115 Elm Street
Westfield, NJ 07090Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.acquaviva-dellefonti.com/
- Phone: 9083010700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, International
- Executive Chef: Jesus Cruz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Acquaviva
Our seasonaly oriented new American cuisine is highlighted by fresh , local, ingredients. We offer a variety of distinct dining experiences throughout the various areas of our restaurant. If weather permits, dining Al Fresco on our brick patio is an opportunity not to be missedContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acquaviva reviews from OpenTable diners
- YumjbhazeVIPDined on 12/7/2013Picked this restaurant at random because of the location. We were so pleasantly surprised the second we stepped foot inside. A beautiful, quaint restaurant that had a bar. The menu had so many choices that I couldn't decide what to eat. Everything we ordered was delicious! We will definitely come back again!Special Features:
- Unbearably LoudSandyWDined on 11/30/2013Unfortunately, this restaurant has seen better days. The acoustics in the main part of the restaurant made it so loud that it made it almost impossible to have a conversation. The food was fair to good but not worth the intolerable sound level. Sadly, I will not be returning to this once gem in the neighborhood.
- The food was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2013The food was excellent. The noise ws atypical because a large group of vibrant young women were seated next to us. Not ordinarily the case. Place busy, so service not up to customary level.Special Features:
- It could be more peacefulPaoloDined on 11/16/2013The old bank redo is charming. Definitely great food and friendly service. The acoustics are just awful. Sound dampening is needed on the walls and ceiling at the very least. We will be back, no matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013This place has a great atmosphere, the service was impeccable, and the good was just delicious. Great place for anniversaries and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was excellent and theTheBigGuyVIPDined on 11/8/2013Dinner was excellent and the service was fine. Wine selections , however, are only mediocre, and by-the-glass- choices should be upgraded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedFoodieGirlDined on 10/26/2013The menu looked really good, but in execution, it was only okay, and it was pricey. Nice atmosphere (tableclothes, nice decor), but not worth the $$$. I have a digestive issue, so I asked for carrots to be cooked very well (I asked for "almost to mush"), and they were barely sautéd. When I mentioned it, they were gracious, and said it would take 15 minutes to prepare more carrots, so they offered a substitution (asparagus). By the time they brought out the vegetable, we had finished our meal. They did wrap it up for me, though.Special Features:
- food is always above averageDeliaDined on 10/19/2013I've bee here a number of times over the last 10 years and the food is always excellent. One caveat is the portion size in the past few years has reduced considerably. :(Special Features:
- Enjoyable and well pricedRubyDined on 10/15/2013We went during the restaurant week special and had the $20 three course meal. Was v tasty and not rushed. Only issue was the pricing of wine at 3x that you pay for retail. Seems a bit steepSpecial Features:
- Delicious/romantic.Westfield007Dined on 10/11/2013Great service. Food was delicious. Patient staff. We have a 3 year old which can make dinning out difficult at times. The staff was very accommodating and peaceful. Food presentation was high class. Portions at first seem small, but did the job filling us up. Great house wines. Nice looking bar professional guests. Far from a dive this us upperclass place but dress attire is casual. Would recommend this place for a great date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy in the front room.avkatDined on 10/10/2013Very noisy in the front room. Back room was fairly empty, so noise level there was OK while we were there. The short ribs were very good, but a little pricey at $26. Service was unremarkable.
- Poor impressionMajqueen53Dined on 10/10/2013Went for lunch during restaurant week. Food was horrible. Crab cakes filled with bread and little crab, chicken Milanese made with frozen cutlet. Come on Acquaviva, is this what you serve to impress new customers? We won't be going back.
- Would ReturnDelicious4meDined on 10/9/2013I was very pleased with everything the entire evening. I knew I made a good choice when I chose this restaurant. Will definitely return in the future,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely SpotOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 10/2/2013I had a great meal at Acquaviva. The restaurant itself has a cozy and welcoming atmosphere and all the staff members were personable, professional and appropriately attentive. The food was beautifully plated and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to Acquaviva for restaurantJERSEYGIRLDined on 9/30/2013Went to Acquaviva for restaurant week and it was superb!We will DEFINITELY go back long before restaurant week comes round again. The food is farm-to-table, all made on the premises. That made for the best buffalo mozzarella this side of Italy. Dishes were presented well, well-sized and scrumptious. Mediterranean meatballs were quite good but beware - they are quite spicy. We shared the lemon sole and the grilled salmon - both delectable. Nothing missed a beat here. Service was attentive without hovering. Great meal! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We selected Aquaviva to takePartyofForDined on 9/21/2013We selected Aquaviva to take advantage of the end of summer good weather. It is BYOB outdoors on the patio and despite the pedestrian and side street traffic it was a pleasant dining experience. Our party of six all enjoyed their meals and remarked it was a good value considering the local options. Parking was very convenient. After dinner we took a short stroll around the downtown Westfield area; did some window shopping and picked up a gelato for dessert on Quimby Street.Special Features:
- The food was just okay, nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/18/2013The food was just okay, nothing special, nothing terrible. It's overpriced for what it is.Special Features:
- First TimeGeorgeDined on 9/13/2013Was given a gift card so we gave it a shot. The food and service were well worth the cost. I had the scallops and gnocchi appetizer followed by the short rib dinner while my wife had the beet salad and the seafood risotto. Both meals were fantastic, the desert menu looked nice but we skipped it, we were full. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- ehOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2013First time i went here food was great... this last time food was meh.
- great food, nice atmosphere.eabmDined on 8/16/2013great food, nice atmosphere. dined outside. service initially slow but picked up to a normal pace. will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013Great food and service. Absolutely loved the outdoor patio! Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2013This used to be such a great place...not sure what happened..all four meals were uneatable. Risotto was like mush. Salmon overdone and tough, not even sure it was salmon. Crab cakes were all filler and ravioli's were pasty and barely had any filler. Not sure if it's new owners or not but I won't be going back and it's a shame. Martini was watered down and had an onion in it that I think was older than me.
- Bad nightNicoleDined on 7/27/2013My husband and I have dined here several times and always had a wonderful time. This past weekend we came here with our extended family and the service, food and general attitude of staff was terrible. We had no assigned server, our appetizers and food came out as if they had been under headlamps for quite awhile after a long wait. We could not get a drink order refilled and when we finally did get someones attention they were rude. all in all It was a terrible night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightWestifieldDinningDined on 7/20/2013Took my wife here for Date night, and had a wonderful time. The place has a NYC feel, but none of the hassle. Food came out perfectly done, and the staff made you feel very welcome but gave you nice distance and privacy. I will go back and recommend to all to go enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo Acquaviva!MSomersVIPDined on 7/20/2013My boyfriend and I were recently given a gift certificate to Acquaviva. We don't live in the area and made the trip over to Westfield to give the place a shot. We were both pleasantly surprised. The food was all delicious and fresh. The service was just as notable. The food/wine/dessert recommedations we received from the staff were all fantastic. It may be a little out of our way but, we will definitely be back for seconds at Acquaviva!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionMrValencia1Dined on 6/30/2013The restaurant cared for not only us as customers, but as people. They treated the anniversary dinner I had reserved with respect and kindness. The service even though it was not a busy day, was still exellent. I have not and will not mention the food because of it were me I would want to rob anyone of the great experiance of AquavivaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was tasty, but service sloppySPSarahDined on 6/22/2013My husband and I recently ate at Acquaviva for an anniversary dinner. First, let me comment that in honor of our special occasion, the restaurant gave us a free dessert drink; that was very sweet of them. Overall, we were happy with the quality of the food. There was a nice selection of choices, and the end result was tasty. We were less thrilled with the service, which was sloppy overall. Nothing egregious, but we just spent more time waiting than we would have liked. The staff also tended to bang things down (e.g., the butter for the bread, the silverware).Special Features:
- worst food everOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/4/2013nothing interesting nor tasty amongst the six different appetizers ordered. will not return.
- This restaurant is very inconsistenSparkieVIPDined on 5/25/2013This restaurant is very inconsistent. You cannot rely on a decent experience at all. They are sure they are an. 11 out of ten in every way.Special Features:
- Very good food in comfortableXXBYOsDined on 5/18/2013Very good food in comfortable setting. We love sitting in the outdoor garden but it was a bit wet and chilly out on our last visit. Looking forward to summer evenings outside.Special Features:
- Have been here before andHere4uVIPDined on 5/12/2013Have been here before and it was much better. I guess because it was Mother's Day the service and food were off.Special Features:
- I love it! I had a great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013I love it! I had a great time. I had my wedding reception here and my daughter baptism party too and the service is always outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Foie Gras!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2013We arrived and were seated promptly. The food was good and came out on time, the waiter was attentive and gave nice suggestions. The dinning room is painted with restoration hardware colors and is decorated tastefully. I would definilty go back for the foie gras, the presentation and taste were perfection.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant w/anOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013Excellent restaurant w/an exciting menu. Very nice service all around. The only bad thing is that it is incredibly noisy. Hard wood and nothing soft along the walls to absorb sounds. Could hear every fork in the place hit the plates. This can never be a top-notch restaurant until that problem is corrected. But don't let that stop you from dining here. It's worth it.Special Features:
- Combination of superior foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Combination of superior food and service made for for any extremely enjoyable dining experience. I would recommend to all I know as a great spot.Special Features:
- My date and I were treatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013My date and I were treated like royalty. We were very well attended to and offered an entree, appetizer size complimentary. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was very romantic. We were originally seated in the main dining area but then were moved to a secluded spot where they dimmed the lights and it was like we were the only ones in the restaurant. The assistant manager was very knowledgable about the wine list and the alternate we were offered from our selection was spot on. Our overall experience was definitely outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice place, surprisingly quietNotHappyVIPDined on 3/22/2013Nice place, surprisingly quiet for a Friday night. Staff was friendly. Tre Mare & Handmade Ravioli were very good dishes. Overall food and service was good but nothing extraordinary. A very, very nice restaurant ....Special Features:
- Okay...not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/8/2013The food was actually very good but the décor and ambiance leave much to be desired. Salmon was very good but I’d be shocked if it was anything but farm raised. Service was pretty good as well.
- This restaurant has more potentialJERSEYGIRLDined on 2/25/2013This restaurant has more potential than actual value. The kitchen is solid - very good food, well-presented with fresh ingredients. The problem is the ambience is ho-hum and the service was okay but rushed. There was no time between courses. At these prices, I like to have the option of savoring my meal. The restaurant was empty on a recent Monday night (only one other table in the place) and although we were rushed through our food, they didn't mind us lingering over coffee. I would have preferred lingering over the food.
- Very Good Food and Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013Very Good Food and Service. Could do without the piped in musicSpecial Features: