Acqua Pazza California Bistro
71-800 Hwy 111
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Acqua Pazza California Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.acquapazzabistro.com/index.htm
- Phone: (760) 862-9800
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Acqua Pazza California Bistro
At Acqua Pazza, talent, expertise and a passion for great food combine to produce a captivating California Bistro dining experience. Our menu options are many, varied and value-priced, and the quality is always high. Our generous portions are prepared with the freshest ingredients available and a dash of innovation from our award-winning chefs. Freshly baked bread and decadent desserts are made in-house daily, and are perfectly complimented by a cappuccino, latte or an endless pot of coffee. At our "crazy-water" bar, we feature the desert's best Happy Hour – all-day, all-night, 12-hours long! Winner of 8 "Best of the Valley" awards in 2010 for Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner Deal, Family Restaurant, Continental Restaurant, Happy Hour, Outdoor Dining and Late Night Dining as well as Rancho Mirage Chamber of Commerce's prestigious "Rammy Award" in 2009 and 2010 for Exemplary Casual Dining, Acqua Pazza, California Bistro, promises to provide a most enjoyable dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Acqua Pazza California Bistro - Best Restaurants in Rancho Mirage ›
Acqua Pazza California Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (59)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (25)scenic view (24)vibrant bar scene (19)special occasion (17)romantic (16)hot spot (15)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (12)Show More
- TonyVIPDined on 11/19/2014We have eaten at Acqua Pazza many times and always enjoyed it. But I was a little disappointed. I ordered Lasagna. To my disappointment it came to me with half red sauce and half white sauce. Nowhere on the menu to did it say that was how the Lasagna would be served. I think the server should have mentioned that so I could have either said I want either all red or all white or half and half.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experienceDianaDined on 11/19/2014We have scheduled our yearly tennis luncheon on patio for the last couple of years. Always had a good experience until this year. Food quality was poor. My entire Cesar salad was made with brown wilted lettuce. By the time waitress came back to table so salad could be sent back, too late to reorder. Group was almost done eating. I was still charged for the 10.00 salad. I paid, only because I didn't want to spoil luncheon for everyone, although later, several of the group discussed the poor food quality and service.
- Great PlaceTerryDined on 11/16/2014Always find this one of the best in the Desert. Great bargain. Good service. Have a varied gluten free menu. Also very accommodating for special needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfect!nwloverDined on 11/16/2014We love everything and always take out of town guests, excellent venue in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteMikeewardDined on 11/10/2014Every time we visit the Palm Springs area we take time to visit Aqua Pazza. The food is reliably good both in quality and portion, and the price reasonable. It is probably our favorite restaurant in the regionSpecial Features:
- Terrible ServiceDinerDined on 11/9/2014Food great! Service terrible! Busboy was more attentive than waiter.Special Features:
- Good foodNoneDined on 11/7/2014The food is very good, the service is also good but the noise level is too loud. Also parking is a nightmare but then it is the same for all the other businesses in the same mall.Special Features:
- Nice Meal Dealsbobbyb09VIPDined on 11/4/2014We had dinner here and the $19.99 3 course feast menu is a great bargain. We started with a caesar salad, which was cold and crisp. Next I had the lasagna bolognese which comes with a very tasty sausage on top of a large serving of the lasagna. Daughter had the lobster ravioli. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Desert wasn't much but at that point, we were too stuffed to eat much else. Service was decent, not great. We had to ask for rolls with our meal but they were very good sourdough rolls, served warm. Cost for the two of us was $55, including tax and tip. We ate outdoors in a pretty setting and I recommend giving this place a try, especially if there are things on their feast menu that are appealing to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocureTickenofftwinDined on 11/2/2014Our waiter was very polite and attentive but we had to ask for everything, salt, mustard, ketchup, water. I think he was overextended. My husband and I had the Kobe Beef Burger (carb free) served medium. Hard to believe it was Kobe beef, it was dry and drier on the edges. They gave us each almost a whole head of lettuce to wrap the burger in, there was no room on the plate, no condiments at all. Mushroom soup was thick ang glutenous. Too much competition out there to serve food like this.Special Features:
- Usual Desert FavoriteTunaFanVIPDined on 10/28/2014Always enjoy Acqua Pazza -- a favorite spot to bring out-of-town guests as it is different than the usual places to eat with a nice water feature making you feel like you are on a lake. Food is always good but my last meal wasn't that good. I had a turkey burger that tasted very processed. Server said veggies on the side but I got lettuce (a salad) with a half head of iceberg and sliced tomatoes (low carb request) but the plate arrived and you couldn't even find the burger as the size of the iceberg covered it. Maybe it should have the burger on top of the lettuce? It just looked weird.Special Features:
- Excelent as usualDewolfpVIPDined on 10/21/2014This restaurant offers excellent food and service at very reasonable prices and all in a great outdoor setting.Special Features:
- who's waiting here?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food was good prices not bad but we waited for water and coffee. .... the asst waiter starting clearing while we were still chatting. I felt he was rushing us.Special Features:
- How many times do you have to ask?caseysmomVIPDined on 10/18/2014Asked several times for bread while server brought bread to tables around us. Mangaer siad "We usually don't offer bread at lunch" even though the lunch menu has full plated entrees!Special Features:
- Tony Redman's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I had requested a bottle of champagne at the table before we arrived for the aweeee effect . I was impressed with Patty , the front of desk as she mad sure the bottle was there when we arrived . The food was great . I am happy to see the seafood chowder back as soup choices. I had the lobster salad and it was great as always , Tony loves the meatloaf and he had that again and the ladies both had the salmon, which they loved as well. The tuna tower appetizer was fresh and delicious. Overall a great experience. Nice touch the complimentary creme brûlée for the birthday.our server was great too. Very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful cuisineSonnysYummysDined on 10/5/2014A very nice restaurant located at "The River" mall. We enjoyed every course, but the chocolate mousse cake was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely and yummy!MarriedonaDateDined on 9/26/2014So calming to watch the ripples in the water as you munch. I lucked out and ordered the pork chop. It was literally the best I've ever had! (Huge, to boot.) The three course deal was ... a deal. Really enjo9yed (in spite of cranky 7 year old.) Excellent service as wel. Patient with Mr. Cranky Pants as well. We were travelling, otherwise this would become a regular hangout!Special Features:
- Great placeluv2dineDined on 9/23/2014This was a great dining experience it was reasonably priced. I liked how the waiter recommended the best dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicerbon17Dined on 9/20/2014Very pleased with the wait staff. Very attentive to our group. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OKGSAMBCDined on 9/19/2014My party of four felt this restaurant to be too noisy. We all agreed that their sister restaurant LULU'S in Downtown Palm Springs is by far THE place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Late Dinner, But...goodfoodjunkieDined on 9/13/2014Thought the restaurant was very pretty sitting outside looking at the water. Would be better if not having to listen to and look at all the traffic zooming by in the foreground. How about putting some tall hedges along the property to block that view? I was VERY DISAPPOINTED that nobody acknowledged that this was a SPECIAL OCCASION--my birthday!!! Which I had noted on the reservation form. I was there with my mother. I had mentioned it again when I entered the restaurant, yet the waiter did not *do anything* for me. Sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightMrNMrsMDined on 9/12/2014The food was very good and the service even better. They kept our drink glasses full and were very quick to take care of any needs/ requests we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunitaDined on 9/7/2014I love this place I always recommend this restaurant to people, nice staff, good food, good prices and great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceHaroldDined on 8/30/2014We had a party of 6 and the service was great as well as the food.Special Features:
- Officialtaster1Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent dinner. Well executed service. A pleasure to dine there. We were early, so our table request for a view was unavailable. Will return and be on time! View table would be our choice.Special Features:
- Very disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014My family and friends were visiting the area and a friend recommended this restaurant. We figured it was a good restaurant since it is one of the restaurants of OpenTable.com. First of all, our party got seated half hour later than our reservation time. Once we got seated, there were missing chairs and table settings. Our drinks were served half hour after we placed the order and an hour for our food. The potatoes were cold, the sea bass were overcooked and one of our orders was missing. I complained to the manager but never got an apology. She suggested to give us some desserts but we refused it since we were there for over 2.5 hours and do not want to wait for another half hour. If you are hungry, do not come to this restaurant.
- Just one more great meal!SuzieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We eat there quite often and the service is always good and the food is great!Special Features:
- A Great Time!amadonDined on 8/8/2014Seems we always end up at this restaurant to celebrate someone's birthday. The food is always good, the service great and we ALWAYS have a good time with lots of laughs.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereEvaMDined on 8/8/2014We wanted to sit outside with the view of the water, but it was too warm. We went inside and are glad we did. The ambience was perfect for a birthday dinner. The staff were always more than friendly and made sure we got the utmost service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 652 reviews are from the Acqua Pazza California Bistro reviews archive.
- Picky eatersLulu70Dined on 7/27/2014We were on vacation in PS and the locals recommended this place. We have picky eaters in our group (3 fussy kids with special diets) and the server spoke to the chef and they accommodated each one of our kids. Food was very good. Portion sizes were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TaborLnTaborLnVIPDined on 7/18/2014We have been there several times. It is always very good. I think we might have hit on an off night. Service was very friendly, but not very attentive to thing like keeping water glasses filled, asking twice for butter, etc. The food was fine. One of us asked for a turkey burger wrapped in lettuce, rather than having a bun. It came out as a turkey burger patty with lettuce on the side. Guess that was just too much of a stretch for the kitchen. It will always be a place where I am happy to take guests, especially those from out of town. I have many excellent visits to Acqua Pazza and to its sister, Lulu. I will certainly be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Great Happy Hour. Food was delicious and more than enough for dinner.Special Features:
- DependableFrequentOTuserVIPDined on 6/27/2014We dine here everytime we are in Palm Desert because of the large gluten free section of the menu. All the food is very good with friendly, attentative service.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor Dining ExperienceGirlsWeekendDiningDined on 6/21/2014Aqua is a great option due to it's varied menu that fits all tastes. The outdoor dining patio is great. They do have misters for the hot desert air. It is quieter and more intimate sitting outside, as compared to sitting inside that can get quite loud. It was very nice!Special Features:
- Well done, but loudTravelingTrioDined on 6/20/2014We had a medium size party, 6 people, and were hoping for a quieter part of the restaurant so we could talk. No luck with that, it was pretty noisy. Aside from that, the experience was very successful. Pleasant, attentive service and good, consistent food that was well-priced. We had been before, and we will go again. But I will probably avoid busy evenings, when the noise level is a bit much. In their defense, they had originally planned to put us in a booth near the hostess stand, but one of our group requested a table, which reduced their options at the last minute, and we ended up near the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findNASAmanDined on 6/18/2014In town visiting and looking for a place my daughter could eat (GF/vegetarian). This was a good find and no waiting. Service excellent, food good, choices good, great decor. Convenient to movie theatre too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Service PleaseCT00VIPDined on 6/17/2014Had a group of friends visiting, some from Hawaii and others from New York. While we did enjoy our time together at dinner, I have to say that service was very slow. Took a long time to get our dinner order in. Would appreciate more attentiveness next time.Special Features:
- Good Food and WineHelmHoffVIPDined on 6/16/2014My phone had a difficult time finding this place, however, once we finally made it to the restaurant we were very happy with the service and food. One thing to note is that on Monday it's 1/2 price bottle of wine night.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencelovelydesertVIPDined on 6/15/2014Went for brunch for Father's Day, and the menu was perfect. It had a variety of choices. We sat outside with fans and misting and felt very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time and mealGeoffSoCalDined on 6/15/2014Acqua Pazza has been a stop for us for a long time. We are never disappointed with either the service or the food. The ambiance and location are perfect to enjoy a view of the mountains.Special Features:
- Always accommodatingLavenderVIPDined on 6/14/2014We all 11 of us enjoyed outside dining They couldn't have been nicer to usSpecial Features: