Acqua Pazza California Bistro
71-800 Hwy 111
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Acqua Pazza California Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.acquapazzabistro.com/index.htm
- Phone: 7608629800
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Acqua Pazza California Bistro
At Acqua Pazza, talent, expertise and a passion for great food combine to produce a captivating California Bistro dining experience. Our menu options are many, varied and value-priced, and the quality is always high. Our generous portions are prepared with the freshest ingredients available and a dash of innovation from our award-winning chefs. Freshly baked bread and decadent desserts are made in-house daily, and are perfectly complimented by a cappuccino, latte or an endless pot of coffee. At our "crazy-water" bar, we feature the desert's best Happy Hour – all-day, all-night, 12-hours long! Winner of 8 "Best of the Valley" awards in 2010 for Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner Deal, Family Restaurant, Continental Restaurant, Happy Hour, Outdoor Dining and Late Night Dining as well as Rancho Mirage Chamber of Commerce's prestigious "Rammy Award" in 2009 and 2010 for Exemplary Casual Dining, Acqua Pazza, California Bistro, promises to provide a most enjoyable dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Acqua Pazza California Bistro - Best Restaurants in Rancho Mirage ›
Acqua Pazza California Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (40)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (27)great for brunch (26)good for groups (25)kid-friendly (17)scenic view (17)fit for foodies (17)vibrant bar scene (17)special occasion (15)hot spot (14)late-night find (10)notable wine list (9)romantic (7)Show More
- It's OKGSAMBCDined on 9/19/2014My party of four felt this restaurant to be too noisy. We all agreed that their sister restaurant LULU'S in Downtown Palm Springs is by far THE place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Late Dinner, But...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Thought the restaurant was very pretty sitting outside looking at the water. Would be better if not having to listen to and look at all the traffic zooming by in the foreground. How about putting some tall hedges along the property to block that view? I was VERY DISAPPOINTED that nobody acknowledged that this was a SPECIAL OCCASION--my birthday!!! Which I had noted on the reservation form. I was there with my mother. I had mentioned it again when I entered the restaurant, yet the waiter did not *do anything* for me. Sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightMrNMrsMDined on 9/12/2014The food was very good and the service even better. They kept our drink glasses full and were very quick to take care of any needs/ requests we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunitaDined on 9/7/2014I love this place I always recommend this restaurant to people, nice staff, good food, good prices and great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceHaroldDined on 8/30/2014We had a party of 6 and the service was great as well as the food.Special Features:
- Officialtaster1Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent dinner. Well executed service. A pleasure to dine there. We were early, so our table request for a view was unavailable. Will return and be on time! View table would be our choice.Special Features:
- Very disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014My family and friends were visiting the area and a friend recommended this restaurant. We figured it was a good restaurant since it is one of the restaurants of OpenTable.com. First of all, our party got seated half hour later than our reservation time. Once we got seated, there were missing chairs and table settings. Our drinks were served half hour after we placed the order and an hour for our food. The potatoes were cold, the sea bass were overcooked and one of our orders was missing. I complained to the manager but never got an apology. She suggested to give us some desserts but we refused it since we were there for over 2.5 hours and do not want to wait for another half hour. If you are hungry, do not come to this restaurant.
- Just one more great meal!SuzieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We eat there quite often and the service is always good and the food is great!Special Features:
- A Great Time!amadonDined on 8/8/2014Seems we always end up at this restaurant to celebrate someone's birthday. The food is always good, the service great and we ALWAYS have a good time with lots of laughs.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereEvaMDined on 8/8/2014We wanted to sit outside with the view of the water, but it was too warm. We went inside and are glad we did. The ambience was perfect for a birthday dinner. The staff were always more than friendly and made sure we got the utmost service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky eatersLulu70Dined on 7/27/2014We were on vacation in PS and the locals recommended this place. We have picky eaters in our group (3 fussy kids with special diets) and the server spoke to the chef and they accommodated each one of our kids. Food was very good. Portion sizes were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TaborLnTaborLnDined on 7/18/2014We have been there several times. It is always very good. I think we might have hit on an off night. Service was very friendly, but not very attentive to thing like keeping water glasses filled, asking twice for butter, etc. The food was fine. One of us asked for a turkey burger wrapped in lettuce, rather than having a bun. It came out as a turkey burger patty with lettuce on the side. Guess that was just too much of a stretch for the kitchen. It will always be a place where I am happy to take guests, especially those from out of town. I have many excellent visits to Acqua Pazza and to its sister, Lulu. I will certainly be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Great Happy Hour. Food was delicious and more than enough for dinner.Special Features:
- DependableFrequentOTuserVIPDined on 6/27/2014We dine here everytime we are in Palm Desert because of the large gluten free section of the menu. All the food is very good with friendly, attentative service.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor Dining ExperienceGirlsWeekendDiningDined on 6/21/2014Aqua is a great option due to it's varied menu that fits all tastes. The outdoor dining patio is great. They do have misters for the hot desert air. It is quieter and more intimate sitting outside, as compared to sitting inside that can get quite loud. It was very nice!Special Features:
- Well done, but loudTravelingTrioDined on 6/20/2014We had a medium size party, 6 people, and were hoping for a quieter part of the restaurant so we could talk. No luck with that, it was pretty noisy. Aside from that, the experience was very successful. Pleasant, attentive service and good, consistent food that was well-priced. We had been before, and we will go again. But I will probably avoid busy evenings, when the noise level is a bit much. In their defense, they had originally planned to put us in a booth near the hostess stand, but one of our group requested a table, which reduced their options at the last minute, and we ended up near the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findNASAmanDined on 6/18/2014In town visiting and looking for a place my daughter could eat (GF/vegetarian). This was a good find and no waiting. Service excellent, food good, choices good, great decor. Convenient to movie theatre too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Service PleaseCT00VIPDined on 6/17/2014Had a group of friends visiting, some from Hawaii and others from New York. While we did enjoy our time together at dinner, I have to say that service was very slow. Took a long time to get our dinner order in. Would appreciate more attentiveness next time.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencelovelydesertDined on 6/15/2014Went for brunch for Father's Day, and the menu was perfect. It had a variety of choices. We sat outside with fans and misting and felt very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time and mealGeoffSoCalDined on 6/15/2014Acqua Pazza has been a stop for us for a long time. We are never disappointed with either the service or the food. The ambiance and location are perfect to enjoy a view of the mountains.Special Features:
- Always accommodatingLavenderVIPDined on 6/14/2014We all 11 of us enjoyed outside dining They couldn't have been nicer to usSpecial Features:
- Service Staff Too ChattyembryoDined on 6/12/2014As always, the prefixe menu early bird menu includes your choice of three course items between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm. Today the place was almost empty at 4:00pm. The waitstaff were pleasant enough but were always conversing with one another instead of being attentive to the few patrons eating dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Very impresses with menu selections, food and service. Would definitely visit here again.Special Features:
- Great scenery & locationBOS2SANVIPDined on 6/8/2014Made a res for breakfast on Sunday morning. First time visiting and although the outdoor seating looked great, we chose to sit inside due to heat. My husband enjoyed his 3 egg meal stating it was just enough and the price was very reasonable. I chose to have the eggs benedict. Hollandaise sauce was very good, however a bit disappointed with the ham, which did not appear to be Canadian. I loved the fruit side dish I was able to substitute for the potatoes. Presentation was nice and all the fruit was very fresh! However, I did feel the dish was a bit pricey as was the mimosa. Service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good evening at the RiverfredinlbDined on 6/6/2014The overall experience was good and I know it is consistent in the food and service. It was a first meeting and we sat in the bar and it worked out perfect for the evening. It is unfortunate to walk around after dinner and most of the River complex is vacant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pet friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2014Several people brought their dogs to sit and have breakfast on the patio. The wait staff brought water for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueLocalDined on 5/31/2014Acqua Pazza is a great value for the money and the portions are big. One of our favorite spots in the Desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencePerfectDined on 5/29/2014Love Dining at Acqua Pazza. Always a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!MHenryDined on 5/25/2014Unique menu, great service, convenient location and nice ambience... Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Less than desirable.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/24/2014Food was not very good, it was very expensive for what we got, and our server didn't smile once! Would not recommend and would never go back!Special Features:
- The following 631 reviews are from the Acqua Pazza California Bistro reviews archive.
- Newly VegetarianOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/23/2014Finding it hard to find vegetarian items that don't appear as after thoughts to a restaurant's menu. This is not the case here as a separate vegetarian menu is provided to you. This is impressive, and gives couples a chance to dine in a vibrant stylish setting with healthy food choices. Good job!Special Features:
- livelyfoodie101Dined on 5/23/2014Food was very good as well as the service. We had the special 3 course meal and it was very good, especially the mushroom soup and desert.Special Features:
- love itdavidlosangelesDined on 5/17/2014I love this restaurant, good deal with 3 courses at almost $20, and the food is good, you don't have to wait to get your table, reservation is better, service is good, waiters always nice, it's always stressed-less to eat there,Special Features:
- first time for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/16/2014Have had dinner here a few times and like what I've chosen. The 3 course $19.95 special dinners are good. Lunch menu was large & I didn't like the lettuce wraps as large pieces of lettuce with separate bowl with mixture. Odd and not very tasty but other 3 friends enjoyed their meals.Special Features:
- Ladies Lunchronniem1971VIPDined on 5/15/2014My sister (visiting from NYC) and I met a girlfriend here for a nice nice afternoon and a very nice lunch. Waitress was friendly and accommodating. Food was (and is) consistently good. An enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningJayBillyDined on 5/12/2014The food was very good and it was extremely pleasant sitting outside with a view of the mountains. Try the gazpacho with shrimp and the lobster enchiladas. It's a great place to go before or after the movies which are right there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acqua Pazza ReviewSatisfiedDined on 5/10/2014We had 5 of us for a Mother's Day pre-lunch, ie, the day before Mother's Day. Our waiter was prompt and made some good suggestions re wine and food. The food, in particular, the corn chowder, was very tasty. We all had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot at The RiverBodhiMonkeyDined on 5/3/2014If you are looking for a great place in Rancho Mirage, try Acqua Pazza. Beautiful inside, fun outside on the patio by the water (with mountain views!) and to top it all off all the food I've tried is great. This last time I had the beef fillet and it was cooked perfectly (medium rare!) Looking for a casual spot? Stop in to the bar for cocktails and eat from the bar menu which is smaller than the main menu, but the items offered are about 2/3 the price of sitting in the main restaurant. All the staff are helpful and friendly. Don't want to drive all the way to Rancho Mirage if you are in Palm Springs? I have been told the Lulu on Palm Canyon is owned by the same folks and has the same in-bar deals. And the food and staff are just as great!Special Features:
- LovelyElizabethDined on 5/1/2014Enjoy that it overlooks the River. Food good, great ambience, interesting menu.Special Features:
- Excellent food, good serviceGreeneyedgirlVIPDined on 4/27/2014My fiancé and I were in town for a vacation and had heard good things about Acqua Pazza. We went for Sunday brunch and were not disappointed. We were lucky enough to get one of the outside tables near the pretty water feature, and enjoyed a leisurely brunch. The food and drinks were excellent, and the service was quite good, albeit a little slow. The waitress was, however, apologetic and clearly quite busy, and we did not particularly mind, since we were in no hurry at all. Overall, an excellent experience.Special Features: