9 Great Jones St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://acmenyc.com/
- Phone: 212-203-2121
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 6pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 6pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Acme
Acme serves locally-sourced, seasonal New American Fare with Nordic accents in a casual bistro setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acme reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (83)hot spot (43)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (32)good for groups (31)special occasion (27)late-night find (24)romantic (23)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A bit dissapointetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Overall a ok experience. But it startet bad with a bartender with a really bad attitude. The food was okay, the drinks not really good and the wine tasted totally different from what our waiter told us it would taste like (he offered to change it though). The bar downstairs was vibrant and good.Special Features:
- tastyDined on 10/12/2014Amazing food....genius chef.....stunning atmosphere !!!!!Special Features:
- The best food in my life!!TheOnionFromSwedenDined on 10/12/2014The combination of different tastes was the best ever in my life...and even for my friend. He was extremly happy!! It was a problem for me with your first question....i will give Acme at least 6 stars (they are one star better than the rest of the world) for their food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Nordic in NYDanishfoodiesDined on 10/11/2014Great New Nordic food with a NY touch. We had the full menu and enjoyed it. Great atmosphere. Service was friendly and attentive - but way too fast leaving us very little time to digest each dish, had to ask the waiter to slow down the pace. Good wine list, but our waiter had very little knowledge of the wines and had to ask a head waiter. Overall a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantasticLizapieDined on 10/11/2014Had an amazing dinner here ! The waiters are fantastic (classy, warm, attentive), the food is creative, delicious and quite remarkable and the vibe is trendy and unpretentious. Our waiter Joe made an effort with my citrus food allergy. Acme is a great place for a special, fun night out. I will recommend it to friends visiting from out of town and the locals who haven't experienced it yet. Try the foie gras.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't....GargantuaDined on 10/10/2014Service is good. Management attitude is bad. Food nothing special with out any surprises in any of the plates ordered. Wine is expensive.
- JJNYCVIPDined on 10/9/2014Delicious food and a vibrant scene with attentive service, even with a full restaurant. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonVIPDined on 10/9/2014What a fabulous place. The menu is inventively different than any place else I've been. Food combinations seem almost bizarre, yet, it Works....Extremely Well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gemnotor44VIPDined on 10/7/2014I had to make last minute reservations for clients and this night couldn't have been better. Excellent food all around great to bring a large group and have tapas.Special Features:
- exceptionalmpm3Dined on 10/2/2014we ate close to 10 dishes and each one was dead on. the sensibilities of the person creating this food are tremendous. the only minor deficit is that there is nothing largely green - not a side or a real salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acme is BETTER THAN EVER!!4thGenNewYorkerVIPDined on 10/1/2014One rarely thinks that a great restaurant will actually keep evolving and improving three years after its launch, but that is exactly what the Acme team has done! An outstanding dining experience on every level! A grand slam home run!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Bartender RussellAtlantaDined on 9/27/2014We had reservations at Stanton Social. It was horribly loud& we left. Quickly went to open table got reservations at Acme. It saved the day. All the staff were delightful. Was seated at the Bar, Russell took great care& was very knowledgable about Mezcal.Food was magic, my fish was amazing (how did they do it!). Really brilliant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really impressed!Luv2trynewthingsVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was fantastic. Loved the vibe. Comfortable/chic. Definitely going back!!Special Features:
- Wow!AldertDined on 9/25/2014In a relaxed, chilled ambiance with efficiënt and very friendly service we experienced a more then great dinner! Wow! Chef Mads Refslund serves very creative dishes, all locally sourced with some spectacular combinations of ingredients.All works perfectly. Great place for foodies and also for vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodJonnaDined on 9/20/2014The food was amazing, best meal in NYC. the cocktails are not near the food standard, next time i will go with beer or wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huh? Anchovie,Cauliflower &EggplantTongnCheekDined on 9/19/2014That pretty much somes up this place. Went there for our anniversary and we had the $38 Johnny Cakes with pork shoulder that included condiments such as the above. The result? I've had better $2 carnitas tacos. Appetizers include culinary fiascos such as foie gras with langoustine and smoked fish tacos. Underwhelming to just gross. The insanity continues to the dessert menu which includes a chantily mushroom tart, chocolate with sunchokes and beet granita. LOL. Place tries way to be hard to be "different" and ends up being, at best, "meh". Service was great...no complaints there whatsoever. Hype is heavy for this place...don't fall for it...you can do better.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Had to wait 40 min past reservation time to be seatedSpecial Features:
- Used to be betterBrazilianFoodieDined on 9/7/2014Last year, in March I went to NY and visited sereval restaurants and at ACME I had the best experience for the whole week. The food was awasome. This week I've decided to visit it again, waiting for the same experience, but in fact I was kind of desapointed because the food It was not as good as used to be one year ago.Special Features:
- Good ambiance but...Mar01Dined on 9/6/2014Very polite waaiters and service in the restaurant , nice ambiance and average food . When we left we had to wait for a car to pick us. , and had lawsy episode with the doorman who wanted us to leave the premises asap in very bad manners .
- Great nordic++ cuisine experienceDaneEatingInNYCDined on 9/6/2014We had a blast that night where we started out with a grandiose cocktail and then ordered 7 or 8 different things. Eventhough we are used to eat well and rather experimental we were astonished bythe creativity, quality and extreme tasteful dishes. Definitely a place we will visit again next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDine4luvDined on 9/6/2014Fantastic restaurant, all about sharing and enjoying the most delicious food experience. Great service, very friendly. And the desserts. And the lamb/oyster tartar! And the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So creative!msuffDined on 9/6/2014One of the most creative meals I have ever eaten! Loved all of the combinations, from the foie gras starter to the "Crabby Jacks!" Great options for non-meat eaters, too. Incredibly fresh flavors, and a very helpful waiter contributed to our memorable experience. The fresh strawberries stuffed with frozen creme fraiche helped too...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menuJimboblondonDined on 9/6/2014We had a fantastic meal here. Really inventive flavour combinations and each course was a delightful surprise. We would really recommend it for anyone looking for an interesting dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annaDined on 9/5/2014Creative food with scandinavian accent, relatively small plates for the price but the experience is worth it. Good for a date and dinner with friends. Cool-elegant crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScattergunRead56Dined on 9/3/2014This restaurant is now a Scandinavian inspired restaurant trying to take it's theme from Noma. Well I have never been to Noma and think they haven't either. The ingredients are of a good quality but the dishes they conjure up are not making the best of them. The mackerel empanadas were ok but not outstanding. Best dish was chanterelles and sweet corn with egg. Very good indeed. The shredded pork with various condiments was acceptable but spoilt by bits of gristle. Poor kitchen skills. The pork ribs were somewhat salty and uninspiring. The concept is interesting but the kitchen lacks the skills to present the ingredients at their best.
- FOC1FOC1VIPDined on 8/31/2014Acme is not a New Orleans restaurant LOL. The chef founded the #1 restaurant in the world. Hate to spoil the ending... But HELO... Go now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy, great ambianceCindyDined on 8/30/2014Food is great, sharable, communal - a great spot for a group. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantLoni101VIPDined on 8/23/2014ACME was terrific. Food was wonderful. Very eclectic menu. Refreshing. Healthy. Would definitely go back. Took my 23 year old daughter and two friends. We all loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anaskuVIPDined on 8/22/2014I don't think we got the full experience of Acme because we were seated right at the entrance. The main dining room seemed much more dynamic, relaxed and enjoyable. As it was, I felt off in a corner and a bit awkward which made the slight negatives of the experience more pronounced - slow service and share plates of yummy food but small portions. That being said, the restaurant is gorgeous. The food was very good but I wasn't dying over it. Very good for a healthier night out with girlfriends!Special Features:
- IncredibleDined on 8/22/2014First visit here and was for my sisters birthday celebrations. Loved it! The vibe is cool, staff are super attentive and the food was delicious. We had fish skins, fish tacos (my favourite), mushroom and corn and the pork crepes - delicious!Special Features:
- Great for veggie loverscarmenreyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Had a fun dinner here with a group of 5. Food was great - tons of veggie options which I loved. Price point is high.Special Features:
- Absolutely delightfulkoftyDined on 8/9/2014I wasn't sure what to expect - but Acme surpassed even my wildest expectations. Following the excellent guidance from the staff, we selected a mix of dishes, and every single one blew our mind. The Pearl Barley - better than most risottos I've had. The Monkfish, wrapped in cabbage - amazing. The Foie Gras & Langoustines - delicious. We shared, as suggested, and every single dish surprised us with freshness and selection of ingredients as well as taste. Let's not forget about the desserts - one came with a sweet chanterelle cream, and it was as surprising as delicious. So were the stuffed strawberries - what an idea! I'll be back on my next visit to NYC.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!karinVIPDined on 8/8/2014Me and my husband loved the 4 dishes we had - 3 starters and one entree. They all come in portions that are good to share. Don't miss the starters! All the menu has combinations that you probably never had before (like the delicious lamb and oyster tartare) and the chef's imagination seems endless. We were only disappointed with the deserts: we had three of them and they were only ok, nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it wasJulesDined on 8/7/2014I had initially gone to Acme when it opened. The food was good, the waiter was knowledgable and friendly. Now, it's like a night club, that I don't feel cool enough to go to. Everything was about the scene, and the food seemed like it was an afterthought. We actually got up and left after our drinks. I wanted a place that cared for me, not a place where I had to vie for service.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014Having eaten at many of the city's top restaurant we had to try Acme due to its affiliation to NOMA (chef use to work there). We read some reviews which were very average, but most people who write these reviews go to places like Acme twice a year and expect the moon and the stars for a hundred and fifty dollars. The decor on the inside was what we call "edgy". We did the tasting menu. The food was innovative, with unusual ingredients that worked well together. The highlights was the goat cheese yogurt with beat nitroginized beets and hard rye bread crumble. The food was good - the only thing where they fell a little short for us was the service. The service was attentive, but very poor when it came to explaining the good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/5/2014Overpriced for the quality and quantity...unimpressed.
- acme southern and cajun food?!DavidBDined on 8/2/2014The food is very good but it's more on the Scandinavian end. The restaurant should market it self as a southern-Scandinavian food rather than southern and cajun. Also the name is quite odd. I know it has a good meaning but doesn't sound nice for a restaurant at this level. The food was great and very creative. Ambiance and bar really good. Downstairs bar also very good. Service was not that great, also not everyone would like the chef menu due to the raw food as well as the amount of seafood items, not an issue for me but for my wife. I asked the waiter if I could order the menu only for me and he told me no and no exceptions. Got very frustrated with that. Restaurant should better accommodate customers requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- raw food trend is not for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014When you leave a restaurant thinking that the drinks were better than the food something is wrong. Not that meals were bad but not even one was remarkable. I had the $75 7- dish menu. Great ambiance though.Special Features:
- Romantic Dinner at AcmeGourmetGirlDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I had a fabulous dinner at Acme when we were in New York on business last week. The food was great and we even saw the chef in the restaurant which was such an added bonus. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and felt very romantic and the food was both delicious as well as interesting and creative. My husband really enjoyed the evening and so did I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really bad bouncersfoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014i went there for a dinner with a friend. we had a reservation and were seated promptly. dinner and drinks were great--no issues with that. after our dinner we went downstairs to the bar. it was quite empty, but we still stayed and ordered a few drinks. i then stepped out, because my sister was visiting town for a few days and wanted to greet her. with her, we tried to get back in, but the extremely rude bouncer in the front told me he can only let one of us in. i told him i dined there and that it's empty inside. he didn't look me in the eye and just shouted at me that he is doing his job by not allowing us to get it. i couldn't say goodbye to my friends inside the bar and had to leave immediately. what a horrible experience!Special Features: