5308 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60640Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://acrerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (773) 334-7600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday: 5:00- 11:00 pm Saturday lunch: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Saturday Dinner 5:00 pm- 11:00 pm. Sunday lunch: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm. Dinner: 5:00- 9:30 pm. Brunch: Saturday, Sunday starting at 11:00-3:00.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Lathrop
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact our catering company,Foodlust at www.food-lust.com for any questions.
- Private Party Facilities: Our intimate back room is available for parties of 25-35, and our main dining room can seat up to 100 at buy out prices.
- Private Party Contact: Marty Fosse 7733347600x
A word from Acre Restaurant
From the owners of Anteprima. Celebrating the diversity of American cuisine, our seasonal menu appeals to a variety of tastes and has three categories- each with meat, fish and vegetarian options, ideal for selecting dishes to share or creating a multi-course meal. Artisanal beers, food- friendly global wine list, craft spirits and original cocktails. Reservations are taken brunch and dinner daily. Acre is now doing a three course, fixed price menu Sunday through Thursday for 29.00. Choose from our regular menu any appetizer, entree and dessert of your choice, all night long. Come try our new raw bar, featuring $1.50 oysters all night long.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acre Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (15)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (7)special occasion (7)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We had a birthday brunch here and it was lovely. Mimosas are great as well as the food and service. Menu changes weekly. Great for date night, special occasions and brunch. I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurant/barFoodVIPDined on 11/20/2014Great oysters!! Relaxing vibe. A nice number of items you can share. Mac n cheese was great. Potato piero goes were great. Charcuterie board also nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IdoggieDined on 11/1/2014The restaurant feels warm and friendly as soon as you walk in the door. Our server recommended shrimp and grits and we had to try the fried cheese curds for appetizers and he was spot on - they were both great. There was also a nice selection of salads and entrees-Had the Amish Chicken- which is usually too common for me to order but it was absolutely delicious and the leftovers were just as good the next day. No one had room for dessert. Highly recommended!! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for oysters.HonestcriticDined on 10/21/2014Oysters were amazing so was almost everything else we ordered, but I wouldn't order the mussels again. They were extremely fishy tasting when I had them and I normally love mussels. Overall I really like this place and is great for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar food plusLuv2eatDined on 10/19/2014Good food in nice old bar. Some unusual combos make it shine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service - food just averagejochanDined on 10/18/2014Ambiance is a little dark for a brunch date. Unless you get a booth it can seem a little uncomfortable. The menu is okay and the food just average but Nick the server is so much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Food, Good ServiceZevNVDined on 10/16/2014We went here for my fiancé's birthday. It's been a pretty exhausting few months, so we wanted somewhere low-key and friendly with good food, and this was exactly what we were looking for. Food is indulgent and delicious, creative without feeling ostentatious, and the service was very friendly. Definitely somewhere I'd go back to.Special Features:
- Perfect Date NightJAO1Dined on 10/10/2014great ambiance and good food. My wife and I shared the cheese curds (who doesn't like fries cheese?) and the butternut squash soup - both delicious. I ordered the flank steak entree and enjoyed it, although portion size was small for the price. Plenty of items to choose from. We will definitely be back to try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatdenisedivDined on 9/12/2014Have been wanting to try this restaurant for awhile. Service was ok. He wasn't very personable. Fried cheese curds were great. Entrée portions was small for price.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gemCSDinesVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great food, great craft beer selection. Excellent service. Get a booth if you can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 300 reviews are from the Acre Restaurant reviews archive.
- A Gem!DentDDined on 7/25/2014We loved our dinner at Acre. Service was expert and very friendly. Our waiter made some great recommendations on oysters. A great bottle of chardonnay at a good price point. The fried cheese curds are addictive, and may cause you to go to confession - they are so good! And a new oyster find for us: Naked Cowboys. Creamy, briny beauties served with traditional condiments. We will be back often!Special Features:
- YUM!jennyhDined on 7/19/2014The food here was amazing! Our waiter and the bar staff were alot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehChicagoShortyDined on 7/4/2014The server was good but the food was not. I ordered a steak, my date ordered a burger. The meat was prepared backward - my steak was cooked as he ordered his burger and vice versa. My steak was tiny - not a full meal - and it was served with fingerling potatoes and snap peas - only 3 of each. The bun on his burger was stale and the meat was overlooked so he ordered something different which was also terrible - tacos in dry, rubbery tortillas. The oysters were great and I enjoyed my wine, my date enjoyed his beer. Would have been great had we gone for a drink and oysters, but we spent $80 and ended up having to eat again. So what if we went on a holiday - if they can't order/serve fresh food then they should not open the doors.
- great food and serviceeatalotDined on 7/1/2014We had tickets for the Aragon and just picked this restaurant randomly as its about 1 mile away. What a great find! The selection of food was amazing! We had Bison heart as an appetizer and it tasted like steak! The burgers and salmon were bursting with amazing flavors, not fishy! Charlie our server gave honest recommendations and was right on target! He also was very personable and attentive. The only negative was the desserts. The tiramisu was like bread pudding, the lemon cake was very dense. The only dessert I would recommend was the strawberry with ice cream.Special Features:
- Interesting brunch optionswhere2nowDined on 6/29/2014We returned to Acre to specifically celebrate our daughter's birthday. Unfortunately they had stopped their bottomless mimosas and did not note that anywhere on the website. Our waiter said it was related to a state law and even though we could appreciate that, it would have been nice to have known of the change prior to arriving. The food was delicious and the service was attentive. They even have a wonderful brunch bucks program that rewards diners with $20 for future use within the following month if they spend $100; easy to do with appetizers, entrees and drinks for four people. Looking forward to returning to use the certificate and hope that they will have salmon back on that week's menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Ok ServiceLizz1212VIPDined on 6/20/2014I really enjoyed Acre. I heard that they had oyster specials so that's why we went. The food here was fantastic and the server was super nice and friendly however we didn't see him that much. I don't know if it's cause we sat outside, but there were a couple of times we wanted a refill on drinks and water and it took awhile. Having said that though, everything we ate was fantastic. Great place for sharing small plates before a night out.Special Features:
- Good not memorableAllenDined on 6/14/2014Solid restaurant just not one of the great ones that you can usually find hidden in and around Chicago. Nothing negative to say. Just not great.
- Good foot, good service, nice atmoAnotherLocalFoodieDined on 6/13/2014We were seated toward the back of the bar in an open area. A booth would have been my preference but the table was sufficient. I was surprised that we didn't get a lot of crossing wait-staff traffic out there in the middle. The food, the beer, and the cocktails were all very good. Everything came out in a timely fashion, maybe a little too fast. Be that as it may, we were each finished with our current plate when the next one showed up so it was fine.Special Features:
- As advertisedJeffortlessDined on 6/6/2014Acre was exactly as advertised: a sort of dark wood, muted lighting kind of 'more bar than restaurant' place. There were five in my party and we were seated at a high top table in the center of the room. Food was good; burgers obviously well-cared for with a nice presentation. Fries were tasty although I generally prefer my fries hot. Dinner for 5 (5 burgers and a salad; no liquor or coffee came to $75. Might be more enjoyable later in the evening.Special Features:
- cant go wrong with acre...cerealberryDined on 5/31/2014With an amazing craft beer and wine list, along with an ever changing creative menu and $1.25 oysters, you can't go wrong with acre. Love stopping in with a group of friends or date night to have a flight sampler of beer and share small plates. Food is tremendous and service is friendly and knowledgeable. It's a neighborhood mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Oysters, Beers and MoreKennyDined on 5/31/2014I go here for the excellent oysters (frequent $1.25 per oyster specials) and the wide variety of beers on tap, but the rest of the menu is excellent as well. Deviled eggs with trout on top, and mussels are particular faves.Special Features:
- Great service,great mealcb50Dined on 5/31/2014Our waiter steered us to some good beers, even changed out the beer I ordered and didn't like, thanks! Crispy crab cake app was tasty as was my main dish the trout. Oyster sampler was yummy (or so said the oyster fan in our group). We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- What a Find!ChristyViewpointVIPDined on 5/30/2014This neighborhood gem has all the points for a restaurant that you will want to visit again and again! The service was friendly, relaxed and very competent. The place is full of people who know what they are doing and they do it well. The food is fresh, unique and very accessible. Love a restaurant that uses fresh quality ingredients. The small dishes are delightful. The smelt, beet salad, salmon, chicken livers were all perfectly executed and served at their peak time. Like a world class orchestra- the timing of service was impeccable. Bravo. We will be back again and again. In a world of mediocre or over reaching restaurants, Acres rises above the fray.Special Features:
- Memorial DayMemorabledayDined on 5/25/2014The oysters were great along with all the food. Wish there had been dessert. Quiet enough to converse. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deeelicious!!!soinlovewithfoodDined on 5/23/2014Great evening and spectacular service! Our waiter Charles was outstanding, and he did a great job helping us choose some wonderful wines!Special Features:
- Great food! Great ambiance.veggiechicagoVIPDined on 5/18/2014Love this place. Except for the rude waiter we got stuck with again, Charles, everything was great.
- Must have been an off dayUptownJacqDined on 5/18/2014We had reservations for 6 and our table was ready. Then it was downhill from there. For no fault oh his own I'm sure, our server had tables outside in the front if the restaurant and we were in the back. 5 of us got our beverages which included lovely beer flights, but the 6th was forgotten. Appetizer was served but we had to ask for plates. (Smelt was good I'm told). I knew there would be few vegan options which left me with a nice beet salad minus the cheese. The fish tacos I'm told were dry and lifeless, looking like no tacos I've seen before. Our friends were in town for a meeting and we wanted to show off Aville's fine food. This wasn't it. Bring back Charlie's Ale House. It was a zillion times better in food and drink
- MehMerpDined on 5/18/2014Underwhelmed. Menu reads beautifully, but nothing was executed particularly well. Over easy eggs had hard yolks. Frittata was almost as flat as a crepe. Flavors were harsh and didn't combine well. Service was slow and prices were a little high. Better things in the neighborhood for brunch.Special Features:
- Service & the food get 3 thumbs up!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2014I want to start by saying that we had a table of twenty, energetic and vibrant patrons and our lovely server kept calm and collected -- he remained ever attentive, even as the brunch crowd grew. The food was also lovely. It was an all around great experience.Special Features:
- Great fun & food!KywineloverVIPDined on 4/24/2014We wanted a place for after work celebration and found ACRE to be perfect! The server was attentive & helpful - our party of six found their meals to be delicious. We all ordered from the pre fixe menu which actually had a very nice selection of options. Can't wait to take my foodie family there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter DisappointmentTryNewFoodsDined on 4/20/2014We booked reservations for Easter Sunday. We couldn't even get in until later in afternoon. We tried this restaurant cause they advertised Brunch. Instead they had menu items that barely tied into the breakfast side of brunch. No scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, etc. etc.Special Features:
- Decent food, poor serviceAdamY82Dined on 4/20/2014Pros: Delicious gravy. Awesome light-tasting batter for fried chicken. Great ambiance. Cons: Very poor service. The server did not greet us within five minutes of being seated. It took another five minutes to take our drink order. We only saw our waiter twice after we placed our order. I ordered scrambled eggs with biscuits and gravy, and the kitchen brought out sunny-side up eggs. The biscuits were chewy and stale-tasting. My wife's fried chicken was overcooked and very dry. Consensus: There are too many restaurants in Andersonville that provide excellent customer service to come back here. The food was mediocre, and the service was very poor.
- Great birthday dinner.PkrumpzDined on 4/7/2014Had a nice Monday dinner here to celebrate my birthday. Great deal on three courts fixed price menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative optionsWindyCityLoVIPDined on 3/30/2014we had a lovely sunday evening meal here - terrific variety of fresh, creative food - beautifully presented. extensive beer list (draught), too - but we were disappointed to find we were paying $7-10 for a beer and it was rather small vs. a pint. not the worst thing in the world, of course, but it was a bit of a "really"?? nice place for a group gathering but it was NOISY! we'll go again because the food was very yummy!Special Features:
- PERFECT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014All four of us were extremely please with our experience at ACRE. We ordered small plates and each one was wonderfully different and skillfully prepared. Our server was friendly, unobtrusive and not in the least pretentious, as so many are today! He didn't try to upsell us either which was a welcome relief. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Regular CustomerSecondVisitDined on 3/15/2014This was the fourth time I have dined here in the past six months and this time I brought two other couples to join us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great oysters, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2014Acre has a great oyster selection and decent food and beverage menu. We sampled the oysters and ordered a few small plates which were well thought out and tasty. Seating is cramped and the noise level is loud so this is a great place for groups or a couple of friends but probably not for people looking for intimate conversation. Service was good. Be prepared to search for parking on weekends as that can be a bit hard to find on a Friday or Saturday night. Overall a very good experience. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointing.DeepfriedpicklesVIPDined on 2/15/2014The menu is interesting and intriguing although the items we tried fell short of our expectations. We tried a variety of the small plates and although nothing was wrong with them they were all very average. Although I made a reservation 3 week ahead we were given a table squeezed between 2 other tables literally an inch or two apart. It was as though we were eating with those two other tables. The service was fine but for the most part absent. I expected more.
- Good food. Portions rangeAhmedDined on 2/14/2014Good food. Portions range from "OK" to "WOW, big!" The Oyster selection is fantastic. Service is also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!shelman88VIPDined on 2/14/2014More than impressed with Acre! Food was great, service was better and the location (Andersonville) is awesome!Special Features: