535 West Liberty Dr.
Wheaton, IL 60187Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://adelles.com/
- Phone: 6307848015
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Anderson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Customized catering available. Impress your guests by having Adelle's chef in your home!
- Private Party Facilities: Private & semi-private dining rooms available for up to 65 guests. Let Adelles make your affair memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Williams 6307848015
- Entertainment: Live jazz sponsored by local radio station WDCB every Thursday in the lounge from 7:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. Check our website under "events" for occasional other live music events.
- Cross Street: West Street
- Public Transit: Union Pacific West Line-Downtown Wheaton Stop.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is permitted on the lower level of parking garage to the west of building. Please disregard "permit only" signs, cars will not be towed from the lower level during restaurant hours. Adelle's small private lot is to east of restaurant and metered street parking is available.
A word from Adelle's
A stylish, comfortable atmosphere featuring the large wine bar, art deco mosaic chandeliers, warm copper accents, soothing decor colors & two cozy fireplaces welcome you to Adelle's. Located in the heart of the western suburbs, Adelle's is not only the perfect neighborhood spot, but also a central gathering place for friends to meet or for before concerts & shows. The menu & numerous daily specials, featuring American bistro fare, reflect our commitment to new interpretations of fresh, delicious cuisine reminiscent of memorable dishes that have a tradition on the American table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Adelle's - Best Restaurants in Wheaton ›
Adelle's reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (128)fit for foodies (124)special occasion (124)great for outdoor dining (119)romantic (92)notable wine list (68)good for groups (43)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (25)late-night find (11)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (6)Show More
- Never DisappointsMsFerisDined on 10/25/2014This is a "go to" for my family. We have inadvertently raised our children (10 and 12) to be food snobs. You won't find chicken strips on this menu, but that's not a bad thing. If you have younger children, have them order small plates and teach them to dine like an adult.Special Features:
- Consistently outstanding!rkreedDined on 10/25/2014Adelle's is our go-to restaurant for birthdays and anniversaries and again they did not disappoint. The service was friendly and unobtrusive, the food was simple yet stellar. My husband cannot get enough of the pork schnitzel and I had my favorite parmesan chicken. Their menu is moderately sized and very fairly priced for the quality of the dishes. Will go there again and again!Special Features:
- Great food and entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Food was amazing and the entertainment in the lounge for drinks after was out of this world! Jim Perona was playing on guitar, he was incredible and it was a perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014Our first visit to Adelles was this past weekend to celebrate my birthday. We had such a wonderful evening! Food was excellent and the atmosphere warm and comfortable. It's my new favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticNanbetsVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food was fantastic as was the service! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014We all loved the food The only problem was the traffic to and from ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceTeebsDined on 10/14/2014Not very busy that night as it was raining, si restaurant was quiet and staff very attentive. Fruit and cheese plate good, but 2 cheeses tasted thr same to me. Duck confit gnocchi good but rich. Salmon dish and seafood pasta both very fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't miss choiceAcerVIPDined on 10/14/2014The food is delicious. The daily specials are really special. The wine list is extensive, and an extra treat is there is no corkage fee on Tuesdays if you byob. Service is knowledgeable and relaxed, and the ambience allows for conversation without straining. One if the best in the suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish I'd known Adelle's soonerjustOKVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were looking for a restaurant in the Wheaton area in order to meet some friends half-way from our respective homes. What a pleasant surprise. The menu is wonderful with many tempting choices and demonstrating great creativity. Everything we ordered was delicious. I am a cassoulet fanatic and their version was scrumptious.Special Features:
- great service, great foodjrdeDined on 10/10/2014Had a wonderful meal. Waitstaff was very friendly and attentive. Never felt rushed nor neglected. Food was very good. Their small plates are a great way to experience several dishes. Nice selection of food but not overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Suburban RestaurantCfood74Dined on 10/9/2014This is a favorite for a monthly date. There are amazing daily specials and the chef prepares a different risotto daily. The dishes are uniquely American and come in a large or small size. We celebrated our 15th anniversary here and we were welcomed with a complimentary toast. We ordered six small plates to share and shared a dessert. It was quite a selection and we did have a full dish to take home! We like to do this because once we see the menu, we want a little bit of everything! This place is worth the price. A great bar with live music playing softly made our night last time. Once we went and there were two Bentleys parked out front. It is the chance to enjoy the best food combinations without traveling to the city or overseas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at its bestTexasDined on 10/4/2014The entire experience as always was outstanding. The menu is excellently constructed, the food experience unbelievable great, the service wonderful and we always feel like we belong.Special Features:
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Thoroughly outstanding experience!! The service was outstanding; and the food...I can't say enough ab the quality. ..it was thoroughly outstanding. I can't wait to go back on a Thursday night to listen to some live jazz and have another great dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adelles fine american fareKikiDDined on 10/3/2014We had our first experience at Adelle's and were happy with our choice. The food was delicious, server was very nice and helpful. We stayed for a while after dinner to listen to the live music, and will be back on a Thursday to see what the jazz is all about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I are Adelle regulars in part because of the great food which can be rich at times, but is fresh and seasonal. The service is the best and it's consistent. I think we had semi poor service once in about the 50 times we've eaten here, and the manager came over to make sure that he did what he could to make things better. They really make you feel special and the staff are always able to make great recommendations because they are allowed to taste the foods (which I think many places need to put more emphasis on). If your a duck fan, I recommend ordering the duck as it is the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- First time there, won't be the lastFrequentfoodieVIPDined on 10/1/2014My husband and I chose Adelle's based on some very positive reviews and we're glad we did. The menu sounded so good that we were ready to say "okay" to everything on the small plates and appetizers list. We finally had to limit ourselves to 3 small plates a person and that was because we wanted dessert. Almost everything we ordered was outstanding, particularly the pear and fig bruschetta with goat cheese. Dessert was a peach crisp that wasn't overly sweet like most desserts and a lovely cap to the meal. The owner came in and checked on us personally and even sent a complimentary toast of champagne when we mentioned it was our anniversary. Looking forward to our next visit to Adelle's.Special Features:
- First TimeRodgerJ1Dined on 9/27/2014Went there for my wife's birthday. It was our first time and we were very pleased with the service and food. Nice size restaurant with a nice atmosphere. Servers were friendly (very important) and the food from the appetizers to the main course was excellent. Definitely worth going back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KrautsrusDined on 9/27/2014One of the best restaurants in the Western suburbs -- gives Niche (Geneva) a run for their money!Special Features:
- Great food-the rest could be bettergourmandougourmetDined on 9/27/2014The food was great, from the appetizers, entrees (from the specials list), and finishing with dessert. But the restaurant decor was a bit dated, and the service we received was not the best. Once we placed our drink order, received our wine, and reviewed the menus, it took a LONG time for our server to come back and get our food orders. It appeared to be an issue just with our server, as other tables were not having the same problem, and our service did improve a bit as the night went on. But it is difficult to get good service when the server fails to even glance at our table when walking past to at least give us an opportunity to get their attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuntieEVIPDined on 9/27/2014Another great meal and great entertainment in the barSpecial Features:
- Excellent food!!NikiakablondieDined on 9/26/2014Great patio! Service was excellent although a bit disorganized. They brought our appetizer before our wine but still all in all the food made up for the tiny service flaw. Very nice patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent. They took get care of my daughter and her new fiancee. Much appreciated.Special Features:
- willnotgobackDined on 9/20/2014drinks are too expensive, and so is food - we will not go back
- FantasticmlbsysDined on 9/19/2014Great Service, Great Food. The white fish and salmon were outstanding.Special Features:
- SbrauscDined on 9/19/2014Adele's has amazing food and great service as well- a great pick for a special occasion We really enjoyed the scallops and beef tenderloinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgoodfoodDined on 9/17/2014A gorgeous restaurant with incredibly delicious food, great for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- The best!RainbowGirlDined on 9/14/2014Celebrated my birthday with my family and the meal, the service, and the meal was all incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grown up diningDelightedDinerDined on 9/13/2014Very good food - a varied wine list and outstanding service. Our waiter and his help were amazingly attentive even with a busy Saturday night crowd. The fabulous service and the tempura green beans are enough to make me want to return. But, there is a lot more to return for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wheaton TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Adele's is a great find! Food is beautifully presented, and the flavors are spectacular!! The use of spices and seasonings brings interest to the food that pleases the palate and delights the heart. The ordinary becomes extraordinary and exceptional at Adele's. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineTipperDined on 9/13/2014We were greatly pleased with our evening at Adele's. Very good service and our waiter gave us excellent advice on menu items. We dined early in the evening, so the restaurant was quiet and conversation friendly. Prices are moderate and the food was excellent. You must try Adelle' at least once and you won't be dissapointedSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!CieloDined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful dining experience here. The food was amazing. The service was a little slow but I think it was just our table. The waiters at other tables seemed to be moving much faster. It is an wonderful, romantic place to dine.Special Features:
- great placeMarkVIPDined on 9/12/2014Adelle's is just a great restaurant, great food, great ambience. Wish we lived closer.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentFredDined on 9/11/2014We've been going to Adelle's since they were located on College Ave. The food has always been excellent. It has maintained its appeal.Special Features:
- Good but not for the PricejeetjetDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I tried out Adelle's for his birthday dinner after we were not able to make a reservation for our favorite special occasion restaurant. The decor, white table linens, and quiet atmosphere made it a nice evening for us; however, we were not overly impressed with our dinners for what we paid for them. I had the parmesan-crusted chicken, which was both unique and good tasting, but definitely not worth $20. My husband had the bleu-cheese flat iron steak, which he said tasted like an Applebee's steak, also not worth the $26. I would enjoy this restaurant more for wine and appetizers so that we could enjoy the ambiance, but we won't be returning for entrees.Special Features:
- BloomingtravlerDined on 9/6/2014Lamb Chops, Meatloaf and Iron Skillet steak were all very good. The beet salad was presented well. Flavor was average. Service was very good. Owner stopped by to chat for a few minutes. We sat in the west wing of the restaurant. The air was a little stagnant there compared to the main part of the restaurant. Overall a nice place on the westside of Downtown Wheaton.Special Features:
- Wonderful spot!LindsayDined on 9/6/2014Love it! Love it! Love it! We had a wonderful dinner- pasta and risotto special were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014A charming and cozy place with good food, good wine and attentive waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemItalian1Dined on 8/29/2014I kept forgetting about Adelle's because of it's off the main drag location but, I won't anymore. It was very good, and has space for private parties of different sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Western BurbsTrendy1Dined on 8/24/2014Adele's offers consistently delicious and fresh locally sourced food in a beautiful setting and welcoming atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOysterLoverVIPDined on 8/23/2014Adelle's is a favorite. Always wonderful whether special occasion or just a great nightSpecial Features: