31250 Palos Verdes Drive West
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275Neighborhood:
Rancho Palos Verdes / Rolling Hills Estates
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.admiralristy.com/
- Phone: 3103770050
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday 4:30pm, Sunday 10:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rudie Young
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Admiral Risty can accommodate up to 26 guests for a semi-private dinner party.
Monday through Saturday available during the day time hours for private functions from 50 to 150 guests. Function must be complete by 4:00 pm.
Ideal for wedding receptions, anniversary parties, birthdays and other special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Roderick 3103770050
- Entertainment: Live entertainment 6 nights per week. Tuesday, Scott Grillo from 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday, Tom Bellizia from 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday, Charles Lamont from 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Tom Bellizia from 7:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday, Charles Lamont from 7:00pm - 11:00pm and Sunday, Richard Leach from 5:00pm - 9:00pm. NFL Sunday Football games now live on Satellite TV during Sunday Brunch. Monday Night Football watch the game in our seaside lounge, featuring $1 hot dogs, $2 Bratwurst, complimentary soup of the day.
A word from Admiral Risty
Admiral Risty was established in 1966, overlooking the Pacific Ocean with a view of Catalina Island. This award winning upscale American restaurant features fresh fish, aged steaks, lamb and poultry dishes, along with assorted appetizers including oysters, clams, house-cured Salmon Gravlax and house baked sour dough breads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Admiral Risty reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (67)special occasion (54)romantic (39)neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (19)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (18)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- KatrinaDined on 10/18/2014We went for the first time ,we loved it and the food was great too .scenery was nice .pleasent server we had we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JollyDined on 9/29/2014Great service and great food. The baked potatoes are a potato lover's delight!Special Features:
- magpieDined on 9/28/2014We had a 6pm reservation and were seated instantly and Mother Nature provided an epic sunset. Always check to see what time the sun goes down. Sure, the food and drink are great, but the sunset was the best! Got lucky, not too cloudy/foggy so it was a great sunsetSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceBeachbarbVIPDined on 9/24/2014We have been going to the Admiral Risty since it opened in the sixties and I cannot remember ever having anything but the best food, best view and best service. On our last visit we had a friend with us who now suffers from a variety of challenging health problems. Everyone at the Admirable Risty worked hard to accommodate us and make the evening most enjoyable as we celebrated our friend's 76th birthday. Our waitress was a marvel and the efforts made by all were deeply appreciated.Special Features:
- Sunset in Palos VerdesreynoldsphotoDined on 9/19/2014There's a very nice view of the ocean off Palos Verdes. The wait staff at Admiral Risty's were helpful and friendly. We were served warm bread and sipped our cocktails before our appetizer arrived. They have a very good and tempting variety of appetizers (we had the Oysters Rockefeller). There was a wide array of sea food choices as well as steaks with variations on how to prepare your entree. We watched the sun set as we ate our meal, it was wonderful. I highly recommend Admiral Risty's, a beautiful dinning experience.Special Features:
- Good Old SchoolOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food and service was very good. The staff and waiter were very friendly. It's definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD-SPECTACULAR VIEWGoddessOfDarkChocolateDined on 9/13/2014This was an early Saturday dinner (5pm)... The view was spectacular of the setting sun over the ocean... Our server, Martin, was friendly, helpful, and soooo attentive throughout the meal...The menu offers a somewhat unique array of ways to prepare and finish fish... and Martin promised NO BONES... Soooo... I tried the trout "poached" (Simmered in dry vermouth with capers & tarragon, then finished with lemon & hollandaise)... It was superb!!! My husband's mussels on linguini was equally good... We shared excellent chocolate mouse stuffed crepes for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 48 Years of excellenceBeachbarbVIPDined on 9/5/2014Have been coming here since it open in 1966 and cannot think of anytime that the food and service have been anything short of excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!sanpedropvDined on 8/31/2014I had heard so much about this restaurant over the years, I finally decided to try it. It more than lived up to my expectations! The service was wonderful, our waiter was very knowledgeable, and the food was delicious! A great place for a romantic dinner or special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallops were GreatTrishasTemptationsDined on 8/31/2014Best Scallops I have had in 30 years! I had the fried Shrimp and Scallops.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantClearwaterDined on 8/25/2014This is the best Restaurant you could ask for great food,service and atmosphere. Try to time dinner with the sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Admiral is not rustyOccasionalgourmetDined on 8/23/2014This is one of those out of the way places in a shopping center in Palos Verdes Where Hawthorne meets the sea. They have been ther about 50 years and they still deliver a fine dining experience with the most spectacular sunset view imaginable. Gazing out over the ocean Catalina visible on clear days. The green beans were a perfect al dente. The Sea Bass was delicious. A great date night for a grown up couple. There were kids there but mostly folks over 50. My people.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014I have been coming to the Admiral Risty for years...I always know I can bring out of town guests and they will be so happy .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE WERE THRILLED!CheriWDined on 8/23/2014We went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary, made a request for a table by the window via Open Table, and that is exactly what we got. The food was delicious, our server, Jimmy, was fantastic. We loved the ambience; and even though it is a lovely restaurant, people were dressed fairly casually. The portions were huge. We could have ordered one meal between us with a split charge and that would have sufficed.Special Features:
- Always "Good" But That's About ItPd2PrtyDined on 8/17/2014You know what you are going to get, and this day and age - that can be enough for a good dining option. Same menu, same presentation, same staff (that's a good thing too), same entertainment, same consistent quality - isn't going to blow anyone away but no one's going to complain either. The view is spectacular and you don't have to fight with that terrible Terranea parking situation to get there. I think they may be missing out on an opportunity in the bar - the classics should be better - unfortunately, very basic. But, I knew that going in ....Special Features:
- Excellent brunch; beautiful viewssmantis77Dined on 8/17/2014My friend and I celebrated her birthday with a delicious brunch at the Admiral Risty. We were warmly greeted by Tim and then escorted to our window table with a spectacular view of the ocean. I ordered my favorite brunch meal "Hot Flank Steak Salad" and shared the decadent, delicious "Bread Pudding" for dessert. Both items were excellent as usual. We had excellent service and a very enjoyable afternoon. Thanks to all at the Admiral Risty. See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the RistyHoepie46Dined on 8/12/2014My wife and I were entertaining out of town friends and took them to the Risty. We love the food and the service at the Risty, which I why we took them for dinner and to enjoy the sunset as well. We all enjoyed our food, wine, and the service. Each of our dining experiences has been very enjoyable, which is why we keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- whizzyDined on 8/11/2014Celebrated a 41 wedding anniversary just the 2 of us-wanted to see a great sunset by the clouds where to low- great service and food.Special Features:
- Never again!DisgustedDined on 8/9/2014We were regular customers of Admiral Risty in Golden Cove, RPV. However after booking several days in advance, for my boyfriends up and coming birthday, I won't be back. Firstly I asked for a table with an ocean view. Then I also added it was a birthday celebration. We arrived and were asked by the manager, for the name if the birthday boy. No ocean view and no mention of my bf's birthday at all. Service was mediocre. I told the manager as we left how upset I was. His reply? "Oh well, it happens!" After years of giving them business this is how I was treated, not to mention our elderly 93 year old mother. We have been residents our entire lives and will look for another restaurant that has courteous staff!
- Great PlaceGreatDined on 8/7/2014The Admiral Risty has been a land mark in Palos Verdes forever. It is an excellent place for dinner with family or someone special. The menu is more than generous and the cost is reasonable. A must for those who have never been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Special Occasion MealGratefulDined on 8/6/2014Because it's on the pricey side, this is where our famy enjoys special meals. The food is consistently delicious, the service is outstanding, and the atmosphere is relaxing. Great value for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, food, service, $$$...EatgreatfoodDined on 8/5/2014Hadn't dined there in a couple years.. My parents favorite restaurant "dinner treat" became "ours" when the bill arrived! My dad squirmed when he saw the prices & ordered chicken - he doesn't like chicken... But he enjoyed his clam chowder. Our sea bass was delicious. Do you have an early bird or senior price so they could dine there more often? The service was great.. beautiful sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Good Food Old SchoolGingerEatsDined on 8/2/2014The Risty is a consistently good place and while a bit high priced, you get a lot for your dollar. The service is excellent and the staff have mostly been there for many years. Jimmy is a tribute and his recommendations are not to be ignored.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014This is a great restaurant - great food with a special view!Special Features:
- ConsistantlylovenycDined on 7/25/2014After all the years I have coming here, this place never disappoints, in its quality or service. A throwback to the past in dining experience or very old school.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Admiral RistyluvgoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014Food was o.k. nothing special,especially for the price, Service was terrific. Was greeted at the door and we choose to wait awhile for a window table that we requested. Had a fun night with our friends..Special Features:
- Risty preserves admirable dining4everDined on 7/18/2014Many favorites on this menu, a dilemma. Seafood is accomplished, fresh and well prepared. Seafood brochettes still a favorite and servers are well trained & knowledgeable. Liked the seasonal vegetable(s) on our entree, nice touch.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Took my wife to the Admiral Risty for a birthday dinner. Neither of us or any friends had been there before. The only exposure we had was from their web site. We had an excellent experience. We arrived earlier than our reservation time, so we took a seat at the bar. The bar area was nice, and conversation with the bartenders was cool. We were collected by the host to head to our table, where he carried my wife's drink, a nice touch, within 5 minutes of our reservation time, and taken to a table by the window overlooking the pacific ocean. We watched the sunset as the server was pouring our wine. Dinner was excellent with my wife having their halibut while I had the Mahi Mahi. The service was great, we never felt interrupted or left waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 50th Wedding AnniversaryGoHomeAgainDined on 7/18/2014We had eaten at the Admiral Risty for the first time 48 years ago. We now live near Las Vegas, NV. Since this was our favorite restaurant back then, my wife suggested it as the perfect place to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. The Maitre D’ had selected a table for us right next to the windows with a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean. Everyone made us feel right at home. The waiter was very attentive and helpful with our dinner selections. He encouraged us to take our time and enjoy the evening. We did. The food was superb. From our table, we enjoyed an unbelievable sunset over the ocean. It was a perfect evening. It proved that on occasion “you can go home again”. The Admiral Risty was the best 48 years ago and still is.Special Features:
- GratefulDined on 7/17/2014Best fish dinners and served with sides. The dinners are a little pricy but it never leaves you feeling like you got ripped off. The atmosphere,view, and food are top notchSpecial Features:
- Admiral ExperienceJAM2010Dined on 7/16/2014Adriana was our server and she was AWESOME... As always food was great, can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Really?underwhelmedVIPDined on 7/12/2014While the reviews of this place are consistency high our experience was anything but. The food was mediocre, bland, no layers of flavor expected at the prices charges and the reviews. Plating was what you'd experience in an Outback. Service was unprofessional bordering on surly. Don't go here expecting anything more. Reminded us of the restaurant in the movie Chef, riding on it's laurels and completely disappointing.
- My All-Time Favorite Restaurant!patty747Dined on 7/5/2014The restaurant was crowded, but our service was perfect and the food delicious. Our waiter was pleasant (wish I could remember his name) and wonderfully efficient.Special Features:
- Great foodSusanDined on 7/3/2014We have enjoyed many a good meal at Admiral Risty over the years, and once again we were not disappointed. We requested a table at a window for a view of the sunset over the water and they were able to fulfill our request. The food was delicious and cooked exactly as we like. This is one restaurant that understands what "medium rare" should be. We were able to relax and enjoy the evening, we never felt rushed even though the restaurant was very busy. We had a perfectly wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Brunch with a ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2014From beginning to end, this restaurant experience was fabulous. The food was amazing, the view was spectacular, and the service was excellent. Our waiter James was funny, friendly, and knowledgable. I overheard another table compliment him, and his jovial respond was, "I am the second best waiter in the entire world … everyone else is tied for first place." The restaurant filled our request to seat us side-by-side next to a window, so we could enjoy the ocean view while feasting on an amazing brunch. Highly recommended—we can't wait to go back. It was absolutely worth the drive from L.A.Special Features:
- Classic DiningCarbonawitzDined on 6/25/2014This is truly one of the best restaurants of the South Bay. Great location, view, service, and menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 681 reviews are from the Admiral Risty reviews archive.
- Very nice for special eventsFluffyDined on 6/21/2014The sunset was wonderful and the food was great! They have the best bleu cheese dressing. For salad people this is the place. The lettice is dry and fresh the way it should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!DinerviewDined on 6/15/2014Had Father's Day dinner celebration & the Service was outstanding. We had window seating for 8 people in our party as we had requested. Our waiter "Noa" (spelling?) was excellent. Very attentive & always checked on us frequently. Will definitely return. Thanks for the great service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secretMandyDined on 6/14/2014I hesitate to tell everyone how great Admiral Risty is, it is such a great local restaurant, if word gets out it will be impossible to get a reservation. It is my favorite place to take visitors or just to go for dinner with family, always perfect!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View & Mixed on the FoodSteveKDined on 6/14/2014Excellent view and service, real professionals. Four of six fresh oysters were good, a couple were of, moderate effects came four hours later, in waves. Steak had to be sent back, over done. Replacement was sinewy (sic). Baked potato real tasty. Lobster great.Special Features: