Adobo Grill - Old Town
1610 N. Wells
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Adobo Grill - Old Town
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.adobogrill.com/oldtown/index.aspx
- Phone: 3122667999x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:30pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Paul Loduca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Adobo Grill can accommodate 8 to 150 people.
- Private Party Contact: George Ortiz 312-266-7999x
A word from Adobo Grill - Old Town
Adobo serves the finest authentic rustic Mexican cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Adobo Grill - Old Town reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (28)great for outdoor dining (25)hot spot (19)special occasion (15)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (8)romantic (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014The food was great. The service was terrific. Perfect place to go before going to Second City.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant in ChicagoMLK1Dined on 10/15/2014We are from Northern California. During three trips to Chicago we have eaten here three times, each prior to attending a show at Second City which is next door. The tequila list is long. They make the guacamole fresh at your table to your request. The main dishes are superb. We come early enough to avoid the crowds, so noise is not an issue. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay.AnnieCatDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed several outstanding dinners in Chicago, but this one was just okay. It was late-ish, but not for Old Town on a Saturday evening and we were not tucked away in a corner. So it is hard to understand why we felt forgotten by our server. (Could it be we did not appear hip enough?) My martini ordered with a twist came with an olive, and when it returned it had no twist either. The guacamole was fresh - made with just-right avocados; but we ordered it very spicy and it was barely mild. (Why did she ask how we wanted it?) Our entrees were adequate, but three days later I can't recall what I ate. (Does that tell you something?) Perhaps Adobo Grill is simply overshadowed by the other outstanding food Chicago has to offer.
- Fun Night OutPartyOf3Dined on 10/9/2014Took an out-of-town friend to Adobo before seeing a show at Zanies. It's a great location with so many fun entertainment options close by. Excellent service - even when busy. Wide selection of tasty food. Most dishes had stronger, heavier flavors. The guacamole made table-side was light and fresh. Somewhat noisy restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and FoodPaulVIPDined on 10/4/2014The service at Adobo Grill was outstanding, it was as though they were reading our minds! Everything came out quickly and tasted excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014great location especially if going to Second City. Food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great upscale mexican food!HollyGDined on 9/25/2014I really liked Adobo Grill. They had excellent Margaritas, guac and meals. The service was great and it is a very lively place to go to eat.Special Features:
- DecentSoLReePzzDined on 9/24/2014Food and service are good. Plenty of Margaritas to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodysplzDined on 9/21/2014Adobo makes the best margarita I've ever had. It is absolutely amazing.Special Features:
- Food ok, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014Our food was fair but nothing really exceptional. My dish did not contain one of the ingredients listed on the menu and when I told the server he just said he would bring it on the side. Not quite the same as having it in the dish! Server was very cold and apathetic. Never really seemed interested in offering suggestions, answering questions, etc. Probably would not return.
- best mexican food ever. EVERYogifoodloverDined on 9/20/2014Blown away by the food quality, speed of service, quality of service and overall experience. Very reasonably priced, drinks were incredible too. Can't wait to go back! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KgrreitVIPDined on 9/20/2014Best Margarita in town! Guacamole is great and food is good. OUtside tables give plenty of sight seeing.Special Features:
- katzkeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014The service couldn't have been better and the food was delicious. It's a very welcoming place. I could do without the TVs, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itSantariumDined on 9/11/2014I really like this place and I keep coming back. Its always very good food and drinks. The guac appetizer they make table side, is outstanding! If you go here, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, and very convenientJessicaDined on 9/10/2014My friends and I headed to Adobo Grill because I have heard such great things about it. We also were seeing a Second City show, so it was the perfect spot to grab dinner before the show, especially on a rainy evening. Food was very good, loved the tamales, wish they were 3x the size!Special Features:
- JulesDined on 8/30/2014We were very pleased with our food choices; quality and flavors were excellent and the service was outstanding. The noise level was low which was a treat.Special Features:
- 8/22/2014DanoverVIPDined on 8/22/2014Last minute selection for Friday night....as usual, it was extremely good. Staff very good and the food was tremendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinner before Second CityatlantaDined on 8/18/2014We recently had an enjoyable dinner at Adobo before a Second City show. Since we weren't very hungry due to a late lunch, we asked if we could share our salad and entrée. The mango jicama salad and grilled mahi mahi dinner were each beautifully presented on individual plates. It was delicious. We saw the waitstaff making tableside guacamole and it looked wonderful. We will recommend this restaurant to friends who visit ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale MexicanLouisVIPDined on 8/17/2014Great service here, consistently cleaning the table between courses. The Chipotle shrimp were excellent, as were the churros. Made-at-your-table guacamole is a must.Special Features:
- Fresh and flavorfulNonniDined on 8/16/2014Guacamole made table side is a must as is Adobo margarita. Great accommodations for my vegan diet. Spouse enjoyed fresh fish with Spanish influence. Service attentive. A cut above traditional Mexican fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhNoflavorVIPDined on 8/14/2014I didn't find anything special about this place. There was no flavor.
- Warm and welcomingChristyViewpointVIPDined on 8/14/2014The people who work at Adobo are kind, helpful and caring. They are proud of their restaurant and they should be. This is high end Mexican food, beautifully plated. Brimming with fresh, exciting flavors, artfully plated. The decor is bright, warm and embracing. Everyone down to the buses are gracious and responsive hosts. Bravo. Absolutely delightful. And the quacomole made fresh at your table was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/11/2014We went before a Second City Show and thought everything was perfect. Food delicious, service great, and atmosphere warm and upbeat. Would go there often if I lived in Chicago.Special Features:
- Just Wonderful!KanEatDined on 8/10/2014Everything is wonderful here! The food is fresh and the service is great. We started our meal with the guacamole which was prepared tableside and delicious. The tradional margaritas were perfect! We shared a variety of entrees....fish tacos, shrimp and steak....and they were all so good. I think that you could order anything on the menu and be very happy with your meal. This meal was one of the highlights of our trip to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great authentic Mexican foodKobeburgerDined on 8/9/2014Freshly made guacamole mixed table side to your liking. Great tequila and drink selections. Great food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food that Taste Great!Gr8foodalwaysDined on 8/9/2014The food is always taste really good, the server are very helpful and able to fully explain the specials. The drinks are always made to perfection. I would recommend this place a thousand times over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near Second CityYummyVIPDined on 8/2/2014This is a good option for those looking to have a dinner before a Second City show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a solid Oldtown option, but .regulardinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014We went to Adobo Grill with an out-of-town guest for Second City. At the least, Valet parking is a bargain relative to the horrible attached parking garage, but the food and serviced has always been an added plus. We enjoyed our meals but noticed a smaller menu and a smaller, made-at-the-table guacamole. Still a great option for the neighborhood but if it slips further, the parking may not be enough to get us there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014The tamale appetizer was fabulous. The vegetarian enchiladas the waiter recommended were watery and tasteless, very disappointed and my husband found his steak a bit tough. The menu needs an update, it feels like it has been the same for years -- and the special of baby octopus was not going to happen for us. The margaritas were great but I thought overpriced. It was not crowded on a Friday night -- but we were sitting next to a party of four who were drinking the tequila flight and they got very loud and annoying.
- Great TimeAlDinerDined on 7/30/2014Came here with a group of 3 others for dinner and drinks before a Second City show. It definitely didn't disappoint! The tableside guac was amazing, and they shook & poured our margaritas at the table -- they were also delicious. Service was great, very attentive. I had the fish tacos which were really good. Maybe not the best i've ever had, but definitely up there! The server recommended the Carne Asada, so I'll definitely come back whenever I can to give that a try.Special Features:
- Delicious food!fatkidDined on 7/25/2014Adobo's food was delicious. They say they're famous for their guacamole, and it lived up to all of its hype. The food came out quickly, the waiter was fantastic and friendly, and overall it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Great, casual funmrbillcoachDined on 7/14/2014Adobo cafe is a place for Mexican food well above tacoria quality, yet fairly priced. We had beef pork and shrimp among the three of us and all three were excellent tasting, well prepared and perfectly served. But don't miss the guacamole prepared table side. It's superb. And like all the places in the daVinci group, the service is higher quality than the price indicates.Special Features:
- Will definitely be back.MomanddaughterDined on 7/3/2014Must try pineapple margaritas! Table side guacamole was wonderful. Loved our waiter.Special Features:
- BananaDined on 6/28/2014Yummy food, good location, nice ambiance. It's a great place to go before Second City. Fave thing on the menu was definitely the margaritas.Special Features:
- daisyluv07Dined on 6/28/2014the food is delicious and authentic, there is not a bad dish on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time Mexican FavorietgmsattyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Although my wife and I don't do Mexican too often, when we do we almost always go to Adobo in Old Town. No one beats their great guacamole, and prices are very reasonable. We took our son and daughter in law there for her birthday and we all really liked what we ordered. I had the skirt steak and it was great, while my wife had the duck breast, which she said was very tasty. Adobo is great and you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- The following 785 reviews are from the Adobo Grill - Old Town reviews archive.
- ReviewHollyVIPDined on 6/22/2014Great atmosphere and the food is excellent! Great for family dining or just a quick bite with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor summer diningAPPLESAUCE6142014Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent service. The staff made us feel welcome! Interior has a beautiful bar, wood floors, and lots of seating. Authentic Mexican cuisine. Outdoor seating is for people watching. Delicious breakfast menu and great drinks.Special Features:
- Excelent service and great food.FabulousoDined on 6/13/2014You will not go wrong choosing this restaurant. The quality of food and service is always top drawer. And the best margaritas... You must have one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!urbanrevDined on 6/12/2014I have been here in the past and expected a crowd. Came in for dinner before a Second City show. Miguel took care of us well and did a great job of being there when we needed him and being gone when we didn't. The food was delicious and the Margaritas were excellent!Special Features: