Adobo Grill - Downtown Indianapolis
110 E Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Adobo Grill - Downtown Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.adobogrill.com/
- Phone: (317) 822-9990
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Othon Angel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From 8-90 people, we have beautiful spaces to suit your needs. Vibrant, authentic Mexican flavor provides a feast for all the senses — that’s FiestAdobo!
Call us today to arrange your party!
- Private Party Contact: George Munoz 3178229990
A word from Adobo Grill - Downtown Indianapolis
Adobo Grill brings contemporary fine Mexican cuisine to downtown Indianapolis. By using traditional cooking methods and ingredients such as jicama and cactus, Adobo Grill showcases the regional cuisine of Mexico. The chef’s unique approach uses the cooking styles of several regions in Mexico and the freshest ingredients to create flavorful dishes with flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Adobo Grill - Downtown Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Adobo Grill - Downtown Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (13)romantic (12)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Best guacamole in townOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2014This is a very good restaurant. I had a salad for dinner and it was definitely an entree sized salad. My husband had fish that was perfectly prepared. Highly recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experienceSusanDined on 10/21/2014Our group of 4 had a reservation for dinner. We chose this restaurant due to its location near Banker's Life Fieldhouse, as we were attending an event that evening. We were seated late, a server never came, the water girl took our drink order (which didn't show up for 25 minutes). We flagged down the one waiter in the entire restaurant - he could not suggest one item that could be served quickly. We asked for the bill for the drinks and he brought someone else's check with their credit card inside. We were there for 1-1/2 hours and had chips and one drink. We were offered no excuses and no apologies. It appears that MANY others in the restaurant had the same experience. There are too many alternatives in Indy to waste time here.
- One of my favorites!BeenThereAteThatDined on 10/18/2014This is a family owned and operated Mexican restaurant. I love the room itself, the two story bar wall makes for a grand entrance. The food is fantastic and upper scale. Try the guacamole is it made to order and awesome!! I dine here EVERY time I blow thru Indy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Our drinks did not come as ordered, one of our party finally gave up after two incorrect orders and drank water. The table-made guacamole was excellent, but the enchiladas were not the best. I ordered chicken, but I think I received veggie and I didn't care for it. There was an odd taste to the entire dinner. I'm not sure that anyone in our party actually received what they ordered in total. I expected better, especially for the price. I doubt whether we will return.
- Late night reservationsushiloverVIPDined on 9/28/2014We came in very near closing for a reservation. We were treated wonderfully no one rushed us and the food was, as usual, excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Mexican foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was a great place for dinner for a group. One person's spouse was from Mexico and said the food was fantastic and authentic-not Tex Mex. prices are not too bad, and service was very fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Adobo GrillamyroetVIPDined on 9/27/2014I just wish it wasn't downtown. The food and service are consistently good. The fish tacos are my favorite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant!jaimeDined on 9/23/2014I went here on a business trip. The food was amazing and the service was excellent! We enjoyed the food and drinks immensely. I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guacamole GemCoronaDined on 9/15/2014Tries the taco sampler platter, what a great deal! We all enjoyed the variety and of course the table side made Guacamole!
- TwinpointeDined on 9/15/2014Always order the made at table guacamole. Main courses are expected Mexican meals but prepared so much better and with lots more eye appeal. Also have some non-expected offerings.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Treatgo2eatDined on 9/11/2014We held an "informal" firm meeting during lunch at Adobo. They afforded us a "private" dining room for four which was absolutely perfect. Also, the service was helpful and attentive. The signature guacamole that is prepared at the table was exceptional. Possibly the best guac I've had in either the U.S. or Mexico. Each of the four of us in attendance savored every gram of it. The entres were very good, and to a person we thought it was a great location and exceptional venue for lunch.Special Features:
- good food average servicenomnomDined on 9/9/2014Went there for lunch with a group from work. Food was good service was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night outIndyOutaTownerDined on 9/6/2014Table side guacamole is a must but you usually want more if sharing with a table of four. Fish tacos are amazing as are most of the appetizers. Decent Mexican beer selection and too many tequilas to chose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!AWest44Dined on 9/6/2014Healthy food choices, great service and neat atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best guac in town!TamTam84VIPDined on 8/31/2014While I always find the food at Adobo to be fantastic, their guac and margarita's are my favorite part of the dining experience. Made by hand at your table, the guacamole is full of flavor and an unbeatable freshness. Highly recommend for anyone looking for more authentic Mexican food with an upscale swing.Special Features:
- good mexicanmllcpaVIPDined on 8/31/2014the food was very good. It took forever to receive our dinner (over an hour). The server was not interested in anything but arguing. Fortunately the manager stepped in and rescued the situation. He more than made up for the server.
- Not Up To ParOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was not up to par and was a bit disappointing. The portion sizes were rather small for the price. The restaurant was very loud and the service was incredibly slow. This is not a place that I could suggest and I will be in no hurry to return.
- slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We went to this place to celebrate an early labor day with the family. It started out fine, but later we found that we were constantly waiting for service. We waited a good 15 minutes before we were served with chips and salsa. My Mother-in-laws water was gone and we couldn't find our waiter. She ended up drinking my sister-in-laws water. After waiting for another 15 minutes, the waiter finally took our order. Our food took a very long time to get to our table. We had to ask a bus boy to get our waiter so we could order dessert. When we were done with our meal, we had to flagged down our waiter for our check. Overall, I would not recommend this place to anyone. The food was okay but the service was horrible!!
- Tableside GuacamoleGreatStaffDined on 8/30/2014Is to die for! I have never had a bad meal there wether it was lunch or dinner. This is one of my new favorite places. The staff at Adobos is amazing, always attentaive and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BburgDinersBburgDinersDined on 8/30/2014This was our second time at Adobo. Both times the service and food have been excellent. It is noisy but that seems to be most restaurants any more. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Food was good, but service was poorJeffDined on 8/23/2014Four of us dined on Saturday night. I made a reservation for 7:30pm, but had to wait 15min due to the large volume of people that ate early before the Colts game. We sat down at our table, but didn't see our waiter for 15min after we sat down. He took our order for drinks and guacamole tableside. The lady came right away and made the guacamole (excellent, good presentation and very fresh ingredients), but no drinks for another 10 min!! Finally our drinks came and we ordered our entrees. The entrees came in a reasonable amount of time. The food was good, not great. If they are trying to impress during the Devour Indy promotion, they definitely need to improve on their service. The food could be fresher.Special Features:
- William LukenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our reservations were at 7:00pm which they did seat us promptly, but from there it went downhill. It was 10 minutes before we saw our waitress, when we finally got to order our appetizer and drinks she was in an extreme hurry and did not explain anything about the drinks, i ordered a sangria which i received but 2 of the other guests ordered mango margaritas which we still did not receive at the end of the meal at that time we had to find our waitress and tell her not to bother with the drinks. During the course of the night we never did see our waitress until the end of the evening when we were ready for our bill. She never apologized for the drinks or her lack of appearances. We had to ask for our dishes to be cleared.
- Fast and Great Service!NatGDined on 8/23/2014We went with friends and the attention was very fast, exquisite food and a nice atmosphere. The Margaritas and micheladas everyone should try! Excellent restaurant!Special Features:
- Another great experience!laves0826Dined on 8/23/2014We make it downtown for dinner several times a year and ADOBO is a MUST stop! Great food--chips/salsa are excellent---and their regular menu is really good! Margarita's from scratch and served at the table is a nice feature! Try the chocolate tamal for dessert! WOW--it is YUMMY!
- Awesome guacamole!PhoodiegirlVIPDined on 8/4/2014The table side guacamole is incredible! We are hooked and keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of MoneyFoodLovers14Dined on 8/1/2014Not thrilled with the $95.00 bill for what we got. Food was expensive, not a very large selection on the menu, waiter told us they can not do any substitutions. Just not a place we will return to.
- The following 794 reviews are from the Adobo Grill - Downtown Indianapolis reviews archive.
- EsperanzaYumYumyummersDined on 7/22/2014I have been to your restaurant twice and had the same lovely waitress. I believe the receipt said Esperanza. I would go back for that service alone; however, I really like your margaritas with Silver Tequila as well.Special Features:
- Great Drinksgstr0hDined on 7/12/2014After waiting nearly 20 minutes for someone to take our drink/app order, we received excellent drinks. I had the coconut mojito and my friend had the Adobo margarita. Both were delicious, as was the table-side-made guacamole. As for the entrees, they left much to be desired. The carne asada, and the tacos de carne asada were both over-cooked and very dry. Both dishes lacked much flavor, which was surprising after tasting the drinks and guac. In conclusion, this place would be great for happy-hour cocktails and appetizers, but I would skip the dinner part.Special Features:
- Used to love this place!msvalerieDined on 7/12/2014We used to love this place. We had dinner here Saturday night for the first time in 3 years (we had moved out of town and back). I was underwhelmed. Where was the fantastic menu? Why, at 6 p.m. when there was virtually no one in the restaurant, were we seated at a terrible table on the second floor? This with reservations. The bar menu was still extensive and attractive, but I thought the servings were overpriced. The service was great, but nothing else stood out about this meal. Not in love with Adobo Grill anymore, and so sad about that.
- The guacamole!JennfromCincinnatiDined on 7/2/2014The gaucamole alone is a reason to eat here. They make it right at your table fresh. They give you an option of mild, medium or hot. Great food, drinks and atmosphere. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaniDined on 6/27/2014This place was fabulous! Great food...especially the tableside guacamole. The food was excellant and the staff was very friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationTM0607Dined on 6/27/2014We had a reservation at the Adobe Grill at 2:30 PM on a Friday. There were only a couple of tables filled with customers at the time. Our service was average. I was somewhat disappointed because I had informed the restaurant that we were celebrating two birthdays, however; the server failed to acknowledge them:(
- Nice FindDiner123Dined on 6/20/2014This restaurant was a nice find with a great location in downtown Indianapolis. Our group was seated quickly and well serviced. Having guacamole made at you dinner table was a fun touch as well. I did dine here twice while in the area.Special Features:
- Nice Shirt DateindysunshyneDined on 6/20/2014For our most recent nice shirt date we wanted something that was downtown, nice but not too pricey. Abuelo met all the criteria. We had the Tableside Guacamole which was deliciously amazing! (we ordered it spicy). The Vegetales Tacos which were also delicious - the combination of the vegetables and the goat cheese worked well together. If I were creating this dish at home, I would have added mushrooms. The side order of black beans was bland but edible. For dessert, we ordered the Chocolate Tamal. The presentation of the cake in the corn husk was well executed. The ice cream and cherries served with it were great but they did not offset the bitterness of the cake. It could have used a milk chocolate center or some type of fruit filling.Special Features:
- Not at all what expected...HexManVIPDined on 6/7/2014Highly dissatisfied. Food was nothing special. Salsa night lacked salsa music. Waiters were rude. Ambiance and crowd sketchy.Special Features:
- Fun Girls' Night!rudy53Dined on 5/31/2014We had a fun girls' night out here for our party of eight. Very accommodating when we were running a bit late for our reservations. Wonderful food & service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FooderrycastDined on 5/24/2014Had a great time. The tableside guacamole was very good. Had the best Chicken Enchiladas... ever.Special Features:
- Just okTanyaDined on 5/24/2014Ive been here several times and this was the least impressive. Margarita came with salt even though i ordered NO salt. The guacamole was excellent. The Meat dishes were a bit tough and the fish was a really small portion for the price. Id go back for a drink and apps but that's it.Special Features:
- UnimpressedctgoldenbearVIPDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I were extremely disappointed with our experience at the Adobo Grill. To start with, our waiter appeared bored and presented an air of allofness. It took forever for him to just take our drink order. The margerita was extremely weak and rather expensive. However, the sangria was excellent; one of the best I ever tasted. With respect tot he food, it was nothing special and extremely overpriced for what you get. One of our meals (pork pibil) was very good, but the tacos and everything else was only average at best. It seems that the Adobo Grill put most of the money, time and effort in the appearance of the restaurant, with little attention to the quality of the food and service.
- Great Guac. & Chile RellenoMikeDined on 5/22/2014The guacamole made at your table was wonderful, and available spicy (you can choose-we like it hot and other restaurants don't have it). Also, the best chile relleno in the city since Cafe Sante Fe closed (sob).