Addie's Thai House
13441 Olive Blvd
Chesterfield, MO 63017Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Addie's Thai House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://addiesthaihouse.com/
- Phone: 3144691660
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Addie's Thai House
Located in Chesterfield plaza at the intersection of Olive Boulevard and Woodsmill Road, Addie's Thai House is a distinctive, full service restaurant that offers authentic Thai cuisine at moderate prices in an elegant setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Addie's Thai House reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)hot spot (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food and service are outstanding, along with such a lovely atmosphere. I loved the ease of making the reservation which took literally seconds on my cell phone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sarah BellumGuyWireDined on 10/10/2014Addie's is tucked away in a strip mall and isn't easily seen from the road. The food is excellent.Special Features:
- Love the food but served too fastRickVIPDined on 9/9/2014We split the dinner for two and had the soup with a coconut broth, dumplings, seafood pad thai and beef with vegetables. We loved everyone of them and had more than enough for dinner and take home bag. May be the best pad thai I have ever had. The beef was super tender on the beef dish. Only issue was that service was too fast. Dumplings came before we finished the soup. Then the main courses came before we finished the dumplings. This not only created a space problem on the table, but it made us feel rushed to eat before food got cold. Will return but ask them to serve more slowly.
- Addie's ThaiHO3BVIPDined on 7/12/2014Yes, the average entree is above the local strip-mall Thai place; but the cuisine and the service is worth it. The dinner for two is a deal; large portions and the excess is automatically wrapped for take-home (so as not to enrage the God of Rice). Great service! Robustly seasoned, so good idea to discuss this with your server if you are afraid of spices and heT!Special Features:
- Tasty Thai at Addie's Thai HouseFoodFan4Dined on 7/12/2014We had an enjoyable dinner and my wife has also gone here for lunch. Very tasty food, generous portions and friendly servers. Good wine and beer choices. You can choose your level of spicy-ness 0 - 5.Special Features:
- thus is a diamond in the roughtigereyes0114Dined on 7/11/2014We went for dinner wanting to try some place new & so glad we did! Food was awesome. It's a small place & not very kid friendly. They were accommodating to our kids. My hopes are they could get a bigger spot & more seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 42 reviews are from the Addie's Thai House reviews archive.
- Good ThaiYumTumDined on 6/8/2014Addie's is a little gem in a strip mall. The spice is very hot, so even the 0 rating in dishes like yellow curry chicken is spicy enough for me. Spice can be added on the side. Our favorite dish is the Tom Ka Gai soup. The large is enough for 4-5 people if you are ordering extra dishes. Otherwise a large soup with a bowl of rice and perhaps an appetizer is enough for two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two big problems...AdventurousDinerDined on 5/23/2014I arrived with my date, and an employee readied our table, by taking two place settings from a table for four, and bringing them to an adjacent table for two. But he dropped a fork en route. And what did he do? He picked up the fallen fork from the floor and placed it right back on our table--I kid you not! We ordered an appetizer and two entrees. It took awhile for the appetizer to come. But when it did, the same employee brought along our two entrees simultaneously, apologizing for bringing all of our food at once. Really?
- Very nice. Happy to find.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2014Very nice. Happy to find. We will return. Have suggested it to folks searching for Thai cuisine.
- A Nice neighborhood offeringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2014The food offerings were very good but spicing was inconsistent. We requested medium spice for the 2 dishes we ordered. One item had no spice and the second was over spiced. I would also recommend reservations, even during the week. By 6P the restaurant was full.Special Features:
- Addies is Worth a VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014It was a busy night when we arrived (Saturday) and the space is somewhat cramped when there is a crowd at the door. Reservations are highly recommended, though the restaurant said that it is better to phone directly rather than through Open Table. Nevertheless the food was excellent, as was the service, and prices not too bad. I would put it on par with the Sen-Thai Asian Bistro downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceHungryVIPDined on 2/15/2014Wonderful Thai food, great selection. Awful service. Nice people, just not managed or competent. 45 minutes elapsed between ordering and when we had to ask, repeatedly, to see our server. Sorry, problem with the order etc. Ok, but check in with us, and by the way, why did the neighboring table get served with in 10 minutes of seating, which occurred 30 minutes after us. Too bad really, the food is great.
- Favorite ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This is my favorite Thai restaurant in STL. I don't give it as high marks on service as it's sometimes hit or miss depending on how busy they are, but the food is always worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualMandyr1201Dined on 2/7/2014Service was great, good was fantastic!! Love this place :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious andSusieDined on 10/12/2013The food was delicious and fresh. Waitress was very willing to help us make a decision. I will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomecno13Dined on 9/28/2013Oh my goodness, we choose this restaraunt for dinner for a couples night out. Everyone absolutely loved there food. If you're considering this restaraunt, my suggestion would be not to even consider it, just go. You will love the place. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Good food but be warned theJJJJx5VIPDined on 9/6/2013Good food but be warned the dishes are spicy hot. I like spicy food but the 3/5 on there spice meter was Almost too hot to handle
- ALWAYS GOOD!BigJarVIPDined on 8/31/2013I basically order the exact same thing every time I go (which is often). The Tom Yum soup and Waterfall Beef are the best. The Siam Beef is excellent too and my son loves the yellow chicken curry. The place is nicely decorated for a "strip mall" kind of place. Very full lately so the word must be spreading.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authenticity!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2013My hub found this place while searching for interesting ethnic restaurants. The food is wonderfully authentic - far better than the Thai food we've had in other large, cosmopolitan US cities. Even the spiciness is authentic - hot is HOT! My one small beef is that some dishes are a bit too sweet, and as I tend not to like sugared food, that bothers me somewhat.. However, as I said, it's a small beef. As far as we're concerned, it's far and away the best Thai food in St. Louis county, and one of the best in the U.S.Special Features:
- Fan-Thai-stic!TimDVIPDined on 6/17/2013Our first real experience with Thai food and we were so happy to find this neighborhood establishment while we were in town. You know a place is good when it's packed by locals at 8pm on a Monday night! Amazing flavors and many delicious options provided on the menu. We had the dinner for 2 so we could sample many different items and we were so pleased. If in STL, you must try Addie's in Chesterfield. SO GOOD & well worth the effort to get there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!BigJarVIPDined on 6/5/2013I love the Tom yum soup and waterfall beef. The pad Thai was over cooked a mushy :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally impressed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2013Totally impressed with the service and food! Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Always always perfection!BigJarVIPDined on 4/11/2013Always always perfection! My order is ALWAYS the same and always good. The only variation is the heat but this is dependant on the peppers. Love this Thai food.Special Features:
- Food was good, enjoyed theSTLFoodieVIPDined on 3/22/2013Food was good, enjoyed the pork dumplings, chicken satay (peanut sauce was declious), and pad thai. nothing remarkable, but good Thai food.
- Food was truly amazing. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2013Food was truly amazing. Very authentic tasting and fresh.Special Features:
- This was my third visit. CannottomDDined on 2/14/2013This was my third visit. Cannot get myself to order anything else. Have had the braised chicken wings for an appitizer. They are perfectly prepared and outstanding. The garlic chicken entree is worth the trip alone. Don't go higher than 3 on the hot scale. It is pretty spicy at 3. I had 4 once, it was a mistake, and I like spicy food. Our friends shared 2 entrees, had soup, appitizers and an excellent dessert. I know they will go back often as well.The check could have come quicker than it did, but the food is special.
- server was nice but did notOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/5/2013server was nice but did not listen to what we ordered and brought out the wrong food. had to wait for a new order. food too hot. their scale of spiciness was 1 - 5 with 5 being the hottest. We ordered a 2 and it was too hot for my husband to eat.
- Terrific Thai food. ConsistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/5/2013Terrific Thai food. Consistently good. A little slow on the service side that night due to an unusually large dinner crowd, but still worth itSpecial Features:
- A little overpriced for thewinegirlDined on 12/8/2012A little overpriced for the amount of food and the fact that the restaurant is in a strip mall in west county. The food and service was good but prices should match.
- Enjoyed This RestaurantRickVIPDined on 11/29/2012Our first time dining at Addie's and we liked it a lot. We had the dinner for two with the spicey soup with chicken, spring rolls with roasted duck and both were excellent. For the main course we had the pad thai and the sauteed pork, both of which we ordered a little too spicey, but still enjoyed. It came with dessert, and we got a custard with a basil flavor. While we liked that, we did not love it. We would return, but order things with a little less spice. We chose a 2 out of 5 for spice and should have gone with a 1.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2012I discovered this restaurant recently and I LOVE it. The food is so good and the portions are big so you can take half your meal to go. I had the tofu basil dish for lunch. It was incredible! If you go for dinner, they have a heat scale from zero to five based on how spicy you want your food. I love spicy food but if it is you do too and it's your first time, start with zero or one for the heat level. Trust me on this! Even the level one is spicy! The dinner menu has a variety of dishes. The lunch menu includes a spring roll and soup with your meal. I will continue to visit this place. It's my new favorite!!!Special Features:
- A great place for Thai. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012A great place for Thai. The portions are large and the food is probably the best in the area (as far as Thai). My only complaint was we went on a seasonally warm Saturday night and the restaurant was very warm. We will be back againSpecial Features:
- Great food; poor serviceSandiacindyDined on 9/16/2012The service could have been better. Apparently only one person was working the tables. Although we were only one of four tables, we waited a very long time for our appetizer. I finally inquired at the front, where the wait person was folding napkins, only to find out that one of the ingredients was missing. Someone had gone to the store for a replacement, but we were not told. We cancelled the appetizer and the restaurant did nothing to make up for it. I ordered the Tom Ka Gai soup, which was delicious. However, the presentation of serving it as a hot pot was overkill. The flame left on after I was served overheated the soup so that it was boiling hot and the broccoli became overcooked. The soup does not need to be served over a flame.
- Great atmosphere and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012Great atmosphere and staff were very nice. Prices were very reasonable and food was delicious. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Opentable google map doesFamilyskitripVIPDined on 6/19/2012Opentable google map does not take you to the restaurant location, frustrating!,,,,Special Features:
- The food was great, hot andtjkjDined on 5/5/2012The food was great, hot and well presented. The servers were like ninja always refilling drinks and clearing away plates.Special Features:
- Again I ordered the salmonOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/29/2012Again I ordered the salmon and it was good but somewhat better the last time. The staff was very nice and seemed well trained.Special Features:
- A Great Find: Food, Decor, ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2012What a pleasant surprise this restaurant is. It's a real gem. Quiet, elegant atmosphere. Very friendly, attentive, and helpful staff. Interesting and flavorful food, prepared and served beautifully. The menu includes the best definition of "levels of heat" choices I've seen. What's not to like? The Duck Summer Rolls appetizer (generous portion of 6 halves) blended veggies and shredded duck in a soft translucent wrapper. Nice alternative to fried. Green Curry with Chicken is one of my standard Thai dishes by which I gauge a restaurant. Addie's was just right: flavor, heat, tender chicken and eggplant pieces. I took the leftovers home for another generous meal. I will definitely return to explore the diverse menu some more.Special Features:
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/7/2012We had a wonderful dinner. He service was really good and the presentation of the food lovely. I had a glass of wine and the serving was very substantial. The food portions were gererous so we got to take home leftovers. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious Thai FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/31/2012This was our first time at Addie's Thai House. We loved the food and our server was wonderful and very knowledgeable. We loved the Tom Kha Gai and the Pad Thai was also delicious. We tried the Waterfall Beef which was good but we'll probably try another dish next time.