798 Washington Street
Bath, ME 04530Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.admiralsteak.com/
- Phone: (207) 443-2555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday Through Saturday 5-9 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Russ Hagan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Joe Byrnes 2074432555
A word from Admiral Steakhouse
A Rare Steakhouse Well Done! Serving dinner nightly in the heart of historic Bath. Offering the finest steaks in Mid-Coast Maine!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Admiral Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Bath ›
Admiral Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (13)romantic (10)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Excellent meal find in the mid coast.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Salads and entries were great. Good prices, great preparation. Wait staff was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak houseDonKDined on 11/6/2014Large succulent, briny oysters and very tender, tasty streaks. filet migon excellent. Sauce bernaise a bit disappointing as prepared differently to my expectations, but good nonetheless. Very reasonably priced good wine list. Wood paneled dining room reminds me of top NYC steak houses. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backJacobODined on 10/11/2014My girlfriend and I dined at Admiral Steakhouse for the first time after receiving a gift card to the restaurant and we had an amazing time. The service was incredibly friendly and accommodating the moment we walked through the door. Given that it was our first time we turned to our waitress's advice on certain menu items and her recommendations were spot-on. The prices were what you would expect from a higher-end steakhouse like Admiral, but it was certainly worth every penny. Though it's not a spot that fits into our budget often, it will definitely be a place to return on special occasions as well as a location we'll recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible steak...betsydjDined on 9/26/2014Best filet! Service was attentive and waitstaff knew exactly what I wanted in rareness of the steak. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Outstanding once againlovefoodDined on 9/20/2014Admirals Steakhouse once again did not disappoint. The service, food, ambiance was again there. It is always such a pleasure to dine there.Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentMaineCathyDined on 9/20/2014We've been dining at Admiral Steakhouse since they opened. We're always delighted with the food, ambiance and service. The wait staff pay great attention and serve the courses with great timing. (I hate it when I have two spoonsful of soup and then the entrée comes out! grr!) The cocktails are delightful - I usually get the Casco Bay Breeze - so yummy! The steaks, seafood, everything is so delicious. I have never been disappointed. Try it - you'll love it!Special Features:
- MugsDined on 9/14/2014Had a great dinner. Food was very good. Everyone was very nice and very friendly. Really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Exceptional DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious and the waitress was very attentive to our needs. The drinks were refreshing and the asiago bread with whipped butter made us look forward to what was ahead. The escargot stuffed mushrooms were very tasty. We ordered the prime rib and roasted duck, both were extremely tasty. All in all, this was a very enjoyable experience. If you are in the area, this would be worth your time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovefoodlovefoodDined on 8/31/2014Once again, Admiral Steakhouse lived up to our expectation. We took another couple with us and they couldn't say enough nice things about everything - food, service, atmosphere, etc. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We have always had a good experience at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local steak house.GreeniesDined on 8/22/2014A centrally located local restaurant with parking. They serve great steaks and the house salad dressing is excellent. It's a very nice and reasonably priced steak house.Special Features:
- Dining experience not to be missed!ArmandDined on 8/17/2014We ear out a lot and this is one of our favorite places. The service is friendly and excellent without being overbearing. And the food is terrific, whether you like a steak (their filet mignon is my favorite) or seafood. You can't go wrong by selecting this restaurant.Special Features:
- Admiral SteakhouseSandyDined on 8/9/2014My best friend and I had dinner at the Admiral in August. The food was superb and the atmosphere was quiet enough so we could enjoy our conversation. Our server went above and beyond to make our experience all the more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!AwesomeDined on 8/7/2014We had a great meal and our server was very attentive to our needs. Enjoyed a great conversation with the bartender before dinner. Highly recommend this restaurant, it is a real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 162 reviews are from the Admiral Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Delightful DinnerExecutiveVIPDined on 7/19/2014With the help of a seasoned waitress we had a wonderful Caesar salad dressed perfectly, however, homemade croutons would have been even better. The steak tips were tender and tasty and accompanied by sautéed onions and mushrooms. Your choice of a side dish made this a lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarthaDined on 7/12/2014The food for me was not to fantastic. My meal come not enough hot. The duck has any meet test.Special Features:
- ScrumptiousmeettoeatDined on 6/25/2014The steak tips on risotto were cooked exactly as I wanted, rare and juicy. Very yummy. Ditto spinach salad, warm bread and wine suggested by Erin, our terrific server. Wonderful, relaxing meal following a hectic day. Perfect.Special Features:
- BEST restaurant!elegantdiningDined on 6/21/2014I consider Admiral Steakhouse to be the BEST restaurant in the Bath-Brunswick area. The food is always fabulous- the service impeccable. Though we live on the coast and have the best seafood in the country, there are times when a great steakhouse is just what we want. Admiral Steakhouse surpasses any of the others I have been to anywhere else in the country!- and I have lived in the NYC area, St. Louis and Michigan. The portions are perfect-one can get giant-sized or petite-they fit whatever one's appetite demands. The service is always timely- one never feels rushed or forgotten. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough!Special Features:
- Great local findFmilderVIPDined on 6/14/2014The Admiral Steakhouse was a bit of a revelation. Caesar salads were tasty (but no croutons?) with family size, at double the price, about four times the size, steaks were tasty and exceptionally well prepared (my medium rate 20 oz NY sirloin was perfect). Desserts were excellent too, and my wife's glass of wine nearly filled the glass. Our waitress was knowledgeable and very cheery. Only oddity was showing up a half hour early, and being asked to please come back in a half hour, when the restaurant was half-full. But they were extremely nice about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a rare place indeed, and well done!lovetoeatoutDined on 6/6/2014Superb food and drink, attentive and friendly wait staff, a destination restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerCRogerTillDined on 6/5/2014My wife and I came to celebrate my birthday and we had a terrific meal. We both ordered the 6 oz. fillet, medium rare and they were perfect. We had an excellent bottle of cabernet and finished off with a piece of chocolate mousse cake that was very rich and delicious. Our server, Zoi, was excellent and attended to our every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A VERY NICE FAMILY HOLIDAY DINNERmainefamilyDined on 4/19/2014We had our family of eight together for the holiday and we had a very nice dining experience. We were seated in our own room which made it relaxing to have conversations without worrying about our noise level. The food was great and our waitress was very nice. The prices were good. Overall, it was a very nice experience and I would recommend this restaurant to friends and our own customers.Special Features:
- Not the best steakhouse in the areaBuckeyeFanDined on 4/16/2014We have visited this steakhouse many times since they opened and have never had a bad experience. This time however, we left very disappointed. We ordered two steaks that were over done and way over seasoned. I have always enjoyed the steaks there, but something has changed since we were last there in February.Special Features:
- We very much enjoyed our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We very much enjoyed our first visit. My husband proclaimed the oysters to be wonderful and his prime rib was cooked to perfection. The garlic potatoes were very good - could have been a little warmer. The special spinach salad was also good with an interesting dressing. Only negative on the haddock was the neuburg sauce was a little watery. Crème brulee was top notch. A $34 bottle of pinot was an excellent value. Still off season so restaurant was not full...so noise level was minimal. Very attractive inside with paneled walls and nautical theme. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Belated Valentines Day Dinner!RonRo6644Dined on 2/28/2014I was called out to travel on Valentines Day, had to move our reservation. They made the evening feel like it was Valentines Day. Well done Admiral Steak House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was friendly and accommodatinPaulDined on 2/26/2014Staff was friendly and accommodating, food was excellent and atmosphere was pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day dinnerdineinstyleDined on 2/14/2014The food was delicious. I had the center cut filet mignon- tender and tasty- and my husband had the skewered scallops which he said was delicious. I had requested a "warm corner" and we were accommodated. It was a busy evening. The tables were very close together so the atmosphere was not as intimate as I had hoped. Overall, the service was good and our food was excellent. I would recommend Admiral Steakhouse as a classy alternative to pub dining.Special Features:
- SpecialTomaryDined on 2/14/2014Admiral Steakhouse went above and beyond to make our Valentines Day a special event. The service was outstanding and the meal delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014We had lovely evening with our family. The restaurant was small, but very comfortable. There was a nice selection of entrees ... and desserts. Everything was delicious and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Gem in BathStanDined on 1/31/2014This is a steak house with wonderful food, attentive service and a quiet, dignified ambiance. It is the kind of place for a quiet drink followed by a delicious meal. The service is professional, friendly yet unobtrusive. It is a real treat to dine here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Little GemPyppynDined on 1/25/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate our 17th anniversary. I wish I could remember our waitresses name as she was outstanding :-) We will definitely be back and will recommend this lovely little gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and foodMimilivesinMaineDined on 1/24/2014The service and food at this restaurant is top shelf. The waitstaff is very knowledgeable and helpful and the food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in the City of ShipsBillHDined on 1/4/2014Bath is known more for shipbuilding and maritime history than fine dining but the Admiral's Steakhouse provides the latter while surrounding you in a beautiful maritime setting. Nothing tacky, just gorgeous wood paneling, paintings and models of historic vessels and some of the best food in the state of Maine. Very much worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always…OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014We have enjoyed The Admiral Steakhouse on a number of occasions. The food is always great, service reliable, friendly and attentive. There is a small room (maybe seats 20?) that is used for regular dining as well as group bookings. It's private and as well appointed as the rest of the restaurant. The ambience is perfect for a quiet night out, dark wood panelling and soft lighting make it relaxing. We're never rushed and appreciate the quiet calm of the place when we want to be able to talk. We recommend it highly. The salmon and the creme brulee are personal favorites…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The service and food were excellent. However, the portions were small for the price.Special Features:
- A Restaurant With ClassSuomiDined on 12/31/2013The diner would never realize this flower of a restaurant bloomed from a gas station! It's shines with class and attentive wait staff. Complimentary bread before the meal and delectible entree. I chose the cheesecake for dessert which was rather dry. My date had bananas foster and enjoyed his dessert very much. Joe Byrne stopped by our table for a hello. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back!dineinstyleDined on 12/31/2013Our meal was delicious, served in a timely manner (even on New Years eve), and competitively priced . Our waitress, a former acquaintance, was charming and efficient. It was a little noisy but the room was full and it was a holiday! We will return. I have food allergies and I noted there were many items I can try safely.Special Features:
- knot for medevonDined on 12/21/2013I Expected a lot more than what we got. The food was overpriced when it was diner quality. The one plus side was the service.Special Features:
- Treat for a special coupleTorinDined on 12/20/2013The event was a Christmas dinner for a couple that have become close friends. The ambience, decor, and service were the perfect setting for enjoyment of a delicious meal and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ron's reviewDinewithRonDined on 11/28/2013My wife and I have eaten here a few times, usually for a special occasion. It is a step above most other local restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.