Waldorf Astoria Laquinta Resort & Spa
49-499 Eisenhower Dr.
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laquintaresort.com/
- Phone: 7605644111x5725
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Nightly from 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Lunch: beginning October 2, 2014 Thursday - Sunday 11:30AM - 3PM
Dinner: Beginning October 1, 2014 open nightly from 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10pm Weekdays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Comfort Food, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Stephen Strrickland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Personal wines welcome, View, Wine
- Entertainment: Inka Kings Friday's & Saturdays 7pm to 10pm (Peruvian Music)
- Special Events: Please contact Michele Frechette
A word from Adobe Grill
Famed for its award-winning tamales, housemade tortillas and selection of artisan tequila; Adobe Grill is an authentic regional Mexican dining experience located at La Quinta Resort & Club in the Palm Springs area. Adobe Grill is decorated in a traditional Oaxacan motif, highlighted by a ten foot tequila display, a double sided fireplace with a mosaic finish. Sliding patio doors allow the dining room and outdoor patio to become one. Let our master tequilero create a signature margarita from one of more than 100 tequilas. On weekends, we feature live music on the open air plaza in the heart of La Quinta Resort; come relax and take pleasure in the one of a kind surroundings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Adobe Grill - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
Adobe Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (26)kid-friendly (15)special occasion (15)romantic (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Great hotel restaurantDineforfunDined on 10/17/2014We had a delicious meal & our server Marco was very attentive. The Margaritas were yummy. Hotel restaurants are not known for great food, but Adobe would be one we'd frequent if we lived in Palm Desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014I must say we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Adobe Grill. We are a local resident and fine this place which is located in the beautiful La Quinta Resort a perfect setting. The service was impeccable. The food good. Kudos all the way around. Thank you again, The Mortons, La Quinta, CASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute placeCarebearqDined on 9/27/2014This place has a nice ambiance with live music and great outdoor seating. Unfortunately we were placed at a table right next to the restrooms with a tight squeeze with people going back and forth. The fish tacos and fried ice cream are delicious. The texture of their tamales is mediocre and I didn't think their Margaritas were anything special either. I love Mexican food, and with such a great ambiance, I would definitely go back... and request a better table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Victor provides the BEST service in the desert and we've been to a lot of restaurants!!!Special Features:
- Great Service & Tasty Food!Love2EatOutVIPDined on 9/7/2014My boyfriend and I stayed at La Quinta and we dined at Adobe Grill Sunday night. It was perfect from beginning to end. The host immediately knew we booked through Open Table and bought us a complimentary app. Eva was our server who was very attentive and had a great presence about her. The service was friendly, our food came out quickly and it was really a great experience all around. Upon leaving I asked for a glass of chardonnay to go, different from what I had ordered previously since I wasn't crazy about the first one. Eva apologized for me not loving the first one and brought me a second glass of a different wine on the house. Highly recommend Adobe Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Service was excellent, lots of staff on hand. Almost more 'cafeteria' style, and the food was just ok. Have had better Mexican in the valley, but it's all about the location here. The resort is fabulous, top notch and everyone extremely courteous and helpful.Special Features:
- Food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Everything was great! A little on the pricey end but it's at La Quinta Resort so thats to be expected. My husband said his food was the best he's had in a while and would definitely come back. Sorry cant remember what he ordered.Special Features:
- AwesomeNikeDined on 8/29/2014We went to celebrate a birthday and it was an awesome experience. The service was great and food was amazing, I would recommend my friends to go to Adobe. The manger in charged, she was extremely helpful and made everyone feel comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so much....AdobeGrilledVIPDined on 8/23/2014I made a reservation for 8:00PM and asked to be seated outdoors. We arrived to see that the space was under construction and we were seated on the balcony, all the way in the back by the bus person station. The service was very slow and the food and drink was very mediocre. The one upside was that we had a great view of the band playing in the outdoor lounge. One additional note... I made this reservation via Open Table. For some reason the restaurant did not acknowledge that I showed up for my reservation and I was asked to email a copy of the my bill so that I could accrue the points. When I was first asked, I described where we sat and what we ordered, that wasn't enough proof, they actually requested a copy of my receipt. ANNOYING!
- Great Service!foodie0116Dined on 8/22/2014Loved the ambiance, and the service was great they really go the extra mile for every customer. Highly reccommend this resturant to anyone who is looking for delicious food and outstanding service!Special Features:
- Improvement NeededroysVIPDined on 8/21/2014Food preparation was off quite a bit this visit Hopefully things get better
- Patio under constructionKrissy84Dined on 8/15/2014Patio is currently under construction so there are more people seated inside and no view! Still great food and amazing sangriaI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNikeDined on 8/14/2014Had an amazing experience. Food and service were great, I would recommend this spot to my friends and family. And I plan to return after an over all great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food & Service!Admp1Dined on 7/27/2014If you come here, you must try their guacamole and their margaritas! They're delicious and made to perfection. Their food is great and their servers are amazing and will make you feel at home. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad to Mediocre!DisappointedDined on 7/26/2014If you know and enjoy good authentic Mexican food, this is not the place for you. My wife, daughter and myself were quite surprised by how a place such as this beautiful resort would allow one of their restaurants serve such bland tasting dishes. I won't go into details about what we had as all three dishes were pretty bad...including those supposedly "Award Winning" tamales. My wife and I agreed that the tamales sold at Costco are much better. Our waiter promised that "anything" on the menu was fantastic. The chewy chips should have served as a warning. The place and atmosphere are nice and colorful but if you're expecting "fantastic" food, try your luck somewhere else. Don't mind paying for good food but this was undeservingly pricey.
- Good!Foodlover1VIPDined on 7/26/2014very nice hotel restaurant on a beautiful property.Special Features:
- Chips and SalsaAndrewDined on 7/4/2014The food is always good but The chips and salsa are the best. Guacamole too.Special Features:
- DinnerDinnerDined on 7/3/2014Was great but a bit to much noise But Servive was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticRaRaVIPDined on 6/24/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner. The table side guacamole is not to be missed and margaritas are great. Sit outside on the patio, if not too warm outside. Our waiter, Marco, was very helpful and extremely attentive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014It has been many years since dining at this restaurant.......in years past it was above average Mexican food.....it seems to have drifted into ordinary fare.....and very pricey ! would expect more in a high end resort such as La Quinta......Better food could be had at a local mom and pop operation on HWY 111 In Indio. Very disappointing!
- The following 495 reviews are from the Adobe Grill reviews archive.
- Great choice for MexicanwiningdiningDined on 6/21/2014Once again The Adobe Grill provided a great dinner and experience. The service here is impeccable and the table side guacamole is really really good. Known for their tamales, they did not disappoint. I got the carnitas tamales (2) and they were filling and succulent. We've only been there on weekend nights, where they have a band playing outside that really adds to the ambience. VERY family friendly, but also good for couples.Special Features:
- Great Mexican at La Quinta ResortHeinsterDined on 6/14/2014Had a Birthday celebration at this fun and attentive Mexican restaurant. Afterwards we sat outside and enjoyed the live music with drinks. Great tamales!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, Great FoodStevEpinionsDined on 6/13/2014Must try Chili Relliano and Tamales. The food here is very good, I love the outdoor bar area with the fountain and the band on Friday and Saturday night, great place to hang out with friends.Special Features:
- Great DiningNikeDined on 6/13/2014Great place food and drinks. We sat on The plaza the service was great, would recommend this place to a friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent food and services!!!CERM75VIPDined on 6/11/2014The services was awesome and the food was wonderful!!! Good selection of tequilas!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy :)Love07Dined on 6/11/2014Since the moment we walked in to the moment we left we felt welcome by every employee!! Our waitress was the best! He was very attentive and friendly! Food and drinks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Rate TamalesDishGroupieVIPDined on 6/7/2014I went to the restaurant specifically for tamales and I was not disappointed. The tamales were excellent. Service was also first rate!Special Features:
- Go BigGrumpyGusSaysDined on 5/31/2014The Margareta's are great... You have to go Big! Nice touch getting a taster on the house 'cause we booked our table through opentable. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim65Dined on 5/23/2014Excellent variety of tequilas. Known for their variety of margaritas. Outstanding fajitas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and romanticAboutTownDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed sitting outside at the patio, where we could see and hear the musicians. The view of the mountains was breathtaking and the old mexican village look of the ambiance made it very special. The food could be better, but the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We had a party of 6 diners and everyone seemed to enjoy their meal and the ambience. The only complaint was the server seemed over ambitious to clear the table and removed my dinner plate before I was finished eating and without asking if I was done. He also did the same with my margarita that was only half consumed. He also placed his fingers on the inside rim of my glass when taking it. When he realized I wasn't finished he then placed it back on table. By then my appetite for both food and drink was gone. He tried to redeem himself by bringing another margarita even after I told him I did not want it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Whole ExperienceadobeloveDined on 5/7/2014The Adobe Grill is a unique restaurant, being in one of the oldest Resorts in La Quinta, nestled on the second floor veranda, with sweeping views of the resort , Palm Trees and the mountains in the distance. A very relaxing experience, with excellent service to quiet your every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch in the Desert shade w/ a ViewLongTimeFoodieVIPDined on 5/6/2014This is a wonderful place, within the La Quinta Resort. We had done an hour hike, and came back for our reservation here. Siting on the balcony, drinking our draught beers while having the delicious guacamole made table side, while looking out of over the the La Quinta plaza, was sublime. Temps were low 90's not super hot, but this was a perfect table...you hear the fountains running as you sit and watch flags flutter in the breeze. The food, my tostada salad and my husband burrito, was very good. The service was charming, fun. Great restaurant for food and experience.Special Features:
- Adobe Grill - May 2014gojirasanVIPDined on 5/4/2014Ordinary run of the mill Americanized Mexican food. Not great, not terrible. The Tortilla Soup is more of a tomato based variant and is tastee. Comes in a rather large bowl (not a cup for sure) so combined with the 2 Tamales its more than enough food. The outdoor seating/ambience is nice with live music coming from the outdoor bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A++ Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2014Always have one of the best times here! Very beautiful scenery, small and focused menu and great drinks. Pleasure to come back for more!!Special Features:
- Great ambience!TrudyrooDined on 4/30/2014We love to eat outside and enjoy the view of the beautiful grounds . The service is excellent and the food is okay. We've been there several times and with one exception we've had a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great choiceHonestOneDined on 4/29/2014Great food, loved the patio seating outside with the live music. Sat at the table of our choice with no waiting. Very friendly wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor table arrangement.MarilynsdesignsDined on 4/23/2014Requested an outside table. We were sitting on a walkway. Lots of kids running around. People waiting to be seated. Very poor for such a high end hotel. Won't be back.Special Features:
- MediocreFoodieVIPDined on 4/23/2014We stayed at la Quinta resort. This restaurant was not on par with their other restaurant. So shoving to have such mediocre food. And we were seated in the hallway/path to bathrooms and elevator. Would not eat there again.
- Excellent service & foodBestMexDined on 4/23/2014The guacamole is so good. You must try it. Made fresh at your table. Everything I have ordered has been very tasty, from the carne asada to the chicken enchiladas. You won't be disappointed.Special Features: