and have gone to the Adriatic Grill many times for special occasions however on my last visit I was disappointed to find that the menu had changed and Cioppino was no longer offered. A bummer to say the least. Thanks to Google I managed to find several high quality restaurants that have this item on their menu which I will try in the near future. I do have to give our waiter Griffin five stars for his service.
- Perfect date night!JustinesodDined on 8/28/2014I had the shrimp with spaghetti squash; my boyfriend had the salmon with pasta. Both of us were equally impressed. Everything was cooked to perfection. Slightly spendy but well worth the price. Romantic ambience and perfect for people in love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Everything was settle as I expected great service and the attention was great my gf enjoy her dinner bdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphereWilliamDined on 8/23/2014This is a nice treat if you are looking for something Italian and kind of hip at the same time. The fresh fish is notable and I recommend it. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodJoeyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Adriatic Grill has never let me down. When I visit Tacoma, I try to see that I eat there. Great lasagna and service!Special Features:
- cjordDined on 8/17/2014As always the food was very good. THe only issue was that my entree did not originally come as ordered, thus my wife was nearly done dining by the time I started.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed2FoodeezDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant comes with high recommendations from my family. Although our server was gracious and apologetic, the food service was slow. We waited 30+ for our entrees to arrive, after we had ordered. Chicken fettuccine was OK. Chicken parmigiana was less impressive. For $100+ including beverages and tip...this was disappointing, especially on our 16th Wedding Anniversary. We strive to support local business, but this makes it challenging. We may give it another try sometime, on the recommendations of others, but will need to be impressed to add to our rotation of local spots.
- The food is fantastic!TubesDined on 8/10/2014This is the place to go to enjoy great food and service!Special Features:
- Fantastic!FavoriterestarauntsDined on 8/1/2014My reservation was ready, our server was attentive and prompt, the environment was lovely and the food was scrumptious! I will recommend Adriatic Grill and Open Table enthusiastically!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am a fan!thescold40Dined on 8/1/2014There are four reasons I love this place. First: the pizza oven, and the crisp, chewy, perfect crusts it creates. Second: the Bellini inspired cocktails. Third: it is a big place, and you can almost always get a seat, and with an early phone call, you can get a section set aside for large family parties. Four: my husband, first generation Italian, says Chef Bill makes the only decent Bolognese sauce in the northwest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerDude0317Dined on 7/29/2014The place is an excellent find, food was excellent. A nice touch was the freshly baked focaccia bread. Portions were a good size and very filling. Waiter was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspiring and freshAnthonyJCDined on 7/25/2014The main entree was very delicious. The bread was also very good as well. My only gripe was that the cheesecake I ordered was less than desirable. With that being said the service was prompt and we always had water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceAceandLizDined on 7/21/2014As usual the chiappino (sp) was excellent. Everyone else enjoyed what they ordered. Our server, I never remember names, was top-notch. All five of us, three from CA, had a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Everything was GreatJewellsDined on 7/20/2014i recently moved to WA from CA and i had gone to many Gourmet Restaurants, including many Gordon Ramsey Restaurants and i was looking for something out here and someone told me about Adriatic Grill and i am so happy to find someplace this good.Special Features:
- Unfortunate IncedentG1949Dined on 7/17/2014This has happened now on two occasions. My wife will order an Entre Salad and I will order Pasta and the meals will not arrive at the table at the same time. On the latest visit the pasta arrived a full 5 min. or more before the salad. The waiter bristled when we weren't happy, but to Adriatic Grill's credit they did comp the salad. Food was great as usual. We will continue to dine there, as the food is some of the best around. Just hope they fix the glitch in the kitchen.Special Features:
- EnjoyableJanieVIPDined on 7/13/2014Our dinner was nice. The food was good. The service could of been a little better.Special Features:
- Great for all OccasionsJuniorDined on 7/13/2014I have been to this restaurant at least 6 times during the past year(2014) for lunch and dinner. The food, service and atmosphere are all Great. The service is Outstanding and the price is "right". Try it, You will like the Adriatic Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- supperrobbiDined on 7/2/2014Our supper was very good. I was annoyed that water was not offered, AND I had to ask for it twice before our server brought any to the table!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014First time at this restaurant. Went for wedding anniversary, had a memorable experience. Food was amazing, our waitress was extremely helpful and friendly, and the wine selection was nice. Was able to take advantage of great weather and sit outside. Will definitley be returning.Special Features:
- Great spot for good foodbraverexDined on 5/21/2014Been here several times and after trying many different menu options I have always left enjoying the food and experience had. The service has always been great as well. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great lunch spot!Special Features:
- The following 523 reviews are from the Adriatic Grill - Italian Cuisine & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Favorite placeOnekind1mindDined on 5/16/2014I always have a great experience here. This is, in my opinion, the best resturant in Tacoma!Special Features:
- Reservations don't seem to helpJJknowsDined on 5/11/2014Made 6:15 reservations. Now granted, it was Mother's Day but a reservation is a reservation. Someone off the street waited less time than we did. We waited approximately 45 minutes. Then we ended up where all the traffic is in the kitchen. If you like to watch the kitchen work, then you would have liked this table. The owners did buy us a round of drinks for the inconvenience. Very nice of them. If you are not on a time crunch, this has good food and nice staff. If you have plans after dinner, you best rethink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not this timeOppsDined on 5/11/2014Adriatic is normally one of our must go to places. The food is always well prepared and very tasty. We went there last year on Mothers day and had a wonderful experience. I even remember our waiters name, Captain. This year was the exact opposite. Everything was fine until after our drinks and appetizers came then eveything went downhill. 20 minutes into our dinner the waitress told us that they were out of one of the items on the Mother Days special menu and we would have to reorder. She left and came back 5 minutes later and took our order for a different menu item and a glass of beer. She returned 10 minutes later with the beer. 25 minutes later the food came, overcooked. It must have sat while the second order was prepared. Out of spaceSpecial Features:
- great experienceMustangLover74Dined on 5/11/2014The food was fantastic! Due to it being Mother's Day it was very busy. Considering the load the service was prompt. The waiter was excellent, knew the menu, quick, courteous, and even was aware of the ingredients in case of food allergies. I will certainly go again. The prices are high, but then you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerscherclarDined on 5/11/2014We'd heard about Adriatic Grill, so booked a table for Mother's Day brunch. Our son is a chef, so he's always hard to please...we ALL (5 of us) were very impressed with the menu & food!Special Features:
- not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014We dine at many busy restaurants on Friday and Saturday nights and this place has now been the worse, on twice our visits. The food was awful, service was slow and awful. And we waited way too long for our food.Special Features:
- so sosusielynnDined on 5/9/2014Our server was great. Very knowledgeable and friendly. Food and wine was slow to come out. Chicken skewer appetizer was charred, the steak on my steak salad and my husbands steak were both overcooked. We keep giving this place another chance and still haven't figured out why so many people love it.Special Features:
- Comparable to Olive GardenNotanaholeDined on 5/3/2014Me and my wife read many great reviews about this restaraunt being romantic and amazing. The food is amazing, service is good, but romantic it is not. Comparable to an Olive Garden, I think it would provide a better atmosphere if they'd close the blinds so you can atleast pretend your not in the middle of a mall parking lot. The white table cloths are covered with white paper, pretty cheesy if you ask me. Other than that food an service good.
- OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!GidgetDined on 4/27/2014Great wait-staff as always. Great food as always. We've been going to the Adriatic for years. One reason is it's consistantly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAME FROM AFARadriaticadorer1Dined on 4/25/2014We are from Portland, and found this restaurant by accident one evening while looking for a place to go while we had business in Tacoma. We made it a point to return when we were up there a second time. The third, and most recent time, we were visiting in Seattle, but made sure we stopped here for dinner! It's never disappointed. We've always had a great experience, both with the staff and the food. We'll make this our "go to" restaurant when we're in the area in the future. Excellent Italian food!Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceJanieVIPDined on 4/20/2014Our lamb was excellent. Loved my roasted salad. The whole meal was delicious. Just had a longer than ususal wait for our dinner after our appetizer. Buddy, our waiter was on top of his game, very professinal and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!mchavezDined on 4/19/2014Had my 35th bday dinner here. It was our first visit. Four people in my party and we all ordered something different. Everything was absolutely amazing! Salmon penne, carne pizza, parmigiana-reggiano crusted tilapia and chicken stuffed cannelloni. Amazing dishes. The portions are above average. I wish I could remember our waiters name because he was wonderful. Worth every penny and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great italian food and serviceTeamChrisDined on 4/15/2014Thank you for making our anniversary so special. The food and service were excellent as it has always been in the past. Not only great for special occasions but everyday dinning. It has the best Italian food in the Tacoma area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014The food was magnificent and the wait staff was attentive without being overbearing. The Italian Banana Split is not to be missed for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is excellent, thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/5/2014The food is excellent, though the restaurant is very loud (we had to shout across the table to each other because of the noise level) and a table by the window looks out onto the parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDarkprinceDined on 3/29/2014I have to give it to the cooks, they really do know their stuff. I ordered the veal chop and let me tell you that it was the juiciest piece of veal that I have ever had in my life we'll seasoned and tender. I also recommend the Italian sodas. I was able to combine the offered favors for Jo extra charge. I do recommend having reservations though as the place seems like it can get very crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceFamilyCloverDined on 3/29/2014Our server was great. Very attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- outstanding food; personable staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014This is the second time I have been to the Adriatic Grill and I was thoroughly pleased with the experience! From the moment we walked through the door we were met with a kind hostess, and taken care of by a superb waitress who was attentive and yet not overbearing. The food choices were plenty without being cumbersome. All of the food came in a timely manner. and most importantly, tasted great! We were even visited by Chef Bill at our table who asked how our food and experience was. I love this place! The only reason we don't go more often is that we don't live in Tacoma. If we did, we would be back more consistently.Special Features: