Acqua Pazza California Bistro
71-800 Hwy 111
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Acqua Pazza California Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.acquapazzabistro.com/index.htm
- Phone: 7608629800
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Acqua Pazza California Bistro
At Acqua Pazza, talent, expertise and a passion for great food combine to produce a captivating California Bistro dining experience. Our menu options are many, varied and value-priced, and the quality is always high. Our generous portions are prepared with the freshest ingredients available and a dash of innovation from our award-winning chefs. Freshly baked bread and decadent desserts are made in-house daily, and are perfectly complimented by a cappuccino, latte or an endless pot of coffee. At our "crazy-water" bar, we feature the desert's best Happy Hour – all-day, all-night, 12-hours long! Winner of 8 "Best of the Valley" awards in 2010 for Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner Deal, Family Restaurant, Continental Restaurant, Happy Hour, Outdoor Dining and Late Night Dining as well as Rancho Mirage Chamber of Commerce's prestigious "Rammy Award" in 2009 and 2010 for Exemplary Casual Dining, Acqua Pazza, California Bistro, promises to provide a most enjoyable dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Acqua Pazza California Bistro - Best Restaurants in Rancho Mirage ›
Acqua Pazza California Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (33)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (22)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (18)fit for foodies (18)vibrant bar scene (15)scenic view (14)hot spot (12)notable wine list (10)romantic (10)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (6)Show More
- Tony Redman's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I had requested a bottle of champagne at the table before we arrived for the aweeee effect . I was impressed with Patty , the front of desk as she mad sure the bottle was there when we arrived . The food was great . I am happy to see the seafood chowder back as soup choices. I had the lobster salad and it was great as always , Tony loves the meatloaf and he had that again and the ladies both had the salmon, which they loved as well. The tuna tower appetizer was fresh and delicious. Overall a great experience. Nice touch the complimentary creme brûlée for the birthday.our server was great too. Very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful cuisineSonnysYummysDined on 10/5/2014A very nice restaurant located at "The River" mall. We enjoyed every course, but the chocolate mousse cake was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely and yummy!MarriedonaDateDined on 9/26/2014So calming to watch the ripples in the water as you munch. I lucked out and ordered the pork chop. It was literally the best I've ever had! (Huge, to boot.) The three course deal was ... a deal. Really enjo9yed (in spite of cranky 7 year old.) Excellent service as wel. Patient with Mr. Cranky Pants as well. We were travelling, otherwise this would become a regular hangout!Special Features:
- Great placeluv2dineDined on 9/23/2014This was a great dining experience it was reasonably priced. I liked how the waiter recommended the best dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicerbon17Dined on 9/20/2014Very pleased with the wait staff. Very attentive to our group. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OKGSAMBCDined on 9/19/2014My party of four felt this restaurant to be too noisy. We all agreed that their sister restaurant LULU'S in Downtown Palm Springs is by far THE place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Late Dinner, But...goodfoodjunkieDined on 9/13/2014Thought the restaurant was very pretty sitting outside looking at the water. Would be better if not having to listen to and look at all the traffic zooming by in the foreground. How about putting some tall hedges along the property to block that view? I was VERY DISAPPOINTED that nobody acknowledged that this was a SPECIAL OCCASION--my birthday!!! Which I had noted on the reservation form. I was there with my mother. I had mentioned it again when I entered the restaurant, yet the waiter did not *do anything* for me. Sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightMrNMrsMDined on 9/12/2014The food was very good and the service even better. They kept our drink glasses full and were very quick to take care of any needs/ requests we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunitaDined on 9/7/2014I love this place I always recommend this restaurant to people, nice staff, good food, good prices and great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceHaroldDined on 8/30/2014We had a party of 6 and the service was great as well as the food.Special Features:
- Officialtaster1Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent dinner. Well executed service. A pleasure to dine there. We were early, so our table request for a view was unavailable. Will return and be on time! View table would be our choice.Special Features:
- Very disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014My family and friends were visiting the area and a friend recommended this restaurant. We figured it was a good restaurant since it is one of the restaurants of OpenTable.com. First of all, our party got seated half hour later than our reservation time. Once we got seated, there were missing chairs and table settings. Our drinks were served half hour after we placed the order and an hour for our food. The potatoes were cold, the sea bass were overcooked and one of our orders was missing. I complained to the manager but never got an apology. She suggested to give us some desserts but we refused it since we were there for over 2.5 hours and do not want to wait for another half hour. If you are hungry, do not come to this restaurant.
- Just one more great meal!SuzieVIPDined on 8/16/2014We eat there quite often and the service is always good and the food is great!Special Features:
- A Great Time!amadonDined on 8/8/2014Seems we always end up at this restaurant to celebrate someone's birthday. The food is always good, the service great and we ALWAYS have a good time with lots of laughs.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereEvaMDined on 8/8/2014We wanted to sit outside with the view of the water, but it was too warm. We went inside and are glad we did. The ambience was perfect for a birthday dinner. The staff were always more than friendly and made sure we got the utmost service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky eatersLulu70Dined on 7/27/2014We were on vacation in PS and the locals recommended this place. We have picky eaters in our group (3 fussy kids with special diets) and the server spoke to the chef and they accommodated each one of our kids. Food was very good. Portion sizes were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TaborLnTaborLnDined on 7/18/2014We have been there several times. It is always very good. I think we might have hit on an off night. Service was very friendly, but not very attentive to thing like keeping water glasses filled, asking twice for butter, etc. The food was fine. One of us asked for a turkey burger wrapped in lettuce, rather than having a bun. It came out as a turkey burger patty with lettuce on the side. Guess that was just too much of a stretch for the kitchen. It will always be a place where I am happy to take guests, especially those from out of town. I have many excellent visits to Acqua Pazza and to its sister, Lulu. I will certainly be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Great Happy Hour. Food was delicious and more than enough for dinner.Special Features:
- DependableFrequentOTuserVIPDined on 6/27/2014We dine here everytime we are in Palm Desert because of the large gluten free section of the menu. All the food is very good with friendly, attentative service.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor Dining ExperienceGirlsWeekendDiningDined on 6/21/2014Aqua is a great option due to it's varied menu that fits all tastes. The outdoor dining patio is great. They do have misters for the hot desert air. It is quieter and more intimate sitting outside, as compared to sitting inside that can get quite loud. It was very nice!Special Features:
- The following 647 reviews are from the Acqua Pazza California Bistro reviews archive.
- Well done, but loudTravelingTrioDined on 6/20/2014We had a medium size party, 6 people, and were hoping for a quieter part of the restaurant so we could talk. No luck with that, it was pretty noisy. Aside from that, the experience was very successful. Pleasant, attentive service and good, consistent food that was well-priced. We had been before, and we will go again. But I will probably avoid busy evenings, when the noise level is a bit much. In their defense, they had originally planned to put us in a booth near the hostess stand, but one of our group requested a table, which reduced their options at the last minute, and we ended up near the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findNASAmanDined on 6/18/2014In town visiting and looking for a place my daughter could eat (GF/vegetarian). This was a good find and no waiting. Service excellent, food good, choices good, great decor. Convenient to movie theatre too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Service PleaseCT00VIPDined on 6/17/2014Had a group of friends visiting, some from Hawaii and others from New York. While we did enjoy our time together at dinner, I have to say that service was very slow. Took a long time to get our dinner order in. Would appreciate more attentiveness next time.Special Features:
- Good Food and WineHelmHoffVIPDined on 6/16/2014My phone had a difficult time finding this place, however, once we finally made it to the restaurant we were very happy with the service and food. One thing to note is that on Monday it's 1/2 price bottle of wine night.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencelovelydesertDined on 6/15/2014Went for brunch for Father's Day, and the menu was perfect. It had a variety of choices. We sat outside with fans and misting and felt very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time and mealGeoffSoCalDined on 6/15/2014Acqua Pazza has been a stop for us for a long time. We are never disappointed with either the service or the food. The ambiance and location are perfect to enjoy a view of the mountains.Special Features:
- Always accommodatingLavenderVIPDined on 6/14/2014We all 11 of us enjoyed outside dining They couldn't have been nicer to usSpecial Features:
- Service Staff Too ChattyembryoDined on 6/12/2014As always, the prefixe menu early bird menu includes your choice of three course items between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm. Today the place was almost empty at 4:00pm. The waitstaff were pleasant enough but were always conversing with one another instead of being attentive to the few patrons eating dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Very impresses with menu selections, food and service. Would definitely visit here again.Special Features:
- Great scenery & locationBOS2SANVIPDined on 6/8/2014Made a res for breakfast on Sunday morning. First time visiting and although the outdoor seating looked great, we chose to sit inside due to heat. My husband enjoyed his 3 egg meal stating it was just enough and the price was very reasonable. I chose to have the eggs benedict. Hollandaise sauce was very good, however a bit disappointed with the ham, which did not appear to be Canadian. I loved the fruit side dish I was able to substitute for the potatoes. Presentation was nice and all the fruit was very fresh! However, I did feel the dish was a bit pricey as was the mimosa. Service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good evening at the RiverfredinlbDined on 6/6/2014The overall experience was good and I know it is consistent in the food and service. It was a first meeting and we sat in the bar and it worked out perfect for the evening. It is unfortunate to walk around after dinner and most of the River complex is vacant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pet friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2014Several people brought their dogs to sit and have breakfast on the patio. The wait staff brought water for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueLocalDined on 5/31/2014Acqua Pazza is a great value for the money and the portions are big. One of our favorite spots in the Desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencePerfectDined on 5/29/2014Love Dining at Acqua Pazza. Always a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!MHenryDined on 5/25/2014Unique menu, great service, convenient location and nice ambience... Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Less than desirable.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/24/2014Food was not very good, it was very expensive for what we got, and our server didn't smile once! Would not recommend and would never go back!Special Features:
- Newly VegetarianOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/23/2014Finding it hard to find vegetarian items that don't appear as after thoughts to a restaurant's menu. This is not the case here as a separate vegetarian menu is provided to you. This is impressive, and gives couples a chance to dine in a vibrant stylish setting with healthy food choices. Good job!Special Features:
- livelyfoodie101Dined on 5/23/2014Food was very good as well as the service. We had the special 3 course meal and it was very good, especially the mushroom soup and desert.Special Features:
- love itdavidlosangelesDined on 5/17/2014I love this restaurant, good deal with 3 courses at almost $20, and the food is good, you don't have to wait to get your table, reservation is better, service is good, waiters always nice, it's always stressed-less to eat there,Special Features:
- first time for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/16/2014Have had dinner here a few times and like what I've chosen. The 3 course $19.95 special dinners are good. Lunch menu was large & I didn't like the lettuce wraps as large pieces of lettuce with separate bowl with mixture. Odd and not very tasty but other 3 friends enjoyed their meals.Special Features: