210 East Glenn Ave.
Auburn, AL 36830Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://acreauburn.com/
- Phone: (334) 246-3763
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Bancroft
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room that can seat up to 18 people.
A word from Acre
Acre is an upscale, southern restaurant in Auburn Alabama, located just two blocks from the historic Toomer"s Corner. Acre features fresh; local ingredients sourced from their own gardens, and offers their guests true southern hospitality. Chef/Owner David Bancroft has teamed up with Sommelier Josh Nagel and Chef Collin Donnelly to offer guests a diverse culinary experience and comfortable atmosphere that highlights the Auburn community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Acre - Best Restaurants in Auburn ›
Acre reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)fit for foodies (102)neighborhood gem (70)notable wine list (57)romantic (56)hot spot (52)great for lunch (48)good for groups (38)great for brunch (37)great for outdoor dining (25)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)Show More
- Pretty dang goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Really good, however I am someone with pretty basic tastes and would love to see the burger and fry stay on the menu. I thought it was gone then saw the waitress bring out about 3 to another table. The other person I went with loves the food and the eclectic menu howeverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceAaaaDined on 11/14/2014This place had a lot of hype. I'll talk about the food in a moment, but first I'll address the reason for 3 stars: the service. We were clearly just a number at this restaurant. I made a reservation a week in advance. We got to the restaurant and weren't greeted at the door and were barely asked our name by the hostess. THIRTY minutes later we were seated at a table that had been empty for 15, only after I went and asked about the status. During the wait we went to the bar and ordered drinks, again after sitting there for 5 minutes before anyone even spoke to us. The bar was not at all crowded. The Acre Mule was a really good drink. Finally we were seated. The server didn't talk to us much other than taking our order, which seemed to be a theme among the staff there making us feel like just a number. So the food. The jalapeño poppers were very good, almost like hush puppies with a bite. We shared the fried green tomato and shrimp and grits starters. The fried green tomatoes were delicious- the pimento cheese was the best part. We shared those and got our own salads. I got the beet salad which I also enjoyed. Overall, the food was very good, but coupled with the service it was not worth a $100 meal. I'm glad we tried it, but probably won't be going back. I also noticed a lot of Yelp reviews with similar statements.Special Features:
- So close...AUfoodieDined on 11/13/2014When I go somewhere that claims to be fine dining and charges fine dining prices, that's what I expect. What I got was not that. If you are going to charge that much money, the food and experience must be worth it. What I got was what I would have expected from a restaurant that cost around half what I paid. The service was ok, but none of the menu items were explained, no specials given, not even an attempt to recommend a good dish. I actually had to request a dessert menu as I was handed the check. The seating was very odd, we were seated along a cushioned wall far too close to other diners and all facing the same direction. So all conversations had to be whispered. The food was not bad but was severely overpriced. Plating was ok, portions, minuscule. The flavor of the dishes we had (duck and pork chop) were good but very muted. My dish came with garlic risotto, which I couldn't have told you by taste only by the menu. Mine arrived luke warm I assume because my date's took longer to cook. Overall it was a disappointing experience. When I go to dinner and spend north of $100 on a meal for 2, I expect the food and experience to be worth it. Sadly, it was not. Maybe it's because they think they can get away with it in such a small town, but the food, service, and seating all lack the feel of a high quality restaurant. I want Acre to succeed, and most likely they will, but my patronage has been lost until they get their act together.Special Features:
- Authentic southern rusticjoshberry90Dined on 11/11/2014Great dining in the heart of Auburn. High ceilings and open beams. Great glassed-in patio. My wife and I love going here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderulaubsgkDined on 11/10/2014Everything about the dinner was fabulous. I enjoyed getting to spend my evening there! The food was great and the employees were witty and fun to chat with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FamilyDininglove2eatatacreDined on 11/9/2014This will be our 4th visit to Acre. We celebrated graduation and love coming here when were in town .We always try and make reservations first. We even purchased a gift certificate as a thank you gift for a friend that lives in Dadeville and had never heard of the restaurant. She meets with friends weekly for lunch, can't wait for her to try it.Special Features:
- One of Best Meals We've Ever HadTheHillHangoutDined on 11/9/2014My husband and I took our two daughters (ages 12 and 6) to Acre for Sunday brunch. It was one of the best meals we've ever eaten! The ambiance was fabulous as well, and the service polite and impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014This is only my second trip here, being from North Carolina, but I've enjoyed it very much both times! We had excellent service and the food was delicious! And I very highly recommend the pinpmento cheese appetizer! Yum!Special Features:
- YummyitssogoodDined on 11/2/2014Great food-I try and eat there every time I am in Auburn!Special Features:
- Sunday Brunchgilley57Dined on 11/2/2014I went for brunch at Acre after hearing great reviews of the food. I was pleased by decor, very open feeling yet cozy. The servicer was timely, friendly, and knowledgable. The food was wondeful. We particularly enjoyed the fried green tomato appetizer, very unique and light. The dinner menu is very pricy, maybe a special occasion but not on my list of places to go regularly.Special Features:
- Just OK, nothing moreluvfudVIPDined on 11/1/2014Only about three tables with customers in the room where we were seated, and they plopped us right next to the service area in a dark corner. Waitress was pleasant, but not overly knowledgeable about the menu. Had to ask for ice and tea refills. Chicken fried chicken was very good. Poppers were bland at best. Okra was nice. Carnitas burrito was blahhhh. Just a burrito filled with barbeque. Needed some texture (corn, peppers, something). Never asked if we were interested in desert, just brought the check. Really wanted to like it, but not sure it is worth going back. Big decision.Special Features:
- boatbuilderDined on 10/29/2014Beautiful facilities, food was wonderful, chocolate deserts divine. We live in Georgia, but when our travels take us to Auburn, we will dine with you again.Special Features:
- Great nightDoodlekDined on 10/27/2014It was my birthday and made my day very special. The food was EXCELLENT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Game Day in AuburnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We had a group of 6 for lunch before the game. We ate way to much, but it was so good. The service was excellent as well.. Second time there, and will definately be back. Wonderful restaurant in Auburn!Special Features:
- Nice BuildingJBloDined on 10/25/2014The building is very nice, love the design. Overall food just was not impressive. We had a four top, and nothing really stood out. My Brisket Burger was great, fries were just store bought. Not enought gluten free items.. maybe have homemade corn torillas for tacos & gluten free folks.Special Features:
- Perfect lunch spotLOLdineatACREDined on 10/24/2014I live in Montgomery, AL & was hosting our annual family girls' weekend extravaganza. Collectively, we reside in TX, LA, KY, GA & AL. My aunt from LA requested that we visit AU's campus bc she is an LSU fan & has never been on AU's campus. Since I am an AU graduate, I was overjoyed to fulfill this request. ACRE restaurant was the perfect place for our lunch. The atmosphere was lovely, the service was adequate & commendable & the food was exceptional. We were even able to have my niece, who is a graduate & current resident of AU, join us for lunch. The staff @ ACRE was able to quickly fill our last-minute request to add one more chair to our table. We could not have had a more pleasant dining experience; it was truly delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014My only critic would be the table we were at was a little too close to the entrance to the outside area. Lots of traffic in and out. Other than that it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itfoodluverDined on 10/18/2014the whole experience was amazing- the food was quick but delicious and the staff was on top of their responsibilities - will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townDCLL4AUDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I enjoy every aspect of Acre from the changing menu to the service. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, as alwaysSHOJRVIPDined on 10/18/2014We were at Acre for brunch this weekend and everything we had was great. We had the rabbit Brunswick stew, pimento cheese, fried green tomato appetizer, butternut squash salad with salmon, brisket and gravy, and the meat and three (braised elk with butternut squash risotto). Everything was fantastic. The food at Acre is always great, and is very consistent. I have never had a meal at Acre that was unsatisfying.Special Features:
- Friday, Oct 17th visitfoodnerdDined on 10/17/2014I guess you could describe me as a foodie, and Southern food is what I love the best. Currently, I am working on a few restaurant review articles, so I was eager to visit Acre to discover what all the fuss was about. My mother and I tried the fried crab claws, a special for that evening, the fried okra, the filet with sweet potatoes and creamed broccoli, and the carrot cake break pudding. We enjoyed every bite and savored each meticulously made morsel. Our waiter was superb, and he truly took pride in his job. The only negative aspect I experienced was the noise level. It was quite loud throughout the restaurant. Other than that, not one single complaint from this foodie! I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downPhilipDined on 10/17/2014We read about Acre and wanted to eat there since we had never been to Auburn before. The two ladies greeting at the front acted like they didn't want to be there. Our waiter was good and he was from our state so we had good conversation. Unfortunately that's where it ended. I had the strawberry and walnut salad that was very dull and bland. We had appetizers that were good that I forgot to mention. For the main course I had their pork chop that was also extremely bland and dry. Overall very disappointed!!! If this is considered the best in Auburn,let me suggest traveling to Oxford, Mississippi where the food was great!! Touring the SEC.
- Awesome!AuadvisorDined on 10/10/2014Delicious! We had a party of four and licked our plates! We will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Great ExperiencemallardDined on 10/9/2014Took my wife for her 40th birthday. Great food and service from the drinks, starters and entrée. I have been several times before and have not been disappointed with the food.Special Features:
- DisappointingAubbieVIPDined on 10/8/2014I really do try to like Acre but it is so heavy in meat offerings that I find it difficult to enjoy the same salad and hopefully a non meat soup every time I go. The cheese plate was nice and soup was delicious but had it been a meat based soup I would have had to enjoy the same old walnut strawberry salad that I always eat. One good note, the bar area is beautiful and great cocktailsSpecial Features:
- FoodfunDined on 10/8/2014The decor of the place is very cool. When we got there, the restaurant was not very busy but we got sat right next to a couple (tables are super close) even though plenty of other 2 tops were empty. The appetizer of crab claws was not very exciting or very good. The entre of grouper was very good. Cooked perfect with good flavor. Overall it was ok.Special Features:
- Great restaurant needs menu updateOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014Acre started with an ever changing menu, but has stagnated over the past year. Could use some new options.Special Features:
- Date NightWarEagleDined on 9/30/2014Perfect date night dinner spot! Food was fantastic, service was excellent, ambiance was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!CJHSDined on 9/27/2014Best restaurant in Auburn. We regularly drive 45 minutes to dine here. Wonderful atmosphere, outstanding service and delicious locally raised menu items.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/25/2014Have eaten there a few times and always had a great meal and great time. Auburn's best restaurant... but not cheap. Great for special occasions or when not on a budget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnernick57Dined on 9/25/2014Treated my wife to birthday dinner at Acre. Food was outstanding. Service was also outstanding with an attentive, knowledgeable waiter. The background noise was a little loud but not annoying. The noise was people enjoying themselves. We had the Red Snapper which was cooked to perfection. The chocolate dessert was delicious, the coffee was unremarkable.Special Features:
- Oppertunities AboundtomuchtravelVIPDined on 9/24/2014Really close to being very good! Great location, great friendly service, good menu choices...just missed the mark on food prep and taste. (Steak and Duck. The fish selection was great apparently.) Wine list has a lot of room to improve! Overall, for a small college town, it was a good restaurant with potential! Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at AcreMargDined on 9/23/2014Lunch was great and so was the wine loved the Seafood Chowder and Caesar Salad. We had a friendly fun waiter in Tyler. A wonderful idea of local farms. I have been afraid to eat pork for a long time, but would not be at Acre. We are only 3 or so miles from Oakview Farms and get wonderful food there and at the Eat South farms in Montgomery I had the River Region Food Council here for a Garden Club meeting and people had no idea about any of it. A lot of eyes were opened. We had a fun waiter in Tyler. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicioussauceybelleDined on 9/21/2014everything on the menu looked delicious...we each loved what we ordered, and can't wait to go back and try something else! Both items were mouth watering goodSpecial Features:
- AUsome!DelishDined on 9/14/2014Acre provides an outstanding dining experience and is an excellent choice for both food and wine. We've eaten there twice for lunch and have been extremely pleased with service, food and atmosphere. We love that as much as possible, ingredients are local. Wish we lived closer, it would be a 'go to' spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little flatYummytomytummyDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I learned of Acre through a realtor on Lake Martin. He does a weekly top 10 list and highly recommended the restaurant. We decided to dine here for our 15th wedding anniversary. The ambiance was really cool, the food was exceptional and the service was attentive. However, the evening fell flat. Based on my research about the restaurant, it appeared to be fairly unique. However, the waitress did not really give any details about the restaurant or the menu. She kept asking if we had any questions, but we didn't know where to start or what to ask. Also, when I made my reservation on open table, I made a note that it was our 15th wedding anniversary but there was no recognition of it by the restaurant. As I said, flat...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TBirdDined on 9/1/2014Service was great. Waitress knew the menu and it's items. Appetizer, salads were presented well and were quite freshly prepared. We both had fish. Both had a great crust and flaky, moist meat not easy to find in some restaurants. Prices were on par with the quality of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at AcreSHOJRVIPDined on 8/31/2014This was our first time for brunch at Acre. We had the jalapeno poppers which were ok, not great. My wife had the johnny cakes and fried chicken and it was great. I had the carnitas burrito and it was also very good. The one complaint I have, is that I received a second degree burn (I would show the pictures here if I could) from the cast iron serving dish in which my burrito was served. I was not warned that it was hot, and there was no obvious sign that it was hot. I have been served in the same dish before (but never the burrito) and it was never hot, so without any warning, I had no idea. The food was great, but be warned if you order the burrito; the dish is HOT!Special Features:
- Great Brunch! great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014We are so excited that Auburn finally has a top notch place for awesome food and service. Our server, Chris, was incredibly helpful, Knowledgeable, and perfectly attentive during our brunch before Saturday's game. The food was truly delish, and the beverage so tasy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in AuburnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Whether game day or birth day acre has everything. Enjoyed our lunch. Great food. Great atmosphere. Great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.