Adesso on the Hill
139 Acorn St
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Adesso on the Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.adessoonthehill.com/
- Phone: 4015210770
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: We work together as a team!
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact Blaise Marfeo, 401-521-0770
- Private Party Facilities: From 35 to 125 we are available for all your function needs, casual or formal.
- Private Party Contact: Ron D'Abrosca, George Kilborn or Blaise Marfeo 4015210770
- Entertainment: The food is the "star" at Adesso on the Hill!
- Special Events: Wine dinners, Wine tastings and food pairings. Contact George Kilborn for details.
- Cross Street: Between Spruce St. and Atwells Ave.
- Public Transit: Several on Atwells Ave. which is the main street through Federal Hill.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: A professional complimentary valet service awaits your arrival Thursday through Saturday. Sunday through Wednesday please use our private lot, located directly behind building.
A word from Adesso on the Hill
Now located on Providence's Historic Federal Hill in March of 2012, we were very well known on the College Hill section of Providence (Brown University) for almost 20 years! We offer a California style open kitchen restaurant with a strong Tuscan flare. From gourmet pizza to pasta to grilled seafood, beef, chicken, pork to salads and desserts. We offer a wide variety sure to please any palate. A large bar and dining lounge awaits your company for a get together, casual dining or a cocktail to watch the game in a mature, low key setting. Join us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Adesso on the Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2013First time dining there and the food was delicious. I was a bit nervous at first cause the waitress told us they may not have everything on the menu since they were closing for vacation the next day but fortunately the items we wanted were available and they were delicious. There weren't many customers there due to the time and the fact it was a beautiful day, perfect for outside dining which I had hoped for, but I was happy we tried it. Well worth it. I would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Wonderful NightGraduationfamilydinnerDined on 6/6/2013It was our first time at Adesso's. Friends had recommended we go there for its proximity to our sons Graduation ceremony. The food was fantastic, and allowed me to enjoy a tender filet while my husband wanted a lighter meal and had a gourmet pizza, my friend enjoyed a wonderful seafood dish. The atmosphere was great and I will definitely go to Adesso's again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/27/2013offerings are terrific, prices fair, portions generous, but unfortunately this time in contrast to first time at this location the service was lackluster for a prty of seven. the house was not full but it was hard to get the waiters attention for all things. the menu script could be more legible and better lighting instead of inadequate cheap votive holders would be appreciatedSpecial Features:
- Delicious as always & great hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2013This is our favorite restaurant in Providence, probably in RI. We cannot get enough of Adesso. The hostess, Wendy is so helpful, she knows us by name now. We had made a reservation for 2 but It turned into 3, we called her ahead of time and even being a very busy weekend with Brown University graduation she was able to accommodate us and made our evening perfect. As always the food & service was top notch!! Another Delicious meal at Adesso. Thank you Wendy & Adesso......Again & again & again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table set up was cramped.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/19/2013Table set up was cramped. 14 people at 2 tables that backed up to a wall. Those of us on the side of the wall could not move. Specials were unavailable as it was graduation weekend. Food came out in groupings so that people had to wait a long time with their food sitting in front of them as not everyone had food. Would not recommend it. Will not go back. Expensive for tasteless food in a place with zero atmosphere. Waitress was lovely and very attentive despite all this. It was a disappointment.
- Simply fabulousReneePVIPDined on 5/18/2013What's not to love. We feel special upon arrival. Everything is just wonderful. We love how we are treated and we will continue to frequent this awesome restaurant. The food and service is wonderful. Very happy we found this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family restaurantBogansettDined on 5/18/2013Had our first meal at Adesso last Saturday night. The food was very good with a great variety to choose from. Everyone on staff was efficient and friendly. Our reservation was honored and service was good. We will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent mealGeorgeDined on 5/18/2013My wife and I recently dined here and had a great experience.it was one of my wife's favorite places years ago when it was on the east side of Providence. I had never been there before. We were seated as soon as we arrived and were given the option of the bar side or the dining area and chose the bar because it was surprisingly quieter. We had the antipasto platter for appetizer and had two separate pasta dishes for dinner.The service was good and the food outstanding. We did not do dessert but they did look good. I can see why it was one of my wife's favorites and we will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better then JUST GOOD!JEMS99Dined on 5/18/2013You are politely greeted from the car valet to the very responsive receptionist. Lot of smiles from the entire staff. Bar choices & tenders are good, polite and very helpful in choosing a wines. Food is better than just good, large size portions. Pizza / duck / stuffed eggplant dishes were very very good, a pasta dish was very large and tasty but needed some more clams. Overall / for a saturday nite / when restaurants can be at there worst . ADESSO a was a very very good choice. Would definitly go back! A very very good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, ample menu choicesfoodloverDined on 5/12/2013Liked the atmosphere and service, top notch. Wine list looked lengthy, full and moderately expensive. Very nice choice in offerings in all categories and not run of the mill. Food was a bit bland in several cases, but tasty. Bread was Italian, but very white and not dense or hearty as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine but not great.Bella196VIPDined on 5/11/2013Food was good, but uninspired, with some disappointments. I had the duck, which was cooked as I asked for, and in itself was good- but served with a cherry sauce that looked and tasted like it was out of a can. My wife had the scallops- which themselves were large, well-prepared and tasty, but placed around a large pile of uninspired greens- essentially a salad with no dressing or sauce. Cocktail drinks were quite good, however. Biggest problem was the noise level, which was very high and unpleasant, very difficult to hear across a small table. The room is very large and "hard," needs some softening to reduce the ambient noise level. With so many great restaurants in Providence to choose from, hard to go back here.
- Not sure if a Neighborhood GemDisappointedDined on 5/11/2013Went to Adesso for husband's 50th Birthday dinner. Made reservations @ Open Table for 5:00pm. Food was okay... No kids selections offered to us. We had to ask for salt and pepper for the table. No grated cheese offered or on the table for our pasta dishes. Too much time lagged between ordering apps , drinks and meals. Waiter asked if we wanted dessert and took twenty minutes to return to take order for the dessert. We decided to skip dessert and just asked for the check to leave. No mention from staff or hostess of husband's 50th Birthday. Husband ordered the Veal Chop . He had to cut around the fat before he could eat the Veal Chop. A little disappointed with the service and waiter. May not return or recommend to family/friends
- Nice addition to the Hill's bestEdKalDined on 5/10/2013This was our first visit to the "revived" Adesso. The menu is a little different than elsewhere on the hill, a nice change of pace. We started with an antipasto that was enough for the three of us. Cresta de Gallo (house specialty) and was very good. Pappardelle with beef was also good, but I though the noodles were doughy. Portions were generous. Desserts were good enough to keep you from walking over to Pastiche! Service was fine - our young server was friendly and efficient. She greeted another couple who were repeat customers - nice touch. A good addition to the other top choices on the hill. My wife has it on her list of favorites with Siena and Pane & Vino. I am not quite there yet, but maybe with another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night ItalianevntgirlDined on 5/4/2013Tried this great place on a Saturday Night. The food was great, wasn't too noisy and had a great menu to choose from! wanted it all! Server seemed new, but still very thorough and manager was visible as well. we liked that there were TV's in the bar as well, which gave it a more casual feel with the more upscale ambiance -also because we were watching the Kentucky Derby and the Bruins play off game, so it was the best of both worlds!!Special Features:
- First visit, will ReturndfrjrDined on 5/3/2013Very much enjoyed our first visit. The server was very accommodating to our food allergies and the food was great. Romantic setting inside also.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013This was our 5th visit to Adesso. Unpretentious and relaxing are two words to describe the overall ambiance. Just a very relaxing atmosphere. The food is first rate and the service is perfect. We brought business associates from California and they still talk about their experience at Adesso.Special Features:
- The food choices were many.JencDined on 4/27/2013The food choices were many. The seasoning superb. Excellent portions- will recommend and frequent againSpecial Features:
- Adesso still does it right!PorgeDined on 4/24/2013Just a quick bottle of wine (nice list for any wine fans out there) and a couple of pastas on a quiet night, no muss no fuss. Service and food right on point as always. Nice lobster ravioli special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful meal withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Had a wonderful meal with lovely service. Everyone was attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant. We arriveddbffromtheburbsDined on 4/13/2013Very nice restaurant. We arrived a bit early and had a drink at the bar. The bartender and wait staff were very attentive. The meals were excellent - my husband loved his veal chop. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Food was very good, freshKevinDined on 4/13/2013Food was very good, fresh homemade pasta, seafood, and steak around the table. Not the best italian food I've had, but right up there. We showed up jeans (nicely dressed, but jeans nonetheless) and felt a bit out of place. Definitely a more formal clientele. Also, was a bit pricier than I expected and compared to others in the area. Not outrageous, but just something to note. Overall, though, good food and I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The restaurant is pretty butOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2013The restaurant is pretty but very loud and it was hard to engage in conversation even though we were at 4 top in the corner.Special Features:
- Food and service outstanding,PorgeDined on 4/10/2013Food and service outstanding, love the wine list. Would like to give service an extra star this time around; when we forgot our credit card the Manager dropped it by our house on his way home. Thanks for another terrific meal!Special Features:
- We plan to return many times.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/6/2013We plan to return many times. A great menu, with wonderful antipasto (they made a special plate for our party of five). Every diner at our table loved their entrees. Their signature dish, Cresti di gallo, is superb. Overall quality, on a par with Al Forno and Capriccio, but much less expensive, and they take reservations. Also, the charges for drinks and wine are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Our expierence at Adesso wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Our expierence at Adesso was very positive. Our server was probably one of the best I have ever had in 50 years of dining in providence. The food was varried and exceptional, we wern't hurried and this made for an fantastic evening.Special Features:
- The food was very good. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013The food was very good. It got busy after we ordered and it took a little longer to get our food...however,Netherlands waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- I think a large menu choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2013I think a large menu choice would of been better. Not many choices. And as a veg. they gave you beets. Not the greatest choice. 2 Vegs & startch would of made the plate complete. All in all it was nice, drinks good.
- The food and service wereCLNYVIPDined on 4/3/2013The food and service were outstanding. I love broiled Veal Chops, and have eaten them in many New York and Rhode Island Restaurants. The one served here ranks right at the top of the list. My Guest,s appertizer of Sauteed Mushrooms, which I have never seen served by themselves as an appertizer course were fantastic. 3 or 4 different types of mushrooms served with a butter, garlic, and olive oil sauce. Superb. Definitily will returnSpecial Features:
- Good Times & Great EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013I really enjoyed my time here, especially the seafood pasta dish. Plenty of food on my plate so I could enjoy it all again the next day. Love that!Special Features:
- This is my favortie restaurant.cortiDined on 3/30/2013This is my favortie restaurant. Ive neeb there many times and will keep coming backSpecial Features:
- My wife and I remember theFlydreamingDined on 3/30/2013My wife and I remember the O.G. off of Thayer and were very happy to learn of the new place opening up on our beloved Federal Hill. We arrived at 6:00 and were greeted by a very pleasant hostess who took us to our table which was right where I had hoped to sit. Our waiter arrived to offer us a drink while we looked over the menu, which is a very nice selection of anything you would want or need. We had to have the shrimp wrapped in italian ham,it was awesome to say the least. My wife had the Sea Scallops over Arugula,and I had the steak tips over Parpadelle. The meal was great everything came out hot and the Scallops were tender and presented with a nice sear. My food was great as well with a rich demi-glaze that rocked! Going back soon..Special Features:
- We were fans of Adesso beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013We were fans of Adesso before and glad to dine there again. Of course we will be back. The only reason it was quiet was because it was Good Friday so it wasn't too busySpecial Features:
- First time here based on otherOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2013First time here based on other reviews and a friend recommendation. Awesome find off the busy Main Street on Federal Hill. Great bar and good wine list. Staff was all very friendly and attentive. Complementary valet parking is a huge plus. The food was excellent. My party was 4 and none of us had one single compliant, everybody loved it! We'll definitely go back for more!Special Features:
- We had a great night at Adesso.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013We had a great night at Adesso. The food was wonderful, the service was friendly and accommodating, and the prices were very reasonable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Absolutely the Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2013Every time we dine here it is fantastic! From the valet & Hostess to our server and of course the food. Not your typical Italian restaurant like every other restaurant in Providence. (though they do offer "old school" Italian earlier in the week, which we've tried & loved also!) The food is outstanding. Would highly recommend! Can wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are hooked. Service, food,PorgeDined on 3/17/2013We are hooked. Service, food, wine list all get the highest of marks, especially in their price point. Thanks for another great dining experience, and we'll see you on Easter Sunday!!Special Features:
- Excellent! Fresh and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013Excellent! Fresh and delicious! Love the wines by the glass selection.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013Love this restaurant! The decor, the service, the food is great! This was our second visit. We can't wait to go again when warmer weather arrives.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT MENU EVEN IF WITHOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013EXCELLENT MENU EVEN IF WITH THE VERY LOW LIGHTING LEVEL AND THE MENU IN SMALL SCRIPT ON VELLUM BACKGROUND IT IS DIFFICULT TO READ. VERY FRESH FOOD ATTENTIVE SERVICESpecial Features:
- Sad to say we had the wholeBirgsVIPDined on 3/8/2013Sad to say we had the whole restaurant to ourselves, but the snowstorm may have had something to do with the lack of patrons. Glad to see Adesso is back offering its wide range of Italian food as we always enjoyed our meals at the former location.Special Features: