ACQUA - White Bear Lake
4453 Lake Ave South
White Bear Lake, MN 55110Neighborhood:
White Bear Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
ACQUA - White Bear Lake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.acquawbl.com/
- Phone: 6514077317x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm. Closed Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Whalen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call us for private off-site events.
- Private Party Facilities: We have three rooms, each available for private and semi-private dining of up to 30 guests with great views of White Bear Lake. Our newly remodeled upstairs private dining room seats 20 and features a fireplace as well as a view over the lake.
- Private Party Contact: Daron Close 6514077317x
A word from ACQUA - White Bear Lake
Acqua is comfortably located on the Western shore of White Bear Lake and offers seating in four relaxed dining rooms, two sheltered decks overlooking the marina, a spacious lakeside patio and cozy bar. The menu is Italian driven and Acqua Restaurant always strives to source out the highest quality local ingredients. The restaurant focuses on maintaining a warm, clean and comfortable atmosphere while offering knowledgeable and attentive service that cares.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
ACQUA - White Bear Lake - Best Restaurants in White Bear Lake ›
ACQUA - White Bear Lake reviews from OpenTable diners
254 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (197)scenic view (196)special occasion (192)fit for foodies (173)neighborhood gem (160)romantic (147)notable wine list (83)good for groups (27)hot spot (26)late-night find (23)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014First time at Acqua with friends that live in the area. Was really impressed with the service, and the food was fantastic. Everyone really enjoyed their meals and dessert. The craft cocktails were fun too. Appreciate the complementary valet, especially with all the construction and parking issues right now.Special Features:
- Nice placeLucyDined on 9/19/2014Feels like a renovated house that you are in, probably was. Small menu, but had good choices. Would go back. This place is not for kids. Did get really noisy.Special Features:
- Always ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014I take business colleagues here often and for dinner with friends/family. It's always consistent and the $40 tasting menu and options/portions is a nice value. Take advantage of the deck or patin seating during this beautiful fall weather ... don't close it yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulicioustimetodineDined on 9/11/2014ALWAYS remarkable. Hoppin' on a Thursday night; great cocktails; exquisite lobster tail and osso bucco. Great view of late summer moon over the lake and marina. Personable staff. Another home run!Special Features:
- Outstanding foodJupiterDined on 9/11/2014Food was fabulous. Outstanding service / incredibly attentive staff. This is a type of restaurant one expects to find in downtown MPLS or Chicago, not White Bear Lake, MN. Definitely a gem in the suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday/AnniversaryCathyDined on 9/9/2014Celebrating my birthday and 36th wedding anniversary. We both had the walleye and it was delicious. And the butterscotch dessert was wonderful. Service was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveSteveDined on 9/7/2014Outstanding as always. Great service and great food. Our server Melanie is always cheerful, even though we had some guests at our table that were coming and going. My rib eye was awesome. And superb martinis!Special Features:
- Upscale dining, relaxed atmosphereJaqeCDined on 9/7/2014The food was flavorful and nicely presented. We loved the Caramel Budino for dessert ! Our dining experience made our anniversary really special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!IMGirlVIPDined on 9/6/2014We are long time patrons of Acqua - White Bear Lake and can't say enough about the food, staff, and ambiance. We decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather on Saturday and dine lakeside. Our server, Jessie, was enthusiastic yet unfailingly polite and demonstrated a thorough knowledge of the menu. Decided to try the new shrimp appetizer and it was outstanding. White wine, garlic, and just the right amount of cayenne to give it a little kick. Also enjoyed the cheese plate which is always a delight. When told that there was a 5-6 oz. lobster tail as an add-on, we decided to share a tenderloin and the lobster tail for dinner. The onions and wine reduction on the steak made our mouths water. Finished with the smore dessert! YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Delicious food and great service! Fun for special occasions! Nice view of white bear lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ImpressedwannabfoodieDined on 9/5/2014We'd heard nothing but great things about Acqua and we were not let down. The service was top notch, everyone was very polite and knowledgable about the menu. The food and drinks were delicious!! It was a little chilly so we opted to sit inside but were seated upstairs and still had a great view of the lake. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- First timeKruzerDined on 9/2/2014I had never been, but heard excellent things from other people. they were correct. We were lucky enough to eat outside on a perfect evening. food was wonderful, service was excellent Can't wait to go back I love that it was an old house. Much cozierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rave Reviews!IllyDined on 9/2/2014Darrin & Nicole as the owners truly know what they are doing from the incredible menu items they serve, the staff the have, the special touches they offer! I've gone to Aqua for over 7 years and brought guests there and am never disappointed! Nicole makes the best Long Island iced tea with fresh juice in it. Their food will leave you craving it until the next time you go. Bravo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening at AquaMLandDADined on 8/27/2014We celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary by having dinner at Aqua in White Bear Lake, and the experience was excellent!! We requested to be inside and upstairs. Our table was perfect and with the sound of live music coming from Tally's Dockside, we enjoyed our dinner & wine (bottle of Malbec which was very nice!) and the excellent service. Thank you for the wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Dining SpotWetter1Dined on 8/27/2014Acqua is the restaurant my wife and I select when we want to experience a superior dining experience. Beverages and food of the highest quality are served by an exceptional wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual eventOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014We have came here at least once a year . Enjoy the atmosphere and setting. Sad that they built that ugly building next to you. Presentation of food was very nice.Special Features:
- Our First VisitAlbarinoWineGreatVIPDined on 8/24/2014We were very pleased with the food, service, and wine. Lovely setting for a restaurant!Special Features:
- Loved Acqua!FarmgirlDined on 8/23/2014Acqua never disappoints! We have taken several couples there and everyone has loved the food, view, & service! We have not been to the Forest Lake location but it is on our list!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option for outdoor diningpick4meDined on 8/21/2014Took prospective employee from out of town here to introduce the area. good range of dishes with lake view for wonderful atmosphere. Salads are unique and one of their best things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townfoodfanDined on 8/21/2014This is the best restaurant for miles around and competes well with any in the metro area. The mussels and the beet salad are outstanding. Have never had anything less than wonderful in many visits---food or service.Special Features:
- It Lived Up to Its ReputationRudyDined on 8/20/2014We got a great table by the lake so the view was wonderful on a summer night. Service was very considerate of our wishes and very friendly. The wine was excellent and the food was special on each plate and the five of us ordered a variety. As the evening went on we were not rushed. I do recommend bringing a sweater or shawl if you are later in the evening and are outside and the wind picks up off the lake, but we were fine.Special Features:
- AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014Seven of us ate on the porch overlooking the lake. It was great, food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Incredible food and wine choiceshonestabeDined on 8/19/2014The ambiance was wonderful , next time I'd like to try and get a table lakeside! And while there is construction going on near by, the free valet service makes finding parking a non issue. I loved the variety of food choices - and all 4 of our choices were delicious! And they have great wine choices, wines you don't get anywhere else. But just be prepared, great food and ambiance does come at a price...Special Features:
- Food is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014We have eaten at Acqua so many times I have lost count. We live in the neighborhood so it's easy to get to. My only comment is I would like the chef to get more imaginative with the sides served. They seem to serve a lot of potatoes (if it's not a pasta dish of course). Maybe some rice, polenta or quinoa now and them would be a refreshing change?Special Features:
- beebeDined on 8/15/2014loved it. We all did!!! One of the best restaurants in the Twin cities. Especially like the fact that it is on this side o the Miss. river.Special Features:
- Missed a chanceMelkeillorDined on 8/15/2014Next time we will wait for the patio. It would of made an average dining experience superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another splendid evening at Acqualuv2eatoutDined on 8/14/2014I always leave Acqua thinking it could not have been better, however there was outdoor seating available on their porch, and a perfect August evening, so it was even better. We enjoyed the calamari, mussels, walleye and -- of course -- their salted caramel mousse. Everything was perfectly prepared. Our waiter was very knowledgeable regarding the wine list and provided excellent service.Special Features:
- Can't beat the patioTiffyJo7Dined on 8/13/2014One of my favorite places in the summertime. The staff are always very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Place To Celebrateeating2liveDined on 8/12/2014This was our first time at Acqua. The waiter made us feel at home and explained what we could expect from items on the menu. The table out by the lake was very nice. We were celebrating a big event in our lives, and we wanted a very special meal. The food exceeded our expectations. The special taste offering was a good value.Special Features:
- AckAckDined on 8/3/2014The walleye was once again great as were the beet salads. The risotto, not so much.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014I'm sorry to say, but the large 2nd.floor room was extremely noisy, as there was a group of 10 at a table. Even though we sat at the far end of the room, it was really too hard for my husband and I to carry on a conversation. I wish I had known ahead of time that there was to be such a large group of diners there, as I would have requested the center room at the top of the stairs. Is that a quieter area in which to dine? The new salad on your menu was excellent and my walleye dinner was delicious. And of course, my husband, as usual, ordered the same entree, Ragu Bolognese, he does every time we dine at Acqua.Special Features:
- Beautiful night on the patioFoodieWBLDined on 7/31/2014The view is wonderful. The food was beautifully prepared. Great evening to celebrate my milestone birthday. Not inexpensive for sure but great special occasion spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewVikingsDined on 7/31/2014We love eating here on a wonderful summer night. The outdoor patio is fabulous and the service is great. I had the vegetarian risotto, which made my tummy happy. My husband's pork shank was so so. He said it didn't have much flavor, bummer! But overall, we loved our drinks and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionPaulaDined on 7/31/2014Everything was wonderful at Acqua, from the wine to the main course, the dessert was lacking in my opinion. We ordered the orange dream and it was way toooooo sweet. I would like to see more variety on the dessert menu, but that is a small bone of contention. The lack on the dessert menu would not keep me from returning for one second!! That is why in my opinion the rating for me and my party was a 5!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acqua with friendsOlivetoVIPDined on 7/30/2014I always enjoy everything about this restaurant and make it a point to dine there whenever I am in the Twin Cities as I travel there five or six times per year. The wait staff is always great and their winelist always has some great bottles at reasonable prices. And the food is simply fabulous!Special Features:
- AckAckDined on 7/29/2014The same excellent food and service that we've come to expect from Acqua.Special Features:
- Family OccasionBrianDined on 7/27/2014Dined with three of my granddaughters over from England. They were very impressed, me too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectKMMMDined on 7/26/2014Always love Acqua and dinner this past Saturday was no exception. Beautiful warm summer evening, exceptional food and service. Wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great celebration!MimosaDined on 7/25/2014Always like going to acqua We know we will get great and attentive service excellent food fun cocktails Usually too full for dessert but this time saved for crime brûlée which was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Worth the DriveHutchDined on 7/25/2014We're from WI and were actually were looking into Chicago but the room rates were crazy. Decided on Minneapolis instead. Found Acqua online-what a great find. Atmosphere, food (well the steak was much better than the risotto), service all excellent. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.