535 West Liberty Dr.
Wheaton, IL 60187Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://adelles.com/
- Phone: 6307848015
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Anderson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Customized catering available. Impress your guests by having Adelle's chef in your home!
- Private Party Facilities: Private & semi-private dining rooms available for up to 65 guests. Let Adelles make your affair memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Williams 6307848015
- Entertainment: Live jazz sponsored by local radio station WDCB every Thursday in the lounge from 7:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. Check our website under "events" for occasional other live music events.
- Cross Street: West Street
- Public Transit: Union Pacific West Line-Downtown Wheaton Stop.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is permitted on the lower level of parking garage to the west of building. Please disregard "permit only" signs, cars will not be towed from the lower level during restaurant hours. Adelle's small private lot is to east of restaurant and metered street parking is available.
A word from Adelle's
A stylish, comfortable atmosphere featuring the large wine bar, art deco mosaic chandeliers, warm copper accents, soothing decor colors & two cozy fireplaces welcome you to Adelle's. Located in the heart of the western suburbs, Adelle's is not only the perfect neighborhood spot, but also a central gathering place for friends to meet or for before concerts & shows. The menu & numerous daily specials, featuring American bistro fare, reflect our commitment to new interpretations of fresh, delicious cuisine reminiscent of memorable dishes that have a tradition on the American table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Adelle's - Best Restaurants in Wheaton ›
Adelle's reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (132)neighborhood gem (118)special occasion (116)fit for foodies (114)romantic (89)notable wine list (63)good for groups (43)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (19)late-night find (9)great for lunch (9)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)Show More
- First TimeRodgerJ1Dined on 9/27/2014Went there for my wife's birthday. It was our first time and we were very pleased with the service and food. Nice size restaurant with a nice atmosphere. Servers were friendly (very important) and the food from the appetizers to the main course was excellent. Definitely worth going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KrautsrusDined on 9/27/2014One of the best restaurants in the Western suburbs -- gives Niche (Geneva) a run for their money!Special Features:
- Great food-the rest could be bettergourmandougourmetDined on 9/27/2014The food was great, from the appetizers, entrees (from the specials list), and finishing with dessert. But the restaurant decor was a bit dated, and the service we received was not the best. Once we placed our drink order, received our wine, and reviewed the menus, it took a LONG time for our server to come back and get our food orders. It appeared to be an issue just with our server, as other tables were not having the same problem, and our service did improve a bit as the night went on. But it is difficult to get good service when the server fails to even glance at our table when walking past to at least give us an opportunity to get their attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuntieEVIPDined on 9/27/2014Another great meal and great entertainment in the barSpecial Features:
- Excellent food!!NikiakablondieDined on 9/26/2014Great patio! Service was excellent although a bit disorganized. They brought our appetizer before our wine but still all in all the food made up for the tiny service flaw. Very nice patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent. They took get care of my daughter and her new fiancee. Much appreciated.Special Features:
- willnotgobackDined on 9/20/2014drinks are too expensive, and so is food - we will not go back
- FantasticmlbsysDined on 9/19/2014Great Service, Great Food. The white fish and salmon were outstanding.Special Features:
- SbrauscDined on 9/19/2014Adele's has amazing food and great service as well- a great pick for a special occasion We really enjoyed the scallops and beef tenderloinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgoodfoodDined on 9/17/2014A gorgeous restaurant with incredibly delicious food, great for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- The best!RainbowGirlDined on 9/14/2014Celebrated my birthday with my family and the meal, the service, and the meal was all incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grown up diningDelightedDinerDined on 9/13/2014Very good food - a varied wine list and outstanding service. Our waiter and his help were amazingly attentive even with a busy Saturday night crowd. The fabulous service and the tempura green beans are enough to make me want to return. But, there is a lot more to return for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wheaton TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Adele's is a great find! Food is beautifully presented, and the flavors are spectacular!! The use of spices and seasonings brings interest to the food that pleases the palate and delights the heart. The ordinary becomes extraordinary and exceptional at Adele's. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineTipperDined on 9/13/2014We were greatly pleased with our evening at Adele's. Very good service and our waiter gave us excellent advice on menu items. We dined early in the evening, so the restaurant was quiet and conversation friendly. Prices are moderate and the food was excellent. You must try Adelle' at least once and you won't be dissapointedSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!CieloDined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful dining experience here. The food was amazing. The service was a little slow but I think it was just our table. The waiters at other tables seemed to be moving much faster. It is an wonderful, romantic place to dine.Special Features:
- great placeMarkVIPDined on 9/12/2014Adelle's is just a great restaurant, great food, great ambience. Wish we lived closer.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentFredDined on 9/11/2014We've been going to Adelle's since they were located on College Ave. The food has always been excellent. It has maintained its appeal.Special Features:
- Good but not for the PricejeetjetDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I tried out Adelle's for his birthday dinner after we were not able to make a reservation for our favorite special occasion restaurant. The decor, white table linens, and quiet atmosphere made it a nice evening for us; however, we were not overly impressed with our dinners for what we paid for them. I had the parmesan-crusted chicken, which was both unique and good tasting, but definitely not worth $20. My husband had the bleu-cheese flat iron steak, which he said tasted like an Applebee's steak, also not worth the $26. I would enjoy this restaurant more for wine and appetizers so that we could enjoy the ambiance, but we won't be returning for entrees.Special Features:
- BloomingtravlerDined on 9/6/2014Lamb Chops, Meatloaf and Iron Skillet steak were all very good. The beet salad was presented well. Flavor was average. Service was very good. Owner stopped by to chat for a few minutes. We sat in the west wing of the restaurant. The air was a little stagnant there compared to the main part of the restaurant. Overall a nice place on the westside of Downtown Wheaton.Special Features:
- Wonderful spot!LindsayDined on 9/6/2014Love it! Love it! Love it! We had a wonderful dinner- pasta and risotto special were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014A charming and cozy place with good food, good wine and attentive waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemItalian1Dined on 8/29/2014I kept forgetting about Adelle's because of it's off the main drag location but, I won't anymore. It was very good, and has space for private parties of different sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Western BurbsTrendy1Dined on 8/24/2014Adele's offers consistently delicious and fresh locally sourced food in a beautiful setting and welcoming atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOysterLoverVIPDined on 8/23/2014Adelle's is a favorite. Always wonderful whether special occasion or just a great nightSpecial Features:
- BenezraBendDined on 8/22/2014All dishes we tried were tasty, fresh and well-executed. A Tilapia entree which choice was made simple by a genuine recommendation from our waitress--I came thinking seafood--was perfection. The flesh was fresh, flavorful and meaty; the pea puree adding color and creamy texture; and ultra fresh baby carrots adding more color, flavor and perfect crunchy texture. As said, our waitress made our choices easy with professionally made recommendations, but most of the "waiting" was done by a bussing crew which although mostly good was a bit gruff and lacked timing considering the high level of the rest of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Adelle's!BecketmonkVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food is at the top of my checklist for an outstanding restaurant. But when a restaurant offers me an attentive wait staff, a full water glass that never empties, and an attractive and always clean restroom, then I am very impressed. That's why I like to say, "Absolutely Adelle's!"Special Features:
- ExcellentNew2ChicagoDined on 8/20/2014Completely lived up to reputation and expectations. Excellent high quality food in unique and tasty dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PEPLVIPDined on 8/19/2014We celebrated our 35th Anniversary with dinner at Adelle's, and weren't disappointed! We dined outside and enjoyed a wonderful experience! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014When we go to Adelle's we like to get most of the small plates because there is so much amazing food. The risotto is always top of the list. Carbonara risotto was beyond words delicious. A favorite of mine is also the beet salad and the thai lobster rolls. We dont go out to eat often but when we go to Adelle's we are never disappointed.Special Features:
- DianeiDianeiDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Adelle's on Saturday and was amazed at the wonderful food. Everything was prepared to perfection. Field salad was delicious. Entrees of Swordfish and Whitefish were outstanding. We topped off the meal by sharing a chocolate mousse (not usually my fav) with fresh raspberry sauce and cream. It was fantastic! Service was somewhat slow but the food proved worth the wait.Special Features:
- hevan4hevan4Dined on 8/16/2014Once again a great meal. The Risotto is to die for. This time it was a crayfish mixed with other goodies to make an excellent treat. Great way to start the meal. The swordfish and White fish entrees where excellent. The fish did not have that "fishy" taste, especially significant for the swordfish. the salted caramel gelatto was a great finishing touch. The service was fine. No rush to get us out and enough time between cocktails, appetizer, entrees and dessert to enjoy conversation, yet the time was not so long as to wonder whether we were forgotten. It was nicely paced. This is our favorite restaurant. the menu changes are mostly in the specials. The Chef is creative with many succulent choices. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- From Negative to PositiveFoodieDined on 8/16/201445 min. wait for hors d'oeuvres! After complaint to manager they arrived with an extra complimentary appetizer for our party of 6. Returned steak medium Instead of med rare. Free desserts made up for faux pas plus apologies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningluvNitelifeVIPDined on 8/15/2014The Swordfish which was a special was simply wonderful. This was the first time dining here and we will return. The outside patio looked so very beautiful....we only wish we had requested it. Next time .... definitely the patio. Thank you For a wonderful, romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in WheatonJSL1613Dined on 8/15/2014I love dining at Adelle's. It is especially fun dining on the increasingly lovely patio in summer. Inside the decor is elegant and softly lit without being dark. I especially enjoy the pistachio salmon selection. Service is very good and always friendly. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- Weeknight dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/7/2014We love coming to Adelle's for a great meal. Tonight we had the salmon and flat iron steak - both very good. We are never disappointed, quality is consistent, and we can always rely on Adelle's for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014We have always enjoyed dining at Adelle's. This visit our server was a disappointment. He was slow to respond and disappeared for awhile several times. We did notice that several other servers were more attentive than our own. The food was good, as always. We have had many great meals, and will go back again hoping this was a singular experience in a long string of satisfying visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful In WheatonGunnyChowDined on 8/2/2014This was my first visit to the new location. I couldn't have been any happier when I left. Our waiter told us the specials almost with a gleam in his eye. He really knew the menu and the wine recommendation couldn't have been any better. Fresh bruschetta and bacon wrapped scallops w/ almonds started us off. Followed by one of the best steaks I have ever eaten, it literally melted in my mouth. The dessert menu was filled with in season offerings and a Chocolate Mousse w/ raspberries and fresh whipped cream to die for. Such a progressive menu. Imagine fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere with Pearl Jam playing quietly above you. Kudos to the entire staff, what a grand experience.Special Features:
- Evening with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014Nice meals. Great service by John D. Our guests enjoyed their meal, the food was terrific. Adelle's has a nice electric menu, and risotto is their specialty.Special Features:
- nice place close to homeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014First time visit. Given nice patio table. Ordered bruchetta appetizer which we shared as it was huge. Husband's schnitzel was very tough could not cut it even with sharp knife. They took $$ some off the bill and commpted us a dessert. Would go again just order something else.Special Features:
- A must!Chris7ineVIPDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant never disappoints! The food is wonderful, the staff is great, the outdoor patio should not be missed this summer ! The owners are terrific, tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.