4718 Eastern Ave
Baltimore, MD 21224Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.acropolisbaltimore.com/
- Phone: 4106753384
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Avgerinos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Plan your next event or celebration at the Acropolis Restaurant. We off an amazing catering menu with plenty of room to accommodate small and large parties. Choose from two private rooms and let us take care of the rest.
A word from Acropolis Restaurant
The Acropolis Restaurant is conveniently located in downtown Baltimore, next to all major highways. Less than 5 minutes from 95, you will find it is easy to reach. Just look for the blue and white on the corner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acropolis Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (10)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)Show More
- Excellent, as usualRavensfanDined on 8/17/2014We love this place. The Olympian and Flaming Cheese are a must. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Fresh grilled delight!xmo2repDined on 8/10/2014The four "specials" were excellent. Side dishes (especially the green bean in tomato sauce) extraordinary partners. Service by Glenda was quick and cordial; We really enjoyed ourselves in this checker-table clothed no frills "bistro". We will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceeizzil20Dined on 8/2/2014We have been to the Acropolis several times and the food is always wonderful, well priced, and served by very friendly servers. We always enjoy our food and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Always a Good ExperiencemahjonggjudyVIPDined on 7/6/2014We always enjoy ourselves when dining here. The food is tasty and the portions ample. The servers are friendly and helpful. Spinach pie, greek salad, and baby lambchops....what more can you ask for!Special Features:
- Excellent Greek!JazzmineDined on 6/29/2014The food was simply fantastic and our waitress, Lia, was excellent in her attention to us. We had never been to Acropolis before and came because of a LivingSocial voucher. Would definitely come here again!Special Features:
- BonsoVIPDined on 6/22/2014Very good Greek food. Highly recommend it!Waiter very good and knowledgeable. Our go to place for authentic Greek food.
- mahjonggjudyVIPDined on 6/22/2014Always very good food. This time I had stuffed zucchini. It's filled with ground meat and rice with a sauce similar to that used over grape leaves. Delicious! Waitstaff friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014The waiter gave us wonderful suggestions, walking us through the menu based on our preferences. Food was delicious, however the portion size was a bit much. Two people could split one appetizer and one entree and be perfectly filled so maybe reduce the portion sizes a tad.Special Features:
- Great Olympian PlatterRavensfanDined on 6/8/2014We tried this restaurant in Greektown. It was phenomenal, and the food and service were the best we've had in Baltimore. My 21 year old son has claimed this as his favorite restaurant. We already have plans to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 24 reviews are from the Acropolis Restaurant reviews archive.
- Authentic food at reasonable priceseagullsDined on 4/25/2014It was a rainy night, and we were the only, yes only, customers. Not surprisingly, it was quiet, and the service was excellent. More importantly, the food was good too. We started with Saganaki (flaming cheese) and then braised lamb, cooked as a casserole and served with orzo (not ouzo, but a rice-shaped pasta). We are partial to lamb and found it excellent. The portion was huge and so we shared it. The baklava was good (I took one home with me too) but I would prefer to have it made with the honey inside rather than poured over it. Above all, the price was reasonable.Special Features:
- momofjIzDined on 4/20/2014Service was slow, salads when they finally did arrivee were huge, amost a meal in itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Greek food, preparedBonsoVIPDined on 3/23/2014Authentic Greek food, prepared with love. Very good and so wasour waitress. Oly problem was the Open Table reservation on their end. Took about a week and several calls and emails to get the points. Need to work that out if they wish to have folks use Open Table for reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best and most consistentmrshoemakerVIPDined on 2/23/2014The best and most consistent greek restaurant for over 25 years.Owned and operated .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I f you come to town or livemrshoemakerVIPDined on 2/21/2014I f you come to town or live here this is the best and most consistent Greek restaurant.We had the special double stuffed lobster tails. It was amazing .You can try the rest but you will always come back here to the best.It is owner operated,The owners are very friendly.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and friendlyPartyofsixDined on 2/15/2014Acropolis is a little older but a very nice restaurant. The food was incredible. Everything we ordered was delicious! The service was very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, friendly service, good foodMLLMVIPDined on 1/23/2014We are always welcomed so warmly into this Greektown restaurant by the owner. All the servers are professional with a real knowledge of the menu, and aren't hesitant to give recommendations. None of this "everything's good". Beth is especially helpful and sweet. The seafood pasta is excellent, with a large portion of calamari, shrimp and crabmeat. The chicken parm is also very tasty. We really like coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Though the food was very good.REgiDined on 1/11/2014Though the food was very good. The waitress steered us away from sharing the sampler with three people saying it would not sufficiently feed that many. However, when we received it, we wholeheartedly disagreed. There was ample food for three. Also, when it came time to receive our bill (we had 18 people with us) it took the waiter about 25 minutes to calculate everyone's bill. We even grouped our party to 3-4 people on a bill. It was ridiculious having to wait that long to receive our final bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Greek RestaurantFrederickfoodieDined on 1/4/2014This is our favorite Greek restaurant in the Baltimore/DC area. The food is excellent and tastes homemade; portions are generous, and prices are very reasonable. I highly recommend the Lamb Giovetsi, grilled octopus, and stuffed grape leaves. We are serious "foodies" and consider this as one of our top10 favorite restaurants. We drive 50 minutes (one way) and it is worth every minute of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good night of GreekDatenight0122Dined on 11/10/2013Enjoyed a night out with my husband and parents at The Acropolis. We were huge Ikaros fans until their move. We were looking for a new favorite Greek restaurant and this fit the bill. Good service. Excellent food. They even gave a free dessert. Tasty and affordable with big portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST OF THE BEST GREATmrshoemakerVIPDined on 10/19/2013THE BEST OF THE BEST GREAT FOOD GREAT VALUE AND GREAT OWNERSSpecial Features:
- the best valuemrshoemakerVIPDined on 9/24/2013I have been coming here for over 30 years ,It is the best of the best for greek food.Special Features:
- Amazingly Good SeafoodMikeVIPDined on 9/20/2013The grilled whole fish and crabcakes were absolutely delicious, and the price is very reasonable.
- Bad serviceMikeVIPDined on 8/16/2013We had very bad service. They forgets brink napkins, bred and hot water for tea was little warm. Lamb meat was overcooked and it was just bones, almost no meat. We was disappoint.
- Greektown revisitedsushiloveVIPDined on 8/9/2013It had been years since I dined in any of Baltimore's fine Greek establishments and Acropolis did not let me down! Living in the city you're filled with choices of every ethnicity. The decor could use some updating but it still holds with the old-style Greek restaurants that I know and love around Baltimore. It's not trying to be something it isn't...it's a place to enjoy good food, friendly service and leave with a fully stomach. All of which we did. Our food was fast...the dolmathes almost too fast as they arrived before our drink order did! But everything was hot and fresh, including the bread. Baklava is not to be missed if you've got a sweet tooth.Special Features:
- It is as good as it gets!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2013" Acropolis" is not a fancy place, just a Mom and Pop restaurant Family owned and operated with Good AUTHENTIC Greek Cooking. ACROPOLIS portions are generous and freshly prepared, plenty for you to take leftover home. You can't go wrong with that place!! the atmosphere is friendly and homy, Vasiliss our waiter, was attentive to our every need and request, the specific way we like our fish (broiled seasoned to perfection) calamari crispy and with lots of Lemons and the Octopus tender and meaty, AH! and the Crab cakes heavenly! compared to no other. I am really surprised that the place was not full? I definitely recommend this Restaurant for value, cleanness, and a wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in GreektowndocgmVIPDined on 8/3/2013I brought my party to Acropolis because there were a few vegetarians among us and Acropolis has a great selection of vegetarian and non-vegetarian choices. Everything was delicious: from the appetizers to the specialty "flaming cheese" to the moussakas and the Chicken Souvlaki platter. I plan to return on my next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Kids and AdultsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/20132 couples, plus 3 kids. Service was great. Waitress talked us through the menu, specials and made great recommendations for the kids (lots of appetizers). Attentive without being pushy. Food was consistently good. Ambiance not as good as the old Ikaros, but on par with the new one. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Good but skimpyLilannieDined on 5/11/2013We have come here many times before & have loved the food. However this time my husband was very disappointed with the lamb giovetsi. It tasted good but it was a very small amount of lamb. It was mostly bones.I did enjoy my shrimp dish & the salads & spinach pie were delicious as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NO RESERVATIONS, great foodBizlunch49Dined on 4/5/2013NO RESERVATIONS but great food and service. This restaurant was fabulous but does not know about Open Table, has no agreement, even though this site let me make a reservation.Special Features:
- Service and food were great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013Service and food were great! We will be returning!Special Features:
- We got the Olympus samplerJessVIPDined on 2/24/2013We got the Olympus sampler platter for two of us and oh my gosh, it could have fed 5 people. We ended up going home with multiple doggie bags. Everything on the plate was delicious. The real highlight of the meal was our server, Beth. She was so attentive, friendly, and fun. She even thanked US at the end of the meal for being such a pleasure to wait on. The chef/owner also stopped by the table to ask us how we enjoyed everything and that he would love to see us come back. It was so personal and I absolutely loved it!
- Good food in generous portions,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/8/2012Good food in generous portions, friendly service and some nice Greek wines. The Olympia Platter for 2 ( if they have it) has to be one of the better deals around. We have ordered it several times and taken home enough for a huge meal the next day. You can pay to park across the street but if you ride around a couple blocks you can usually find a space.Special Features:
- There were only afew otherRouxVIPDined on 11/10/2012There were only afew other people in the restaraunt. Because it is a large place, I thought is was a little creepy eating in an almost empty place.