Acqua Ristorante Mediterraneo
43 Main St
Westport, CT 06880Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Acqua Ristorante Mediterraneo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://acquaofwestport.com/
- Phone: 2032228899
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Acqua Ristorante Mediterraneo
With stunning views of the Saugatuck River from two levels and a sleek, contemporary interior, guests of Acqua can experience the sophistication of Manhattan from the comfort of Main Street in the charming coastal town of Westport, Connecticut. Simple, rustic dishes lovingly prepared, decadent dessert soufflés, and a superb wine list are the hallmarks of this premiere Mediterranean bistro.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acqua Ristorante Mediterraneo reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great PlaceMattieDined on 10/8/2013Excellent restaurant! Food is always good. Service is great and the ambiance very pleasant. One of my favorites!Special Features:
- The staff devotes so muchWiltonFanVIPDined on 10/4/2013The staff devotes so much attention to the clients that you cannot help but have a good time. The food is excellent with a wide variety of excellent choices and the wines offer a well-rounded selection. The attention to detail is a big plus. Always made to feel welcomed even when the place is bustling with a large evening crowd. Get a drink at the bar and then sit for a fine dinner.Special Features:
- Good EatsFoodforthoughtDined on 10/4/2013Went during restaurant week. Good food and portions for the price. Waiters were attentive. Steak I had was flavorful and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad We Found It!CoopDined on 10/4/2013We came for Restaurant Week and will definitely return. This treat in the heart of Westport surpassed our expectations. The service was friendly and fast, and the food was delicious--I loved my fish and my husband enjoyed his chicken. The salads were great, and good portions for both courses meant we left Acqua full. Next time we'll try some drinks!Special Features:
- Lobster Corn BisqueMichaelCVIPDined on 9/24/2013Gets you half way up the mountain to learn the meaning of life...not to be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly cooked fish, deliciousSirdinealotVIPDined on 9/21/2013Perfectly cooked fish, delicious Cesar salads and very attentive and friendly service!Special Features:
- Ignorant and Arrogant Fawlty TowersTouristDined on 9/16/2013Terrible service and arrogant and ignorant attitude by waiter in not giving us our booked choice of upper level table and trying to ignore complaints. Told us we had a delicious meal. Asked if we wanted to pay for more wine.
- Very niceAnnlauntDined on 9/13/2013First time here, so didn't know what to expect? Friday night, nice crowd. When we arrived the manager offered us options to where we would like to sit (upstairs, downstairs, or outside on the patio), and from his warm greeting until the last bite of our Suoflle everything was spot on delicious! Thank you Marc, and the great team at Acqua.....you guys made our first experience memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible!!!!westportfoodieDined on 8/31/2013Salad barely had any dressing. Food was bland. Wait staff was unprofessional and rude!!!!!
- Have been here several times.brianDined on 8/20/2013Have been here several times. This time the service was a nightmare for us and all others at the restaurant--we were actually joking with each other how bad things were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood feel, odd locationWattsDined on 8/12/2013I was reluctant to meet my wife here for dinner since I know she meets her girlfriends here for the deal that they offer at the downstairs & parking lot tables. My wife was late as usual so I grabbed a seat at the bar upstairs. It was an interesting set up but sitting in front of a wood burning oven watching the pizza chef was enjoyable. The beer selection is non-existent but the bartender was very hospitable. I noticed a slight southern accent which could explain the welcomeness I felt when I sat down. Table service was nice and relaxed despite the white tablecloth. It seems as though Acqua has a personality conflict, it should lose the tablecloths and bargain basement and stick to it's heart, solid food offerings and congenial service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2013Been dining here for years and the food and service have been consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experiencesm75Dined on 7/27/2013Wife and I went there for our anniversary. It was our first time and we will definitely go back. The food was great and our server was very attentive and friendly. Try the Barrata cheese appetizer; it's very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/20/2013The food was amazing and the service was on superb. Neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Night out with friendsonlygoodfood4uDined on 7/19/2013Server was rude, food was less than average at best. Wine list overpriced and many wines were too old to drink. Restaurant was empty at 10:00 on a Friday evening, and we were being rushed to finish our meal. Go to Spotted Horse Tavern down the street instead.Special Features:
- DisappointingItsaboutthetasteDined on 7/17/2013We were really looking forward to this meal. The menu sounded great. The food however, was not. My meal was billed as organic pasta with salmon. I should have asked, "Where's the fish?" The salmon was sprinkled on top of the pasta like some kind of cheese. There was so little salmon and spinach that by the third or fourth bite I was only left with pasta. When we pointed out that the meal wasn't great, the server apologized by saying that it was a new item on the menu and that he'd give our feedback to the chef so it would be better next time. ??Special Features:
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2013Who knew a little place on Main in Westport could have such great wood-fired pizza?!! Gorgonzola with figs and arugula. NICE!Special Features:
- Can not go wrong with AcquaOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/5/2013In a town where everyone rushes to the latest and greatest--for a few weeks or so--it's is such a joy to have Acqua in town. We decided it is still our favorite Westport restaurant. The halibut is simply perfect, salads are fresh and tasty, the wine list is interesting and we've never, ever had a disappointing meal there. Our out-of-town guests were enchanted and rather awestruck, asking "That's your little neighborhood restaurant??" Yes, it is. And aren't we lucky to be in the neighborhood?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2013The restaurant is located in the heart for downtown Westport among all the boutique shops. Once inside, multiple levels are broken up into smaller seating areas giving the feeling of being in a much smaller quaint dining room. Each floor has it's own full bar. The outdoor patio sits alongside the Saugatuck River. The décor is beautiful with all floors done in tumbled marble. The wait staff were extremely attentive and professional. There is an extensive wine list and the Waitress was knowledgeable on every one of them. The food was superb. We had the wood fired chicken and the lemon fettuccini. WOW! Don't miss this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant atmosphereGradmomDined on 6/24/2013We took my daughter and friends to Acqua following her high school graduation ceremony. Very pleasant, Mediterranean ambience, casual feel. Our server was smiling, friendly and attentive to our needs. Food all around was very tasty. My salmon was cooked perfectly. Great local spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful night outFairfieldFoodieDined on 6/15/2013Recently had dinner with my husband, two teenagers, and my in-laws at Acqua. My husband was hesitant to go at first because he heard the service was poor even though it had good food reviews. The food was as good as we had heard. Our favorites at the table were the fried calamari, the beef ravioli, the veal tenderloin, and the fish special that night. Also the desserts that were ordered were big hits -- chocolate souffle and warm apple tart with gelato. The biggest and best surprise was the service. Our waitress was attentive, engaging, and accurate. She didn't miss a thing. Also we LOVED that extra servers were on hand when our food came out so that everyone had their food at the same time! We will definitely be dining here again!Special Features:
- Dinner at AcquaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2013Dinner was very good. Menu had many choices as well as a specials of the day menu. No one had to recite the specials. Staff was very accommodating. Everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Westport's Top VenuesSueandJimDined on 6/8/2013Acqua Ristorante Mediterraneo, AKA Acqua is consistently one of the better restaurants in town. We have been there for lunch on their pop up patio and have eaten in both bars downstairs and up as well as the upstairs dining area, with its lovely views of the Saugatuck RIver. My favorite dish if the Halibut Parmesan- it is pricey but always amazing. The crispy Chicken Milanese is simple and never fails to satisfy. We have tried their pizzas, which are fun if you want to sit at the bar and nosh with a glass of wine. Service is consistently good. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Waiter can make or break itSavvyLady11Dined on 6/7/2013Acqua has a magnificent chef and because of that, the food is PERFECTION. It is always a pleasure to dine there, and to celebrate special times. I recently recommended that we have an important business dinner there, and requested a specific waiter. Unfortunately, that waiter was not there on this particular evening. Our waiter was NOT attentive, made several mistakes, and was just plain BAD. So, this was NOT a good experience, and I did speak to the restaurant manager, and he completely agreed with me, and was very sorry. I am not sure that I will return for more business dinners.Special Features:
- Almost fabulousGradparentDined on 5/31/2013Everything was perfect - almost! We were a party of 14. We were greeted warmly and enthusiastically by the host and staff. The restaurant is beautiful, with tiles and arches and Meditteranean ambience. The food was superb, eliciting oohs and ahhs from everybody. The service was flawless except for 2 incidences. One was that a guest waited more than 20 minutes for a drink refill and the other was a botched special order. Even when "corrected", it still was not right, with the unwanted ingredient hidden beneath the main item, and the requested substitution still not on the plate. That was annoying. Other than that, everything was really fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner!WestportJenVIPDined on 5/24/2013My husband and I went to Acqua with another couple and had a wonderful evening. 3 of us ordered the brick oven chicken with scalloped potatoes. This is one of my favorite meals in Fairfield County! So simple, but so delectable. We ended the evening with their signature grand marnier souffle. Also delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not welcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2013our feeling was that if you were not a "regular", they didn't much care if you were there
- Ready for a return visti alreadyRogerVBDined on 5/18/2013Yep. We will go back. The red curry sauce for the mussels...outstanding. The sriracha sauce for the lightly battered flavorful calamari is a must have recipe that the waiter was all to happy to help getting for us. We shared the tenderloin dish which completed our trifecta and the decision to put this restaurant near the top of our list as a favorite.Special Features:
- Great service and view...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013Great service. Great view. Romantic. Noise level a little to much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acqua AccoladesTomADined on 5/18/2013The menu presents a multiplicity of dishes you'd like to enjoy. I chose the roasted veal chop with rosemary. Primo white veal, medium rare, as ordered, and delicious. I was also considering the roasted veal loin, a difficult dish to find, as well as the interesting lobster dish. We shared a crab cocktail for the appetizer. As described by the gracious waitress, it was made up of whole claw meat, fresh and succulent. The wine list was ample and the prices usual. We had requested a table near the window to view the river. When we got there, all were taken. But as soon as one opened, the manager asked if we'd like to move there but said we were already in one of the two most requested tables. We decided he was right and remained there. Go!Special Features:
- Had always enjoyed everythingDianeDined on 4/27/2013Had always enjoyed everything about Acqua in the past. Rather disappointing experience. Service was painfully slow. Food not nearly as good as in the past. Overall, not so pleasant. Don't need to go back as there are plenty of other better choices in the area.
- Much better service elsewheretuggerVIPDined on 4/5/2013This is my fifth visit to Acqua and I will not be returning. We were very disappointed with this visit to Acqua. I had reserved a table for 6 through open table to celebrate a special event several days in advance, called the restaurant ahead to make changes as our party grew and shrank, and we still waited for 20 minutes for our table while most of the restaurant sat 1/2 empty. Finally another table was set up for us and then the real waiting began. We waited for every portion of the meal. Several members of our party had to leave before the end of the meal because they had commitments 2.5 hours later! The location and decor of the restaurant are very nice. The food can be very good. The service is erratic.Special Features:
- Quiet DownstairsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/30/2013Consistently good - sit downstairs if you want quiet - upstairs can be loud.Special Features:
- Decent food, but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2013Decent food, but poor service spoiled our experience. Would give aqua another chance perhaps if we are in the immediate area. Just an ok rating for me.
- Always good. Overlooking theYumyumDined on 3/18/2013Always good. Overlooking the parking lot, the lights flicker on the nearby Saugatuck River. From arugula pizza to Parmesan crusted halibut you can always find a clean plate finish at Acqua. The chocolate soufflé is a great early order for a fun finish.Special Features:
- I had the Dover sole at thetuggerVIPDined on 3/15/2013I had the Dover sole at the server's recommendation and it was exquisite.Special Features:
- Food was superb. WaitressLeftyVIPDined on 3/2/2013Food was superb. Waitress friendly and efficient. Warm greeting from maitre d'. A truly enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Worth the trip!WiltonFanVIPDined on 2/16/2013We really like this place. Bustling but not too busy or noisey, service is very attentive without being overbearing and the food prepartion and delivery is delicious. We ahd a table that was very close to the kitchen and staff was constatly rusing by but it did not interfere too much with the evening. All is very nice at Acqua! See you again soon!Special Features:
- My second trip to Acqua andmeauxDined on 2/16/2013My second trip to Acqua and was as enjoyable as the first. The food is as good as it is varied and the desert souffles are excellent. My date also enjoyed the cosmopolitains!Special Features:
- Great find!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The staff is very peraonable and accommodating. They didn't rush us out even though it was Valentine's, and we were able to have a romantic evening! The food was great, drinks were yummy, and the free dessert was jut the icing on the cake of a good night.Special Features: