6319 State Route 30
Lake Clear, NY 12945Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.adirondackalps.com/diningoptions.html#alps
- Phone: 5188911489x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Sunday ala carte appetizers; Pub dinners from $25, and Great Camp dinners $49pp . Other days may be available and groups of 8 or more may pre-reserve for a particular day - 5:30 - 8PM arrivals. As a unique small "in house catering style" of restaurant we reserve the right to change last minute open hours as reservations dictate. If you are a last minute reservation, please call - thanks.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Beer Garden, Contemporary German, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Cathy Hohmeyer, 27 years
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering options are available within our 40 person restaurant and 100 person Sunset Lakeview Event Center. Please contact us directly. Larger events may utilize our 2 acre beachfront. Off site catering with liquor license available.
- Entertainment: Occasional "Philosopher Pub" dinners (dinner and discussion with theme), music and even scuba diving. Cooking classes and more. See our website www.lodgeonlakeclear.com
- Special Events: View our upcoming events on our facebook page:
or the website www.lodgeonlakeclear.com
- Cross Street: junction rt 186 & 30, 300 yds south on rt 30S
- Public Transit: If you fly into Adirondack Regional Airport via private plane or Cape Air, we can pick you up.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: We have plenty of free parking - but if you are coming with a large RV, trailer or other please let us know.
A word from Adirondack Alps
Truly Unique "Great Camp Style" dining in an Adirondack Lodge on 25 acres. Real foods cuisine: a fusion of Old World Traditions and Seasonal Adirondack tastes. Winter hours may vary. One of a kind service and offerings. We also offer fresh cooked, local and organic/sustainable foods when we can with healthy preparations. Classic Dinner set priced at $49 pp (hearty soup, salad and entree with accompaniments) Browse our walk-in wine and beer cellar; then walk to the lake to see a sunset over St Regis Mountain. See our website for occasional special events. Offering a place for rest, relaxation and rejuvenation, lodgings available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Adirondack Alps reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- A must in the Saranac regionnewnicknameDined on 7/5/2014A must for special night if you're spending time in/around Saranac Lake. Well worth the 20 min drive to get to Lake Clear. Amazing beer cellar, strong and thoughtful wine list. Kathy (owner/chef) makes very special meals old world style. A+ sauerbraten & schnitzel, but menu changes with the weather and locally available supply. Don't expect an extensive menu, but do expect to savor. This is an experience, not just a dinner, so don't expect a quick meal, a lot of advanced prep goes into the entrees, and they are meant to be enjoyed. Plan to make an enjoyable night of it, spending time in the beer cellar, lingering over some appetizers, wander outside by the lake with a beverage, all before sitting down to eat. And do NOT pass up dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sides & saucesPghMeatandPotatoesVIPDined on 6/27/2014As usual, a beautiful location and great spot for a long dinner with friends/family. The beer selection, sides & sauces were outstanding. The meats (and our table tried many of them) were somewhat tough, thin and lacking in any of their own flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Abiance, Food and DrinkjplpDined on 2/14/2014The Adirondack Alps is a MANDATORY stop while visiting the area. The great lodge dining experience is unequaled in the area without spending thousands. The quality of the food is fantastic. We have lived in the area for over 5 years and have had no better food anywhere else to include 5 Star restaurants in Lake Placid. The table is yours for the entire evening and is reminiscent of fine European dining experiences. You will have ample time for conversation with your dining partner, or strike up a conversation with other friendly customers in the lounge. The 25 acre grounds are beautiful throughout the year and you are afforded the opportunity to enjoy them before or after dinner. Chef Kathy and Ernst are wonderful hosts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make the tripworththetripDined on 2/8/2014If your looking for a great dining experience, in the middle of no where, this is the place. We travel about an 1 1/2 hour. Came upon this restaurant in Adirondack Life magazine. Looking for a place to celebrate my birthday. Since then, whenever we have company and we can be in the area, we schedule a dinner date. Food, service and atmosphere is terrific. Highly recommend:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Rustic Dining ExperienceCraigSDined on 12/31/2013I had new years dinner at Adirondack Alps and was blown away. We arrived at 7:15 PM for a 7:30 dinner reservation, and were ushered to a downstairs wine/beer cellar. The cellar was nicely lit with ample seating on couches, and classically lit with candles. The beers and wines in the cellar were artfully chosen and featured many great wines from the Finger Lakes region. After sampling appetizers, we made our way to a beautiful dining room where we sampled extremely tasty German fare. Our hosts and our servers were all very welcoming and went out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed. I'd definitely go back with another group, or on a date. It was a fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST GREAT CAMP EXPERIENCEMIKEDined on 11/2/2013"I love the relaxed feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The wine and beer cellar provided ample choices. Weather enjoying appitizers and drinks downstairs or in the dining room you will recieve top notch service and guidance for a very unique to the area style of dining. Looking forward to stepping outside next summer to enjoy the wine garden and await the sunset over the lake.Special Features:
- The staff were very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013The staff were very friendly and helpful. They treated the guests like family. The personlization make it quite an experience. There was no one else staying in the lodge so they upgraded us to a suite with a jetted tub with no extra fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding findTandAMDVIPDined on 10/16/2013Found this place on OpenTable; it was off season, not many there, but the owners were wonderful. They have a great beer cellar including many rare import beers, and a good wine selection. The homemade meal was fantastic. Try the salmon schnitzel! It is a little out of the way from Lake Placid, but if you are in the area, make it a point to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is truly a unique experience.BobsledderDined on 10/5/2013It is truly a unique experience. For starters, you are greeted by Ernest who explains the evening menu and his extensive wine cellar and beers. He was cordial and polite and provide enough information for you to make a decision to purchase or not. The appetizers were interesting and tasty. The entrees came with soup and salad and were fresh and made with local ingredients. The German food we ordered was perfectly cooked and plenty. We were offered seconds if we wished. You will not be disappointed. The only draw back is the price which is somewhat high but check the menu and prices on the internet and you will not be surprised. They really put their heart and soul into the food and service, so it's well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2013We've been before and will certainly come again. The setting is beautiful, the wine cellar and beer selection is fantastic. the service is friendly and spot-on, and the food never disappoints. Can't say enough about this wonderful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss This Adirondack Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2013We really didn't know what to expect when we drove in for dinner, but haven't stopped raving about it since! We were warmly greeted at the door by the co-owner and given a tour of the beer and wine cellar while contemplating our dinner choices that change daily. From sampling a few wine choices to strolling the beautiful grounds of the lakeside lodge while waiting for the appetizers to be served, it was really one of the most interesting dining experiences we've ever had. The food was delicious and plentiful and Chef Cathy was able to accommodate a gluten-free diner as well (best to call ahead though for restrictions so they are prepared). Well worth the drive from Lake Placid!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely family owned restaurantUWSDinerVIPDined on 7/6/2013Lovely family owned restaurant in old world lodge. Attentive and knowledgeable service. Food was a mix of German style cuisine and nouvelle cuisine., so there was something for everyone. There are very limited options for dining around Saranac lake, and this was truly a gem. .Special Features:
- Great freshly-prepared foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Great freshly-prepared food in a very special setting. Love that tables don't turn over, so people can relax and sit for the evening.Special Features:
- Spectacular View & Savory GF OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012My husband & I enjoyed the last dinner of our honeymoon at The Lodge on Lake Clear. The place was a special combination of Adirondack Great Camp history & culture with Old World cuisine all twisted together for a unique experience. From the extravagant wine & beer selection, to the fresh ingredients in the tomato & basil soup, to the Wild-Caught pike with Rosti, all of the flavors were savory & melted in your mouth. My personal favorite was Kathy's attention to detail with gluten free ingredients. Her gf cornbread was the best I have ever had! This is definitely a safe place for gf diners. A few other highlights from the evening included walking down to Lake Clear at sunset, the friendly wait staff, & quiet candle lit dining room.Special Features: