814 South Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kalisrestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: 4105346262x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 5:00 pm-10:30
Saturday-Saturday: 11:30 am-2 am
Sunday: 11:30 am-10:30 pm
Saturday-Sunday: 11:30 am-3 pm
Monday-Friday: 5 pm-10:30 pm
Saturday-Saturday: 3:30 pm-midnight
Sunday: 3:30pm-10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Adela
The Kali’s Restaurant Group is expanding. Adela joins siblings Kali’s Court, Mezze, and Meli in Fells Point. Offering “classic Spanish tapas” with a modern interpretation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Adela reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (15)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (12)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (9)notable wine list (8)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Just so soLuv2eatDined on 8/31/2014The food is good, but the portion size is extremely small. At first the prices seem reasonable until you see the small servings. You have to order many dishes to make a full meal. Dinner for 6 was nearly $200 including tip. The staff is not very friendly. Not rude, but just not friendly or inviting.
- Off nightPSG2013Dined on 8/29/2014This was our 6th visit in the course of the year and food was not up to its usual sparkle - calamari was charred, meat skewers lacked seasoning meatballs were just ok, and cocktails were flat tasting. Outdoor patio ( accessed from inside) is lovely, service is good but at the end of the day $60 for 3 very small tapas and 2 cocktail was not a great value - wound up going to another restaurant since we were still hungry. Since this was the first time we were disappointed we'll give it another shot before the end of the yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish likesamuwellDined on 8/19/2014My daughter who lives in Spain - Palma, Mallorca and Madrid says it is as good as the Tapas places there. everything was excellent. I want to go back to sample some of the other tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas Triumph!DawnDined on 7/29/2014Beautiful restaurant with outstanding food! Spanish tapas - small plates that are generous, fresh and full of flavor. Adela spoke with us and made suggestions on the menu, every item she suggested was a stand alone taste treat. Simple, fresh and flavorful. This is a restaurant that I will return to in the future. Keep up the good work!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Adela is one of our favorite restaurants but this time we went in and we waited about 5 minutes for our server to greet us when we were the only ones in the restaurant and then he pulls out a list of items that they ran out. The list was basically over half of the menu so we decided to try somewhere else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- traditional tapas & great sangriadopeycrazy2Dined on 7/12/2014I had been to the sister restaurant Mezze twice since that's the one everyone raves about. I found the traditional tapas here much more enjoyable. I tried one of the signature cocktails, something with lots of fresh berries, but the sangria is where its at. Both the white and the red are very tasty. The sparkling white sangria was the best. Favorite tapas order: definitely the shrimp!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemPravdaDined on 7/6/2014If you are looking for a quiet spot to enjoy refreshing food with a friend or date this is it. Food and service will not disappoint you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Quite AuthenticBaltoEatsDined on 7/2/2014The food is average to slightly below average. If you've been to Spain you may not recognize some of the dishes, as these seem quite unlike any I've had in many trips over the past 20 years to Spain.
- Great food and nice service!ninasDined on 6/21/2014The staff at Adela were super nice, not the most knowledgeable about the food, but helpful and friendly. The food was great! We had the large charcuterie plate, the croquetas, and scallops. All great quality and tasty! We will definitely return and take friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014The menu was not descriptive in relation to the dishes offered. I ordered a chorizio sandwhich - which was cured chorizio, when I was expecting cooked chorizio. We also ordered manchego cheese which was warm and melting on the plate. One of the worst meals I have had in a long time - the only highlight was the Sangria, which was very good.
- Terrible ServicenkalDined on 6/14/2014The service was terrible. Our waitress forgot about us for stretches of time. When we asked for lemons for the calamari she brought three lemon chunks wrapped in a paper napkin. Serving spoons were nowhere to be found and when we asked we got small spoons. The food was nothing special and so all in all an unsatisfying night out.
- Excellent food as alwaysDisappointedDined on 6/14/2014We went before Vagabonds. The food was outstanding. We ate outside and the service was very good. Only one problem. Vagabonds for years has had an ad where it says they will give us free sangria with the ticket stub. Last time and this time I asked the waiter and they checked and we were told no. We went to Vagabonds and there the ad was again. I feel that they should not stop advertising but should honor their ad. The food so good we will come again, but it does make you feel that the management is not living up to its promises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AppreciateExcellentVIPDined on 6/6/2014Made last minute reservation on a beautiful Friday night and was welcomed and allowed to sit at outdoor table. Inside was very hot bat scene of beautiful people. Outdoors was just lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealJaniceVIPDined on 6/1/2014We really enjoyed our dinner here. You won't go away hungrySpecial Features:
- Awesome bartenderdeljennDined on 5/31/2014He was knowledgeable, friendly, and funny. Recommended great drinks and wines off the menu, helped us decide on great appetizers to share. Was very personable and we enjoyed talking with him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong at AdelaLindseylassDined on 5/30/20144 girlfriends and I went there for a late dinner Friday night. I made last minute reservations on open table for 9pm and requested outdoor seating. They had a table for us when we arrived. As always we had delicious food. They made one of my pregnant girlfriends a mocktail (non-alcoholic cocktail) and when I asked if we could have some bread to start, which isn't their normal practice, they thoughtfully brought out some delicious grilled bread with olive oil. Service was great- our waitress was attentive without interrupting us often. As always, we had another wonderful experience. I will never hesitate to come here or recommend it to someone who enjoys tapas :) thanks Adela!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedFoodieDined on 5/30/2014I have been waiting to eat at Adela for months and finally had the time to experience it. I was very disappointed with the food. The food did not appear or taste fresh and was over priced in my opinion. My steak was overcooked, when we asked for medium it was chargrilled. I was so hungry that we ate what we ordered but if not I would've returned it all. Was the worst meal I've had in a long time and I dine out regularly.
- Another great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Only reason for the poor service was that there was a wedding rehearsal dinner taking up the main dining area. We were seated outside in the back of the restaurant in an adorable terrace. Definitely recommend requesting a seat out there on a nice evening. And the food was great, again!Special Features:
- Dine here when in Fells PointDaisy4648Dined on 5/23/2014This is a small restaurant with great food and service. Because it is tapas you can share everything. The food is wonderful and delivered at just the right moment. We loved it. If it's a weekend make reservations or go early because it fills up.Special Features:
- The following 391 reviews are from the Adela reviews archive.
- A disappointmentBillVIPDined on 5/10/2014We have been to Adela for weekend lunches four or five times now, and each time has been a little sloppier. That's unfortunate, because we like the place and the food. This time we brought guests from DC, made a reservation and were seated promptly and then mostly ignored. When we got menus they were only the brunch menus, although we came for tapas. We had to ask for the other menu. Then we had to ask for a drinks list. Then we had to wait a while for the food, which was served without much thought to their order. So the food was good but everything else seemed a bit off. If late lunch isn't a profitable time for the restaurant, maybe you should consider dispensing with it.Special Features:
- ruthDined on 5/6/2014everythig was very good but we are from uruguay and when the waiter put in the acount 20% for the tip think it was to much we were 6 person the rest was okeySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatieVIPDined on 4/26/2014Food was fantastic! Great tapas place with shareable menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014The food is normally outstanding at Adela but a visit on a recent Saturday night was marred by indifferent service. We were in the courtyard, rather than the main restaurant area, which may have contributed to this - there were also several large parties going on. We hope to see as much effort put into the service in the future as has generally been put into the food.dSpecial Features:
- Decent Tapas in Fells PointLovetoEat22Dined on 4/26/2014My wife and daughter had just returned from Spain and they found the tapas at Adela to be acceptable. All the dishes we had were very good. Standouts I remember were the Loma de Cerdo (pork tenderloin with butternut squash), mussels con chorizo, albondingas (spicy meatballs, the toasted almonds were great) and piquillos peppers stuffed with herbed goat cheese. We were seated in the open-air courtyard on a warm evening which was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe went on an off dayMGDK45Dined on 4/24/2014After reading several reviews and not being a frequent visitor of Fells Point, my boyfriend and I were excited to eat at this restaurant. We sat in the back which was very quaint and romantic since we had the whole room to ourselves. Our server was very nice and helpful, but apparently there were 2 other large parties going on so the kitchen was very slow. We ordered 4 tapas plates and received each plate one after another with about a 10 min wait after eating each tapas, not quite what I was expecting. 2 of our plates were good (the ravioli and the crab and manchego spread) and the other 2 weren't that impressive (lamb and pollo y higo) both which were the chef's specials.Special Features:
- Terrific place for a late lunchBillVIPDined on 4/18/2014Nice fresh soups and a small but versatile selection of Spanish tapas plus a brunch menu on our third lunchtime visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/17/2014Lots of great tapas choices. This would be a great choice for groups and sharing in the tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tapas in BaltimoreMMilesDined on 4/12/2014I would definitely say Adela has the best tapas in Baltimore, especially if you like seafood. My biggest peeve with tapas restaurants is that you pay $10 for a tiny portion, but that is NOT the case at Adela. The portions are a great size (the crabcake dish had three medium sized cakes). I also loved the scallops and brussel sprouts dish - the scallops were massive and super flavorful. We also got the paella, which was loaded with fresh seafood - none of it was that fake or frozen stuff that other places serve. Can't wait to return and try the sparkling sangria - other tables were raving about it, but we had already ordered the white sangria (also delicious).Special Features:
- Acceptable food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014Had dinner for friends there on 4/12/14. Food was good if expensive for amount. Delicious but nothing special that stands out. Service was poor. Lots of time waiting. Valet service is a big plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Adelas!luvwineVIPDined on 4/6/2014We had a wonderful lunch here on Sunday, everything was wonderful. The only minor negative for me was the paella - while it was delicious, the portion size for $22.95 was teeny. We had four other things, all were great and of course, they always have great wine and beer. And the neighborhood is so much fun. Omar was our server - he is always excellent!Special Features:
- Falling for FellsLoJohnnieDined on 4/5/2014The food was pretty amazing - best tapas to date. The crab cakes, scallops, and calamari were incredible! Don't miss this awesome opportunity to dine, enjoy the night life, and relax in this lovely atmosphere for lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas!!!Gourmet2smilesDined on 3/29/2014The food was very good especially the Crabcake Rellenos and the Ravioli. The dessert menu was rather simple . The service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your hostest/waitress wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Your hostest/waitress was extremely rude to us and she did so infront of other customers which ended up making them feel uncomfortable. We were so insulted we left and will never go to your restuarant again.
- Funky & FunbrooklinerDined on 3/16/2014Not familiar with Baltimore, many said that Fells Point was a must. Baltimore Magazine had listed Adela as a top 50 restaurant for 2013. We were not disappointed. The interior design was vintage/edgy. The wine selection was great. The food was creative and well done. Our waiter went out his way to make the birthday boy feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Evening at AdelaWinenDineDined on 3/4/2014My friends and I enjoyed a lovely Winter dinner by the window with a perfect Tempranillo and assorted Tapas it was the perfect atmosphere. Service was excellent and dishes came out at a great pace. Crab cakes, meatballs, chicken w/ figs and plenty of vegetarian options were all shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Sunday BrunchHappYDined on 3/2/2014The restaurant was quiet giving us the opportunity to talk and catch up on 30 years of life. The food was perfect! The mimosas were just the right topper to a perfect Sunday brunch for two old friends to reconnecting! Excellent!Special Features:
- Tapas that leaves you fullWestGhentDined on 3/1/2014Very unique choices and these selections are large enough to fill you up without breaking the bank. The ravioli and croquetas were my favorites but the pumpkin soup is also a must-try. Looks like a fun place to get a drink too if you are in the neighborhood but not looking to eat dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and well pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014Good food and well priced for restaurant week. Staff was nice and not overly a pest but was aware of us and came when necessary. Nice place in downtown Fells.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adela's reviewBubbaDined on 2/14/2014I proposed to my girlfriend on this night. I put that in the comments when I made the reservation and boy did it seem like they heeded the comment. My waiter was very attentive and we even got a comped dessert. I was shocked. Talk about delivering. The set up was great inside and the environment and setting was awesome. I definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Great spot!CharlesDined on 2/14/2014Adela is probably my favorite tapas bar/restaurant in Baltimore. The food and drinks are always good there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.