Adobe Resort - Oregon
1555 Hwy 101
Yachats, OR 97498Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Adobe Resort - Oregon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.adoberesort.com/
- Phone: (541) 547-5820
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday:
Reservations can be made for Dinner:
Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Reservations can also be made for
Sunday Brunch: 8:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Garnett Black
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a separate dining area that can be closed off to the public for banquet functions accommodating up to 110 people. Or a landing area that can be rented for a group up to 30 people.
- Private Party Contact: Kathleen Wick 5415475823x
- Special Events: For parties larger than 10....there is a possibility you will be seated at more than 1 table
A word from Adobe Resort - Oregon
The Adobe Restaurant is part of a resort that is situated in the quiet village of Yachats, located on the central Oregon Coast. A two tiered dining room allows for a view of awe inspiring sunsets and torrential storms sitting just 50 feet from the Pacific Ocean"s edge. Our restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, dinner and appetizers in our lounge. We have a wide variety of cuisines to choose from on our menu, with nightly specials of fresh fish and hand-cut steaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Adobe Resort - Oregon - Best Restaurants in Yachats ›
Adobe Resort - Oregon reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (12)romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- winendineDined on 9/5/2014Very disappointing. Good looking menu but, didn't deliver. The scallops were over cooked, the grilled razor clams were over cooked - sent them back and the 2nd serving of razor clams weren't much better. The Halibut fish and chips were deep fried "fish sticks". The salad bar's vegetables were all pickled! The condiments were late coming to the table. Soup was served late, as an after thought. The waitress seemed overloaded and couldn't keep up. She was friendly and tried. Overall my husband and I would not go back nor my brother & his wife. None of us would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Wow!JazzDined on 9/3/2014What a fantastic place....food was outstanding and the view of the ocean was stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School PerfectionpmitchdubDined on 8/31/2014The Adobe is like a step back in time, but in a wonderful way. The service and food are top notch. Isn't the salad bar something that everyone loves? It is likely you will see a whale!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful location, horrible foodFlo1969Dined on 8/19/2014The location was gorgeous, unfortunately the food HORRIBLE... The shrimp in soy sauce not edible... Pasta fettuchine drown in cream. What a shame!!! Very good service, nice wine, nice setting... Too bad for the food
- Fabulous!KatheDined on 8/10/2014As always, wonderful brunch, great view and terrific sparkling wine! The pasta primavera was to "die for!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Great view!DeannaDined on 8/5/2014Although the food was good, it is not the main reason for eating here. A great place to watch the sunset while having a meal. The food is good just not as memorable as the view.Special Features:
- Travel2ORDined on 8/5/2014The Teriyaki Steak I ordered "medium" was as "well done" as it could be. It was dry and tasteless. The salad bar selection was very limited.Special Features:
- what's wrong with the phone?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We enjoyed our dinner at the Adobe, and we were VERY appreciative of the reservations staff being flexible when we discovered we were running late. We would have preferred to make the reservation on the telephone because we are not computer techhies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 88 reviews are from the Adobe Resort - Oregon reviews archive.
- Top shelfFritzDined on 7/16/2014We had two breakfasts and one dinner here and enjoyed every moment and every dish. It was hard to break away and walk downtown for the remaining meals. But we did. There are many very good places to eat in Yachats, OregonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014When stating we had a reservation, we were given a table by a window which was very nice. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. The food was good (grilled oysters and captain's plate) though the baked potatoes were a little cool. Overall, we were happy with our dinner.Special Features:
- very goodgoodfoidDined on 7/3/2014The halibut was the best we have ever had. The waitress was perfect and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!KatheDined on 6/29/2014Right on the Pacific Ocean, incredible views. One of the best brunches ever -- lots of choices and everything very fresh. Be sure to try the Bananas Foster French Toast. Even a bottle of champagne for the table is very reasonable. One of the best values around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, decent pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Yachats dining options are slim if you don't want fast food so we often eat at the Adobe when we are in town. Adobe falls just short of the "fit for foodies" checkbox but is always good food at a fair price, including some nice wines.Special Features:
- Ocean view and OK salad barAnniversaryDined on 6/28/2014The ocean view was very nice and the salad bar OK but the food did not meet our expectation. I had the beer battered shrimp which did not seem like it was and the taste was somewhat bland. My wife had the shrimp scampi and it tasted like iodine. The manager did accommodate our request to change to a different dish and replaced it with the prime rib which was better than the shrimp. After talking to some locals they recommend it for drinks and appetizers.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingLuvgoodfoodDined on 6/5/2014The only redeeming quality about this restaurant is the lovely view of the ocean. The food was quite mediocre. The service not much better, though the waitress was friendly, she was stretched too thin. The calamari was decent, tender enough, but very small portion and only cocktail sauce as an accompaniment. Had petite filet mignon wrapped in bacon topped with a blueberry sauce with a garnish of pepperocini and black olive on top---strange. Definitely far from gourmet. Steaks were overcooked even though we asked for medium-medium rare. Salad bar is interesting not in a good way. I rarely write bad reviews, but this place needs a major makeover!Special Features:
- Yachats Classic on Pacific OceancharlestondiningfanVIPDined on 6/2/2014This was our second visit to Yachats, which we love, but our first time at Adobe. It's part of a resort, but also a classic stand-alone restaurant that's highly recommended. It overlooks the crashing Pacific and serves old school seafood in creative ways. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceNoxtremeDined on 5/26/2014Everything about this place was great. The food was really good and had great presentation. The view is nearly like sitting on the beach. The service was friendly and on top of everything (we didn't have to ask for anything because it was already offered). Noise level was quite good (not to much you couldn't hear but not so quite you felt like you had to speak quietly). On top of it all the price was reasonable. I will come back if I have the chance.Special Features:
- GreatSpotFunDiningDined on 5/15/2014I have been going to The Adobe Restaurant for 20 years. The dining room is located on a cliff in front of the Pacific Ocean, and the incoming waves smash against the rocky shore with great amounts of spray. The Early Bird option (seated before 6 PM Sunday thru Thursday) features a menu with 10 entrees and a soup or salad bar. The salad bar has about 20 items. Each dinner on the Early Bird is $13.95. Great views, and when whales are migrating they can be seen from the windows.Special Features:
- Awesome Mom Days Brunch!KimmerDined on 5/11/2014The brunch on mother's day was very, very good. It was much better then in the past. My hats off to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay, overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food was not as good as expected. wanted more seafood. was not offered champagne or mimosa but later heard others say they were. The salmon mousse was wonderful, most everything else, not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OregoncoastfanDined on 4/20/2014We went for Easter brunch. The food was excellent as always. Our server was very upbeat and friendly. Can't beat the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food w/ a ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/25/2014Great Oceanside seafood experience. Excellent preparation and wait staff. A must do when we visit the central Oregon coast.Special Features:
- We've been to the Adobe manyjay1Dined on 2/21/2014We've been to the Adobe many times. Food is always good. Last time there I had lobster, it was not on the menu this time, disappointing. Wife always has pepper steak, hope it doesn't disappear or you'll be dealing with an unhappy grandmother. Ocean view room was very nice. Lovely weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine Day dinnertjeatsDined on 2/14/2014Food was good, wait between salad and dinner over 1 hr! No explanation given. Waitress inattentive and sloppy with removing plates. This is the only time this has happened for us otherwise I woquld have given a much lower rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to beat Adobe1980gl1100Dined on 2/10/2014For once, we had the kind of diing experience we want! Quiet, GREAT menu, great food, great service, great view, great drinks, everything GREAT. When they learned we were there celebrating our wedding anniversary, they even provided a complimentary dessert and a photo to take home. That's class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So HotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/16/2014Beautiful location with mediocre food and service, would not recommend at this time.Special Features:
- LuvbeachFoodfunVIPDined on 12/31/2013I would have given 5 stars but on New Years Eve dinner the kitchen was seriously behind. Late getting seated then meal 1 hour after that. Food was very good when delivered and hot. We ate there also the night before and everything was excellent!!! Would definitely recommend and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wrong menu and expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We were disappointed at the ''special'' menu for New Years Eve. We were looking forward to having a great dinner and stay for drinks afterward. Instead we had a limited chose of food, too expensive for what we received and had cut our evening short ! The food was ok but not nearly as good as the regular dinner menu. ( We are on a limited income) We probably won't dine at your restaurant on a HOLIDAY again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adobe not to be missed!KatheDined on 12/29/2013Incredible brunch! Chef Garnett Black is well-known on the coast and having him as chef in Yachats is a real boon. An amazing array of items, including on-request bananas foster french toast! And the view of the Pacific Ocean (and sometimes gray whales!) is not to be missed. The dining room has an old lodge feel to it and is very comfortable. All tables have an excellent view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The acknowledged "best place"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Your table is so close to the waves, you appreciate a bit of glass between you and the water. The food is very good, the wait staff experienced and attentive, the salad bar well stocked, the entrees well prepared, the ambiance is romantic and friendly without getting in the way. Meals are reasonably priced at what you would expect in a fine dining setting, and the view is priceless. During this visit we watched two whales spouting on their migration south, and enjoyed the occasional fishing boat pass by. The beach outside is a mix of sandy coves and rough rocks. Great for walking,watching, and tide pools easily accessed from a path. We recommend the Adobe to friends, and make the 270 mile drive from home as often as possible!Special Features:
- Food with a view.JakaDined on 12/25/2013Good food with a view of the ocean. Great place to watch the sun set while eating scrumptious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Day BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Absolutely the best Christmas Day Buffet on the Oregon Coast. We will do this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas 2013OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013The type of meal had changed from a fixed meal to a buffet. We missed the salad bar and the buffet, while decent, suffered from lack of replacement dishes. Often there were no items left in the trays and replacements were slow in coming. The food was ok but the plates from prior years were much better.
- FANATSTIC FOOD AND SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/28/2013Dorthy is the best. See attends to every dinners need. The best is she!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service, viewkarinelDined on 11/28/2013If you like oceanside dining (large picture windows!), good service and good food, go here for your dining. Second year we have done Thanksgiving dinner and will come again. Their Sunday brunch sounds good, too, as well as regular lunches and dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic viewBAC1Dined on 11/25/2013This restaurant has good food and service. It has many daily specials, the majority of which are typically seafood, but other options are available. They also have a nice salad bar. I have eaten there several times over the past five years and do not have any complaints. The high point is that it has a fantastic view of ocean waves crashing on the rocky shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Best on Oregon CoastdelanegDined on 11/15/2013Food selection is very good. Presentation of each of our dishes were outstanding as was the service. A very relaxing atmosphere where we did not feel rushed and was able to enjoy the excellent food, wine, service and view. We had a window table, but noticed that there really isn't a bad seat in the dining room. Thank you to all for a memorable evening. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchThe4BroncosDined on 11/3/2013Our family has been coming to the Adobe every for our children's birthday, since they were born (10-years). We always look forward to our special breakfast overlooking the ocean, and were VERY EXCITED to see the Sunday Brunch now available. It was FANTASTIC! Beautiful display of a wide variety of freshly made foods. The staff was very polite, attentive and respectful to all of us (the kids felt very important). The chefs were imaginative and proud of their work, with excellent suggestions for the made-to-order area. We were very impressed, and look forward to spending another birthday with your wonderful Sunday Brunch. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adobe resort restaurantmarstarDined on 10/21/2013Had a 5:00pm reservation, which seemed necessary to get a "view table" of the ocean shore along the windows of the restaurant. The salad bar was a nice option to have these days, although the vegetable selection was fairly limited. The time between visiting the salad bar and then getting your main course was surprisingly very long (exceeded 30 minutes). The were a fair number of people in the restaurant, but it was by no means "near full", so the wait seemed too long. The food was tasty and prepared well, and arrived hot. Will go back to this restaurant again, because of the outstanding ocean views, and the fact that the selection of "better & upscale restaurants is limited to about a total of two, for the small coastal town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservation process is unbeatable,cjdcDined on 10/20/2013reservation process is unbeatable, food was very good, ambiance was first rate and the service was above par.Special Features: