1210 McGavock Street
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.adelesnashville.com/
- Phone: (615) 988-9700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Fridays Only 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Matthew Davidson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Adele's
Seasonally inspired, locally sourced, brilliantly uncomplicated cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Adele's - Best Restaurants in The Gulch ›
Adele's reviews from OpenTable diners
312 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (206)hot spot (179)great for outdoor dining (152)good for groups (128)neighborhood gem (108)special occasion (101)vibrant bar scene (92)scenic view (60)great for brunch (42)romantic (38)late-night find (31)notable wine list (30)great for lunch (21)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- Elevated Southern FoodEmilyDined on 11/22/2014We had the shaved ham and homemade pickles (app), pork ribs with polenta (and the most amazing sauce that my husband couldn't get enough of), duck and brussels sprouts ( the glze on the duck was unbelievable- something I couldn't get enough of), and apple crisp with bourbon ice cream. We also had a lovely Barbaresco wine. We've been to a lot of really nice restaurants. But hands down the ribs and duck were probably the best we've ever had. We always try to order things we can't begin to make ourselves and we were totally impressed. Southern food elevated to a higher level. We stuffed ourselves silly, but were so happy with the overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/21/2014The room was very cool. The service and desserts were exceptional. The food was a "B", at best. Two entrees had to be recooked and the flavors on all dishes were very underwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A top find in NashvilleMikeDined on 11/20/2014Visiting Nashville from Atlanta and looking for a restaurant with a cool atmosphere, great food and vibrant place to be...found it all and more in Adele's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner with FridayNashRunnerDined on 11/20/2014I went to dinner here with a close girl friend for her birthday. The service was a little slow to start with, but then our drinks and food came out very quickly! Everything was very tasty. The appetizer portions are small, so we ordered two different ones without knowing the portion size, then split an entrée and dessert. It was just enough food for both of us! I loved the atmosphere and will definitely be back, hopefully on a date next time... hahaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodmmhanakVIPDined on 11/16/2014The food is good but there needs to be a better wine selection. I expected more of a food menu from a top chef master. It is very simple.
- Great atmosphere, great foodJamesVIPDined on 11/15/2014It's so nice to go to a restaurant that is wide open and spacious, but still is lively and a hot spot. Food was great, cocktails were fun, and the JW Chicken was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality was good, but food temp was coldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Our server was great. But the food temperature was consistently cold across all courses. The ice cream on our dessert wouldn't even melt because the apple crisp was room temperature and tough. Tasted as though it hadn't been freshly baked. Brussel sprouts were seasoned too heavily with sage and cold. Monkfish was cold as well. Food wasn't representative of the photos I've seen on Adele's Instagram feed. Not sure Chef Waxman would have liked our meal if it had been served to him.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere. Great Service.EM14Dined on 11/14/2014My husband and I visited here Friday night. personally liked the feel of this place, the lighting and open air concept. Although it was cold Friday, and the garage doors were cold I see in the summer or on a warmer night enjoying the breezes while eating. I definitely would return to try more dishes, although my husband was not a fan of the NY strip steak, I loved the JW chicken. It was one of the signature dishes by the chef and it was moist, great flavor and the pesto on top was sooo fresh. The fried oysters were also great. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable. My favorite drink was the rum punch. It was very much a fall cocktail and those who love pumpkin spice will enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale casual dining, fast serviceluckymeVIPDined on 11/11/2014Our waiter, AJ (I think) was the best part of the experience. The cauliflower salad was unique. My husband isn't a fan of cauliflower and he also like it. The crispy trout was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatSpectacularVIPDined on 11/10/2014The great food made up for the underwhelming waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NashVegasNativeDined on 11/8/2014Loved it! Really cool atmosphere. They did a great job of converting the vintage garage shell into a great new dining venue. Really hip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent; bar expensive2dinewithloveDined on 11/6/2014Enjoyed the kale iterations and chicken fantastic. Food priced to quality. Bar overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 Hit!5StarVIPDined on 11/6/2014Chef Jonathan Waxman scores another success in his storied career! Adele's was nothing short of amazing. The signature JW Chicken is a must! Great Drinks, #theboss, friendly staff and lively atmosphere @ Adele's makes this a music city must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back!!DelishDined on 11/3/2014Everyone enjoyed the food, nothing off the beaten path and prepared with the freshest of ingredients, the most unique of style and flavor. Highly recommend the meatball and polenta appetizer as well as the pizzette. The side of potatoes is off the chain so don't miss out. From the brussel sprouts to the steak and pasta, most everyone was extremely delighted with their choices. One of the diners didn't LOVE their selection based on the specific taste of the sauce. This was just personal taste. They didn't send it back, just chose not to eat it. The server not only took it off the bill, but the manager came over to apologize and couldn't be more generous with their hospitality. That kind of customer service is reason alone to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was Not DisappointedChrisDined on 11/1/2014Very much enjoyed the weekend dinner at Adele's. The mushroom-ricotta bruschetta was incredible. Really enjoyed the JW Chicken and Green Sauce as well as the Pork Ribs. Wonderful flavor on all the food, excellent service, and a really cool place. A little let down by the dessert. Went with the Apple Tart, which should be listed as the Clove Tart with Apples. Very strong flavor, and the apples were, in my opinion, under cooked. But that did not ruin what was an otherwise excellent meal.Special Features:
- Great find in the GulchjurajunkyDined on 11/1/2014Stumbled upon this place as we were passing through to another spot in the Gulch. Went in to check out the menu and layout of the restaurant and was quickly greeted by one of the staff. We made reservations for the next weekend, which was hard since it seemed almost completely booked, and were not disappointed. Great meal with friends and a great bar.Special Features:
- Just okout42Dined on 10/31/2014Basically, my wife and I ordered two different entrees and had two different experiences. I order the briased pork which was pretty good. Not superior but good. She ordered the Duck Confit and it was not good at all. Especially, the brussel sprouts which were cooked in some oil that had a very unappealing taste. The best aspect of the meal was the meatball appetizer. For the price, not something we will try again anytime soon.
- Adele's-a welcome addition to GulchLisaVIPDined on 10/31/2014After a rough start, we had a fabulous experience at Adele's. The vegetarian friendly menu gave us more options than we usually see in town. Austin, our server, was TERRIFIC and began our evening turnaround with arancini - very tasty. We tried the homemade gnocchi which is different than others in that they pan sear it in the process giving it a slight crunch, with a sauce of roasted squash, sage and hazelnuts. Excellent and a clear repeat. The JW Chicken which was good, better than City House's version yet a step off of Rolf & Daughters. A side of broccoli and beans was good - I'll try a different side next time. Desserts made in house - loved the apple crisp a tad more than banana pudding. Wine list is fine. Will return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2014our server was great....but the overall service looked shaky, maybe because its new. The wine list needs to expand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad....but not wonderfulMusicCityCoupleDined on 10/30/2014The place is a bit noisy and a bit stark. A burger was delicious, the braised pork ribs just ok. The banana pudding is billed as awesome...I thought it was OK, but not over-the -top wonderful. It was a struggle to find things on the menu that I REALLY wanted to order, probably won't go back as no entrees really intrigue me. The wine options are ridiculous. An example...The menu included only two bottles of Pinot Noir, both priced in excess of $100. Pinot Noir by the glass...2 options...$14 or $20. There are better choices in NashvilleSpecial Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014I was really disappointed. Food was good but not great. I can think of 4-5 other restaurants in Nashville that are better and better priced. It might be hard to give it a second chance based on the other great places in Nashville.
- Very slow service; food average; duck undercooked.UnfortunateDined on 10/26/2014We'd heard mixed reviews. Loved the atmosphere, but it was crowded and the service was very slow.
- Great outdoor diningTreefrogtoesDined on 10/26/2014Appetizers ordered were the pizzeta, mushroom bruschetta, meatballs and they were very good. Dinner order included Risotto, beer braised pork ribs, Steak and Crispy Trout: all finished out in the "good" ranking. A birthday dessert was ranked as "good" as well. Sometimes word of mouth and food reviews set a restaurant up to be "extraordinary, awesome!". Had I not heard all these reviews, I may have given it a higher food rating, but the PR Bar was set so high. This is a fantastic Neighborhood restaurant that it ideal outdoor gathering, nibbling and sipping as you enjoy the beautiful weather and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as beforefergalicious1VIPDined on 10/26/2014this was my fourth time eating here and I had selected this restaurant to bring some friends who had never been for dinner. I was so sad to see the squash and zucchini salad that I love had been changed out for the mixed vegetable salad....best salad ever! I had the sheepshead, one had the trout and two had the chicken. The reviews on the chicken were okay from the two dinners, the two fish dishes were n Less than stella and the beans with the sheepshead were not done, very crunchy for a white bean. For desert we split the coconut cake which was recommended by the waiter, very dry and nothing to write about. Service was very slow nd we waited over 40 minutes for our food.Special Features:
- Excellent, but loud!coolspringersVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great food, great service...but don't go if you want to chat. The only option for conversation is outside. Food is simply outstanding. Best Banana pudding ever!!Special Features:
- Too cool for schoolErphVIPDined on 10/23/2014I was not impressed. Food was not good. They would make no substitutions even though there were items that someone in our group couldn't eat. The waitress was horrible. The only redeeming quality was the manager. I will not return.
- OMG - the Pizze - WOW WEE!DockeyVIPDined on 10/22/2014The food was amazing. The App Pizze was outstanding. Had the pork ribs for main - it was to die for. Everything was perfectly cooked - amazing taste and flavor. Really recommend and encourage you to check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencePinkeDined on 10/22/2014I am originally from Florida and skeptical about seafood in TN but had the best swordfish at Adele's followed by the BEST brownie/toffee/ice cream dish. My friends got the trout and said was bland compared to the 1st time they were there but mine was awesome. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Service was great, really cool atmosphere. I am not a foodie and can be picky so I had to ask what a lot of questions. Banana pudding was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Nice place with really bad serviceEat2pleaseVIPDined on 10/19/2014Went to Adeles for Sunday brunch and had a terrible experience with service. We had read and heard about what a great spot this place was and the moment we walked in we were excited. Beautiful decor, hip, and full of energy. Great open kitchen and we had a table right in front. What could be better? Our server could have been better. We sat for 15 minutes before we were greeted while tables all around us were being served. It was as if we didn't exist. When we were finally addressed, we put in our drink and food order all at once. That was the last time we spoke to our server for 40 minutes.....open table does not allow enough space for a lengthy review. Read my full review on trip adviser.Special Features:
- UghGastronomeDined on 10/18/2014Dear Adele's: Firstly, please get some drapes, tablecloths and real napkins (not dishtowels.) Even a contemporary tapestry would help dampen the brightness of your cement floors and garage doors. We were a group of patrons who wanted to talk to one another and couldn't hear. Secondly, not everyone likes vegetables seasoned with hot chili's..at least warn us. And, could yo turn up the heat in the bar area?? Brrr. Two things you do have going for you.. amazing banana brulee pudding and an attentive wait staff. Thank you, DisappointedSpecial Features:
- Adele'sFoodIsGoodDined on 10/18/2014Food was ok. Drink list was good. Building is very cool.Special Features:
- Best Filet Mignon I've Ever HadOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014Service was great too. They have indoor or outdoor seating. When the weather is nice, they can open the garage doors so that everyone gets fresh air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back! Often!ermnashDined on 10/17/2014I really enjoyed everything about Adele's. Dinner and dessert were perfect. Service was exceptional. I'd recommend a reservation. Make sure your party is on time! While self-parking is terribly awkward (plan to valet) ... I loved the ambiance at Adele's. The patio area is perfect for dinner or drinks and dessert with friends. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the chef's bar. It was so neat to watch them cook. We even had a special appetizer treat just for sitting there. I highly recommend Adele's. I'm looking forward to my next evening here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Addition to NashvilleOutForDinnerDined on 10/16/2014The Nashville restaurant scene is exploding and Adele's by Jonathan Waxman is a highlight. The menu offers something for everyone. We had a group so there were a variety of orders. The gnocchi is outstanding. Crispy and golden brown on the outside, soft and smooth on the inside. It melts in your mouth. The polenta is incredible, with meatballs or without. The crispy trout was good, perfect breading, although it could use more flavor. The twice baked sweet potato was also a hit at the table. The ambiance is 5-star. They have maintained the personality of the former space yet still managed to make it warm and inviting. Overall, Adele's is a top-notch dining experience from top to bottom. Best advice? Don't skip dessert! Wow!Special Features:
- Outstanding PlaceSharpshooterDined on 10/14/2014The service was great, and the staff was helpful and friendly. Great wine too. Been there twice and it was great both times. The valet parking was great; very friendly and helpful valets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!TryeverythingVIPDined on 10/12/2014We went after the Southern Festival of Books on a Sunday night, got right in with our Open Table revs! There was a lively crowd there and with the garage doors open a little loud but not enough to hinder conversation. We were well taken care of by an attentive wait staff and the food was delish!! We each got a salad (mine was kale), split the half chicken entree (yumm), and were perfectly happy. Bravo!Special Features:
- My new favorite brunch!Vagabond76Dined on 10/12/2014I've always loved the vibe and the delicious food for dinner and now it's my new favorite brunch. Seasonal soups, the best chopped kale salad I've ever tasted and all of the breads are made in house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMamaBears88Dined on 10/12/2014We went for brunch and it was a decent restaurant choice. The decor was great, loved all the natural light. JW potatoes were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back for more at Adele's!MaryBethdishesDined on 10/8/2014Had another great experience at Adele's, so figures I should do a review. 1st time here we were blown away by the place- cool ambiance, hopping bar and outdoor space, and the food was fab- had the JW chicken and a side of polenta. Excellent. The 2nd time I had the meatball appetizer and the gnocchi and ate every last bite! My only complaint this most recent time was that our food took way too long- we waited an hour for our meal...on a Wednesday night? I mean it was packed but still found it a bit too long of a wait. Other than that, superb dining in a cool atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.