Acqua - NYC
718 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Acqua - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sebastianoitaliano.com/acqua.html
- Phone: 2122222752
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00 PM - 11:30 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sebastiano Cappitta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Come for a romantic dinner to celebrate Valentine's day with your very special one and enjoy our Special Valentine's menu with a glass of champagne and dessert.
- Cross Street: 95th St.
- Public Transit: Acqua is located at 718 Amsterdam Avenue, at 95th Street. To reach the restaurant by subway, take the 1, 2, 3, C, or B train to 96th Street and walk to Amsterdam Avenue.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking and two Parking Garage on 95th Street
A word from Acqua - NYC
Acqua serves simple, fresh Italian food in a comfortable, neighborhood setting. Our menu includes classic antipasti, paste, and secondi, as well as light, thin-crust pizzas from our traditional wood-burning oven. We offer daily specials—many of them seafood, as our name suggests—and an intriguing selection of Italian wines by the glass and bottle. Our friendly staff welcomes parties of all sizes, from a romantic dinner for two to a casual family meal to a festive large gathering. We hope you will join us soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acqua - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (6)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Acqua, againOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014Acqua is a consistently good restaurant. The food is consistently up to, or above par. What made my last visit even moe pleasing was the absence of noise; a slow night and eating outside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllieDined on 8/15/2014If you have a ticket from Symphony Space, you get a free glass of wine with dinner! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soNanaDined on 7/24/2014Was disappointed with the food. Service was great. Sweet server!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014The food is good and worth trying but the service is inconsistent. If the restaurant is crowded, expect a long wait for food and disorganized process for bringing out the courses. Some dishes came too early, others too late. They need a better process for handling busy nights.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatKickedoutDined on 7/1/2014Amazing food, amazing atmosphere. Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lightfootlightfootVIPDined on 6/9/2014Respectable Italian fare. Chef cares about presentation. Fish portions can be small though, but very flavorfulSpecial Features:
- TWO THUMBS WAY UP!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014EVERYTHING about Acqua is absolutely fantastic. I took my mother, who was visiting NYC for her first time, to Acqua for a late dinner. Upon arrival, the owner/manager greeted us with a warm Italian welcome. We were promptly seated and each offered a celebratory glass of Prosecco (because it was my mom's first time in the city). We ordered a bottle of wine, which was excellent (especially at a $40 price point), we had the calamari for an appetizer and two pastas as our entrées. Everything came out at the ideal pace. The food was absolutely delicious and the portions were a good size. Our server, Sammy, was excellent. He was attentive and kind and had a great attitude. The atmosphere was chic, welcoming and relaxed. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 128 reviews are from the Acqua - NYC reviews archive.
- babyVIPDined on 4/26/2014This was one of the worst dining experiences I have ever had. The noise level was unbearable, my husband and I had to yell at each other across the table to hear each other. The food was terrible, our table was in a direct line to the kitchen and restrooms, they had no other table available, said they were reserved, we had a reservation as well. I would never, never go back to that place again. They had 2 large parties that took over most of the restaurant, so only had 2 or 3 tables for other patrons, they should have closed the restaurant to outsiders.
- Great place to go!ZimmiDined on 4/13/2014Great location, great food, great service! What more can I say! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to the Branzino?marydancerDined on 4/11/2014This has been my "Go To" Italian restaurant. I was very disappointed with the Branzino, which I've ordered 3 times in the past. Previously, a thick (about 1" high), moist piece of fish was served. Tonight it was barely 1/4" thick and very dry. Don't know what's happened there….Special Features:
- A Nice SpotPhilDined on 4/5/2014I like it. The food was good & the atmosphere was vibrantSpecial Features:
- Always Good.djl91Dined on 3/14/2014I have been eating at Acqua for at least 10 years and I have never been served a bad meal or even anything I thought was lazily prepared. The food is distinctly Southern Mediterranean and they do fish as well as anyone. There have been many times when I visited Acqua 4 times in a month because I found the food to be better (and cheaper) than any other place in the neighborhood. Go and see for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant near Symphony SpaceStafVIPDined on 2/16/2014We enjoyed a very nice meal with our family. They have a nice looking brick oven, although we didn't have pizza this night. We enjoyed our meal very much.Special Features:
- Perfect place for lunch. PrixOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/5/2014Perfect place for lunch. Prix fix menu and perfectly acceptable house wine for $5 by the glass! Wood fire oven not only used for cooking but gives it great ambiance. I had delicious calamari, my partner had an interesting salad. Definitely plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood SpotdwgmontclairDined on 1/17/2014Nice small neighborhood spot convenient to Symphony Space. Six of us ate there prior to a concert. The food was good, not great. The staff was welcoming and the service was prompt and friendly. I wouldn't call it a fine dining experience, but as a place to go with friends and have a good meal at reasonable prices without feeling rushed it was perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Symphony Space.NancyDined on 12/31/2013Neighborhood gem. Food delicious and good value. Close to 1,2,3 subway. Nice spot to meet neighborhood friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near Symphony SpacesnoopsisterDined on 12/31/2013A simple Italian, neighborhood trattoria. The service was very slow. The menu is limited but there are enough choices for any taste. Stick to the simpler things. The pastas are good. The wine choices are fine with a moderate (not skimpy) pour and desserts are the usual. If you are in the Broadway and 95th street area, this place is certainly an option.Special Features:
- Good food, reasonable pricesBeckyDined on 12/18/2013The food was good. Waitstaff was friendly but not terribly efficient. A couple of mistakes in the order were made but corrected. Unfortunately, the only table that was available for our group of 7 was underneath the air conditioning and heating vents and we were subjected to extreme heat and then cold during the entire meal. I don't know if we had been seated elsewhere would we have been subjected to the same conditions. I will ask next time I make a reservation. The restaurant is worth returning to as the food was good, reasonably priced and in a good location for parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood ItalianUpperWestSiderVIPDined on 11/23/2013Nice antipasto, excellent mushroom pappardelle, undistinguished clam linguine. Service friendly but very slow. Pleasant place if you're in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Poor serviceJulesDined on 11/16/2013Food was decent--nothing spectacular, but good enough. The service was very poor. Our muscled waiter was more interested in texting and flirting with female customers to pay attention to the couple in the corner. In fact, we had just ordered our entrees and wanted a glass of wine...tried to flag his attention for a good five minutes, before the busboy noticed. The waiter sauntered over phone in hand and asked, "check?". Um, why would we want the check after just ordering dinner? Pay attention.
- Pleasant surprise as it hadOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/6/2013Pleasant surprise as it had been picked for convenience to Symphony Space. Nice choices, friendly and efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FavoritemarydancerDined on 10/30/2013Love the branzino and the mushroom tagliatelle. Consistently good food. Service good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Solid ChoiceWhatDoIKnowVIPDined on 10/25/2013The food is decent and there is a quality ambiance.Special Features:
- Consistentso2muchVIPDined on 10/20/2013The branzino is absolutely Devine. I haven't been able to order anything else!I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostly good, but mixedsusiQDined on 10/14/2013Lovely food, nice portions, but disorganized and with wait staff who NEVER look up. You can't get their attention when you need something. When asked to bring menus, the waiter brought one for 4 of us with no explanation. When asked for water he brought one glass, never asked to see who else wanted besides the person who actually asked....... basic stuff like that. Otherwise, everyone was nice, just not too swift on the service details...Special Features:
- Plain old GOOD !!!PokeVIPDined on 10/14/2013Nothing fancy, but so delicious. Really wonderful pizzas straight from the wood burning fire. Excellent fried artichokes and beautiful salads. The price is right and it's such good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a large groupRebeccaNJVIPDined on 10/5/2013Went on a recent Saturday night with a group of 11 people. The staff was incredibly nice and handled all of our special requests beautifully. They were also very considerate of other diners by placing our group off to the side. The food was excellent. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not waste your time or moneyAllyVIPDined on 9/16/2013The half empty restaurant should have been the first clue. We were served the wrong appetizer. The veal was inedible, couldn't be cut with a knife-we sent it back. The manager never came over to inquire about anything!
- poor serviceLynneVIPDined on 9/12/2013At a time that the restaurant was slow, the service was slow, had to hound for the food, AND, it came incorrectly !!! This is a surprise as it never happened before and I hope does not happen again !!!Special Features:
- a gemLynneVIPDined on 9/7/2013pleasant, quiet, initimate sopt...just right to be in the moment with another friendSpecial Features:
- Excellent findShelleyDined on 8/31/2013We found this restaurant through Open Table while spending a weekend in the city. We had chicken Marsala and Linguini with seafood. It was a great meal and the only slow part of our service was getting the check. Needless to say we did not feel rushed. we will return.Special Features:
- neighborhood findLynneVIPDined on 8/21/2013It is one of the most inexpensive, unassuming restaurants on the UWS...good food, good character, & kind service... a hidden treasure !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night to SalivateItalianLoverDined on 8/20/2013Service was spectacular & the ambiance great for a date or just a fun night out with friends. Very good food at a reasonable price point. Can't go wrong with their own brick oven thin crust pizza, delicious pastas, or sensational entree choices. This restaurant is a staple of mine. They are very accommodating and kind about dietary restrictions as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday eveningrfhbdayDined on 7/30/2013Acqua on a Tuesday evening confirmed my idea that it was a neighborhood-focused place. This is a place to sit and talk or watch the world go by on a warm nyc evening. In true Italian style the waiter let us take as much time as we wanted to order. The next table over was friendly folks from the neighborhood. When the staff found it was my birthday they found ways to make it a memorable, beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acqua on the cornerBrooklyn57Dined on 7/13/2013We've been to Acqua three times, one with a large party, one with a smaller group, and this week with another couple. We've found our place. The staff are real people. The food is delicious. The decor is lovely and modern. Breezes come in through the open doors. It is not air cooled, but has overhead fans. It is a touch of Europe on the UWS. Prices are reasonable for the care given to the food. Wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch tooBartonKeyesVIPDined on 6/13/2013I've been here many times but never for lunch. It turns out that while they have an extensive menu the prix fixe is a particularly good deal at lunch time; I especially recommend the chicken toscana. At lunch on a weekday there was hardly anyone here so this would be a good place for a casual business meeting, as this was (easy to hear the people you're with).Special Features:
- Great neighborhood ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2013Great classic Italian food in a nice neighborhood setting. Tasty salad special, excellent lasagne and healthy portions. The weather was perfect for sitting outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group luncheon destinationluvoystersDined on 5/20/2013We had a family group of 12 looking for a great place on the upper west side for lunch. Acqua fit the bill! The pizzas were fabulous and the other lunch dishes were excellent too. They did a good job of serving everyone in a timely manner. The front and sides open onto the street since it's on the corner, making a rather small place seem spacious, and allowing lots of fresh air in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and quaint, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2013Friendly and quaint, excellent pasta and wine list.
- We went there for a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013We went there for a Sunday lunch and was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was and the value of the meal. The brick oven pizza was excellent as was that pasta dishes. Definitely on the list to return once again.Special Features: