ACQUA - White Bear Lake
4453 Lake Ave South
White Bear Lake, MN 55110Neighborhood:
White Bear Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
ACQUA - White Bear Lake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.acquawbl.com/
- Phone: (651) 407-7317
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm. Closed Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Whalen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call us for private off-site events.
- Private Party Facilities: We have three rooms, each available for private and semi-private dining of up to 30 guests with great views of White Bear Lake. Our newly remodeled upstairs private dining room seats 20 and features a fireplace as well as a view over the lake.
- Private Party Contact: Daron Close 6514077317x
A word from ACQUA - White Bear Lake
Acqua is comfortably located on the Western shore of White Bear Lake and offers seating in four relaxed dining rooms, two sheltered decks overlooking the marina, a spacious lakeside patio and cozy bar. The menu is Italian driven and Acqua Restaurant always strives to source out the highest quality local ingredients. The restaurant focuses on maintaining a warm, clean and comfortable atmosphere while offering knowledgeable and attentive service that cares.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
ACQUA - White Bear Lake - Best Restaurants in White Bear Lake ›
ACQUA - White Bear Lake reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)scenic view (137)fit for foodies (136)neighborhood gem (120)great for outdoor dining (118)romantic (104)notable wine list (64)good for groups (32)hot spot (22)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The food is amazingly tastey. Worth the trip! Something as simple as a "pork chop" melted in my mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and DeliciousJackieDined on 11/22/2014We went to Auqua to celebrate my bitrthday, Auqua had sent me a coupon for a half priced bottle of wine. Great wine selection. We all enjoyed out food, I had Salmon with a citrus sauce it was amazing, melted in my mouth. Everyone at the table agreed we should eat here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We took a 5pm slot on Open Table. By 6 the place was full. Our service did not falter as it went from empty to very busy. The fare is Italian-American. A little something for everyone. I would not consider it kid-friendly, which is a good thing. We have 6 and that's why God made Applebee's. Our choice was to go with the tasting menu of 3 courses. Any place that has beet salad gets an extra star from me. If you've ever tried to make beet salad, you'll know what I mean. For the main course, she had butternut squash ravioli and I had chicken and pasta with a yummy mushroom sauce (with any chicken dish it's the sauce that matters, right?). The food, overall, was very good and well prepared. Portion size was generous. While I did not regret a single bite, I'm going to leave this by saying that it was just 'very good'.. For the price. The wine list: I'll keep it simple.. sufficient number of wines to choose from. If you are a wine puffta, then you'll make a better choice than me. We always pick a bottle of red and stick with a Malbec or Pinot that's not ridiculously priced and finish the thing. As long as it's not vinegar, I'm good. Read Robin Goldstein's paper on over 6000 blind tastings for the truth on wine. The sevice was excellent. Ryan made the dining experience that much better. The atmosphere is quiet and as romantic as you want / need it to be. Dessert: We have never made it past the creme brûlée and coffee. The best in the Twin Cities. It is the reason we keep coming back. It might seem a trivial thing, but you can get very good food at lots of places in the Twin Cities. To keep patrons coming back, you need an ace in the hole. Something spectacular. For us, it's this simple, elegant finish. Delicious coffee and a creme brûlée to remember. This was our third visit and our check, for two, averages around 70-80 per person with a bottle of wine. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wanted it to be much better!BJMMDined on 11/15/2014We have heard nothing but great things about Acqua so we had to try it. Specialty cocktails were great. Glassware smelled like lake water though. Appetizers - there were huge pieces of sand in the mussels. Tasted great but chewing them was an issue. Food presentation was beautiful. Scallops were so salty I ate one and then let everyone else taste how salty they were. Pork shank was luke warm at most. Sea bass was mushy. I am bummed as we were really looking forward to it and were let down. Maybe we had it hyped up too much? For the amount of money we spent on apps and dinner alone I would have expected better. I would come back for the cucumber margarita - but that's about it.Special Features:
- Dining at AcquaCAgirlVIPDined on 11/14/2014As always, Acqua's service, food & friendliness has not disappointed me. This is truly my favorite restaurant in MN. Thanks to Daron, Paul, Stephanie & the rest of the service staff for your wonderful food & service. Betty GruenewaldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceBeckyDVIPDined on 11/13/2014Enjoyed another great meal and overall experience at this gem in White Bear Lake. The staff are friendly, helpful with wine and food selections. It has become a standard for us!Special Features:
- Never disappointsdermdrVIPDined on 11/9/2014We made reservations thru open table to meet some friends there last Sunday evening. The dining experience was phenomenal! Everything we had was absolutely superb! We have been there a number of times and always know we will have a good meal. Other restaurants can be a hit or miss situation, but Acqua is always "spot on". The desserts are especially good!! Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014I eat at Acqua either in White Bear or Forest Lake frequently. The food is consistently good. We visited on. Sunday evening and it was a great time to be there as it was not as hectic as maybe on a Friday or Sat. We had a great time visiting with friends and the food and the service were both very good.Special Features:
- WonderfulFitfoodieDined on 11/8/2014The food is so good at Acqua. One of my favorite restaurants. Our waiter was excellent as well. The only complaint is it is very loud. We were upstairs and it seemed very "echoey".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience.PatthecatDined on 11/8/2014My husband ordered several small plates and loved them all. I ordered the scallops entre and thought it was excellent if a little salty. Great wine selection. My only complaint was that the noise level was very high upstairs. We seemed to be in between two tables who were trying to out-shout each other.Special Features:
- Service -too goodfirstvisitDined on 11/8/2014Great experience but we were seated in an upstairs small room with four tables. At any given time we had 3-5 employees hovering in the small room. The workers were constantly searching for a task, filling water, cleaning up, asking us how things were for us, offering more bread, taking orders, serving good. Good service is great but too many interruptions in dinner makes it annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, and food.live2eatDined on 11/4/2014I wish I could remember our servers name, but he was great. We dined at Acqua for a double birthday celebration, and had a party of 9. We ordered appetizers, entrees, and had two special desserts. Upon seating, our waiter was immediately ready to take drink orders, which came quickly. He stayed on top of our drinks throughout the night. He came at the appropriate time for appetizer and entree orders, and they were served at the perfect time. The food was fresh and tasty. Definitely worth coming back for. Shortly after finishing our dinner, two waiters arrived to serve our dessert, which was already cut and plated. He took coffee orders, and we ended our evening feeling well taken care of. Thank you for a great birthday dinner!Special Features:
- After the show.BrianDined on 11/2/2014Great place for dinner after a local event. Outstanding quality of food and service.Special Features:
- YumkimnVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food and service is wonderful, feel like part of the family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with fruendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014We have eaten at Acqua about 6 times and it just seems to get better and better. We brought along a couple with us who has never eaten here and they thoroughly enjoyed it. We would probably come more ofter but being 4 minutes away in the Soutrhwest corner of the metro, we usually plan it for a special occasion. It just keeps getting better and better, our favorite restaurant in the metro area.Special Features:
- Always greatRefrettedDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I had a late Friday evening dinner at Acqua WBL and both had excellent meals with superb service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- love Acquaynot2dayDined on 10/30/2014Wonderful restaurant for our special night out. Quiet and intimate dining room. Attentive service, delicious food. Worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wetter1Dined on 10/30/2014Excellent dining experience - Acqua is our favorite restaurant.Waitress forSpecial Features:
- Perfect nightsxyfischDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I went to dinner with another couple it was all our first visit there and we were amazed. Our server was knowledgeable and recommend great food/wine options. Can't wait to go back maybe when its nice out to sit on their patio.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration with SurprisesGreetandEatDined on 10/24/2014The table chosen for us to celebrate was perfect. The flowers ordered previously for this occasion were on the table when we arrived and beautifully displayed. The server was so nice and her timing when we needed her was always spot on. The menus had such a variety, something for every palate. It's a little smaller inside than I thought it would be, but cozy. The table by the window with the view helped make it appear larger too. The tables near us had to be a little closer in order for them to fit properly. So at times it got rather loud but they were having a good time. I definitely would return and this time earlier in the day so I could appreciate the beautiful view of the lake. We also appreciated the valet parking tremendously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Dining SpotNeighbor8Dined on 10/24/2014My experience was fabulous as always. The server was very attentive and the food is unique and delicious. I always recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatSunny01VIPDined on 10/24/2014We are never disappointed at Acqua - food & service exceptional!!Special Features:
- Great food. nice locationmactheknifeDined on 10/21/2014Acqua is best in the summer months. Outdoor dining by White Bear Lake. But in Fall and Winter the food sustains the restuarant as a gem. We've been several imes and never dissapointed. Cocktails are very nice and the atmosphere is relaxed. It is nice that a non Franchised restaurant like this is successful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Destination DiningDining4CleoDined on 10/21/2014From the time we left our car with the valet for parking until we said good-by to the friendly staff, the experience was delightful. Beverages were excellent. The menu offers something delectable for everyone. Scallop appetizers were perfectly cooked and corn salsa a clever accompaniment. Our group enjoyed generous portions of delicious walleye and pork shank entrees. Again, perfectly prepared and flavored. Richly flavorful potatoes complimented the meat though the broccolini was a bit tough. Graham cracker ice cream went well with the chocolate dessert. A peach blueberry dessert with ice cream was a wonderful way to end the evening. Reservations are a good idea, especially if seated indoors and a window view is desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and Great ServiceJean14Dined on 10/16/2014Everthing was great except it was really dark where we sat, hard to read the menu!Special Features:
- SandyDined on 10/15/2014Wonderful restaurant, great ambiance, service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoritesMyfavmjcDined on 10/15/2014Aqua is one of my favorite restaurants....I can count on it to be Excellent Experience each time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!TradgirlDined on 10/12/2014Always a delightful dining experience. Delicious food and very good wait staff.Special Features:
- Always GreatLynnaDined on 10/11/2014Love having such a good restaurant close by. Always good, interesting food with great wine and cocktail list. Isn't on the menu often enough, but their eggplant parmesan is the best. We go there often. Perfect table next to the front window last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as awaysMdineexpVIPDined on 10/4/2014Aqua is our place for a special evening. The food and service is always outstanding at the White Bear Lake location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good Service, but....practicalmommaDined on 10/4/2014It felt like a revolving door of servers. It would have been helpful to know so many would be serving us or who our primary server was, and perhaps a heads up on the service chaos. I just didn't even know the rules, like who I could ask etc. Prices are OUTRAGEOUS and really not justifiable. You need to lower them by 25% AT LEAST, including alcohol. I was expecting a much nicer setup inside, something a little fancier say comparable to WA Frost. We were right under an air conditioner on the second floor across from a buffet and right nex to it there was a eyesore of an open spot. The environment was so choppy it almost felt like you were on a narrow boat on the water. Our servers didn't really seem very interested in us, but distracted.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationsPKENMARDined on 10/2/2014As always, food & wine, drinks were great! It was however, the 1st time in all of our visits that we were not very happy with our main server who seemed distant & preoccupied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acqua Dining ExperienceBluesmanDined on 9/27/2014The overall dining experience was wonderful. While the server was a bit late to our table and to offer our first cocktail, the service throughout the evening was light but attentive. Perfect for what we needed. The appetizer, salad, entree and dessert were all terrific and it was stunningly beautiful night for a walk by the lake after dinner, despite all the road construction. The dining pace was slow, but again perfect for the type of night we were looking for. We will look forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Great Food, but Too Noisydrew03030Dined on 9/27/2014Great food, but the noise level in the upper side room was way too loud. They either need to open that room up more, or fix the acoustics to make it enjoyable. My fiance and I could hardly talk over the other 3 groups and they weren't even being super loud.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014First time at Acqua with friends that live in the area. Was really impressed with the service, and the food was fantastic. Everyone really enjoyed their meals and dessert. The craft cocktails were fun too. Appreciate the complementary valet, especially with all the construction and parking issues right now.Special Features:
- Nice placeLucyDined on 9/19/2014Feels like a renovated house that you are in, probably was. Small menu, but had good choices. Would go back. This place is not for kids. Did get really noisy.Special Features:
- Always ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014I take business colleagues here often and for dinner with friends/family. It's always consistent and the $40 tasting menu and options/portions is a nice value. Take advantage of the deck or patin seating during this beautiful fall weather ... don't close it yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary dinner.blondegoatDined on 9/16/2014Celebrated our anniversary at Acqua on Sept. 16. Sat on the deck, delicious Prosecco,very good cheese appetizer, I ordered the Walleye dinner with an excellent buttery/wine sauce & potatoes. My husband had a tenderloin that was excellent. The portions were perfect. Our dessert was one we've had before, a butterscotch/carmely pudding. Good Chardonnay. Excellent meal! Our server was well informed & never hovered . Lovely view of the lake, on the balcony. The only downside, the constant vehicle traffic driving by. Sounds like that won't change when the building next door is completed.Anyone crossing to lakeside patio must dodge traffic ! That needs to change !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulicioustimetodineDined on 9/11/2014ALWAYS remarkable. Hoppin' on a Thursday night; great cocktails; exquisite lobster tail and osso bucco. Great view of late summer moon over the lake and marina. Personable staff. Another home run!Special Features:
- Outstanding foodJupiterDined on 9/11/2014Food was fabulous. Outstanding service / incredibly attentive staff. This is a type of restaurant one expects to find in downtown MPLS or Chicago, not White Bear Lake, MN. Definitely a gem in the suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.