33 Elm Street
Toronto, ON M5G 1H1Neighborhood:
Yonge and Dundas Square
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.adegarestaurante.ca/
- Phone: 4169774338
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Javier Donan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private room accommodates up to 70 people. The private wine cellar can seat up to 20 people.
- Private Party Contact: Manny Botelho 4169774338
A word from Adega Restaurante
Portuguese-bent cuisine in the true center of downtown Toronto. Featuring fresh fish and seafood such as lobster, tiger shrimp, and octopus. The rustic Mediterranean atmosphere charms everyone. Private dining facilities are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Adega Restaurante reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)romantic (26)special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (16)great for lunch (10)late-night find (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014AMAZING seafood, done in a traditional Portugese style. Great service. Left there absolutely stuffed and very happy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Lovely atmosphere, very attentive service but as it is a restaurant one goes also for the food. The Portuguese single sausage in carmelized onion chutney was very tasty but a tad expensive at $12.50 The linguine was over sauced & the few shrimp probably your average frozen & not presented in any way other than tossed into the sauce. I was expecting more for a $19.00 pasta dish. My friend's grouper was very nice but a couple of beans & and a mini potato or two found hidden underneath don't really equal a vegetable side. Wine ,bread & coffee all very good.
- Portuguese CharmerFoodhogDined on 10/4/2014Lovely restaurant in the centre of the city. The portuguese appetizer platters were incredible, the octopus and squid were grilled to perfection. The lobster for the main was fine (what can you say about steamed lobster?) The wine list was extensive, the the desserts and the cheese platter with port were memorable. Our server was charming and professional. Not an inexpensive night out, but certainly good for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and serviceClarkDined on 10/4/2014I've written a number of reviews for Adega in the past. For this one, I'd like to focus on service. These days, service is lacking everywhere but once and a while you find a unique place where somehow, they get it right. Never mind the table service (which is wonderful)....it's the level of intuition and personal engagement which makes this place special. One has the sense that there is a real team which is passionate about what they do at this establishment. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent business lunch venue!DinnerDateDined on 10/1/2014Thank you for a very pleasant and quiet spot to meet and enjoy a quality meal that's a bit different from the usual! We enjoyed tasty salads and wonderfully seared scallops to start; my arctic char was perfect, and my guests truly savored their linguine and halibut dishes. The only comment was that the halibut was quite plain, yet undeniably fresh and beautifully presented. Desserts were great as was the coffee! Service was friendly and efficient. Hard to think we had to go back to work :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceKC11VIPDined on 9/24/2014Have come back to Adega's every couple of months and the food and service are consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adega,Seafood as ArtDine4LifeDined on 9/24/2014My brother and I went to Adega for lunch, and had dinner at mid-day. The wine list had Portuguese wines which we were not familiar with. The server brought a white wine that matched well what we asked for. For appetizers, I had a seafood bisque, smooth but not too rich, a mellow and exquisite taste. my brother said his soup, a special the day, was most enjoyable. Our main course consisted of rainbow trout with a mildly tangy salsa and the monkfish special. he found the monkfish moist and tasty , and my trout was simply perfectly done, simple and alive with taste. Over coffee, I was describing with difficulty a visit to Ground Zero. Our waiter, until then quietly efficient, suggested the metaphor I could not find. Ah, food with art.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, service not so greatdymicheleVIPDined on 9/22/2014I came here on a Monday night, hoping for good service and great food. They only had 5 red wines by glass.. the rest were bottle only. I was very disappointed. I am not sure they like catering to solo guests, because I felt ignored for most of my experience. It took a waiter about 10 minutes to bring me water or even get my drink order. I had bread, oil and olives all which were delicious way before I had anything to drink. I had the grilled squid appetizer which was amazing! And for my entree I had the Seafood Risotto. My risotto was slightly under cooked, but it was ok. I had the chocolate mousse togo, and it was also a little disappointing. The service from the waiter was not good. The food runner was very polite and nice though.Special Features:
- Food was great, service suckedsjwgrahamDined on 9/13/2014They did a fantastic job preparing Sea Bream and Tiger Shrimp. Food was tasty and very fresh. The service was terrible though and unexpected from such a nice restaurant.
- Stillexcellent2TravelDined on 9/10/2014Still excellent, great friendly waitstaff including Marko and Andre...superb octopus, superb whole seabass........wine list is mostly Portugese and every wine we have tried there has been great and unbelievably good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menorable dinning experiencefoodforthoughtDined on 9/5/2014If you want to have a special evening that includes " fabulous " food, " outstanding " service then you MUST give " Adega " a try. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fareBillsfanJEMDined on 9/2/2014I dined here with my wife and a friend the other night and it was excellent. Impeccable service, very good wine and exceptional food. I had the grilled octopus as a starter; I think next time I would get it as the main. Delicious. Risottos were enjoyed by a couple of us and the salad was good as well. Overall, great place to go, I'd recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014I really enjoy Adega -- the food, the atmosphere, the staff -- it is a favourite for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemoriesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Having substantial experience over the years with Spanish and Portuguese restaurants and food, it was a wonderful surprise to discover this authentic gem in downtown Toronto.Special Features:
- Terrific Portuguese CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014This was a real find in the hustle and bustle of the downtown Toronto scene. The dining room was elegant and peaceful, and the food absolutely excellent. We all had wonderful dinners---the specialty grouper, the branzino and the Portuguese bouilliabaise were all done exquisitely. Our appetizer courses were all presented beautifully. We enjoyed this place and stumbled on it by accident/looking for a 'fish place', this was also recommended by Trip Advisor, who has never steered us wrong. Go. You'll be glad.Special Features:
- HelenDined on 8/7/2014The service is excellent, the food is delicious. We asked to share our food, the waiter provided extra plate for us, and since we ordered fish stew, they changed our plates again to bowls to enable us to have soup, we were impressed and very satified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of PortugalAllaboutthefoodDined on 8/1/2014Great food, friendly and quick service. It was like being back in PortugalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner spotLouis7441Dined on 7/18/2014The friendly and attentive staff made the entire dining experience a delight. Food was excellent as is their wonderful selection of wines. If you are looking for Portuguese food, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but......DKM1Dined on 7/16/2014Good food, but it has lost its Portuguese character. Service was good. A major error on the part of the server was corrected speedily and with minimal fuss.
- Great Find!PleasantlysatisfiedDined on 7/15/2014I was looking for a convenient business lunch venue and this was a great find! Had a wonderful lunch with a number of great options for the lunch time crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable eveningIshtarDined on 7/12/2014Adega easily gets a five star rating in every category. The food was outstanding. We had the encrusted tuna and the house special seafood stew. It may be the best meal I have ever had. The wine was delightful and the traditional Portuguese dessert, natas heavenly! Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. Next time we are in Toronto, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to impress your date at.vtaxDined on 7/5/2014Food is excellent. You are definitely getting what you paid for, with some extra service and great atmosphere. This not a place to be cheep at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 275 reviews are from the Adega Restaurante reviews archive.
- Food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014The food and service were fantastic. We had the special (Grouper). It was very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visit for lunch or dinnerFussyFeeder47Dined on 6/23/2014For two of us, excellent squid apertiser and seasonal green salad. Folowed by Arctic Char and Octopus as mains, both with a great selectin of veg and scrumptious sorbet for dessert. All washed down with a nice light Pinot Grigio (some of us have to work in the afternoon!). Attentive and quick service, yet we did not feel rushed. We look forward to returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adega in TorontocreeksterDined on 6/17/2014This Portuguese restaurant was a truly great find. It seats about 40, and the food is prepared in true Portuguese style. The yellow fin tuna was prepared perfectly and the octopus appetizer was delicious. The dessert special was Portuguese egg white pudding, and it was very light and tasty! Moderately priced food...we spent $117 USD with drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for FourTheatreGoerDined on 6/13/2014Civilized atmosphere and attentive service complement the food. Grilled sardines, fish stew, octupus and other tasty preparations will please those who enjoy delights of the sea.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adega is always a great night out@TornativeDined on 6/12/2014Thank you Adega for another perfect dinner. My two Finnish friends were impressed with all aspects of the restaurant – from the variety of menu selections, the olives, bread, olive oil, seafood and its creative presentation, as well as warm and professional service. I'll be back soon!Special Features:
- AmazingLucky7Dined on 6/11/2014Food was fantastic. Best seafood I've had in Toronto in a while. Went with two friends and we all loved it. Will definitely return with my familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceAnitabDined on 6/7/2014We brought our friends here and they really enjoyed the bouillabaisse. The food is well prepared and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOOD!!sanb0xDined on 5/31/2014There is so much seafood! I went with two others for dinner and tried a little bit of what everyone ordered. Everything was amazing! The seared scallops are under the salad category on the menu but have no fear, there is very little salad on the plate but there were two huge tasty scallops seared to perfection! The shrimp piri piri was also delicious and not too spicy. We also had grilled squid, grilled octopus, seafood risotto, and the fish stew boulliabaise...all incredibly prepared, giant portions and packed with flavour and seafood! I would go back in a heart beat! We also had the crème caramel for dessert and if you don't know what that is, it doesn't matter...order it and you will LOVE it. All thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic night at AdegaacctcgaszDined on 5/24/2014We booked Adega for our anniversary and we were not disappointed. Service was fantastic, and food was delicious - the olives were replenished as soon as we finished the bowl, Pistachio crusted goat cheese was very very tasty, we also tried pan seared scallops, the fish stew and the octopus for main courses. The waiter recommended a very nice bottle of red that paired well with the food. We felt very special as the chef sent us sample appetizers and deserts in addition to the deserts we ordered - Dark chocolate muss, and Lychee crème Brule. Everything was fantastic, and we would recommend this restaurant to everyone who loves seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceTorontoRBDined on 5/23/2014The food was excellent, as was the service. The wait staff was very attentive and worked as a team to ensure that every need was met. The restaurant was much bigger inside than I expected. Definitely a great experience all around.Special Features:
- consistentNaOClVIPDined on 5/20/2014Always a great meal at Adega. Try the Octopus it's amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavouriteNormVIPDined on 5/16/2014Love the authentic bread & marinated olives. Bisque tasty but needed reduction.Piri Piri shrimp delish, chicken so juicy & flavourful. Lychee brulee with mango sorbet a perfect refreshing end to a lovely meal.
- Delicious!JadeMastersDined on 5/10/2014We were a group of four and requested a booth which we got. Perfect attentiveness and amazing food...loved the scallops, octopus and tuna! Nice beer and wine to complement the meal. If you can...go...you will not be disappointed! Great place before a theatre show...5 minute walk to mirvish theatre.Special Features:
- KingstonDined on 5/3/2014Great for pre-theatre. Appetizer platter (to be shared) was very good. Whole fish was fabulous, bouillabaisse a little disappointing wrt seasonings and fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place to dine!Foodie4LifeVIPDined on 4/5/2014Great service and awesome food. Definitely recommend the lobster and octopus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnertable42Dined on 4/4/2014This is a great spot for a romantic dinner out to celebrate a special occasion. The service was impeccable from the moment we walked in the door. The wine list was extensive. The waiter helped pick out a lovely Portuguese red wine that paired perfectly with the seafood. The special lobster and shrimp with spinach risotto was delicious. The ambience and warm decor make it easy to feel whisked away and enjoy quality time with your spouse.Special Features:
- Grade A ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Elegant dining, great options and fantastic service. A pleasure to have found such a gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time.AdegaLoverDined on 3/28/2014This restaurant is very consistent with food and Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.