798 Washington Street
Bath, ME 04530Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.admiralsteak.com/
- Phone: 2074432555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday Through Saturday 5-9 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Russ Hagan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Joe Byrnes 2074432555
A word from Admiral Steakhouse
A Rare Steakhouse Well Done! Serving dinner nightly in the heart of historic Bath. Offering the finest steaks in Mid-Coast Maine!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Admiral Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (12)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (6)romantic (6)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Dining experience not to be missed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014We ear out a lot and this is one of our favorite places. The service is friendly and excellent without being overbearing. And the food is terrific, whether you like a steak (their filet mignon is my favorite) or seafood. You can't go wrong by selecting this restaurant.Special Features:
- Admiral SteakhouseSandyDined on 8/9/2014My best friend and I had dinner at the Admiral in August. The food was superb and the atmosphere was quiet enough so we could enjoy our conversation. Our server went above and beyond to make our experience all the more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!AwesomeDined on 8/7/2014We had a great meal and our server was very attentive to our needs. Enjoyed a great conversation with the bartender before dinner. Highly recommend this restaurant, it is a real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful DinnerExecutiveVIPDined on 7/19/2014With the help of a seasoned waitress we had a wonderful Caesar salad dressed perfectly, however, homemade croutons would have been even better. The steak tips were tender and tasty and accompanied by sautéed onions and mushrooms. Your choice of a side dish made this a lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarthaDined on 7/12/2014The food for me was not to fantastic. My meal come not enough hot. The duck has any meet test.Special Features:
- ScrumptiousmeettoeatDined on 6/25/2014The steak tips on risotto were cooked exactly as I wanted, rare and juicy. Very yummy. Ditto spinach salad, warm bread and wine suggested by Erin, our terrific server. Wonderful, relaxing meal following a hectic day. Perfect.Special Features:
- BEST restaurant!elegantdiningDined on 6/21/2014I consider Admiral Steakhouse to be the BEST restaurant in the Bath-Brunswick area. The food is always fabulous- the service impeccable. Though we live on the coast and have the best seafood in the country, there are times when a great steakhouse is just what we want. Admiral Steakhouse surpasses any of the others I have been to anywhere else in the country!- and I have lived in the NYC area, St. Louis and Michigan. The portions are perfect-one can get giant-sized or petite-they fit whatever one's appetite demands. The service is always timely- one never feels rushed or forgotten. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough!Special Features:
- Great local findFmilderVIPDined on 6/14/2014The Admiral Steakhouse was a bit of a revelation. Caesar salads were tasty (but no croutons?) with family size, at double the price, about four times the size, steaks were tasty and exceptionally well prepared (my medium rate 20 oz NY sirloin was perfect). Desserts were excellent too, and my wife's glass of wine nearly filled the glass. Our waitress was knowledgeable and very cheery. Only oddity was showing up a half hour early, and being asked to please come back in a half hour, when the restaurant was half-full. But they were extremely nice about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a rare place indeed, and well done!lovetoeatoutDined on 6/6/2014Superb food and drink, attentive and friendly wait staff, a destination restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerCRogerTillDined on 6/5/2014My wife and I came to celebrate my birthday and we had a terrific meal. We both ordered the 6 oz. fillet, medium rare and they were perfect. We had an excellent bottle of cabernet and finished off with a piece of chocolate mousse cake that was very rich and delicious. Our server, Zoi, was excellent and attended to our every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 155 reviews are from the Admiral Steakhouse reviews archive.
- A VERY NICE FAMILY HOLIDAY DINNERmainefamilyDined on 4/19/2014We had our family of eight together for the holiday and we had a very nice dining experience. We were seated in our own room which made it relaxing to have conversations without worrying about our noise level. The food was great and our waitress was very nice. The prices were good. Overall, it was a very nice experience and I would recommend this restaurant to friends and our own customers.Special Features:
- Not the best steakhouse in the areaBuckeyeFanDined on 4/16/2014We have visited this steakhouse many times since they opened and have never had a bad experience. This time however, we left very disappointed. We ordered two steaks that were over done and way over seasoned. I have always enjoyed the steaks there, but something has changed since we were last there in February.Special Features:
- We very much enjoyed our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We very much enjoyed our first visit. My husband proclaimed the oysters to be wonderful and his prime rib was cooked to perfection. The garlic potatoes were very good - could have been a little warmer. The special spinach salad was also good with an interesting dressing. Only negative on the haddock was the neuburg sauce was a little watery. Crème brulee was top notch. A $34 bottle of pinot was an excellent value. Still off season so restaurant was not full...so noise level was minimal. Very attractive inside with paneled walls and nautical theme. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Belated Valentines Day Dinner!RonRo6644Dined on 2/28/2014I was called out to travel on Valentines Day, had to move our reservation. They made the evening feel like it was Valentines Day. Well done Admiral Steak House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was friendly and accommodatinPaulDined on 2/26/2014Staff was friendly and accommodating, food was excellent and atmosphere was pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day dinnerdineinstyleDined on 2/14/2014The food was delicious. I had the center cut filet mignon- tender and tasty- and my husband had the skewered scallops which he said was delicious. I had requested a "warm corner" and we were accommodated. It was a busy evening. The tables were very close together so the atmosphere was not as intimate as I had hoped. Overall, the service was good and our food was excellent. I would recommend Admiral Steakhouse as a classy alternative to pub dining.Special Features:
- SpecialTomaryDined on 2/14/2014Admiral Steakhouse went above and beyond to make our Valentines Day a special event. The service was outstanding and the meal delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014We had lovely evening with our family. The restaurant was small, but very comfortable. There was a nice selection of entrees ... and desserts. Everything was delicious and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Gem in BathStanDined on 1/31/2014This is a steak house with wonderful food, attentive service and a quiet, dignified ambiance. It is the kind of place for a quiet drink followed by a delicious meal. The service is professional, friendly yet unobtrusive. It is a real treat to dine here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Little GemPyppynDined on 1/25/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate our 17th anniversary. I wish I could remember our waitresses name as she was outstanding :-) We will definitely be back and will recommend this lovely little gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and foodMimilivesinMaineDined on 1/24/2014The service and food at this restaurant is top shelf. The waitstaff is very knowledgeable and helpful and the food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in the City of ShipsBillHDined on 1/4/2014Bath is known more for shipbuilding and maritime history than fine dining but the Admiral's Steakhouse provides the latter while surrounding you in a beautiful maritime setting. Nothing tacky, just gorgeous wood paneling, paintings and models of historic vessels and some of the best food in the state of Maine. Very much worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always…OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014We have enjoyed The Admiral Steakhouse on a number of occasions. The food is always great, service reliable, friendly and attentive. There is a small room (maybe seats 20?) that is used for regular dining as well as group bookings. It's private and as well appointed as the rest of the restaurant. The ambience is perfect for a quiet night out, dark wood panelling and soft lighting make it relaxing. We're never rushed and appreciate the quiet calm of the place when we want to be able to talk. We recommend it highly. The salmon and the creme brulee are personal favorites…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The service and food were excellent. However, the portions were small for the price.Special Features:
- A Restaurant With ClassSuomiDined on 12/31/2013The diner would never realize this flower of a restaurant bloomed from a gas station! It's shines with class and attentive wait staff. Complimentary bread before the meal and delectible entree. I chose the cheesecake for dessert which was rather dry. My date had bananas foster and enjoyed his dessert very much. Joe Byrne stopped by our table for a hello. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back!dineinstyleDined on 12/31/2013Our meal was delicious, served in a timely manner (even on New Years eve), and competitively priced . Our waitress, a former acquaintance, was charming and efficient. It was a little noisy but the room was full and it was a holiday! We will return. I have food allergies and I noted there were many items I can try safely.Special Features:
- knot for medevonDined on 12/21/2013I Expected a lot more than what we got. The food was overpriced when it was diner quality. The one plus side was the service.Special Features:
- Treat for a special coupleTorinDined on 12/20/2013The event was a Christmas dinner for a couple that have become close friends. The ambience, decor, and service were the perfect setting for enjoyment of a delicious meal and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ron's reviewDinewithRonDined on 11/28/2013My wife and I have eaten here a few times, usually for a special occasion. It is a step above most other local restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and perfect timingShowgoersDined on 11/22/2013We were going to show after dining, & all parties knew our limitations and made a wonderful effort for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FindSpiritDined on 11/22/2013This was my first experience at this restaurant. It was absolutely fabulous. There were four of us and we all agreed we would return. The food was delicious and very well presented. The service was exquisite and we loved our waitress. She was very attentive and quick but not interruptive. It was a joyous time for us all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fool me oncedisappointedDined on 11/22/2013We were very disappointed with the noise level. We couldn't carry on a normal ( or even close to normal) conversation with people sitting across the table. The food was okay, but the noise level took over the dining experience. We are very sorry to have had this experience. The waitress was excellent .
- Two thumbs up!RumblyTummyDined on 11/16/2013We rarely go out for beef, but we had a Restaurants.com certificate we wanted to use. Admiral Steakhouse was near us, so my husband and I had a free evening, and made it a date night. It was just perfect. It was pricey but the quality of the food and service made it well worth it. The steak was melt in your mouth delicious! Garlic smashed potatoes were perfect as was the chopped salad, appetizer Portobello Rockefeller, and Pumpkin Creme Brulee! We left with very happy bellies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks were perfectly prepared,ajp2754Dined on 10/26/2013Steaks were perfectly prepared, great service and atmosphere. I highly recommend the Admiral Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We chose admirals for theboxtopladyDined on 10/26/2013We chose admirals for the place we wanted to take our so. And his friends for parents weekend. Food was good and decor was really nice. Our waitress seemed overwhelmed and her attention to us was dismal. After waiting 45 minutes for salads a d soups my husband approached her in private only to have her offer one excuse after another which just made us more frustrated with her. The boys enjoyed their meals and seeing the other tables around us receive good service they would like to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the priestsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2013Every once in a while we get a special urge to treat special people to a dinner. This is the ideal place to do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, iffy service this time3RosettesVIPDined on 8/18/2013We've enjoyed Admiral Steakhouse several times and were happy to bring guests with us again this past weekend. The food is quite good at Admiral, dependably so. The chopped salad is like a mini-Cobb, just mixed up, and delicious. Our wait-person was not having the best day, however, and while not inaccurate in getting the right food to the right person, just on the thoughtless side...somewhere in the ionosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just one flawLaTraviataVIPDined on 8/3/2013We had excellent appetizers, salads, and entrees - the duck was tender and perfectly cooked. The only problem was with the two starch side dishes. The smashed potatoes were tasty but only lute warm, but the cheesy grits were an un-eatable, cold hard ball. One got the impression they had been sitting around for awhile. Our server was quick to see the problem and brought a prompt substitution. This was the only thing that kept the food from being 5 star. We will certainly return again, and maybe try the cheesy grits again hoping the problem was a one-off late at night. The entire staff also is quite hospitable and service oriented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!mamabo61Dined on 7/30/2013Stopped on a Tuesday night on our way to Maine and could not have been happier with our choice! The restaurant was very accommodating to our large party of nine including a very rambunctious 18 month old. The food, from the delicious wedge salad to the perfectly prepared steaks and delightful desserts was great. As a bonus, the wait staff was attentive and friendly. We will be sure to stop here on our annual trip to Maine next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time, and service andfoodluverDined on 7/26/2013Third time, and service and food is consistently very good. Lobster Bisque and Prime Rib, YUM! I would recommend making a reservation. Great for special occasions, or a romantic dinner with your significant other. Will definately be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.