210 East Glenn Ave.
Auburn, AL 36830Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://acreauburn.com/
- Phone: 3342463763
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Bancroft
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room that can seat up to 18 people.
A word from Acre
Acre is an upscale, southern restaurant in Auburn Alabama, located just two blocks from the historic Toomer"s Corner. Acre features fresh; local ingredients sourced from their own gardens, and offers their guests true southern hospitality. Chef/Owner David Bancroft has teamed up with Sommelier Josh Nagel and Chef Collin Donnelly to offer guests a diverse culinary experience and comfortable atmosphere that highlights the Auburn community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Acre - Best Restaurants in Auburn ›
Acre reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)fit for foodies (101)neighborhood gem (64)romantic (61)notable wine list (57)hot spot (49)good for groups (40)great for lunch (33)great for outdoor dining (24)great for brunch (23)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- A little flatYummytomytummyDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I learned of Acre through a realtor on Lake Martin. He does a weekly top 10 list and highly recommended the restaurant. We decided to dine here for our 15th wedding anniversary. The ambiance was really cool, the food was exceptional and the service was attentive. However, the evening fell flat. Based on my research about the restaurant, it appeared to be fairly unique. However, the waitress did not really give any details about the restaurant or the menu. She kept asking if we had any questions, but we didn't know where to start or what to ask. Also, when I made my reservation on open table, I made a note that it was our 15th wedding anniversary but there was no recognition of it by the restaurant. As I said, flat...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TBirdDined on 9/1/2014Service was great. Waitress knew the menu and it's items. Appetizer, salads were presented well and were quite freshly prepared. We both had fish. Both had a great crust and flaky, moist meat not easy to find in some restaurants. Prices were on par with the quality of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at AcreSHOJRVIPDined on 8/31/2014This was our first time for brunch at Acre. We had the jalapeno poppers which were ok, not great. My wife had the johnny cakes and fried chicken and it was great. I had the carnitas burrito and it was also very good. The one complaint I have, is that I received a second degree burn (I would show the pictures here if I could) from the cast iron serving dish in which my burrito was served. I was not warned that it was hot, and there was no obvious sign that it was hot. I have been served in the same dish before (but never the burrito) and it was never hot, so without any warning, I had no idea. The food was great, but be warned if you order the burrito; the dish is HOT!Special Features:
- Great Brunch! great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014We are so excited that Auburn finally has a top notch place for awesome food and service. Our server, Chris, was incredibly helpful, Knowledgeable, and perfectly attentive during our brunch before Saturday's game. The food was truly delish, and the beverage so tasy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in AuburnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Whether game day or birth day acre has everything. Enjoyed our lunch. Great food. Great atmosphere. Great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Game BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Great brunch before the game. Bloody Mary was excellent. Corn Chowder was delicious. Shrimp and Grits was good, but the Catfish and Grits was fantastic! Excellent service in a beautiful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014Loved the place, will be back... Snapper to die for.. All around great place for dinner...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night at acreAugirlDined on 8/28/2014Service was very good. Of our entrees 2 out of 3 were really good. One just so so. Enjoyed butcher block appetizer. Didn't like dressing on Caesar and there was too much of it . Wine and cocktail were outstanding . Would return . Be careful what order .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must experience when in AuburnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Acre is one of kind and never disappoints. It's Southern cuisine at it's best and the staff is always helpful when trying to choose a dish. From apps to desserts everything is wonderful and has different twists on classic Southern dishes. Make a reservation because sometimes it's hard to get in because it's so popular especially on the weekends or game day. If you have visiting Auburn you must check out this delicious outstanding restaurant.Special Features:
- Special not so specialOccasionalDined on 8/26/2014Loved: the appetizer choices, the entree my guest chose (beef short ribs- amazingly good, with flavorful sides), the fried okra with remoulade, the quality of wine choices at reasonable per/glass prices, variety of desserts, including the sampler Areas for improvement: --The special, seared tuna- nothing special or flavorful about it. The rice with it had carrots & edamame, but no seasoning at all- plain white rice with plain vegetables. For the prices, I expected more intense or creative flavors. --The waitress was extremely attentive, we never went without refills on water, wine, etc. She was overly attentive and interrupted at inopportune times to get her tasks completed. --Parking is incredibly tight for pulling out late at nightSpecial Features:
- Big City Dining in Auburn!ccdostie62Dined on 8/25/2014A great complement for upper end dining in the Loveliest Village on the Plains!Special Features:
- Absolutely outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014One of our favorite fine dining experiences ever. And we fine dine pretty often. Would highly recommend to anyone who's loves wonderfulfood,ambiance and exceptional service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carrot Cake Bread PuddingJAYBDined on 8/23/2014The food was tremendous, service was great without being too involved. Only drawback I had was I wish some of the lunch menu items - burger, fish tacos, etc. - were available for dinner. I plan on going back for lunch just so I can try a couple of those things. Highly recommend Acre to anyone.Special Features:
- A surprising discoveryShalimarDinerDined on 8/16/2014I am an AU grad, attend games there, visit several times a yr with family in the area, and did not know of this restaurant until I saw the Southern Living article featuring it. Traveling to AU to meet family there, I made reservations through Open Table for Sat nite. We started off with creative appetizers (such as grilled octopus with a delectable sauce), then some wonderful fresh salads (the roasted beet was my fave), then progressed on to outstanding entrees of shrimp and grits, butt rubbed grouper, snapper, and cracklin topped steak. The dessert sampler was heavenly. The wine menu, extensive. The whole dining experience was guided by the knowledgeable and attentive staff, and everyone agreed it was a 5 star meal. In Auburn? Who knew?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Table Service EXCELLENTNHVisitorDined on 8/16/2014The food is very good and unique and the table service was great! Waiter was very attentive! We had an earlier reservation and the glass patio was just opening. The hostess was going to seat us in the patio area but the heat hit like a ton of bricks. I stopped and asked to be sat inside and all I was told was "that this was their policy". I am still unsure of what that meant. I mentioned I had reservations for a while and they didn't mention the seating. I believe the manager walked by and made other arrangements for our table. In the meantime a fan was put in the doorway to pull air into that room (afternoons in August can be brutal). Overall, we had a great meal and enjoyed ourselves. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowSbcbDined on 8/16/2014Awesome food, wonderful atmosphere. It's an exciting adventure featuring fresh items. The menu selection is just amazing...so hard to decide, so a return visit it a must. The overall experience was fun and pleasant.Special Features:
- Great place for celebrationManager911Dined on 8/16/2014We had an excellent time at Acre celebrating my daughters entry to pharmacy school. The reservation was for 1:15 pm but we needed to change to an earlier spot and they did so with no hesitation. While the service from the kitchen was a little slower than we thought it should be our waitress was very cordial. There was also a large crowd which was the reason for the delay but the food was well worth our time spent. We will definitely go back to enjoy on another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionPK422Dined on 8/15/2014Only problem was with the reservation process. I made a reservation through Open Table, then had to change to a different night. I called several days later to be sure the first was cancelled. The day before our reservation, I got a phone call to confirm the 2nd reservation which went to voice mail. I called a few minutes later to get through but the phone rang and no one answered. Took several tries to confirm. The next day, same thing happened for the same reservation. The day after eating at Acre, I got an email to confirm my original reservation which I had cancelled through Open Table and again by phone. Again it took several times to get connected and I explained that this reservation had been cancelled several weeks before.Special Features:
- outstanding!AnnaVIPDined on 8/13/2014This was my second visit to Acre. Every bite was delicious. Our waiter gave excellent advice to our questions when asking about the dishes and the wines. I live in Atlanta and have dined here during Auburn visits with my son. Acre is a big reason I would plan to come visit him again!!!Special Features:
- Love itfigurefoodieDined on 8/13/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Auburn! The only reason it didn't get 5 stars this time is that I wasn't the biggest fan of my dish, which in a way is my fault. I don't like fried things and both the grouper was fried and the grits. It was absolutely done well! Every other time I've been to Acre I would have given it a 5.Special Features:
- Not Quite a Five Star EveningMeandMyBrideVIPDined on 8/13/2014Planned our anniversary dinner at Acre. It was our first time there, so I had called ahead to make the staff aware and to notify them of flowers I'd had delivered for our celebration. Once seated we had an unacceptably long wait for our server to appear. After a second and third visit to our table it was clear our flowers would not appear at our table unless I intervened. Once I did and our flowers were on our table, the rest of the evening was delightful. Outstanding food and good service. Unique menu offerings perfectly prepared, and prices are quite reasonable. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Southern Summer SupperAUfoodieDined on 8/9/2014What a wonderful southern summer dining experience! Everything was exceptional starting with the fresh watermelon margarita on to the fried green tomato appetizer with pimento cheese and jumbo lump crab meat, followed by the heirloom tomato salad with okra, peas, and a lemon vinaigrette. For our entree we had the butt-rubbed grouper with a deep-fried grit cake plus trimmings. It was all perfect! We have eaten at Acre many times and it is always good but last night was phenomenal!! We are ready to go back and order the exact same things again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice biteSundayDinerDined on 8/9/2014I had brunch on August 9, 2014. The restaurant is very relaxing and has great ambiance. The menu had many intriguing items so it was a tough decision. Had an usual selection of House Cocktails. I definitely enjoyed and will take friends and family when they visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Upscale Lunch for the $AU95TigerEatsWellDined on 8/8/2014Comfortable relaxed atmosphere with their twist on farmilar dishes. Great food for an unexpected resonable price. The salmon was high quality and well prepared. The Iron Skillet Mojo Pork Burrito was larger and delicious.Special Features:
- Great experience, great food!orthodocDined on 8/7/2014We had a 7:30 reservation. When we arrived we were directed to wait at the bar because our table wasn't quite ready. After just 5 minutes the hostess seated us. No problem. The service was extremely friendly and upbeat and knowledgable. The decor of the restaurant is very comfortable and sophisticated. The wine list was superb. (Only problem is they don't allow you to bring in your own bottle) I ordered the burger, which was a bargain at $13. My wife ordered the snapper. Both dishes were delicious, but my wife and I agreed the burger was outstanding. I think they use duck fat to cook their french fries. The appetizer of fried green tomatos was also great, as was dessert. Will go there again!Special Features:
- Outstanding RestarauntOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014This was our first visit to Acre and it was for our anniversary. The staff was exceptional and the food was amazing. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who KnewRghuntDined on 8/6/2014Had dinner as part of a meeting with a business client. Group of 8 of us. Server and food were amazing. This place was an incredible fund in Auburn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to expectations!FilliseDined on 8/5/2014I've heard great things about Acre and my experience lived up to what I've been hearing, The food and service were outstanding. I didn't order a main course, but opted to order several appetizers because they looked more interesting. The Corn Chowder was excellent and the pear salad was magnificent. This was no ordinary pear salad. Everyone at the table tried some and everyone was blown away by the flavors. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- First visitRSM2507Dined on 8/1/2014Went for my daughter's college graduation and had an amazing time! Dinner was delish, Josh (I think) was delightful, and the restaurant itself was beautiful. The college kids especially loved it since they are too poor to afford it!Special Features:
- Hidden jewel of AuburnWineluverDined on 7/30/2014This place is off the beaten path, kinda small with limited seating so make reservations but an absolute gem of a place. It has an rustic intimate feel with white washed stained walls and their wine selection cubbies full of the wines they offer. The food is eclectic serving game as meats along with traditional beef and fish. Amazingly fresh and five star presentation. You won't be disappointed if you are looking to WOW someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodConcertDined on 7/26/2014Acre is always excellent. We've been there several times and the one thing that really bothers me is that I always feel like they are trying to rush you to order. There is no way to just sit and visit with friends, it's a constant issue to get that order in, and move on. The food is great. The noise level is high on a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedauburnfoodieDined on 7/25/2014We have eaten at Acre on several occasions, but were extremely disappointed last night. The service was borderline rude and extremely slow. I sat and watched our server talking with girls at the bar as we waited on half of our table's desserts and silverware to eat the desserts that had been brought. My red snapper was good, but my husband was disappointed with his steak. I hope this was just a "bad" night, but it might take a while for us to give them another try.
- CelebrationFundinerDined on 7/25/2014My wife and our 2 daughters went to Acre for a trio of celebrations. Birthday for wife, end of the summer semester for first daughter, and completion of surgical rotation for the second. The atmosphere was fun, high energy, the wait staff was very attentive, the food was beyond our expectations. The ribeye steak I had was very, very good and one of the best I have had. Comparable to Frank Stitt's at Bottega in Birmingham, maybe better. We ordered the dessert board, Wow!!! Delicious and more than what we needed, but fun for a time of celebration. Looking forward to the return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodAILADined on 7/25/2014This was hands down the BEST rib-eye we have ever eaten. We literally have never had a comparable steak. We finished our meal with the 'All of the Above' dessert which comprises all 5 of their desserts. The woman at the table next to us exclaimed "Is that thing for real??". Well, yes ma'am, it was and it was AMAZING. We highly recommend Acre and will return every time we visit Auburn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MockerzDined on 7/19/2014We have enjoyed Acre on several occasions and we love everything about it--atmosphere, food, and libations. The carrot-cake bread pudding was AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningLove2visitAuburnDined on 7/19/2014The staff, ambience, delicious southern food were all superb. This restaurant is a wonderful choice for a special evening, or any time you would like to enjoy a fabulous meal in an inviting and unique setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!MeganDined on 7/19/2014Acre was a spectacular restaurant for my husband and I to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The food was awesome (try the brisket, it was delicious) and their drinks tasted great. Their menu changes constantly, but they always have fresh seafood, vegetables, etc. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great restaurantBenwDined on 7/18/2014Great food, great atmosphere and great service. Acre is a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and serviceinevitably2484848Dined on 7/16/2014We have been to Acre several times for lunch and dinner. The food is consistently delicious and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Party of 7, no one's food was not as described on the menu. Everything was extraordinary.Special Features: