Aditi Indian Dining - Alexandria
5926 Kingstowne Blvd
Alexandria, VA 22315Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Aditi Indian Dining - Alexandria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://myaditi.com/
- Phone: (703) 922-6111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering for parties ranging from 30 people and above. We also deliver large orders for parties.
- Public Transit: We are a mile and half awaya from Vandorn and Franconia Springfield Metro stops. There are frequent bus routes from these Metro stops to Kingstowne Towne Center in which we are located. Bus to locations are - 321 and 322.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Kingstowne Towne Center has abundant indoor and outdoor parking facilities
A word from Aditi Indian Dining - Alexandria
Aditi, the name of an ancient goddess, symbolizes the cyclical nature of life. The Sanskrit word, Aditi, denotes abundant, joyful & unbroken creative power that sustains the universe. Colloquially, Aditi means ‘distinguished guest’. Aditi Indian Dining’s new & trendy location in Kingstowne boasts of modern decor, great ambience, a cozy bar & an abundant choice of appetizers, entrees & desserts. We also serve a lunch buffet every day. Our menu features a wide range of vegan, vegetarian and non-vegetarian preparations. The menu offers choice for the discerning customer and our team is eager to offer choice on varying spice levels, health & heart friendly foods. We are located in Kingstowne Towne Center across Kingstowne 16 Cinemas in Alexandria and minutes away from all the major highways (395, 95, 495 & Fairfax County Parkway) & close to Vandorn and Springfield Metro. The center also has abundant parking facilities, a large play area for families & is coupled with great shopping.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Aditi Indian Dining - Alexandria - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Aditi Indian Dining - Alexandria reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (10)good for groups (8)special occasion (6)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Tasty Indian Food!Tri2EatWellDined on 11/21/2014We eat a lot of Indian food at home and so we do not go out for Indian a lot. We went to celebrate a birthday and had a big group on a reservation. The samosa and chaat was very tasty. Butter Chicken was really good and I enjoyed the Lamb Mappas. Portions sizes were just right for us though there was almost too much curry sauce with the meat dishes. In any case it was a great experience and we will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!!!DivaBellamyDined on 11/7/2014Aditi is simply Awesome! From to Salmon to to Conchin Shrimp Curry, the food is amazing and never disapoints! Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best around!purkinjecellDined on 11/3/2014We've been going here for about two years, and the menu continues to improve and expand! Absolutely fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Indian foodsGr8tfoodDined on 11/1/2014A great selection of dishes of those known and specific to regions of the countrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting food coupled with fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/28/2014Dined here on a recent business trip. It's nice to see that local family-owned restaurant is thriving in the N.V.A. area. The food was well seasoned and not neutralized to the American palette which is much appreciated. Great service and warm and friendly atmosphere to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccablecrsimoniiVIPDined on 10/15/2014We just can't stay away from Aditi. Over the last 2-3 years, it has slowly but surely become our absolute favorite restaurant in the area. We have many staples here, but this time we tried some items we hadn't had before, which ultimately proved that this place can do no wrong. The baby spinach chaat was fantastic, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't particularly care for any of the primary ingredients in the dish. We also tried the pepper chicken for the first time, and it was amazing. It employs a different selection of spices than the curries we usually go for. Every time we go, we eat our fill and leave in the state of bliss that only a perfect meal can provide. I just can't express enough appreciation for Aditi.Special Features:
- Good for the neighborhood, not bestKumarDined on 10/14/2014Restaurant itself is not bad and food is not through the roof. However, menu is well crafted to intimidate & attract non-Indian crowds and is educative/Adventurous while reading. Recommendations by the server were apt concerning the restaurant's best & most tasteful choices while comparing food items for selections. Baby Spinach chaat was the highlight. Restaurant tends be a little pricey. Cocktail list is admirable and good attempt at creating Indian/Western fusion. Overall, not a bad experience especially considering the neighborhood.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/1/2014The food and service at Aditi continue to be excellent at this South Indian restaurant. Staff are very willing to work to adjust spice levels of the dishes to make them more palatable to us. I am warmly greeted at each dining experience, and receive attentive service with an always helpful attitude.Special Features:
- Best Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Aditi has food that is notably better than most Indian restaurants I know. Service is outstanding with every staff person being professional and hospitable. Tables are a little close to each other. Truly this is a restaurant worth seeking out.Special Features:
- Both new and familiar Indian farejjg3Dined on 9/23/2014Aditi is disarming. You could easily walk past it in a busy area such as Kingstown, especially if you're in a hurry with so many fast food locations nearby. But if you want a memorable dinner experience close to home give Aditi a try. The staff is super friendly and are helpful at making decisions based on preferences and adventurous spirit. Our party was seated at the appointed reservation time but plenty of seating was available on a Tuesday evening. I can't tell you what everyone ordered because I'm just not good with remembering. My plate was a Tandoori Platter. A sampler of Chicken Tikka, Malai Kabab, Lamb Kebab, Reshmi Kabab, Tandoori Shrimp. All very good. The owner, Raj, chatted a bit to make sure all was well. Of course it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great for VegetariandevayDined on 9/15/2014Limited choice for vegetarian, the items were also not so good for vegetarian.Special Features:
- OK Indian Food, Disappointing NaanOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014We ordered Tandoori wings to start and lamb korma and chicken tikka masala for entrees. About a minute after we got the wings, they brought our food! We sent it back and they brought it out again when we were done with the starter. The wings were tasty but surprisingly fatty, and the masala a little too tomato-y, but the korma was perfect. A little disconcerted at the amount of green/red peppers in the too entrees. The reason we chose this particular Indian restaurant was because the menu showed they have Peshawari naan, our favorite. It should have nuts and fruit in it. The naan we got might have had A nut in it, but not much else. I was disappointed in it.
- Love Aditi!Sophia1991VIPDined on 8/31/2014We love going to Aditit because of the welcome by Harry, Jerin, Shinu and Renu. And the great service.Special Features:
- Tasteless shahipaneer and basic dalMannDined on 8/30/2014Non vegatarian was good but shahi paneer and dal was really taste bad and look bad. They really need to Learn how to make shahi paneer and dal .
- Best welcomeSophia1991VIPDined on 8/17/2014The gentlemen at Aditi - Jerin, Shinu, Renu and Harry and always so welcoming. It is a delight to see them and we love going thereSpecial Features:
- great for book club!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014Great food and service and wonderful appetizers. Wish they had outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Aditi!Sophia1991VIPDined on 8/10/2014We are always made so welcome when we go to Aditi. By Jerin, Shinu, Rinu and Harry. Their service is immaculate and the food is great! We are British and it is hard in the US to find good Indian food but we have found it at Aditi! We love going there and recommend the restaurant to everybody!Special Features:
- Ok atmosphere. good food.KimberlyDined on 8/10/2014I'm sure we've had better Indian food, but this was good and affordable and pretty close to home, so all in all a good time and worth doing it again. A little "strip mall" but then again, we were in a strip mall. I bet this would be great before/after a movie since its right across from the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, nice ambiancemadaDined on 8/9/2014The food is very good every time I go - a great selection for vegetarians. The restaurant has a nice ambiance. The service is pretty quick. It can get pretty busy on weekends so it is good to make a reservation.Special Features:
- Love this menu !cindersailVIPDined on 8/2/2014One of the big things about Aditi that I like very much is that the menu offers dishes from different region's and that the food is very fresh. We love many of the vegetarian entrees like palak paneer. At Aditi the spinach of the saag looked fresh and bright green and the paneer was tender and not chewy. The descriptions of the sauces and preparations can guide you into discovering more of the food you already love. The staff are diligent about the service and clearly are eager to make everyone comfortable. They pay attention to the details at AditiSpecial Features:
- The following 208 reviews are from the Aditi Indian Dining - Alexandria reviews archive.
- Not worth the pricefairdinerDined on 7/26/2014Food is expensive but in minuscule portions...I wouldn't have minded to pay the hefty bill if it was worth the price but it wasn't all the great...I got a giant plate for a kabob "platter" but it was just like 7 pieces of meat the size of gumballs which cost me $20...........rip off..................
- EnjoyablemotowngirlDined on 7/25/2014I was meeting friends for dinner to catch up and picked Aditi's because we could easily have a conversation. The food and service here are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetodineoutDined on 7/16/2014This is our family's favorite Indian restaurant in the Alexandria area - I'm from India, and am picky about Indian food. The food here is just excellent - favorite appetizers: spinach chaat, salt and pepper fish; favorite orders: chicken tikka masala, lamb rogan josh, baingan bharta (eggplant dish), okra; favorite desserts: ras malai, gulab jamun. The service also exceeds expectations - The staff is very attentive to all diners, and you never have to look around for a server or have to ask for water or a refill or anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot insidermallikaDined on 7/6/2014while the food was not something to rave about, the service was excellent. My only complaint was that the A/C was broken and it was 10 degrees hotter inside than outside. which is the reason I rated the ambiance as poor. Also the explanation given as to why it was not fixed by dinner time, when I arrived to dine, was not plausible. No effort was made to rectify the situation either, not just for me but for all the customers present (like propping open the two doors or a fan would have been helpful, what with WalMart across the street). Left disappointed, but shall return soon. I believe in second chances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alexandriajscVIPDined on 6/20/2014Classic Indian dishes - consistently great food and great service!Special Features:
- DFDCVIPDined on 6/18/2014The food and service were both excellent. And a very good variety of Indian dishes.Special Features:
- Great little Indian RestaurantTraceyDined on 6/7/2014This is a cozy restaurant with very nice interior decoration. The food is very good and the staff friendly and attentive. It can get busy on Friday and Saturday nights so it is best to reserve a table on those nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreshOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2014Very good food and great service! Will go there again :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerVocalisaDined on 5/28/2014Spinach chaat was great. Other entrees also were good. Goat meat was too bony so I wouldn't get that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMetroSocialWorkerDined on 5/9/2014I have lived a mile from this restaurant for 5years now and I have never had a bad experience. The food is always amazing, the brunch on Sundays is worth it and the atmosphere is fun. Space can be a little tight but they make up for it with great and attentive service. I've brought friends, family and dates to this place and everyone has always walked away happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Indian RestaurantCarlaBDined on 5/7/2014Aditi remains consistent and continues to be my favorite Indian restaurant!Special Features:
- Not so greatNotafoodieDined on 5/3/2014An OK place to stop if at the mall maybe but there was something off about the food, not authentic tasting. Perfectly pleasant place, reasonable service. Food oddly different from other Indian food available in the States. Like they were working with the wrong ingredients.
- Big Portion's at a good price!SevenAceDined on 4/26/2014Went here the other night with my little sister, and my parents, and we had a great time! The service is friendly and the food is fantastic! It's family style so the prices seem high, but it's just bigger portions that should be ordered for the whole table. We ordered a lot of entrees and naan and it was all really tasty! Spiced and seasoned well, and the naan was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodMMTJULDined on 4/13/2014I could not even eat my food because it tasted horrible. Immediately I saw it I knew it was something wrong. Even my husbands tasted bad. I complained and then learned the restaurant got a new cook. For me I will not be there till there is a better cook new cook. It use to be the best Indian Restaurant until now, therefore please do not change your repution!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always the food here isDocAceZDined on 4/5/2014As always the food here is tasty and exciting. The Staff was helpful and on the spot with their recommendations. A great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!GinaVIPDined on 3/29/2014This was the best Indian food I have had in a very long time. I have not been pleased with the Indian restaurants in Northern Va. and was excited to finally find a place where I would actually return. I went at 5 on a Saturday and it was not crowded yet, but by the time we left, there was a wait. The service was excellent, the food arrived relatively quickly and the cost was reasonable. I had the Baby Spinach Chaat and the non-vegetarian Thali Plate which was more than enough food and offered a delicious sampling of various menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost as good as my mother's!pmjedwardsVIPDined on 3/28/2014Tried Aditi after reading the on-line reviews. Dishes are very well executed, the spices are well balanced and subtle. The Chicken biryiani was almost as good as my mother's and that's a tall order. The lamb roganjosh was a perfect accompaniment. If you go on a Friday evening for dinner, make a reservation.Special Features:
- One of our favorite placesalexandriajscVIPDined on 3/28/2014One of our favorite places - consistently amazing foodSpecial Features:
- My favorite restaurant. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/25/2014My favorite restaurant. The food is Awesome and the staff is the best!!!!!
- Double dateKeraDined on 3/21/2014My friends never had Indian food, so Aditi was the first choice. The ambiance is warm and cozy, the service is excellent, and the food is delicious. One of my friends is unable to eat anything spicy, yet there was a dish on the menu for her!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.