33 Elm Street
Toronto, ON M5G 1H1Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.adegarestaurante.ca/
- Phone: 4169774338
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Javier Donan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private room accommodates up to 70 people. The private wine cellar can seat up to 20 people.
- Private Party Contact: Manny Botelho 4169774338
A word from Adega Restaurante
Portuguese-bent cuisine in the true center of downtown Toronto. Featuring fresh fish and seafood such as lobster, tiger shrimp, and octopus. The rustic Mediterranean atmosphere charms everyone. Private dining facilities are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Adega Restaurante - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Adega Restaurante reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (24)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (12)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014I really enjoy Adega -- the food, the atmosphere, the staff -- it is a favourite for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemoriesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Having substantial experience over the years with Spanish and Portuguese restaurants and food, it was a wonderful surprise to discover this authentic gem in downtown Toronto.Special Features:
- Terrific Portuguese CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014This was a real find in the hustle and bustle of the downtown Toronto scene. The dining room was elegant and peaceful, and the food absolutely excellent. We all had wonderful dinners---the specialty grouper, the branzino and the Portuguese bouilliabaise were all done exquisitely. Our appetizer courses were all presented beautifully. We enjoyed this place and stumbled on it by accident/looking for a 'fish place', this was also recommended by Trip Advisor, who has never steered us wrong. Go. You'll be glad.Special Features:
- HelenDined on 8/7/2014The service is excellent, the food is delicious. We asked to share our food, the waiter provided extra plate for us, and since we ordered fish stew, they changed our plates again to bowls to enable us to have soup, we were impressed and very satified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of PortugalAllaboutthefoodDined on 8/1/2014Great food, friendly and quick service. It was like being back in PortugalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner spotLouis7441Dined on 7/18/2014The friendly and attentive staff made the entire dining experience a delight. Food was excellent as is their wonderful selection of wines. If you are looking for Portuguese food, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but......DKM1Dined on 7/16/2014Good food, but it has lost its Portuguese character. Service was good. A major error on the part of the server was corrected speedily and with minimal fuss.
- Great Find!PleasantlysatisfiedDined on 7/15/2014I was looking for a convenient business lunch venue and this was a great find! Had a wonderful lunch with a number of great options for the lunch time crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable eveningIshtarDined on 7/12/2014Adega easily gets a five star rating in every category. The food was outstanding. We had the encrusted tuna and the house special seafood stew. It may be the best meal I have ever had. The wine was delightful and the traditional Portuguese dessert, natas heavenly! Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. Next time we are in Toronto, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to impress your date at.vtaxDined on 7/5/2014Food is excellent. You are definitely getting what you paid for, with some extra service and great atmosphere. This not a place to be cheep at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014The food and service were fantastic. We had the special (Grouper). It was very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visit for lunch or dinnerFussyFeeder47Dined on 6/23/2014For two of us, excellent squid apertiser and seasonal green salad. Folowed by Arctic Char and Octopus as mains, both with a great selectin of veg and scrumptious sorbet for dessert. All washed down with a nice light Pinot Grigio (some of us have to work in the afternoon!). Attentive and quick service, yet we did not feel rushed. We look forward to returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adega in TorontocreeksterDined on 6/17/2014This Portuguese restaurant was a truly great find. It seats about 40, and the food is prepared in true Portuguese style. The yellow fin tuna was prepared perfectly and the octopus appetizer was delicious. The dessert special was Portuguese egg white pudding, and it was very light and tasty! Moderately priced food...we spent $117 USD with drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for FourTheatreGoerDined on 6/13/2014Civilized atmosphere and attentive service complement the food. Grilled sardines, fish stew, octupus and other tasty preparations will please those who enjoy delights of the sea.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adega is always a great night out@TornativeDined on 6/12/2014Thank you Adega for another perfect dinner. My two Finnish friends were impressed with all aspects of the restaurant – from the variety of menu selections, the olives, bread, olive oil, seafood and its creative presentation, as well as warm and professional service. I'll be back soon!Special Features:
- AmazingLucky7Dined on 6/11/2014Food was fantastic. Best seafood I've had in Toronto in a while. Went with two friends and we all loved it. Will definitely return with my familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceAnitabDined on 6/7/2014We brought our friends here and they really enjoyed the bouillabaisse. The food is well prepared and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOOD!!sanb0xDined on 5/31/2014There is so much seafood! I went with two others for dinner and tried a little bit of what everyone ordered. Everything was amazing! The seared scallops are under the salad category on the menu but have no fear, there is very little salad on the plate but there were two huge tasty scallops seared to perfection! The shrimp piri piri was also delicious and not too spicy. We also had grilled squid, grilled octopus, seafood risotto, and the fish stew boulliabaise...all incredibly prepared, giant portions and packed with flavour and seafood! I would go back in a heart beat! We also had the crème caramel for dessert and if you don't know what that is, it doesn't matter...order it and you will LOVE it. All thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic night at AdegaacctcgaszDined on 5/24/2014We booked Adega for our anniversary and we were not disappointed. Service was fantastic, and food was delicious - the olives were replenished as soon as we finished the bowl, Pistachio crusted goat cheese was very very tasty, we also tried pan seared scallops, the fish stew and the octopus for main courses. The waiter recommended a very nice bottle of red that paired well with the food. We felt very special as the chef sent us sample appetizers and deserts in addition to the deserts we ordered - Dark chocolate muss, and Lychee crème Brule. Everything was fantastic, and we would recommend this restaurant to everyone who loves seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceTorontoRBDined on 5/23/2014The food was excellent, as was the service. The wait staff was very attentive and worked as a team to ensure that every need was met. The restaurant was much bigger inside than I expected. Definitely a great experience all around.Special Features:
- consistentNaOClVIPDined on 5/20/2014Always a great meal at Adega. Try the Octopus it's amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavouriteNormVIPDined on 5/16/2014Love the authentic bread & marinated olives. Bisque tasty but needed reduction.Piri Piri shrimp delish, chicken so juicy & flavourful. Lychee brulee with mango sorbet a perfect refreshing end to a lovely meal.
- Delicious!JadeMastersDined on 5/10/2014We were a group of four and requested a booth which we got. Perfect attentiveness and amazing food...loved the scallops, octopus and tuna! Nice beer and wine to complement the meal. If you can...go...you will not be disappointed! Great place before a theatre show...5 minute walk to mirvish theatre.Special Features:
- The following 262 reviews are from the Adega Restaurante reviews archive.
- KingstonDined on 5/3/2014Great for pre-theatre. Appetizer platter (to be shared) was very good. Whole fish was fabulous, bouillabaisse a little disappointing wrt seasonings and fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place to dine!Foodie4LifeVIPDined on 4/5/2014Great service and awesome food. Definitely recommend the lobster and octopus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnertable42Dined on 4/4/2014This is a great spot for a romantic dinner out to celebrate a special occasion. The service was impeccable from the moment we walked in the door. The wine list was extensive. The waiter helped pick out a lovely Portuguese red wine that paired perfectly with the seafood. The special lobster and shrimp with spinach risotto was delicious. The ambience and warm decor make it easy to feel whisked away and enjoy quality time with your spouse.Special Features:
- Grade A ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Elegant dining, great options and fantastic service. A pleasure to have found such a gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time.AdegaLoverDined on 3/28/2014This restaurant is very consistent with food and Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Overall ExperienceKevlineDined on 3/22/2014The service was great, the ambiance was perfect and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- ImpressiveRosslynDined on 3/22/2014Impressive Portugese cuisine....done right and with great service .Special Features:
- An Oasis2pianoguysDined on 3/8/2014For those of you who haven't experienced Adega, don't hesitate to give it a try. From the warm welcome at the door to the moment you've finished this experience, you will enjoy every part of your culinary experience. The menu contains great variety with a special emphasis on seafood. Definately at the top of culinary experiences in Toronto at an affordable price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodKC11VIPDined on 2/26/2014Ordered one of the fish specials. Very well prepared. Will definetly return.Special Features:
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/25/2014Setting was fine and nice but food wise the best part was the bread, oil and olives
- unexpectedly goodStanDined on 2/22/2014Won't go much into detail but we really had a great experience with the restaurant. Environment and atmosphere are just perfect. Probably the first restaurant where tables are distant enough and you don't get to hear the next table's conversation. Food, for me at least, was great. Only thing I wasn't really impressed was the bread. Seemed generic. One piece of advice: seafood is the right choice for that place! Service was attentive and on the level. Can't say anything bad about it. Maybe food took a little longer to get prepared, but we weren't in a rush, and didn't bother me at all. For desert you might wanna try creme caramel.Special Features:
- Great but.....GeeTeeDined on 2/21/2014Food and service was very good. The restaurant is close to the Mirvish theatre. This is the second time this I have eaten since Christmas both times they were sold out of the special, the last time was at 6 PM on a Friday! Why tell us if you only have one left? In fairness the suggested alternative was very good. I will still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu offers a very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014The menu offers a very good selection of entrees at an affordable price. The wait staff are attentive to service and offer knowledgeable choices of wine to accompany the meal. The pre dinner olives and breads is welcomed while deciding on what to order and while awaiting the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Seafood, Great Service !OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014We were warmly greeted and our coats were taken. Though our table was quite close to the two others that flanked ours, we still found the seating cozy and comfortable. The food was fantastic; we both opted for the specials; the lobster--1/2 whole lobster--and prawn risotto ($37.50) and the duck breast ($26.50)---portions are generous and prices are a good value for the quality. The complementary bread and olive basket was replenished even before we had completely finished it and our water glasses were never more than half empty before a waiter would refill them; plus the chef provided each diner with a cod fritter amuse bouch. Service is exceptional but not pretentious. We are looking forward to dining as Adega again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Wedding Anniversarybenny2883Dined on 2/8/2014My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at Adega. It was our first visit, and overall, a great experience. The servers were very attentive. The owner came to our table after dinner and brought us 2 complimentary glasses of port, wishing us a Happy Anniversary. The food was first class and the prices reasonable. We would certainly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent seafoodpetyaDined on 2/6/2014Had great Portuguese style boullaibaisse, others fine lobster and octopus. Very friendly service, easy to talkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. They can use aTeresaVIPDined on 1/28/2014Good food. They can use a little more spice to jazz up what is good quality food, just a little bland. The Cataplana was full of different seafood and fish, nicely cooked, just the broth was a touch bland. Regardless, this is a great spot for a decent meal with quality food and fair prices. It also is as an excellent choice for a pre-theatre dinner if you are attending a show at the Ed Mirvish Theatre.Special Features: