ACQUA - White Bear Lake
4453 Lake Ave South
White Bear Lake, MN 55110Neighborhood:
White Bear Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
ACQUA - White Bear Lake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.acquawbl.com/
- Phone: 6514077317x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm. Closed Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Whalen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call us for private off-site events.
- Private Party Facilities: We have three rooms, each available for private and semi-private dining of up to 30 guests with great views of White Bear Lake. Our newly remodeled upstairs private dining room seats 20 and features a fireplace as well as a view over the lake.
- Private Party Contact: Daron Close 6514077317x
A word from ACQUA - White Bear Lake
Acqua is comfortably located on the Western shore of White Bear Lake and offers seating in four relaxed dining rooms, two sheltered decks overlooking the marina, a spacious lakeside patio and cozy bar. The menu is Italian driven and Acqua Restaurant always strives to source out the highest quality local ingredients. The restaurant focuses on maintaining a warm, clean and comfortable atmosphere while offering knowledgeable and attentive service that cares.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
ACQUA - White Bear Lake - Best Restaurants in White Bear Lake ›
ACQUA - White Bear Lake reviews from OpenTable diners
262 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (206)great for outdoor dining (199)special occasion (199)fit for foodies (173)neighborhood gem (156)romantic (153)notable wine list (86)good for groups (25)hot spot (25)late-night find (21)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (9)Show More
- Favorite Dining SpotWetter1Dined on 8/27/2014Acqua is the restaurant my wife and I select when we want to experience a superior dining experience. Beverages and food of the highest quality are served by an exceptional wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual eventOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014We have came here at least once a year . Enjoy the atmosphere and setting. Sad that they built that ugly building next to you. Presentation of food was very nice.Special Features:
- Our First VisitAlbarinoWineGreatVIPDined on 8/24/2014We were very pleased with the food, service, and wine. Lovely setting for a restaurant!Special Features:
- Loved Acqua!FarmgirlDined on 8/23/2014Acqua never disappoints! We have taken several couples there and everyone has loved the food, view, & service! We have not been to the Forest Lake location but it is on our list!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option for outdoor diningpick4meDined on 8/21/2014Took prospective employee from out of town here to introduce the area. good range of dishes with lake view for wonderful atmosphere. Salads are unique and one of their best things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townfoodfanDined on 8/21/2014This is the best restaurant for miles around and competes well with any in the metro area. The mussels and the beet salad are outstanding. Have never had anything less than wonderful in many visits---food or service.Special Features:
- It Lived Up to Its ReputationRudyDined on 8/20/2014We got a great table by the lake so the view was wonderful on a summer night. Service was very considerate of our wishes and very friendly. The wine was excellent and the food was special on each plate and the five of us ordered a variety. As the evening went on we were not rushed. I do recommend bringing a sweater or shawl if you are later in the evening and are outside and the wind picks up off the lake, but we were fine.Special Features:
- AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014Seven of us ate on the porch overlooking the lake. It was great, food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Incredible food and wine choiceshonestabeDined on 8/19/2014The ambiance was wonderful , next time I'd like to try and get a table lakeside! And while there is construction going on near by, the free valet service makes finding parking a non issue. I loved the variety of food choices - and all 4 of our choices were delicious! And they have great wine choices, wines you don't get anywhere else. But just be prepared, great food and ambiance does come at a price...Special Features:
- Food is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014We have eaten at Acqua so many times I have lost count. We live in the neighborhood so it's easy to get to. My only comment is I would like the chef to get more imaginative with the sides served. They seem to serve a lot of potatoes (if it's not a pasta dish of course). Maybe some rice, polenta or quinoa now and them would be a refreshing change?Special Features:
- beebeDined on 8/15/2014loved it. We all did!!! One of the best restaurants in the Twin cities. Especially like the fact that it is on this side o the Miss. river.Special Features:
- Missed a chanceMelkeillorDined on 8/15/2014Next time we will wait for the patio. It would of made an average dining experience superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another splendid evening at Acqualuv2eatoutDined on 8/14/2014I always leave Acqua thinking it could not have been better, however there was outdoor seating available on their porch, and a perfect August evening, so it was even better. We enjoyed the calamari, mussels, walleye and -- of course -- their salted caramel mousse. Everything was perfectly prepared. Our waiter was very knowledgeable regarding the wine list and provided excellent service.Special Features:
- Can't beat the patioTiffyJo7Dined on 8/13/2014One of my favorite places in the summertime. The staff are always very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Place To Celebrateeating2liveDined on 8/12/2014This was our first time at Acqua. The waiter made us feel at home and explained what we could expect from items on the menu. The table out by the lake was very nice. We were celebrating a big event in our lives, and we wanted a very special meal. The food exceeded our expectations. The special taste offering was a good value.Special Features:
- Outside seating a problem!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014I was disappointed to find out my reservation would not include the outside dining areas but was based on first come basis. Meaning, those without a reservation were able to get a better table than us. Not sure I would recommend or go back during the summer again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AckAckDined on 8/3/2014The walleye was once again great as were the beet salads. The risotto, not so much.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014I'm sorry to say, but the large 2nd.floor room was extremely noisy, as there was a group of 10 at a table. Even though we sat at the far end of the room, it was really too hard for my husband and I to carry on a conversation. I wish I had known ahead of time that there was to be such a large group of diners there, as I would have requested the center room at the top of the stairs. Is that a quieter area in which to dine? The new salad on your menu was excellent and my walleye dinner was delicious. And of course, my husband, as usual, ordered the same entree, Ragu Bolognese, he does every time we dine at Acqua.Special Features:
- Beautiful night on the patioFoodieWBLDined on 7/31/2014The view is wonderful. The food was beautifully prepared. Great evening to celebrate my milestone birthday. Not inexpensive for sure but great special occasion spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewVikingsDined on 7/31/2014We love eating here on a wonderful summer night. The outdoor patio is fabulous and the service is great. I had the vegetarian risotto, which made my tummy happy. My husband's pork shank was so so. He said it didn't have much flavor, bummer! But overall, we loved our drinks and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionPaulaDined on 7/31/2014Everything was wonderful at Acqua, from the wine to the main course, the dessert was lacking in my opinion. We ordered the orange dream and it was way toooooo sweet. I would like to see more variety on the dessert menu, but that is a small bone of contention. The lack on the dessert menu would not keep me from returning for one second!! That is why in my opinion the rating for me and my party was a 5!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acqua with friendsOlivetoVIPDined on 7/30/2014I always enjoy everything about this restaurant and make it a point to dine there whenever I am in the Twin Cities as I travel there five or six times per year. The wait staff is always great and their winelist always has some great bottles at reasonable prices. And the food is simply fabulous!Special Features:
- AckAckDined on 7/29/2014The same excellent food and service that we've come to expect from Acqua.Special Features:
- Family OccasionBrianDined on 7/27/2014Dined with three of my granddaughters over from England. They were very impressed, me too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014Always love Acqua and dinner this past Saturday was no exception. Beautiful warm summer evening, exceptional food and service. Wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great celebration!MimosaDined on 7/25/2014Always like going to acqua We know we will get great and attentive service excellent food fun cocktails Usually too full for dessert but this time saved for crime brûlée which was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Worth the DriveHutchDined on 7/25/2014We're from WI and were actually were looking into Chicago but the room rates were crazy. Decided on Minneapolis instead. Found Acqua online-what a great find. Atmosphere, food (well the steak was much better than the risotto), service all excellent. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great attitudebookyreaderDined on 7/23/2014Summer dining includes an outdoor lower deck, an upper deck and a nice patio across the street with a great harbor view. The bar next door had a great blues band going, which made many of the diners tap their toes and groove along. Anyone who wanted a quieter atmosphere could sit indoors, but the band was not too loud. Conversation was not a struggle. Helpful, friendly attentive staff. The food was most excellent. Significant wine list. Not the cheapest place in town. Plan on $100 if you limit your drinking. Plan ahead for parking. Complimentary valet parking in front, but if you try to do it yourself, it is very tight down there with the construction.Special Features:
- We love AcquaDebiVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had internationa friends in and were also celebrating both of their birthdays. The food was outstanding, service was wonderful. Our friends loved it.... Thank you.Special Features:
- Never disapointsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Aqua is not cheap but you get what you pay for-excellence. Good special occasion spot, especially on a nice evening at an outside table lakeside. My sis & I dine there at least four times a year, would more often if I could afford to. So if I do eat out it has to be worthwhile and reliably good, Aqua is. The staff is efficient, knowledgeable and friendly. The food is nothing short of fabulous. One of us usually gets the special, especially if it is fish or seafood. We have a favorite salad and dessert that we often split, but we do vary it. Everything we have had at Aqua has been excellent. My only "gripe" was being charged for iced tea refills-it is pennies to brew. That's it. An absolute favorite, Aqua never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Love, love, love Acqua!!! It is my favorite place to eat for any occasion. Great staff and wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How do you better best?ancientomnivoreDined on 7/19/2014Once again a great meal with great service, each diner getting individual attention and exactly what each wanted. Want to share a cocktail? Done. Want the hot peppers on the side? Done. Want one dessert and two long spoons? Done. All the entrees were spectacular: sea bass, chicken, scallops, beef shank. Wherever you are in Minnesota, Acqua is worth the drive.Special Features:
- Great experience for special eventsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014This is the second time in a year that we have eaten at your restaurant for a birthday celebration. It was a great experience both times......food/wine, wait people, and ambience. The valet service was terrific as we had spent one and a half hours getting to your establishment from Bloomington due to various detours everywhere......not your fault. We are looking forward to the completion of the condos/shopping next door so strolling along the lake might be possible and enjoyable. Getting rid of the clutter will be nice. We will be back. Just wish you were closer.Special Features:
- AckAckDined on 7/16/2014The food is always great and the servers are exceptional.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/15/2014Its a pleasure to have such a great restaurant in the northern suburbs. We try to make it to Acqua every couple of months. The food is consistently good - and the service is always fantastic - even on this night when our waitress told us she had only been with the restaurant a few days.Special Features:
- Fantastic Find!grammaj44Dined on 7/13/2014This was our first time at Acqua, everything about it was wonderful. Our table was right on the lake, beautiful day, great food...fantastic way to end a weekend! We will be back.Special Features:
- Best Shrimp Scampi EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I ate at Acqua this past weekend and ordered the Shrimp Scampi. It was truly the best Shrimp Scampi I've ever eaten. The flavors were perfectly balanced so I ate every last morsel. This is my second visit to Acqua and it was the same excellent dining experience that I experienced on my first visit. I plan to return again in the not too distant future.Special Features:
- Amazing food and viewmnk1184Dined on 7/11/2014The food at Acqua is always on point. I must recommend lobster bisque (in season), bistecca (strip, done no more than med), or any of the fresh fish. Sides always compliment perfectly and the chef is happy to make substitutions if needed. Service is usually good..... Most of the time it's a 10, but can be a 6-7. The place is not cheap - expect to spend $60-80 per person. Parking, especially in summer, can be an issue. They do have valet. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulCarlaDined on 7/11/2014Great atmosphere would go again for special occasion. .food was unbelievable good !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EverytimerossDined on 7/11/2014I have had dinner at this restaurant and it has exceded expections every time. I now know how good the food is, and I still can't believe how delicious it is everytime. We brought some friends that had never been there, and they repeatedly complimented the food and service. It didn't hurt that it was a beautiful evening and we sat out on the deck. I recommend Acqua for all adults.Special Features: