31250 Palos Verdes Drive West
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275Neighborhood:
Rancho Palos Verdes / Rolling Hills Estates
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.admiralristy.com/
- Phone: (310) 377-0050
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday 4:30pm, Sunday 10:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rudie Young
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Admiral Risty can accommodate up to 26 guests for a semi-private dinner party.
Monday through Saturday available during the day time hours for private functions from 50 to 150 guests. Function must be complete by 4:00 pm.
Ideal for wedding receptions, anniversary parties, birthdays and other special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Roderick 3103770050
- Entertainment: Live entertainment 6 nights per week. Tuesday, Scott Grillo from 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday, Tom Bellizia from 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday, Charles Lamont from 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Tom Bellizia from 7:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday, Charles Lamont from 7:00pm - 11:00pm and Sunday, Richard Leach from 5:00pm - 9:00pm. NFL Sunday Football games now live on Satellite TV during Sunday Brunch. Monday Night Football watch the game in our seaside lounge, featuring $1 hot dogs, $2 Bratwurst, complimentary soup of the day.
A word from Admiral Risty
Admiral Risty was established in 1966, overlooking the Pacific Ocean with a view of Catalina Island. This award winning upscale American restaurant features fresh fish, aged steaks, lamb and poultry dishes, along with assorted appetizers including oysters, clams, house-cured Salmon Gravlax and house baked sour dough breads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Admiral Risty reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (70)special occasion (53)romantic (42)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (22)good for groups (17)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- My favorite place.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2014Each person in my family gets to choose where they want to go on their birthday. I always choose Admiral Risty's. I love the warm ambiance and the sunsets. The food and service are outstanding and it is quiet so you can hear each other talk. Love this place. Always pick it for my BD, always will. PS. We also go at other times of the year and invite friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful location and the foodTheaDined on 11/17/2014We have dined there several times and are always impressed with the quality of the food and the friendly impeckable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a smileDJIcemanVIPDined on 11/16/2014The Admiral Risty is one of those restaurants that could get by on its priceless ocean view alone, sacrificing food quality and service excellence. Luckily for us, it doesn't do either. This is a restaurant staffed by professionals who really seem to care about their customers and the experience they have. This is matched by a kitchen that puts out consistently excellent fare. Add it all up, and the Admiral Risty is a surprisingly good restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Risty's RocksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Excellent dining experience as always. Ordered flowers on line with my reservation & at my request they were sitting on our table when we arrived for dinner. HUGE hit with my wife.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingJoyRDined on 11/9/2014This was my grandparents "go to place" most of my life(I'm 64).They built a home in PV about 5 minutes away.they probably ate here at least once a week. For about 20 years! I remember going here when I was a teen and successively all family members coming as a family and individually and as we grew up coming here, then bringing our children and now grandchildren.We had lots of milestone family events celebrated here - new lives , my oldest son's wedding day, ( goodbyes of family members too) . The fish is the best I've had anywhere. Everything is great-entrees , salads- to desserts- consistently. The Sunday brunch is tremendous too! - always wished I could eat more! We live in Northern CA now but always eat here when we're in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBeachbarbVIPDined on 11/9/2014I have never had a bad experience n the 40+ years that we have been going there. Though there are other great choices, the halibut almondine remains a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was horribleTrev102582Dined on 11/2/2014I come here all the time because the food is great, but this was probably the worst service I've had here. Our waiter was not good. Service was slow and we had to ask everyone else for things we needed. Our waiter took our cups for refills and never came back. But when it came to the check, that was dropped off and taken quickly.Special Features:
- DootsieDined on 10/31/2014Always outstanding with huge list of postive marks for food and service.Special Features:
- Fresh Fish & Great ServiceluvinglifeDined on 10/30/2014We had the pleasure of going to dinner with out-of town friends on a week night. They enjoyed the ambiance and a wonderful sunset. Our server Jimmy gives outstanding service every time we dine here. We have dined at this restaurant since 1969. Now that is saying a lot! They continue to be our favorite place to go to for fresh fish, ambiance, and great service- How can you go wrong/??!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantBuddyDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I love everything about Admiral Risty, the food, the staff, the view, the ambiance, its history, and the location -- even if it is 50 miles from our home. The trip is well worth the dining experience. Hands down, Admiral Risty is our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The Admiral Risty not only met our expectations, it exceeded them! The ambiance was wonderful, the food was delicious and our service was wonderful! Could be fun to go earlier, like 5:30pm so that you can see the sunset! Very nautical too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatrinaDined on 10/18/2014We went for the first time ,we loved it and the food was great too .scenery was nice .pleasent server we had we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JollyDined on 9/29/2014Great service and great food. The baked potatoes are a potato lover's delight!Special Features:
- magpieDined on 9/28/2014We had a 6pm reservation and were seated instantly and Mother Nature provided an epic sunset. Always check to see what time the sun goes down. Sure, the food and drink are great, but the sunset was the best! Got lucky, not too cloudy/foggy so it was a great sunsetSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceBeachbarbVIPDined on 9/24/2014We have been going to the Admiral Risty since it opened in the sixties and I cannot remember ever having anything but the best food, best view and best service. On our last visit we had a friend with us who now suffers from a variety of challenging health problems. Everyone at the Admirable Risty worked hard to accommodate us and make the evening most enjoyable as we celebrated our friend's 76th birthday. Our waitress was a marvel and the efforts made by all were deeply appreciated.Special Features:
- Sunset in Palos VerdesreynoldsphotoDined on 9/19/2014There's a very nice view of the ocean off Palos Verdes. The wait staff at Admiral Risty's were helpful and friendly. We were served warm bread and sipped our cocktails before our appetizer arrived. They have a very good and tempting variety of appetizers (we had the Oysters Rockefeller). There was a wide array of sea food choices as well as steaks with variations on how to prepare your entree. We watched the sun set as we ate our meal, it was wonderful. I highly recommend Admiral Risty's, a beautiful dinning experience.Special Features:
- Good Old SchoolOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food and service was very good. The staff and waiter were very friendly. It's definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD-SPECTACULAR VIEWGoddessOfDarkChocolateDined on 9/13/2014This was an early Saturday dinner (5pm)... The view was spectacular of the setting sun over the ocean... Our server, Martin, was friendly, helpful, and soooo attentive throughout the meal...The menu offers a somewhat unique array of ways to prepare and finish fish... and Martin promised NO BONES... Soooo... I tried the trout "poached" (Simmered in dry vermouth with capers & tarragon, then finished with lemon & hollandaise)... It was superb!!! My husband's mussels on linguini was equally good... We shared excellent chocolate mouse stuffed crepes for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 48 Years of excellenceBeachbarbVIPDined on 9/5/2014Have been coming here since it open in 1966 and cannot think of anytime that the food and service have been anything short of excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!sanpedropvDined on 8/31/2014I had heard so much about this restaurant over the years, I finally decided to try it. It more than lived up to my expectations! The service was wonderful, our waiter was very knowledgeable, and the food was delicious! A great place for a romantic dinner or special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallops were GreatTrishasTemptationsDined on 8/31/2014Best Scallops I have had in 30 years! I had the fried Shrimp and Scallops.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantClearwaterDined on 8/25/2014This is the best Restaurant you could ask for great food,service and atmosphere. Try to time dinner with the sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Admiral is not rustyOccasionalgourmetDined on 8/23/2014This is one of those out of the way places in a shopping center in Palos Verdes Where Hawthorne meets the sea. They have been ther about 50 years and they still deliver a fine dining experience with the most spectacular sunset view imaginable. Gazing out over the ocean Catalina visible on clear days. The green beans were a perfect al dente. The Sea Bass was delicious. A great date night for a grown up couple. There were kids there but mostly folks over 50. My people.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014I have been coming to the Admiral Risty for years...I always know I can bring out of town guests and they will be so happy .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE WERE THRILLED!CheriWDined on 8/23/2014We went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary, made a request for a table by the window via Open Table, and that is exactly what we got. The food was delicious, our server, Jimmy, was fantastic. We loved the ambience; and even though it is a lovely restaurant, people were dressed fairly casually. The portions were huge. We could have ordered one meal between us with a split charge and that would have sufficed.Special Features:
- Always "Good" But That's About ItPd2PrtyDined on 8/17/2014You know what you are going to get, and this day and age - that can be enough for a good dining option. Same menu, same presentation, same staff (that's a good thing too), same entertainment, same consistent quality - isn't going to blow anyone away but no one's going to complain either. The view is spectacular and you don't have to fight with that terrible Terranea parking situation to get there. I think they may be missing out on an opportunity in the bar - the classics should be better - unfortunately, very basic. But, I knew that going in ....Special Features:
- Excellent brunch; beautiful viewssmantis77Dined on 8/17/2014My friend and I celebrated her birthday with a delicious brunch at the Admiral Risty. We were warmly greeted by Tim and then escorted to our window table with a spectacular view of the ocean. I ordered my favorite brunch meal "Hot Flank Steak Salad" and shared the decadent, delicious "Bread Pudding" for dessert. Both items were excellent as usual. We had excellent service and a very enjoyable afternoon. Thanks to all at the Admiral Risty. See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the RistyHoepie46Dined on 8/12/2014My wife and I were entertaining out of town friends and took them to the Risty. We love the food and the service at the Risty, which I why we took them for dinner and to enjoy the sunset as well. We all enjoyed our food, wine, and the service. Each of our dining experiences has been very enjoyable, which is why we keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- whizzyDined on 8/11/2014Celebrated a 41 wedding anniversary just the 2 of us-wanted to see a great sunset by the clouds where to low- great service and food.Special Features:
- Never again!DisgustedDined on 8/9/2014We were regular customers of Admiral Risty in Golden Cove, RPV. However after booking several days in advance, for my boyfriends up and coming birthday, I won't be back. Firstly I asked for a table with an ocean view. Then I also added it was a birthday celebration. We arrived and were asked by the manager, for the name if the birthday boy. No ocean view and no mention of my bf's birthday at all. Service was mediocre. I told the manager as we left how upset I was. His reply? "Oh well, it happens!" After years of giving them business this is how I was treated, not to mention our elderly 93 year old mother. We have been residents our entire lives and will look for another restaurant that has courteous staff!
- Great PlaceGreatDined on 8/7/2014The Admiral Risty has been a land mark in Palos Verdes forever. It is an excellent place for dinner with family or someone special. The menu is more than generous and the cost is reasonable. A must for those who have never been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Special Occasion MealGratefulDined on 8/6/2014Because it's on the pricey side, this is where our famy enjoys special meals. The food is consistently delicious, the service is outstanding, and the atmosphere is relaxing. Great value for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, food, service, $$$...EatgreatfoodDined on 8/5/2014Hadn't dined there in a couple years.. My parents favorite restaurant "dinner treat" became "ours" when the bill arrived! My dad squirmed when he saw the prices & ordered chicken - he doesn't like chicken... But he enjoyed his clam chowder. Our sea bass was delicious. Do you have an early bird or senior price so they could dine there more often? The service was great.. beautiful sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Good Food Old SchoolGingerEatsDined on 8/2/2014The Risty is a consistently good place and while a bit high priced, you get a lot for your dollar. The service is excellent and the staff have mostly been there for many years. Jimmy is a tribute and his recommendations are not to be ignored.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014This is a great restaurant - great food with a special view!Special Features:
- ConsistantlylovenycDined on 7/25/2014After all the years I have coming here, this place never disappoints, in its quality or service. A throwback to the past in dining experience or very old school.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 692 reviews are from the Admiral Risty reviews archive.
- Admiral RistyluvgoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014Food was o.k. nothing special,especially for the price, Service was terrific. Was greeted at the door and we choose to wait awhile for a window table that we requested. Had a fun night with our friends..Special Features:
- Risty preserves admirable dining4everDined on 7/18/2014Many favorites on this menu, a dilemma. Seafood is accomplished, fresh and well prepared. Seafood brochettes still a favorite and servers are well trained & knowledgeable. Liked the seasonal vegetable(s) on our entree, nice touch.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Took my wife to the Admiral Risty for a birthday dinner. Neither of us or any friends had been there before. The only exposure we had was from their web site. We had an excellent experience. We arrived earlier than our reservation time, so we took a seat at the bar. The bar area was nice, and conversation with the bartenders was cool. We were collected by the host to head to our table, where he carried my wife's drink, a nice touch, within 5 minutes of our reservation time, and taken to a table by the window overlooking the pacific ocean. We watched the sunset as the server was pouring our wine. Dinner was excellent with my wife having their halibut while I had the Mahi Mahi. The service was great, we never felt interrupted or left waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 50th Wedding AnniversaryGoHomeAgainDined on 7/18/2014We had eaten at the Admiral Risty for the first time 48 years ago. We now live near Las Vegas, NV. Since this was our favorite restaurant back then, my wife suggested it as the perfect place to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. The Maitre D’ had selected a table for us right next to the windows with a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean. Everyone made us feel right at home. The waiter was very attentive and helpful with our dinner selections. He encouraged us to take our time and enjoy the evening. We did. The food was superb. From our table, we enjoyed an unbelievable sunset over the ocean. It was a perfect evening. It proved that on occasion “you can go home again”. The Admiral Risty was the best 48 years ago and still is.Special Features: