535 West Liberty Dr.
Wheaton, IL 60187Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://adelles.com/
- Phone: (630) 784-8015
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Anderson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Customized catering available. Impress your guests by having Adelle's chef in your home!
- Private Party Facilities: Private & semi-private dining rooms available for up to 65 guests. Let Adelles make your affair memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Williams 6307848015
- Entertainment: Live jazz sponsored by local radio station WDCB every Thursday in the lounge from 7:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. Check our website under "events" for occasional other live music events.
- Cross Street: West Street
- Public Transit: Union Pacific West Line-Downtown Wheaton Stop.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is permitted on the lower level of parking garage to the west of building. Please disregard "permit only" signs, cars will not be towed from the lower level during restaurant hours. Adelle's small private lot is to east of restaurant and metered street parking is available.
A word from Adelle's
A stylish, comfortable atmosphere featuring the large wine bar, art deco mosaic chandeliers, warm copper accents, soothing decor colors & two cozy fireplaces welcome you to Adelle's. Located in the heart of the western suburbs, Adelle's is not only the perfect neighborhood spot, but also a central gathering place for friends to meet or for before concerts & shows. The menu & numerous daily specials, featuring American bistro fare, reflect our commitment to new interpretations of fresh, delicious cuisine reminiscent of memorable dishes that have a tradition on the American table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Adelle's - Best Restaurants in Wheaton ›
Adelle's reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (120)fit for foodies (118)neighborhood gem (117)great for outdoor dining (85)romantic (80)notable wine list (60)good for groups (47)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (22)late-night find (10)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Adelle's is great!HappytrvlrDined on 11/21/2014The food, drink, and atmosphere at hotels is always delightful. The waitstaff and bar selections are very unique and always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, Atmosphere and ServiceLaDeLaDined on 11/20/2014I have been to Adelle's a number of times and always have a wonderful experience. The menu could not have better choices. I would have been thrilled with anything they brought out. Whomever I am with, at my table ends up sharing, because you want everyone to enjoy how delicious the food really is. If you go on a Thursday night they have great jazz. You can sit in the bar or in a side room off of the bar. We sat in the side room, it had a fire place and was intimate, cozy and romantic. The service is outstanding, from hostess to busboy you are treated very well. Our waitress was knowledgable, attentive, and on top of every detail. Whether you are with friends, family or your date, Adelle's is a perfect choice. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat little place.EduardVIPDined on 11/19/2014Second time here and we really like it. Larger inside than it seems from the outside. Has outside seating that I bet is nice in warm weather. Good menu with sufficient choices. Server was knowledgeable and made recommendations upon request. Finished up with the Black Cow dessert. Outstanding. Prices quite reasonable for the quality and quantity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014The evening will be remembered for a long time. Reservations were made through Open Table and the process was quick and easy. We arrived on time and were immediately seated in a small dining room next to a fireplace which my companion appreciated on this cold windy evening. A glass of red wine (from an extensive wine list) was followed by Butternut squash-Granny Smith apple soup which was excellent. We both enjoyed the Chopped Caesar salad which was almost to large, but very fresh and tasty. From the Wednesday dinner specials we selected the Cashew crusted wild Hawaiian Monchong with basmati fried rice and Asian vegetable stir-fry (simply excellent) and the Penne pasta, Italian sausage, shrimp,fresh mozzarella, mushrooms, baby spinach with tomato-vodka cream sauce (outstanding). We enjoyed a great cup of coffee and also succumbed to a wonderful Chocolate truffle brownie with raspberry sauce and whipped cream which we shared. Our server was extremely helpful and attentive in making this a wonderful dining experience. The evening was an anniversary as we returned to Adelle's, the scene of our first dinner date exactly one year ago to the day. Thank you to all at Adelle's for making this a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KeloDined on 11/15/2014Food was marginal, service as well. Won't be back.
- Outstanding Service and FoodKeelaDined on 11/11/2014As always, the food at Adelle's offers an interesting menu, delicious food and excellent attentive service. Tuesday nights is "no corkage" fee when you bring your own wine. We brought some champagne for a special event, and our server was extremely attentive, keeping our glasses filled throughout the evening. We were never rushed, and enjoyed a leisurely meal, followed by a complimentary dessert for the birthday and coffee refills till we left. Adelle's has been our favorite for quite awhile, and remains so!Special Features:
- We'll be back!foodieVIPDined on 11/8/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant and it was at least as good as the first. Blue cheese hangar steak and andouill scallops were delicious!
- dining4usDined on 11/8/2014I ate here for a second time and plan to return. Both times I was tempted by their Risotto of the Day and loved it. This time it was made with sweet corn, green onions, roasted sweet pepper and grilled shrimp with a chili-garlic butter sauce. Delicious. The individual I was with had fish - Wild Skate - and liked it very much. I had a wine I liked but on the second try, not the first. There are lots of wines on the menu, but the majority are sold by bottle only. The bar was very full and lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a lovely eveningbob2014Dined on 11/8/2014we were there with friends we had not seen in a year. we had a lovely dinner & we were not rushed so we had time to catch up with our friends. The food was excellent. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantLindaDined on 11/8/2014We had great service, a delicious meal, and noise level was very "conversation friendly." I had the Panko-breaded Whitefish and my friend had the Schnitzle Tenderloin. Both entrees were outstanding. I applaud Adelle's for offering such fine food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Fine DiningMJPriceDined on 11/7/2014This was my 1st trip to Adelle's in Wheaton. When we entered, we were immediately greeted by the hostess, and taken to our table. The restaurant has a very nice feel, ambiance. Our server was very attentive, and well versed on the menu and specials. Their wine list is very nice and reasonable. Our server took our order, and was very accommodating on a few modifications. Our food arrived quickly and a proper temp. For dessert, we took a recommendation from the next table to try the adult version of a black cow.... WOW! it was fantastic! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service, AmbianceWestBurbFoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed Easter brunch at Adelle's so 5 of us went Saturday night. All of us loved our food. The carrot & fennel soup was to die for! Swordfish, blue cheese strip steak, pasta with vodka sauce and sausage all amazing! Save room for dessert. My brother enjoyed the homemade pina colada bread pudding. My sea salt caramel ice cream was extra special good. Our server John happened to wait on us both times we were there. He's one of those gracious & funny guys you wish was at every restaurant. And - he remembered us or at least acted like he did. Kudos! As if all this goodness was not enough, Adelle's is also very pretty to look at.Special Features:
- Fantastic (again)NanbetsVIPDined on 10/31/2014Service was great (thanks, Mariann!). Had the pistachio crusted salmon -yum! Keep up the good work..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the 'burbsWheatonGemDined on 10/31/2014Great food, great service, great drinks....all at a reasonable price. You can't go wrong with this place. We've been there many times and have never been disappointed. It's hard to go to some other place when you have Adelle's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and invitingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2014This visit was business and I was very pleased. The ambiance leans more towards romantic, but it was cozy, warm and inviting. The noise level is such that it was easy to have a conversation even with the background jazz in the bar. Love this place and will return soon. ThAnk you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first 5 star rating in yearsDFIDinerVIPDined on 10/29/2014First time in a while that there were way more things on the menu that I wanted than I could order. Gnocchi was excellent. Parmesan chicken and sides were tasty and beyond ample. Prosciutto wrapped pork tenderloin also very good and large portion. Add to that attentive and helpful service and it was a great experience. We will definitely be going back to try several other items we wanted.
- Never DisappointsMsFerisDined on 10/25/2014This is a "go to" for my family. We have inadvertently raised our children (10 and 12) to be food snobs. You won't find chicken strips on this menu, but that's not a bad thing. If you have younger children, have them order small plates and teach them to dine like an adult.Special Features:
- Consistently outstanding!rkreedDined on 10/25/2014Adelle's is our go-to restaurant for birthdays and anniversaries and again they did not disappoint. The service was friendly and unobtrusive, the food was simple yet stellar. My husband cannot get enough of the pork schnitzel and I had my favorite parmesan chicken. Their menu is moderately sized and very fairly priced for the quality of the dishes. Will go there again and again!Special Features:
- Great food and entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Food was amazing and the entertainment in the lounge for drinks after was out of this world! Jim Perona was playing on guitar, he was incredible and it was a perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014Our first visit to Adelles was this past weekend to celebrate my birthday. We had such a wonderful evening! Food was excellent and the atmosphere warm and comfortable. It's my new favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticNanbetsVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food was fantastic as was the service! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014We all loved the food The only problem was the traffic to and from ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceTeebsDined on 10/14/2014Not very busy that night as it was raining, si restaurant was quiet and staff very attentive. Fruit and cheese plate good, but 2 cheeses tasted thr same to me. Duck confit gnocchi good but rich. Salmon dish and seafood pasta both very fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't miss choiceAcerVIPDined on 10/14/2014The food is delicious. The daily specials are really special. The wine list is extensive, and an extra treat is there is no corkage fee on Tuesdays if you byob. Service is knowledgeable and relaxed, and the ambience allows for conversation without straining. One if the best in the suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish I'd known Adelle's soonerjustOKVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were looking for a restaurant in the Wheaton area in order to meet some friends half-way from our respective homes. What a pleasant surprise. The menu is wonderful with many tempting choices and demonstrating great creativity. Everything we ordered was delicious. I am a cassoulet fanatic and their version was scrumptious.Special Features:
- great service, great foodjrdeDined on 10/10/2014Had a wonderful meal. Waitstaff was very friendly and attentive. Never felt rushed nor neglected. Food was very good. Their small plates are a great way to experience several dishes. Nice selection of food but not overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Suburban RestaurantCfood74Dined on 10/9/2014This is a favorite for a monthly date. There are amazing daily specials and the chef prepares a different risotto daily. The dishes are uniquely American and come in a large or small size. We celebrated our 15th anniversary here and we were welcomed with a complimentary toast. We ordered six small plates to share and shared a dessert. It was quite a selection and we did have a full dish to take home! We like to do this because once we see the menu, we want a little bit of everything! This place is worth the price. A great bar with live music playing softly made our night last time. Once we went and there were two Bentleys parked out front. It is the chance to enjoy the best food combinations without traveling to the city or overseas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at its bestTexasDined on 10/4/2014The entire experience as always was outstanding. The menu is excellently constructed, the food experience unbelievable great, the service wonderful and we always feel like we belong.Special Features:
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Thoroughly outstanding experience!! The service was outstanding; and the food...I can't say enough ab the quality. ..it was thoroughly outstanding. I can't wait to go back on a Thursday night to listen to some live jazz and have another great dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adelles fine american fareKikiDDined on 10/3/2014We had our first experience at Adelle's and were happy with our choice. The food was delicious, server was very nice and helpful. We stayed for a while after dinner to listen to the live music, and will be back on a Thursday to see what the jazz is all about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I are Adelle regulars in part because of the great food which can be rich at times, but is fresh and seasonal. The service is the best and it's consistent. I think we had semi poor service once in about the 50 times we've eaten here, and the manager came over to make sure that he did what he could to make things better. They really make you feel special and the staff are always able to make great recommendations because they are allowed to taste the foods (which I think many places need to put more emphasis on). If your a duck fan, I recommend ordering the duck as it is the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- First time there, won't be the lastFrequentfoodieVIPDined on 10/1/2014My husband and I chose Adelle's based on some very positive reviews and we're glad we did. The menu sounded so good that we were ready to say "okay" to everything on the small plates and appetizers list. We finally had to limit ourselves to 3 small plates a person and that was because we wanted dessert. Almost everything we ordered was outstanding, particularly the pear and fig bruschetta with goat cheese. Dessert was a peach crisp that wasn't overly sweet like most desserts and a lovely cap to the meal. The owner came in and checked on us personally and even sent a complimentary toast of champagne when we mentioned it was our anniversary. Looking forward to our next visit to Adelle's.Special Features:
- First TimeRodgerJ1Dined on 9/27/2014Went there for my wife's birthday. It was our first time and we were very pleased with the service and food. Nice size restaurant with a nice atmosphere. Servers were friendly (very important) and the food from the appetizers to the main course was excellent. Definitely worth going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KrautsrusDined on 9/27/2014One of the best restaurants in the Western suburbs -- gives Niche (Geneva) a run for their money!Special Features:
- Great food-the rest could be bettergourmandougourmetDined on 9/27/2014The food was great, from the appetizers, entrees (from the specials list), and finishing with dessert. But the restaurant decor was a bit dated, and the service we received was not the best. Once we placed our drink order, received our wine, and reviewed the menus, it took a LONG time for our server to come back and get our food orders. It appeared to be an issue just with our server, as other tables were not having the same problem, and our service did improve a bit as the night went on. But it is difficult to get good service when the server fails to even glance at our table when walking past to at least give us an opportunity to get their attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuntieEVIPDined on 9/27/2014Another great meal and great entertainment in the barSpecial Features:
- Excellent food!!NikiakablondieDined on 9/26/2014Great patio! Service was excellent although a bit disorganized. They brought our appetizer before our wine but still all in all the food made up for the tiny service flaw. Very nice patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent. They took get care of my daughter and her new fiancee. Much appreciated.Special Features:
- willnotgobackDined on 9/20/2014drinks are too expensive, and so is food - we will not go back
- FantasticmlbsysDined on 9/19/2014Great Service, Great Food. The white fish and salmon were outstanding.Special Features: