9 Great Jones St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://acmenyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 203-2121
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 6pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 6pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Acme
Acme serves locally-sourced, seasonal New American Fare with Nordic accents in a casual bistro setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Acme reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (111)hot spot (62)vibrant bar scene (44)neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (38)good for groups (35)romantic (34)late-night find (27)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great food quality;proper service training neededOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/20/2014Waited for over 15 minutes to get the server's attention so that we could order drinks while waiting for our table. We stayed at a standing bar by entrance until we were directed to closet banquet; near the bread station; we felt quite in the way (and for the the entire duration of our meal) as "runners" were focused on accomplishing their duties, cutting bread, without really paying attention to the patrons seated nearby, us. Overall impression on service; complete service training (host, server and "runners"), and overall client's experience should be reviewed. On a more positive note, the trout we were served was simply outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu is unusual and the food is excellent.InTheNabeDined on 11/19/2014I've eaten here a few times and am more impressed each time. The menu changes, the servers are friendly, the restaurant has a warm and welcoming ambience. The fact that dishes are meant to be shared creates a sense of intimacy in your group. It's expensive, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed serviceFrazerDined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed the food very much but the service was so quick we ordered a bottle of red wind and the meal together and the starter of the fish tacos arrived before the wine. As soon as the starter was taken away the mains arrived. The menu is confusing and the waiter couldn't explain what it was. I would like to go again and have the tasting menu maybe that would be more relaxed. What we had the seed risotto and the Johnny cakes were really tasty but would like to have a bit more explanation of the food. Overall great food but rushed prissy unknowledgeable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Cold RestaurantneanmoinsVIPDined on 11/15/2014We ate here last Saturday evening with friends, having high expectations for a delightful evening. Unfortunately, we got off to bad start when we were shown to a table right by the front door. Not a place we wanted to sit on a cold night! We were told nothing else was available but then we were brought down to a table in a cold, dark corner of the basement bar. We ordered from the tasting menu and we were all delighted by the innovative food combinations and presentation of each course. Our servers were wonderful and informative, but for most of the evening I was cold and uncomfortable sitting on a hard wooden bench. My discomfort sadly took away from my ability to enjoy my meal. As the evening went on, the bar become very loud, making conversation impossible. I hate writing a review like this, which doesn't focus on the food, but to me a big part of the dining experience is feeling at ease at the restaurant. I would give Acme another chance, because the food was so good. I'll wait until the weather is warmer and I will be sure to request a banquette upstairs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommend- horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The hosts were not capable- they kept saying our table was ready and then not taking us to it. They sat us an hour after our reservation began with no apologies, and set the table with too few settings.Special Features:
- special occasion nicenessOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/13/2014I reserved a table on open table, and noted we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, but I didn't ask for anything special, and didn't call ahead or anything. They were super thoughtful - set us up with a great corner table, gave us a glass of champagne to start, and an additional dessert. We really appreciated it, in addition to the fact that the food was absolutely delicious. foie gras and langoustine, chicken and eggs, trout, were all amazing and unique. desserts were a little on the sweet side, but not complaining about that. All in all, I think Acme is still a bit of a trendy hotspot, but the food and service and really great and will keep it running, and I didn't even mention the look of the restaurant which is really stylish and well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting and DeliciousMQCTDined on 11/9/2014The menu was very unique. Everything we ordered was fantastic! My husband raved about the oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interestingcity123VIPDined on 11/8/2014The ambiance is great. The service was fantastic. Although I could use some smiles. But will take efficiency over friendliness any day! The food is interesting. Some of it was awesome, some of it so strange, I couldn't tell if I liked it. But nothing tasted awful. Just so different, I couldn't get my taste buds acquainted. Will def. go back at some time, but if you're looking for the best meal in the world, I am not sure this is it. But it could be. My taste buds are just diff.Special Features:
- The Best Fish I've Ever Eaten2fullfoodieVIPDined on 11/5/2014As we chose to dine at the bar, the bartender acted as our waiter. He informed us that it was his job to help us "navigate" the menu. He did an excellent job! We ordered the right amount of food - we wanted to add the decadent fries that we spied at another table, but he nixed them. They would have been too much. The flavors were HUGE. As an entree we ordered the sea trout. It arrived wrapped in a newspaper, whole but filleted with a cavity of rich, aromatic herbs. It was the most tender and flavorful fish I have ever eaten. We didn't care for the grilled Maryland oysters, but enjoyed the salmon tartare tacos and the unique seed risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting food, great servicehappyozdinerDined on 11/2/2014A selection of innovative and reasonably priced dishes. Our two small plates - langoustine and foie gras, and brown eggs with a sabayon filling including cheese and cauliflower, were outstanding. One of our 'from the soil' mains, golden beets with plums was a little disappointing - but when our waiter noticed we had left some of it she asked about it, then took it off our cheque! We weren't even intending to complain - it was ok, just not in the league of the others. Very nice ambiance. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- nyceaterDined on 10/30/2014outstanding seed risotto, wonderful service, unique dishes, a bit overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunchWattsDined on 10/26/2014This was a great brunch from beginning to end. Their signature cocktails are well crafted and their plates are absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- A bit dissapointetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Overall a ok experience. But it startet bad with a bartender with a really bad attitude. The food was okay, the drinks not really good and the wine tasted totally different from what our waiter told us it would taste like (he offered to change it though). The bar downstairs was vibrant and good.Special Features:
- tastyDined on 10/12/2014Amazing food....genius chef.....stunning atmosphere !!!!!Special Features:
- The best food in my life!!TheOnionFromSwedenDined on 10/12/2014The combination of different tastes was the best ever in my life...and even for my friend. He was extremly happy!! It was a problem for me with your first question....i will give Acme at least 6 stars (they are one star better than the rest of the world) for their food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Nordic in NYDanishfoodiesDined on 10/11/2014Great New Nordic food with a NY touch. We had the full menu and enjoyed it. Great atmosphere. Service was friendly and attentive - but way too fast leaving us very little time to digest each dish, had to ask the waiter to slow down the pace. Good wine list, but our waiter had very little knowledge of the wines and had to ask a head waiter. Overall a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantasticLizapieDined on 10/11/2014Had an amazing dinner here ! The waiters are fantastic (classy, warm, attentive), the food is creative, delicious and quite remarkable and the vibe is trendy and unpretentious. Our waiter Joe made an effort with my citrus food allergy. Acme is a great place for a special, fun night out. I will recommend it to friends visiting from out of town and the locals who haven't experienced it yet. Try the foie gras.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't....GargantuaDined on 10/10/2014Service is good. Management attitude is bad. Food nothing special with out any surprises in any of the plates ordered. Wine is expensive.
- JJNYCVIPDined on 10/9/2014Delicious food and a vibrant scene with attentive service, even with a full restaurant. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonVIPDined on 10/9/2014What a fabulous place. The menu is inventively different than any place else I've been. Food combinations seem almost bizarre, yet, it Works....Extremely Well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gemnotor44VIPDined on 10/7/2014I had to make last minute reservations for clients and this night couldn't have been better. Excellent food all around great to bring a large group and have tapas.Special Features:
- exceptionalmpm3Dined on 10/2/2014we ate close to 10 dishes and each one was dead on. the sensibilities of the person creating this food are tremendous. the only minor deficit is that there is nothing largely green - not a side or a real salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acme is BETTER THAN EVER!!4thGenNewYorkerVIPDined on 10/1/2014One rarely thinks that a great restaurant will actually keep evolving and improving three years after its launch, but that is exactly what the Acme team has done! An outstanding dining experience on every level! A grand slam home run!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Bartender RussellAtlantaDined on 9/27/2014We had reservations at Stanton Social. It was horribly loud& we left. Quickly went to open table got reservations at Acme. It saved the day. All the staff were delightful. Was seated at the Bar, Russell took great care& was very knowledgable about Mezcal.Food was magic, my fish was amazing (how did they do it!). Really brilliant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really impressed!Luv2trynewthingsVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was fantastic. Loved the vibe. Comfortable/chic. Definitely going back!!Special Features:
- Wow!AldertDined on 9/25/2014In a relaxed, chilled ambiance with efficiënt and very friendly service we experienced a more then great dinner! Wow! Chef Mads Refslund serves very creative dishes, all locally sourced with some spectacular combinations of ingredients.All works perfectly. Great place for foodies and also for vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodJonnaDined on 9/20/2014The food was amazing, best meal in NYC. the cocktails are not near the food standard, next time i will go with beer or wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huh? Anchovie,Cauliflower &EggplantTongnCheekDined on 9/19/2014That pretty much somes up this place. Went there for our anniversary and we had the $38 Johnny Cakes with pork shoulder that included condiments such as the above. The result? I've had better $2 carnitas tacos. Appetizers include culinary fiascos such as foie gras with langoustine and smoked fish tacos. Underwhelming to just gross. The insanity continues to the dessert menu which includes a chantily mushroom tart, chocolate with sunchokes and beet granita. LOL. Place tries way to be hard to be "different" and ends up being, at best, "meh". Service was great...no complaints there whatsoever. Hype is heavy for this place...don't fall for it...you can do better.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Had to wait 40 min past reservation time to be seatedSpecial Features:
- Used to be betterBrazilianFoodieDined on 9/7/2014Last year, in March I went to NY and visited sereval restaurants and at ACME I had the best experience for the whole week. The food was awasome. This week I've decided to visit it again, waiting for the same experience, but in fact I was kind of desapointed because the food It was not as good as used to be one year ago.Special Features:
- Good ambiance but...Mar01Dined on 9/6/2014Very polite waaiters and service in the restaurant , nice ambiance and average food . When we left we had to wait for a car to pick us. , and had lawsy episode with the doorman who wanted us to leave the premises asap in very bad manners .
- Great nordic++ cuisine experienceDaneEatingInNYCDined on 9/6/2014We had a blast that night where we started out with a grandiose cocktail and then ordered 7 or 8 different things. Eventhough we are used to eat well and rather experimental we were astonished bythe creativity, quality and extreme tasteful dishes. Definitely a place we will visit again next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDine4luvDined on 9/6/2014Fantastic restaurant, all about sharing and enjoying the most delicious food experience. Great service, very friendly. And the desserts. And the lamb/oyster tartar! And the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So creative!msuffDined on 9/6/2014One of the most creative meals I have ever eaten! Loved all of the combinations, from the foie gras starter to the "Crabby Jacks!" Great options for non-meat eaters, too. Incredibly fresh flavors, and a very helpful waiter contributed to our memorable experience. The fresh strawberries stuffed with frozen creme fraiche helped too...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menuJimboblondonDined on 9/6/2014We had a fantastic meal here. Really inventive flavour combinations and each course was a delightful surprise. We would really recommend it for anyone looking for an interesting dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annaDined on 9/5/2014Creative food with scandinavian accent, relatively small plates for the price but the experience is worth it. Good for a date and dinner with friends. Cool-elegant crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScattergunRead56Dined on 9/3/2014This restaurant is now a Scandinavian inspired restaurant trying to take it's theme from Noma. Well I have never been to Noma and think they haven't either. The ingredients are of a good quality but the dishes they conjure up are not making the best of them. The mackerel empanadas were ok but not outstanding. Best dish was chanterelles and sweet corn with egg. Very good indeed. The shredded pork with various condiments was acceptable but spoilt by bits of gristle. Poor kitchen skills. The pork ribs were somewhat salty and uninspiring. The concept is interesting but the kitchen lacks the skills to present the ingredients at their best.
- FOC1FOC1VIPDined on 8/31/2014Acme is not a New Orleans restaurant LOL. The chef founded the #1 restaurant in the world. Hate to spoil the ending... But HELO... Go now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy, great ambianceCindyDined on 8/30/2014Food is great, sharable, communal - a great spot for a group. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantLoni101VIPDined on 8/23/2014ACME was terrific. Food was wonderful. Very eclectic menu. Refreshing. Healthy. Would definitely go back. Took my 23 year old daughter and two friends. We all loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.